Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Prenups Would You Still Get - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Prenups Would You Still Get (6203 Views)

Only Bums Hate Prenups! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 7:14am On Sep 18, 2018
2buffagain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGITJlPwtfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjKZpm7CnE0

For anyone dumb enough to believe any manipulative woman about not signing a prenup.
See what a so called wife did to Emmanuel Eboue, football player.

All that suffering, all that hussle...lost to a woman who likely told him the same nonsense that some manipulative females on this thread have already tried to push.

<falz> eee wee no work! Dey tink dat we don't watsh televizan</falz> cheesy

Without a prenup, the courts hardly consider the woman's own personal assets when doing the split. They just go straight for the jugular of the man in a savage and utterly reprehensible manner.
If Eboue at least had that in print, he would have have had a better chance of been able to get some of his money back from her.

Prenups are not for defense against your loving wife, they are for defense against your ex-wife.
Remember that.

Right let’s get things in perspective here
Emmanuel caused his own downfall
He sighned over his assets to his ex-wife for her to manage that is called being stupid.
He chose not to seek the advice of solicitors and despite being advised against this he ignored team mates and friends.

He is not the only African footballer to end up poor . Most lack the financial discipline to plan ahead. Don’t put this on his wife. He had capacity and he made very bad decisions repeatedly.
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 7:17am On Sep 18, 2018
MariaLavina:
It's a no for me. angry

No prenuptial nonsense. I don't know why men are so concerned about this thing. There are women who are richer than their husbands you don't see them demanding these things.

What has the world turn to? !
Actually most women do request one these days. I know of a few. It’s called protecting your hardwork.
How many women have been bankrupted by their husbands due to co-signing loans using her assets?

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 18, 2018
pocohantas:
If Coogar can get married after swallowing all the red pill...I am sorry to say, all you new generation alphas dey learn work.

Logout and face reality. You will all get married and see the benefits yourselves grin

Babe this table you are shaking...hmmmm

No let this UK to America or married women case on NL issues open again o grin lipsrsealed
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Mujtahida: 9:11am On Sep 18, 2018
MariaLavina:
Oh really? Well I don't think ca.plocks see things that way. He went on the offensive and defensive line. The response appears insulting but there is a truth to it. why will anyone not see the benefit of marriage?
And who best is in the position to convince him if not his dad?

No only myopic men whom have destroyed what is yet to be born will seek a prenuptial agreement. Why marry at all if you don't trust your partner?
That looks like a question but it is not really a question. It's more like you are saying marriage is beneficial and so case closed.

For you it is beneficial, for him it is not. Night and day: All part of life. I feel when a person voices an opinion contrary to our own, respect demands that we should endeavour to ask the person the reason for his or her views.

I'm married and to a good, beautiful woman but I know marriage is dying. It won't survive the onslaught of the changes that are underway and the reason as far as I see it is that the consciousness of men and women has changed, it's changed from what it was in generations past.

3 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Mujtahida: 9:14am On Sep 18, 2018
The patriarchy was the cornerstone of marriage as we know it. It's taken so much of a hit in the last fifty years and since the centre(patriarchy) can no longer hold things (marriage) have and will fall apart.

Perhaps over the ruins and the rubble of the war between men and women a new framework for intimate human relations will arise.

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Mujtahida: 9:26am On Sep 18, 2018
And I hope you guys talking about Pre nup know that it's alien to our laws whether under Islamic law, native law and custom or the marriage Act and Matrimonial Causes Act.

It's an American thing. I'm not even sure it's applicable in the UK.
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 10:24am On Sep 18, 2018
Mujtahida:
And I hope you guys talking about Pre nup know that it's alien to our laws whether under Islamic law, native law and custom or the marriage Act and Matrimonial Causes Act.

It's an American thing. I'm not even sure it's applicable in the UK.
It is applicable to all western countries

2 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Gerrard59(m): 10:30am On Sep 18, 2018
pocohantas:
If Coogar can get married after swallowing all the red pill...j am sorry to say, all you new generation alphas dey learn work.

Logout and face reality. You will all get married and see the benefits yourselves grin

Really? shocked

Thought he got a female Nlder pregnant and that was all?
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 2:37pm On Sep 18, 2018
MissRaine69:

Right let’s get things in perspective here
Emmanuel caused his own downfall
He sighned over his assets to his ex-wife for her to manage that is called being stupid.
He chose not to seek the advice of solicitors and despite being advised against this he ignored team mates and friends.

He is not the only African footballer to end up poor . Most lack the financial discipline to plan ahead. Don’t put this on his wife. He had capacity and he made very bad decisions repeatedly.

That he did. He is a fool.

The point I'm making though is that even though he pretty much gave all his assets to his wife, upon divorce, BOTH party's assets should have been considered for the split...gaining him back some of the lost assets.... if there truly is gender equality in the courts.

But as we know, there is no such thing.

That is a reason why an iron clad prenup is necessary, with a clause specifically stating that the party's assets acquired after marriage are up for consideration. Regardless of whether the man has more money or not. Otherwise, family courts tend to automatically ignore the female's assets.

The judge knows he/she could have applied this default, but refused to, because seeing a devastated man pleases them...add to it that he is black and the judge would have double reason to see him reprobate.

4 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 18, 2018
does prenuptial agreement applies in nigeria?
of what use will it be since a gold digger in a nigerian marriage cant just hijack ur assets just like that

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by rs172(m): 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2018
So Queen Elizabeth that made Meghan signed pre nuptials b4 getting married to her son Prince Harry know no wetin dey sup abii...

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by samysmoothfresh: 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2018
My parents celebrated their 45th yr marriage anniversary last week

my cousin on the other hand (29) is getting divorced from a 3 one quater year marrige

wonder why my cousin's marrige is crumbling (or has already crumbled as they'll be finalising the divorce next month) while my parent are still married even after 45yrs?.................i'll tell you why

because of 'em
"senseless 3rd generation feminists and/or ignorant alpha males"

these two sets of bastards have made practically everything a case of "man vs woman" or simply put "gender war"

a marriage where one or both spouses is a feminist or alpha male, that marriage will never last...........i repeat, that marriage will never last!!

My cousin was unfortunate to marry one of this 3rd generation feminist and aside from the first 4months, the marriage has been hell for him

men, marry these local "feminists" who are not "Feminists" at your own peril

women, marry these "self acclaimed alpha males" at your own peril

and to all the idiots especially the ones on nl, life or the earth is not
undergoing a worldwide war between the opposite sexes where you must always have to fight for your gender

wake up from your delusion!!!!

EOD

2 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Mujtahida: 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2018
MissRaine69:

It is applicable to all western countries
They are not automatically legally binding in England and Wales.
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2018
samysmoothfresh:
My parents celebrated their 45th yr marriage anniversary last week

my cousin on the other hand (29) is getting divorced from a 3 one quater year marrige

wonder why my cousin's marrige is crumbling (or has already crumbled as they'll be finalising the divorce next month) while my parent are still married even after 45yrs?.................i'll tell you why

because of 'em
"senseless 3rd generation feminists and/or ignorant alpha males"

these two sets of bastards have made practically everything a case of "man vs woman" or simply put "gender war"

a marriage where one or both spouses is a feminist or alpha male, that marriage will never last...........i repeat, that marriage will never last!!

My cousin was unfortunate to marry one of this 3rd generation feminist and aside from the first 4months, the marriage has been hell for him

men, marry these local "feminists" who are not "Feminists" at your own peril

women, marry these "self acclaimed alpha males" at your own peril

and to all the idiots especially the ones on nl, life or the earth is not
undergoing a worldwide war between the opposite sexes where you must always have to fight for your gender

wake up from your delusion!!!!

EOD

And what does all this story have to do with the importance of protecting oneself with a prenup?
There are age mates of yours right now whose parents are divorced, so you are not making any logical point.

A person does not have to be an "alpha male" or "feminist" to be exposed to a divorce.
Apply logic.

2 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by samysmoothfresh: 8:04pm On Sep 18, 2018
2buffagain:

And what does all this story have to do with the importance of protecting oneself with a prenup?
There are age mates of yours right now whose parents are divorced, so you are not making any logical point.

A person does not have to be an "alpha male" or "feminist" to be exposed to a divorce.
Apply logic.

i dont care about the prenup y'all talking about undecided

i only made an input based on what caps.locked said and the arguement on marriage and divorce that ensued

and i stand by what i said cos i've heard about and seen alot of divorce cases and marriages experiencing difficulties.

The major reasons is what i mentioned earlier viz:

1) the wife is one of 'em naive 3rd generation feminists who know not what true feminism mean and deem it fit to disrespect their husband all in the name of "equal rights"

and/or

2) the ignorant self acclaimed alpha males who think because they are men, their wives should practically worship them and most times deem it fit to beat them up if they do otherwise.
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2018
samysmoothfresh:

i dont care about the prenup y'all talking about undecided

i only made an input based on what caps.locked said and the arguement on marriage and divorce that ensued

and i stand by what i said cos i've heard about and seen alot of divorce cases and marriages experiencing difficulties.

The major reasons is what i mentioned earlier viz:

1) the wife is one of 'em naive 3rd generation feminists who know not what true feminism mean and deem it fit to disrespect their husband all in the name of "equal rights"

and/or

2) the ignorant self acclaimed alpha males who think because they are men, their wives should practically worship them and most times deem it fit to beat them up if they do otherwise.

Yeah True.
Thing is, You do not know who your spouse truly is until you marry them. People change. All major life long term decisions must be made with that cold hard fact of life in mind.
Which is why self-protection is crucial.
Hence the main topic of the thread.

You don't get a prenup to protect yourself from your wife. You do it to protect yourself from your ex.

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 12:13am On Sep 19, 2018
Mujtahida:

They are not automatically legally binding in England and Wales.
That’s why good divorce lawyers exist.

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 12:16am On Sep 19, 2018
2buffagain:
Someone needs to put this thread on frontpage. Not sure who mods are
You know what it’s like here .....it’s who you know not the content of the thread!
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 12:18am On Sep 19, 2018
rs172:
So Queen Elizabeth that made Meghan signed pre nuptials b4 getting married to her son Prince Harry know no wetin dey sup abii...
Point of correction
Harry is Queen Elizabeth’s grandson his father is the Queen’s son.
But carry on.
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 12:26am On Sep 19, 2018
2buffagain:

That he did. He is a fool.

The point I'm making though is that even though he pretty much gave all his assets to his wife, upon divorce, BOTH party's assets should have been considered for the split...gaining him back some of the lost assets.... if there truly is gender equality in the courts.

But as we know, there is no such thing.

That is a reason why an iron clad prenup is necessary, with a clause specifically stating that the party's assets acquired after marriage are up for consideration. Regardless of whether the man has more money or not. Otherwise, family courts tend to automatically ignore the female's assets.

The judge knows he/she could have applied this default, but refused to, because seeing a devastated man pleases them...add to it that he is black and the judge would have double reason to see him reprobate.

The problem with men like him is when they are flying high they forget at some point they will have to land. There was nothing stopping him getting property in Africa very excellent real estate at that. He could have been divorced in France but he chose not to .

All I am saying is that some of these so called sweet and God fearing wives won’t be so sweet when money is in the frame.

2 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 12:30am On Sep 19, 2018
lefulefu:
does prenuptial agreement applies in nigeria?
of what use will it be since a gold digger in a nigerian marriage cant just hijack ur assets just like that
Depends on how much you are worth, just like everything else here. If you can’t safeguard your assets and ensure your children don’t suffer just because their mother is being vindictive. Then you are fundamentally flawed.

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 19, 2018
Only a deluded man will go for registry marriage without signing a pre-nupital agreement because the future is pregnant. I can remember I once said on this platform that if at all you must do registry marriage with a woman make sure she has her own properties.
If a woman refuses to sign prenup with you, just forget about the marriage because she doesn't mean well for you and if she comes to her senses later, make sure that all your assets before marriage aren't shared in a case of divorce and after divorce you'll only go out with what you contributed to the acquiring.

For those of you saying "of what use is prenup in Nigeria, are properties shared in Nigeria.. Etc" you people are just ignorant. The world is changing and only God knows how the family system will be in 10-15years time therefore don't allow present patriarchal privileges to cover your senses.

BTW, @missraine thanks for this thread. ..very educative .

5 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 1:58am On Sep 19, 2018
Elder001:
Only a deluded man will go for registry marriage without signing a pre-nupital agreement because the future is pregnant. I can remember I once said on this platform that if at all you must do registry marriage with a woman make sure she has her own properties.
If a woman refuses to sign prenup with you, just forget about the marriage because she doesn't mean well for you and if she comes to her senses later, make sure that all your assets before marriage aren't shared in a case of divorce and after divorce you'll only go out with what you contributed to the acquiring.

For those of you saying "of what use is prenup in Nigeria, are properties shared in Nigeria.. Etc" you people are just ignorant. The world is changing and only God knows how the family system will be in 10-15years time therefore don't allow present patriarchal privileges to cover your senses.

BTW, @missraine thanks for this thread. ..very educative .

Thank you very much
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Shugavee(f): 3:42am On Sep 19, 2018
MariaLavina:
Call me old fashioned, I don't see the need for it.

And I don't expect my man to. Thanks
i feel it’s not just right, for LOVERS to do that. Marriage is a risk for everyone.... if u scared of it , then forget abt it. Doing that means u don’t trust me, so there is no need for marriage.
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Shugavee(f): 4:02am On Sep 19, 2018
How can someone get married , already getting ready to divorce , that marriage won’t last!! That’s just the truth. If marriage ain’t built by trust, it will surely crumble . There no love in that.. is like a contracted marriage , u can break up when u want,
When marriage is meant to be for better for worse, till death do us part... if u feel u don’t benefit anything from marriage as a single guy , that’s more than enough reason to die single... when u r ready u won’t ask stupid questions.
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Shugavee(f): 4:07am On Sep 19, 2018
Marriage ain for kids!! U can be a babypapa n move on with ur life, marriage is a covenant! U n who so ever u wanna marry becomes one ☝�, only matured minds really ready for it should go into it... not because u just wanna marry, especially guys here...

MARRIAGE IS NOT A CONTRACT

U MUST NOT MARRY
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 4:57am On Sep 19, 2018
@shugavee, idealistically, you are right.

Realistically? You are being willfully ignorant. There are women who have said the same good goodly wife things you are saying right now that became monsters years down the line.

Out here , women trigger 70% of divorces. You want to know why they can do so so casually? Because they have no consequences.
At any point they can keep all the benefits of a marriage without any of the responsibilities...at the expense of her slave ex-husband. Thanks to things like no-fault divorce.

Human beings are inherently selfish. It is a human flaw no matter how goodly the spouse. So love with structure and guidelines.

You can still love each other till death do you part ...having signed a prenup.

It is like car insurance. Something you buy now to cover all bases but hope to NEVER have to use in the future

Prenup is not for protection against a wife. It is for protection against a vindictive ex who, for whatever emotional change or reason, might choose to destroy your life because he/she realizes they have the power to do so.

If you still don't get that, scroll up to my earlier post of the three types of women who won't sign a prenup and pick the one you are.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Shugavee(f): 6:50am On Sep 19, 2018
2buffagain:
@shugavee, idealistically, you are right.

Realistically? You are being willfully ignorant. There are women who have said the same good goodly wife things you are saying right now that became monsters years down the line.

Out here , women trigger 70% of divorces. You want to know why they can do so so casually?

Human beings are inherently selfish. It is a human flaw no matter how goodly the spouse. So love with structure and guidelines.

You can still love each other till death do you part ...having signed a prenup.

It is like car insurance. Something you buy now to cover all bases but hope to NEVER have to use in the future

Prenup is not for protection against a wife. It is for protection against a vindictive ex who, for whatever emotional change or reason, might choose to destroy your life because he/she realizes they have the power to do so.

If you still don't get that, scroll up to my earlier post of the three types of women who won't sign a prenup and pick the one you are.
car insurance !!! Marriage!!

Just stay single it’s not by force
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by rs172(m): 7:35am On Sep 19, 2018
MissRaine69:

Point of correction
Harry is Queen Elizabeth’s grandson his father is the Queen’s son.
But carry on.

So far people get my message.. it cool
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 8:05am On Sep 19, 2018
Shugavee:
car insurance !!! Marriage!!

Just stay single it’s not by force

... But marriage IS a contract.

You both sign on some dotted line prior to becoming man and wife don't you?

3 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Shugavee(f): 10:06am On Sep 19, 2018
2buffagain:

... But marriage IS a contract.

You both sign on some dotted line prior to becoming man and wife don't you?
the paper isn’t what makes the marriage. It’s just proff u both r married.

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 11:51am On Sep 19, 2018
Shugavee:
How can someone get married , already getting ready to divorce , that marriage won’t last!! That’s just the truth. If marriage ain’t built by trust, it will surely crumble . There no love in that.. is like a contracted marriage , u can break up when u want,
When marriage is meant to be for better for worse, till death do us part... if u feel u don’t benefit anything from marriage as a single guy , that’s more than enough reason to die single... when u r ready u won’t ask stupid questions.
@Shugavee that’s the common misconception
A prenup can include any detail that you feel pertinent children, their provision, your provision etc
What happens should either party stray? If people are pragmatic instead of having “the happily ever after” mindset then what is the issue?
Can you guarantee what will happen in a marriage 10 years from now?
What if he develops gambling debts and starts selling everything?
He becomes mentally unwell and nearly kills you?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Could Make A Lion Behave Like This (pictures) / MEN!! Churches Are The WORST PLACES To Get Good Wives In Today's World!! (photo) / ..........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.