Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady (24404 Views)

DNA Centre Sheds Light On Child Paternity Fraud In Nigeria / Enugu: Woman Discovers Daughter 20 Yrs After She Was Stolen At Birth In Hospital / I Will Divorce My Husband If He Asks For DNA Test After Giving Birth - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by sunkoye: 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2018
Before DNA test..... Until the mother dies.....it is then you are sure of who your father is... lipsrsealed
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
pansophist:
Maria Lavina

I guess it's patriarchy fault grin

Women eh?
Possibly. In a country where determination of a child's gender is placed on the woman, contrary to biological explanation. It shouldn't be shocking when things like this happen.

In a country where the woman is ridiculed and called barren because of her husband inability to produce offspring, cases like this should be expected.

In a country where adoption is frowned at, child bearing is believed to be the sole purpose of a woman.Barren women are pushed to buy babies. cases like this shouldn't raise brows.

So Yes it is patriarchy fault. However, I don't support paternity fraud. I believe all issues that can lead to this should be discussed between couples.

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Duru1(m): 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
Who in his/her right state of mind will indulge in DNA test in the jungle called Nigeria? I will not have an open wound treated in Nigeria. Nigerians who cannot handle ordinary gutter are dreaming about DNA testing.

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by SimonMagau: 12:35pm On Sep 19, 2018
tongue
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 19, 2018
freecocoa:
If only men were the ones who get pregnant, then 99% of kids wouldn’t be their mum’s.

Seriously, with how useless most Nigerian men are, it’s hard to feel sorry for them, mschew!
are your brothers, uncles and father useless too? A problem with Nigerians is how they see issues. Do you know the damage you will be causing to your child when he or she finds out the person she or he has called dad all time isn’t the biological father. I am surprised a woman is the one coming to advocate for this test. Maybe she knows what many are really upto.

2 Likes

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by CaptainFM1: 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2018
FADIOZ:
Where exactly did this durex get their stats from ...

Don't mind them...They will do anything and tell any lies just to sell their condoms that burst easily.

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by cattylove7(f): 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2018
emmie14:
What is the average cost of DNA testing from various hospitals.
150k how many people can afford that
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Delivar(m): 12:41pm On Sep 19, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
It's funny how most ladies out there uses 16 digits passwords with a mixture of letters, numbers and symbols to lock their phones while the password to unlock their respective legs is "swipe to open"
Why the focus on ladies? Why shouldn't men lock up too? If you expect only women to lock up while men remain loose it's never going to work out well. That will only increase rape incidents. It would be better to leave women stay lose and ask men to lock up or ask both sexes to lock up.
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 19, 2018
freecocoa:
Ofcourse I get your point but then, something needs to be done about the men, otherwise things will only get worse. I bet you that, most said cases of women passing off another man’s child on their hubby, had something to do with how irresponsible said hubby is/was, as the case may be.
indeed, and you will claim to love the child.
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by InvertedHammer: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2018
emmie14:

This post is focused in Nigeria and I asked the question not basically for myself but other people who may want to check the paternity if the kids in their respective homes.

Don't we have competent laboratories in Nigeria without accreditations from foreign missions in Nigeria ?
/
There are many credible labs. But for official purposes, you must go to the appointed labs because of Nigerians' penchant for forgery. Folks like your senators and Adeosun lay credence to that stereotype.

/

2 Likes

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by DeRay98(m): 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
SilentBang:

He picking a Stud for his wife ??... is plane stupidity and self deception, seriously does this really happen there are a thousand ways to go around "being infertile" why choose one that will make you lose your sanity.

Bout the better Economic prospects... thats pure selfishness and wickedness.

Why are you surprised that that's how the average ambitious and independent Nigerian ladies behave? They want to prove that they are smart and they feel that they can eat their cake and still have, until it backfires then you hear them cry "men are wicked" etc

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by thegoodone1234(m): 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2018
can expert explain better. I read in one write up that if a girl has boy friend and she has been having unprotected sex with him for more than 20times before she Marry that the baby will have DNA of the boy friend not the husband that just have sex with her. if a girl sleep with 20 guy she has 20 DNA traces. ist true?
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Ideagatesauto: 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
Timewilltell2:
Why are igbos always tarnishing our image undecided. Imagine this sort of crap?. The women with chest her and yam legs sleeping with anything while Chinedu is out of the country tarnishing our image with crime. Biafrauds will not go unpunished angry

Don't get confused.
The point made is that more tests carried out are from people from the SE, Ss etc. It just points to the clear fact that the regions not mentioned aren't even involved in trying to confirm the paternity of their kids while having a high rate of spousal infidelity and sexual immorality.

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by DeRay98(m): 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
MariaLavina:
Possibly. In a country where determination of a child's gender is placed on the woman, contrary to biological explanation. It shouldn't be shocking when things like this happen.

In a country where the woman is ridiculed and called barren because of her husband inability to produce offspring, cases like this should be expected.

In a country where adoption is frowned at, child bearing is believed to be the sole purpose of a woman.Barren women are pushed to buy babies. cases like this shouldn't raise brows.

So Yes it is patriarchy fault. However, I don't support paternity fraud. I believe all issues that can lead to this should be discussed between couples.

Feminazis, must find an angle to twist the reality to so as to conceal their shame and avoiding answering the real question.

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 19, 2018
DeRay98:

Feminazis, must find an angle to twist the reality to so as to conceal their shame and avoiding answering the real question.
Are you pansophist?

If not, kindly crawl back into the shell you escaped from grin
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by holluphemydavid(m): 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
It's funny how most ladies out there uses 16 digits passwords with a mixture of letters, numbers and symbols to lock their phones while the password to unlock their respective legs is "swipe to open"
dis is very funny grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Freeko4: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2018
so ladies are angry, dat dis is coming from a lady,
no man should trust any ladies esp Nigeria ladies,
I can count the numbers of ladies that av commented on dis post, Dey re all shying away from the truth. shameless, and ugly baboons

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Seahawk: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2018
Tedpgrass:

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Women remain the main moral compass of a society, if that is lost, a shipwreck is inevitable!!!

Do good not for the kudos but it's good to be GOOD!!

Be your own moral compass. Don’t make it someone else’s burden.

If you people do good, will you die? Imagine the useless emotional blackmail tactics you’re trying to employ.

Actually, in this case two wrongs do make a right.

for every man that raises a child who’s not his, the world gets a little better.

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Ikem11(m): 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
Seconded
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Freeko4: 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2018
some ladies are angry, dat dis is coming from a lady,
no man should trust any lady esp a lady from Nigeria,
I can count the numbers of ladies that av commented on dis post, Dey re all shying away from the truth. shameless, and ugly baboons
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by suledes(m): 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
The Paternity Centres should try to bring down the DNA test, inorder for fathers to patronize them. That is why there is increase in number of single mothers out there....
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by phase1: 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
Simbrixton:
where is your lab based

Lagos, Abj, Enugu, Kano, Anambra
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by emmie14: 1:27pm On Sep 19, 2018
cattylove7:
150k how many people can afford that
Alot when necessary
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by DammyGbade(m): 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2018
Nigeria will always be among the odds
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by DNAprof: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2018
We have the answers... Check our signature for more info.

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Simbrixton(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2018
phase1:

Lagos, Abj, Enugu, Kano, Anambra
so you get solid job like this and you be bigot I pity you
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by DNAprof: 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2018
suledes:
The Paternity Centres should try to bring down the DNA test, inorder for fathers to patronize them. That is why there is increase in number of single mothers out there....

My dear, a lot of technicalities goes into DNA imvestigation. The reagents and materials are also expensive to purchase, transport and store.
Get the testing done by professionals and have your peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Bigdiddo(m): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2018
why wasting time doing DNA test when u can consult the oracle or spiritualist in any of your religion to know the truth?
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Tedpgrass: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2018
Seahawk:

Be your own moral compass. Don’t make it someone else’s burden.

If you people do good, will you die? Imagine the useless emotional blackmail tactics you’re trying to employ.

Actually, in this case two wrongs do make a right.

for every man that raises a child who’s not his, the world gets a little better.

Interesting opinion

But it remains your opinion..

To the last bit....
Kudos to men who raise other kids willingly..... not by deceit +/- duress

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by DeRay98(m): 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2018
MariaLavina:
Are you pansophist?

If not, kindly crawl back into the shell you escaped from grin

That's how they react when you slam-dunk on them. grin
Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by Stevewonder004(m): 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2018
My problem is that poor man can never afford such amount of money, for a mere test of owns a child

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: DNA Test Should Be Mandatory At Birth - Lady by pansophist(m): 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2018
MariaLavina:

I see.

So how will you explain paternity fraud in countries that are beacons of feminism and gender equality? USA for example?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wife Pours Water On Matrimonial Bed Because Husband Refuses To Buy Her Wig (vid) / My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) / A Nigerian Man Finds Out His 32-Year-Old 'Son' Is Not His (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.