Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? (20784 Views)

Do You See African Girls With Big Stomach A Big Deal For Marriage Or Not? / Sex Before Marriage Or Sex After Marriage? / Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by seyigiggle: 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2018
Marriage is not about what you earn, but having the right vision and the right partner.
if you marry a wrong partner with 500k salary, your life would still be miserable.

maybachmusic:
50k?

and you want to rush into marriage

its not even about the money

from your comments your not even settled down yet

pause marriage for now

12 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
Get married. Forget masters na waste of time

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by revolt(m): 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
Dumb question

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
Dorcas212:
lol 50k job and you want to get married?? Combination of 110k are you kidding me?

As a single i spend more than that in a month. How will you raise children? Depend on relatives? My brother think very well

Stop typing nonsense. How old are you really?

Was your father earning 200k when he got married ?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by wupefub: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
they all vary you
but on steady on case
career goes first, HAVING A MEANS OF INCOME
to be able to handle if need be necessary cases and also fund your dreams, and help others also
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Kingjames(m): 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
A Man who marry beautiful woman, and that farmer who planted corn by the road side have the same problem ~ Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by seyigiggle: 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2018
do you both have common vision and goals? otherwise purse your career!!!
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by ItzBIM(m): 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2018
Why not do both ??
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by tunary(m): 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2018
Omoekun931:
Baba settle down jare. Master degree can come later
A good advice there
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by alizma: 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2018
thegentleman:
I'm a of dude of about 28 years, I just finished my NYSC program and I secured a job that pays me about 50k, my girlfriend who is about 25 years too just acquired a job that pays her about 60k per month too.

Is it advisable I go for M.Sc. program or just settle down for marriage with my girlfriend and then follow my career later.

We both stay at Ibadan, the city is averagely okay.

What's your take ?
if your wife to be Loves you, understand, support the marriage idea and one of you will be willing to go into biz if need be, then get married and follow career later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2018
grin
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by agrovick(m): 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2018
maybachmusic:
50k?

and you want to rush into marriage

its not even about the money

from your comments your not even settled down yet

pause marriage for now

I just weak for the OP,

A decent room and parlor self contain will cost about 150k basic rent in that Ibadan, factor in other expenses and you will see their financial power combined is just a drop compared to the responsibilities that lie in wait.
Marriage is not a child's play, abeg

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Saff(f): 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
If you love yourself go and improve your life. Unless your gf is extremely understanding. Most women hide their true colours until they get the ring, so be careful. Marriage ain’t no joke.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by FunmyKemmy(f): 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Anfieldboss: 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
Dorcas212:
lol 50k job and you want to get married?? Combination of 110k are you kidding me?

As a single i spend more than that in a month. How will you raise children? Depend on relatives? My brother think very well

It depends on taste and location dear. 110k combined is okay to start a family in Ibadan.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
thegentleman:
I'm a of dude of about 28 years, I just finished my NYSC program and I secured a job that pays me about 50k, my girlfriend who is about 25 years too just acquired a job that pays her about 60k per month too.

Is it advisable I go for M.Sc. program or just settle down for marriage with my girlfriend and then follow my career later.

What's your take ?

Thanks for sharing

You could discuss with your fiancee

However it really boils down to YOU

What's your vision of your life?

This may sound like a "heavy" question for a young man to consider, but the earlier you get clear about what you REALLY want to do, the easier it is to avoid compromising to all the ulterior motives out there

Peace, bro

Thanks again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
seyigiggle:
Marriage is not about what you earn, but having the right vision and the right partner.
if you marry a wrong partner with 500k salary, your life would still be miserable.

notice my comment where i deviated from the money factor

to the fact that he is far from stable to get married

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by natznext(m): 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2018
thegentleman:

What's your take ?

If you can get married and not make babies for the first few years, say first 4yrs... please go ahead and get married, Take a small apartment not more than 200k/annum... chase your careers for the first few years... do not let friends and families pressure either of you into anything.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by sexdoll: 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2018
28 and you're still looking for people to tell you what to do.... worse still, people you don't even know.

guy, your case is different.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Jamesayo: 12:55pm On Sep 20, 2018
Love conquers all. If the love is genuine, I'll advise you marry first, get a place you can both afford with your income. Initiate your career first or she do her own as she'll give birth soon enough. Key here is maturity and focus. Maturity to handle matters, don't look soft because you are setting a new record, the price must be paid. If you chase career alone, you'll marry late. I married early and it has been one of my best decisions...

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Acidosis(m): 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2018
Both serve different non-conflicting purposes. I don't get it. How does pursuing your Masters stops you from getting married, and how does marriage stops one from pursuing a Masters degree/Career?
That being said, Master's degree (especially those gotten from Nigerian public universities) don't guarantee a great job. Unless you're working with a government firm where higher degrees are sometimes evaluated for promotion, it might turn out to be a complete waste of resources. Pay rise and promotion in most firms these days are based on performance, not necessarily the number of certificate.

In sum, Master's degree is best acquired when you have a well defined career path, and the purpose should be to enhance and broaden your knowledge as that is the only guaranteed outcome. You're a fresh graduate, still in the age range of 25-27, there is no better time to make your Bachelors work for you than now. An attempt to spend another 2 years in a public school might lead to regrets because by the time you're done, not even a single reasonable company will consider you for a graduate trainee opening.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Jokkarm2: 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2018
OGA THE TWO SALARY WEE UNA DEE COLLECT CAN NOT GO BEYOND HOUSE RENT AND FEEDING IF YOU LIVE IN LAGOS ,PH, OR ABUJA. SO RESPECT YOUR SELF WORK FOR TWO YEARS SO THAT YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT. NOW YOU WONT UNDERSTAND. IS NOT JUST TO EAT AND Bleep AND BORN CHILDREN

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2018
Balistic4:
She is already earning more than you and you want to settle down, many will tell you that it is no big deal, but just watch out as time teaches you lesson of all times. Very few ladies are worth the risk and I might bet my right stuff that she might not be among that few.

by the way, why are there so many uncertainties in you statement?

No truer words. Experience will teach him. Instead of him to make money. I earn 350k and am scared cis i feel its never enuf
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by NNAMDIII(m): 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
Balistic4:
She is already earning more than you and you want to settle down, many will tell you that it is no big deal, but just watch out as time teaches you lesson of all times. Very few ladies are worth the risk and I might bet my right stuff that she might not be among that few.

by the way, why are there so many uncertainties in you statement?
some guys ehn, you're earning 50k while your gf is earning 60k and he's thinking of settling down.. TBH the marriage won't last

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by tunary(m): 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
Hanseel1:

Stop typing nonsense. How old are you really?
Was your father earning 200k when he got married ?
LWKMO LOL
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by aviationguy: 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
I will advise you pray to God about this and get his direction for your actions before choosing any of the two.
But based on this don't take any of them with sentiment rather seek for the best things God has planned for you both.
if you have a supportive wife everything you do will be going smoothly but with your current salary scale are you sure you can afford the masters degree for now?if yes seek the direction of the Lord.
And if marriage is on your mind have you done all necessary things first like an accommodation,setting of the apartment,finance for the marriage etc I will advise you seek face of Lord before you go ahead.
I congratulate you on any one the Lord said for you.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by lastempero: 1:00pm On Sep 20, 2018
People are wicked o o o, advising your fellow guy to settle down with a salary of 50k shocked

5 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Olumeme: 1:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
Dorcas212:

Are there no people that earn more than you do?
People are earning less and happily married, don't forget that close to half of the country population live below $1 a day.
A combo of 110k is a fair to start a family.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Adefemiaderoju1: 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2018
There's no footpath you follow that is not ok meanwhile you can still get married and still pursue your career

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go / A Wetter Dripping Pussy help!! / The Four Minutes Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.