Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,239 members, 7,836,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! (13464 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh / What Do I Give My Boyfriend On His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Bawses(m): 8:43pm On Jul 06, 2010
@ OP
We are all human and we have conscience. Believe you me weather male or female we all like to baske in the sunlight of a high status when we get 1.
Like some contributors have said, just give him space, no matter how hard or cruel we humans tend to act, there is this conscience that always hidden
deep down and at the right time he will come back to his senses and begin to appreciate you. If you Love him, let him go and when he does come back
to you know he is truly yours.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Michael13(m): 8:48pm On Jul 06, 2010
Cohomology:

lola-luv,

Some questions for you:

1. How long have you been dating this guy?
2. Are you employed? In what sector of the economy?
3. What is your educational level? What field/course/profession?
4. What is his educational level? What field/course/profession?
5. Finally, is there anything he has been complaining about concerning you for a some time, that you think has not been addressed? Think hard and well about this question.

Supply the answers then I'll tell you what went wrong, and probably how to handle the situation. Though, you may have figured it out yourself.

True true your name na Cohomology  grin
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Agibecky: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2010
I think another name for the Romance section should be Public Complaints Bureau (PCB).
Nigerian men and women love to whine about the shortcomings of their lovers.
It's no use crying over spilt milk.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Michael13(m): 9:15pm On Jul 06, 2010
Agibecky:

I think another name for the Romance section should be Public Complaints Bureau (PCB).
Nigerian men and women love to whine about the shortcomings of their lovers.
It's no use crying over spilt milk.
Thank you jo, with the way THEY go about it, one can't help but think if the STORY is true or not.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Cmiller(m): 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2010
Wia ur question?abi yu de tell us ur testimony,
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 06, 2010
"WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND"

(, from history) You got a good guy and disnt appreciate him so DEAL with the bad guy.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by canabis: 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2010
Ya'all talk, what happens when it is a guy that is treated badly in a relationship? when it is against the ladies, they seek for public sympathy and advice. the guys just  let it go with some bottles, so ladies learn to let go on   with life when the blues changes sound, lol grin
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by lolaluv2(f): 10:35pm On Jul 06, 2010
@all-

The thing is, its normal to feel hurt and disappointed when thins like this happen. But I'd never push myself on somebody who doesn't want me anymore. There's too many fish in the sea to do that.

However, what I do believe in, is to fight to keep afloat a relationship that has been going on for 2 years and is on the verge of sinking. And that is what I'm doing. But if I see that all hope is lost, then I'll move on and try to take a lesson from everythin! Sure I'll feel heartbroken, but I do know for sure that someday, the sun will shine again for me! smiley

So to everybody who has had something to say, I'd say thank you. You gave to me what you had within you to give!
Someone said somethin about turning yourself to a wife before you're married! I thought relationships were all about being faithful, supportive and loving et cetera? I'm not his wife, neither did I pretend to be one. But as I've often being told, I have this nurturing attitude, and so if I acted in a wifely-sort-of-way, its just my nature at work.

Well, the situation is very much the same. But y'all won't believe how unbelievably close to home ur words of advice have been! I am sure trying out the good ones.

And I also feel better seeing that some people have gone through what I'm goin thru, I dont feel alone anymore! smiley smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by MOBO444(f): 10:40pm On Jul 06, 2010
You must have forgotten how men kept calling your phone back then and you kept saying they were admirers and you accepted gift from them and you gave them your numbers and heaven know what else you did behind his back and i bet you must have forgot a lot of other issues, how you kept dragging him for money he borrowed from you,how you belittled him,how you did this and that,how you and your fellow girl friends said he no dey try ( typical niger lady), how you kept boasting that you will find a male friend to come pick you up with his car ( even when you know he could not afford a car back then), how you must have given him some deadline ( like you have till december to get a life or a job).
 You have come onhere to say you supported him and you know what that makes you, well i did need to go into that, the funny thing is Women get their salt and pepper from we men here on earth, and mind you i am happily married and live in England with my wife so i am not just some bitter brother spilling salt,but i know the mentality of the average Nigeria lady from the central,east,west and south,i will exempt the norther Nigeria lady,i grew up in warri,Delta state and i know Niger women.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by lolaluv2(f): 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2010
@mobo444

Good for U for knowing so much about women! Good for you for being so psychic that you're spewing all those perceived thins U claim I did. Do I even want to dignify all those allegations with an answer? Nope! Why? Cos I don't have the time for that!

Thank you!
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by MOBO444(f): 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2010
Look do i need to go on and on,i know how you ladies want to eat your cake and have it, these Niger ladies think they are smart and we men dont think deep, believe me your guy is doing some deep thinking right now and he is about to take a smart decision.
You write and talk like a nice lady and I only hope for your sake you did not do much damage back then, maybe you kept telling him they were your uncle or lecturer in school or your boss at work, now must we go into that,must we, the worst case senario is very soon you going to be in the market again looking for a relationship and your man will get himself a nice 22 or 23 years old that will get pregnant for him in 3 months ( as ladies grow older they find it had to get pregnant).
One thing you ladies dont know is once a relationship breaks up before the lady will find a new relationship (may take 9 - 10 months or 3 years depending on her age) the man already has 3 girls that are ready to carry his baby within the first month of break up, i hope you did not do much damage back then for your sake.

Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by lolaluv2(f): 11:06pm On Jul 06, 2010
@mobo444

Like I said before, thank you. U must be a psychic, or omnipresent. You sure do know alot, don't you? Clap for yourself!
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by cold(m): 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2010
MOBO444:

Look do i need to go on and on,i know how you ladies want to eat your cake and have it, these Niger ladies think they are smart and we men dont think deep, believe me your guy is doing some deep thinking right now and he is about to take a smart decision.
You write and talk like a nice lady and I only hope for your sake you did not do much damage back then, maybe you kept telling him they were your uncle or lecturer in school or your boss at work, now must we go into that,must we, the worst case senario is very soon you going to be in the market again looking for a relationship and your man will get himself a nice 22 or 23 years old that will get pregnant for him in 3 months ( as ladies grow older they find it had to get pregnant).
One thing you ladies dont know is once a relationship breaks up before the lady will find a new relationship (may take 9 - 10 months or 3 years depending on her age) the man already has 3 girls that are ready to carry his baby within the first month of break up, i hope you did not do much damage back then for your sake.
Omo mehn,this is not just deep,it's bottomless.Boyz are not smiling lipsrsealed
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by MOBO444(f): 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2010
The young man just got a job and you cant even allow him to rest, you now want to know all his plans,i hope you are not from old Bendel state or the eastern part of Nigeria, those women are very intrested in their men wealth, is he even married to you yet ( and you already want to know so much).
 You may call me anything you want sister, but the home truth is you are the one about to get kicked out, the reason there are so many sigle old unmarried Nigeria women out there is cos of greed, just wait till he goes for that young smashing 23 years old lady the apple of his eyes.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by jidobaba(m): 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2010
grin lola dear, you seem like a nice enough girl- you've been taking MOBO's rants pretty well, to think I was going to rant on you as well. we do it when we remember how we were dumped/rejected one time too many.

about your boyfriend, well, in life shyt happens
people-me and you included- do things for different unknown reasons, many times for no clear reason at all
but guess what, same ni
dont fight it, just live free
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Cohomology: 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2010
lola-luv:

@mobo444

Like I said before, thank you. U must be a psychic, or omnipresent. You sure do know alot, don't you? Clap for yourself!

lola-luv,

How about those questions I asked?
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by cold(m): 11:47pm On Jul 06, 2010
Cohomology:

lola-luv,

How about those questions I asked?

Free the girl na grin can't you see Mobo has given her enough to ponder on for a week or two,you're still pressuring her to answer your questions.You guys are wickid grin.

Sori o Lola for making light of your ordeal,i know it's pretty tough on you now.I just tend to look on the bright side of everything,in otherwords i try not to lose my sense of humor & i think you should too;works like magic.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by lolaluv2(f): 11:49pm On Jul 06, 2010
@jidobaba-thanx, that shows that most guys here are making me pay for the sins of some other girls!!! shocked Oh well, what can I do? Guess I brought it on myself! smiley

@Cohomology-Well, I've always known him for a long time. But we started going out about 2 years now.
We're both educated,
Since graduating, he started doing business. But the business wasn't making too much of a headway and so he decided to get a stable job, then he got the job late last year.

I got a job that wasn't too bad, but I had to resign because of some unethical stuffs going on. Since then, am just managin a very low-income job for now.

About the complaints, he didnt have any serious complaints about me! Except sometimes, when we're going out-He'd tell me to let my hair down for a change or just some other little suggestion!

But I don't really want to go indepth with the answers. Because, u neva know who might be reading that will figure out who u r. Thanx.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 06, 2010
lola-luv:

@jidobaba-thanx, that shows that most guys here are making me pay for the sins of some other girls!!! shocked Oh well, what can I do? Guess I brought it on myself! smiley

@Cohomology-Well, I've always known him for a long time. But we started going out about 2 years now.
We're both educated,
Since graduating, he started doing business. But the business wasn't making too much of a headway and so he decided to get a stable job, then he got the job late last year.

I got a job that wasn't too bad, but I had to resign because of some unethical stuffs going on. Since then, am just managin a very low-income job for now.

About the complaints, he didnt have any serious complaints about me! Except sometimes, when we're going out-He'd tell me to let my hair down for a change or just some other little suggestion!

But I don't really want to go indepth with the answers. Because, u neva know who might be reading that will figure out who u r. Thanx.

aha i can understand why the guy's recent behaviour would hurt quite much. You obviously are pinning a lot of your financial hopes on the fellow.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by domorehill: 12:09am On Jul 07, 2010
Look girl just get a life, nigeria women never change and they a shame to Africa women, MONEY,MONEY,MONEY,MONEY and thats all they know and you see them doing prostitution in Mali,Togo, Cote D ivorie,Libyan,Morroco,South Africa,Tunisia,Spain,Italy,Norway,England,India and they keep on depending on men,men ,men,men, shame on Nigeria women.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by lolaluv2(f): 12:09am On Jul 07, 2010
Hmmmn, I can understand what you're saying. But I was still surviving on the job before he got his job. What I don't have, I don't hunger for or steal.

But I think those myt be the key words right there. Maybe he thinks I'll suck his new found cash dry grin. Very funny, But I thought he shud know me better than that! I'm not d demanding type,

Nyways, I appreciate that, davidylan. Thanx.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by lolaluv2(f): 12:33am On Jul 07, 2010
@domorehill-What has that got to do with me . I'm not writing a thesis on pros.titution! Anyways, it will come in useful if I decide to write one, so am cool with it!  cool cool
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by iice(f): 3:26am On Jul 07, 2010
MOBO444:

The young man just got a job and you cant even allow him to rest, you now want to know all his plans,i hope you are not from old Bendel state or the eastern part of Nigeria, those women are very intrested in their men wealth, is he even married to you yet ( and you already want to know so much).
 You may call me anything you want sister, but the home truth is you are the one about to get kicked out, the reason there are so many sigle old unmarried Nigeria women out there is cos of greed, just wait till he goes for that young smashing 23 years old lady the apple of his eyes

The craddle-robber talks cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by kenuoyibo(m): 3:58am On Jul 07, 2010
@ poster
true character comes when one becomes rich. he never really loved you. let go of him and move on,but u will surely find someone that truly loves you since you have a good heart. God will surely compensate you with someone better. For him, pride goes before a fall, let him be and move on
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by whiteroses(f): 4:11am On Jul 07, 2010
some men are scum of the earth, i was there for a guy through watever when the money was gone i was there too, he had no real friends i was playing wifey and friend at the same time who told him i liked playing xbox kmt and I think he suck in life i only lied that he's doing well angry this foolish fool broke up with me when he knew i needed him at the time, i was confused its amazing how men transform, the person that wont sleep if i dont sleep so they just delete you like that. i think you should forget this bf of yours and move on everygirl deserve a man that appreciate them, if you are no longer relevant to him sticking around only makes you a joke
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by dayokanu(m): 4:53am On Jul 07, 2010
whiteroses:

some men are scum of the earth, i was there for a guy through watever when the money was gone i was there too, he had no real friends i was playing wifey and friend at the same time who told him i liked playing xbox kmt and I think he suck in life i only lied that he's doing well angry this foolish fool broke up with me when he knew i needed him at the time, i was confused its amazing how men transform, the person that wont sleep if i dont sleep so they just delete you like that. i think you should forget this bf of yours and move on everygirl deserve a man that appreciate them, if you are no longer relevant to him sticking around only makes you a joke

Think you can say the same for girls too
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by na2day2(m): 5:30am On Jul 07, 2010
lola-luv:

I previously started a thread some days ago about 'how I allowed a good man slip my hands'. But I can't even continue writing that one again because I have stuff happenin presently, The other story is about the past and I have decided to let the past rest inorder to deal with this new issue bugging me.

Now here's what is happening-
I have been supportive to my boyfriend who has been on his own (doing Business) since he graduated a couple of years ago. The business isnt a big one, just enough for him to get by. At a point, he decided to look for a job as a stable means of income.

He got an one excellent one last year. An extremely well-paid international job. And there was an instant change in his character. The guy is no longer recognizable to the guy I've been dating all these while. I was with him when he didnt have a job, I stuck by him through thick and thin! Now I dont understand why he wants to treat me this way!
He is now proud, arrogant and talks down at me and others! I can't even reach him emotionally anymore! He claims he doesnt really have the time to act the way he used to,  due to the busy nature of his job, but I know better. He has changed!

Pls, I'd appreciate advice on how to make the situation better. Does anyone have valuable words of counsel?

N.B-Some1 misquoted the word 'Applicant'. I meant applicant as in 'job applicant'. I didn't want to use the word 'formally jobless' to describe my boyfriend. I think its insultive!

u left a guy, a guy left u (or is about to leave) 1-1, what is ur complaint again?

it is a shame that u dated someone for so long and up till now u don't know how to get around to his heart. do u think if he didn't change now he won't change in the future? all human beings go through phases in life and it all depends on circumstances, u should know ur man well enough to filter what is substance and what is just chaff. ask ur mom if ur father has been the perfect man or husband from day one and she will tell u things she had to endure but with wisdom handled it properly. then go ask ur dad if ur mom has been the perfect woman or wife and he will tell u stories that will make ur ears wax but then again they worked it out. my point is this, rather come to NL and take advise from girls with no head on their shoulders telling u "that is why they don't date broke guys", yet they don't have a bicycle tire to their name, sit down and evaluate ur r/s with ur BF, find out what u use to do in the pass when he was broke that he might have taken offense to but kept to himself for fear that u will disgrace him publicly and please don't come here acting like u never did any wrong, we are not 2 yr olds. work on ur flaws and be a woman,  improve ur own self academically, financially, spiritually and otherwise and u will find out the more value u add to urself the more he sees u as a virtuous woman and not just one who sees him as her ticket to a new benz; his common sense will finally return to him. just my 2cents

FYI: for some reason i think u are ayettymama
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by na2day2(m): 5:35am On Jul 07, 2010
whiteroses:

from all u have just said, i too would have dumped u! r/s is not for kids but adults. how many friends of urs have u kept that keeps telling u half truths even in ur flaws just to make u feel better? rather than make him fill out applications u were playing xbox with him and tomorrow u wonder why he can't handle himself in times of adversity and be a provider for ur family. abeg go jor! angry angry angry
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:30am On Jul 07, 2010
shucks, now thats one silly ass boyfriend!!!

bring him to me lets flog some sense into him!!!!

imagine, there you were the perfect little girlfriend, the absolute model of love care and humility, standing by your man through the hard times when the nigga couldnt rub two kobo together!!!

you just spent ur last kobo on him, stayed all thru encouraging him, helping him to face the times, financially, spiritually etc etc you was main person.

THEN wham, mofo gets a job and turns into a monster,,,,,, !!!!!!!

like REALLY? WOW!!! some men are just assholes!!!

but wait, i honestly hope you were like the above outlined angel? cuz if u wasnt  undecided undecided undecided
and pls this guy actually turned from a docile rat into a roaring tiger over the course of one months salary? double wow!!! money ehn!!!

and u want we straight thinking fellows to believe and sympathize with u for yur loss, or were u not expecting Mr broke ass mumu to suddenly owe you his life and start kissing ur ass from lagos to baghdad upon his "arrival" that u facilitated? i mean who knows, without u he may have starved to death or committed suicide no?

i truly recommend u follow ujujoan's advice, dump him like a bad habit and start going after the rich ones, at least if a poor man becomes bad becos of money, then a rich man should become even better should in case he becomes poor!!! oh i forgot, the money is the point to that rich fellow ko? im sorry for you if at this stage in your life you still think like ur on crack.

bottomline is, are you saying that ALL WAS FINE AND DANDY WHEN HE WAS POOR AND YOU WAS THE DEMI GOD, AND NOW HE HAS COINS HE HAS SUDDENLY GROWN WINGS? read in-between the lines and ask your self if truly that makes a sensible position/conclusion? funny thing is the way u put it, your problem is that he now has a job and some money

so you would prefer him the old way no?
jesus!!! i pray the boy is smart enough to dump your ass, else you will be his downfall
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by sayso: 7:37am On Jul 07, 2010
for those saying this and that about the poster,you all should be ashame of urselfs,this is a young lady in need of comfort and you all cannot provide it for her just as you all treated ur wives.
Let someone tell me if he or she never had a bad time in relationship and marriage life.Men want different taste when there is more money and that is what is happening to that brainess guy(lola-luv am sorry cos he is still ur love).you do not need money to tell a girl friend U are tired of her,he loved her but now feels the pessure when he sees other ladies,don't ask me why guys are like that.

@lola-luv be patient and remind him of his past,if he doesn't change,leave.The door will be close when next he comes calling cos he will be in a dungeon by then.

MOBO444:

You must have forgotten how men kept calling your phone back then and you kept saying they were admirers and you accepted gift from them and you gave them your numbers and heaven know what else you did behind his back and i bet you must have forgot a lot of other issues, how you kept dragging him for money he borrowed from you,how you belittled him,how you did this and that,how you and your fellow girl friends said he no dey try ( typical niger lady), how you kept boasting that you will find a male friend to come pick you up with his car ( even when you know he could not afford a car back then), how you must have given him some deadline ( like you have till december to get a life or a job).
You have come onhere to say you supported him and you know what that makes you, well i did need to go into that, the funny thing is Women get their salt and pepper from we men here on earth, and mind you i am happily married and live in England with my wife so i am not just some bitter brother spilling salt,but i know the mentality of the average Nigeria lady from the central,east,west and south,i will exempt the norther Nigeria lady,i grew up in warri,Delta state and i know Niger women.
you must be a fool for all you have said to this lady,hope your wife treated you like this and you still stupidly married her wicked ass.Ewu london.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by zmurda(m): 7:54am On Jul 07, 2010
babe, get out before it's too late. no good would come out of it. if he likes you enough he'll change. if not you are holding the wrong end of the stick.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by vanitty: 8:09am On Jul 07, 2010
hahahha so many wounded Nigeria men in here.
Not all ladies are like your ex, so go lick your wounds somewhere else abegi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Right To Employ Your Ex-Girlfriend To Work In Your Company ? / When Your Boyfriend Wants To Have Sex With You Even In Your Period(photo) / Were you ever asked out by a Gay or lesbian, How Did You Handle It ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.