Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Unemployable? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Unemployable? (18567 Views)

Five (5) Reasons Why Some People Are Unemployable - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) / Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable / Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Unemployable? by Tolexander: 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2018
MAJORBANKZ:
Nice piece. I study comp sci. In one of the fed. varsity unlike me,many of my coursemates can't write a basic program, develop an app etc and we dey grad next year. So how do u expect us to fit in when the system is eroded. The idea is to keep the youths busy nothing more.
MAJORBANKZ:
stop or stopped? English is quite difficult
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Unemployable? by ehinmowo: 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2018
j1mmy:

Rubbish,
Many successful people around the world today never attended decent secondary schools let alone universities and when they did they pick the right courses, right mentality and right plan.

Indians use lanterns and candles to study things like programming and other freeware courses: they account for the highest number of developers in the world today.

You cannot expect to study sociology and mass comm and go conquer the world.
You cannot spend most of your time on cultism and expect any commonsense attitude to emerge from your time at school.
You cannot base your learning on "work of god" and expect to be innovative.
Education is not only about study, Nigerian mentality renders education useless.

Nigeria imports intelligence (aka expatriates) not because of education but mentality!
Most Chinese people who are Ogas of Nigerian PHD holders are prisoners and low level skilled people.

I dnt like it when slow pokes quote me. What do you mean by the right course? Are you sane at all? So your course determine who you become in life right?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Unemployable? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2018
AnalyticalMind:

Let's be objective, dont be quick to blame, it's quite unfortunate to have the kind of educational system we have in nigeria, if only the system was effective, there wouldn't be a "generalization" that Nigerian graduates are unemployable. this menace is a product of a deficit system which was solely put in place to address that, the truth is that many people don't realize on time how weak and programed to fail this our educational system is designed, they just felt well, I'm in school, I will do my best to make up with the requirements and I will be fine afterall, if we all schooled in the U.S would we be unemployable? The only thing we should rather do is encourage/create awareness instead of blame Nigerian graduates, to wake up to their reality, take it upon themselves,to go the extra mile, to make up for the deficiency in the system which they wouldn't have needed to do elsewhere.

No one owes anyone anything in this life.
You owe it to yourself to do the best according to your ability and accept the results as what you can get. Not what was given to you.
The fact is there are unemployable graduates everywhere. It's a personal issue.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Unemployable? by j1mmy: 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2018
ehinmowo:

I dnt like it when slow pokes quote me. What do you mean by the right course? Are you sane at all? So your course determine who you become in life right?
You must be an ape - read what you wrote primate!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Takes Over Recruitment Duties From Teaching Hospitals / Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? / My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.