Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,738 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? (20788 Views)

Do You See African Girls With Big Stomach A Big Deal For Marriage Or Not? / Sex Before Marriage Or Sex After Marriage? / Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2018
Kola1010:
Marriage is a blessing my brother, if you married your destined wife u will surely be progressing.

I married with 45k and today I am about to finish my house and still further in my career , my salary never remain the same .

Best of luck bro
Thanks so much bro, I wish you Godspeed!
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by femi4: 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2018
thegentleman:
I'm a of dude of about 28 years, I just finished my NYSC program and I secured a job that pays me about 50k, my girlfriend who is about 25 years too just acquired a job that pays her about 60k per month too.

Is it advisable I go for M.Sc. program or just settle down for marriage with my girlfriend and then follow my career later.

We both stay at Ibadan, the city is averagely okay.

What's your take ?
You can get married, delay having kids for 2yrs so that you can fund your master program
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2018
bejeria101:
Dont ask me dumb questions when buhari is going for 2nd term.
lol... funny you!

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2018
Goddyss:

Please if any position that requires a fresh graduate comes out in your organization, I would appreciate if you consider me
smiley okay... what's your discipline!0
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2018
id4sho:

Hope you are saving at least 50%
more than that, I'm a subtle spender... learn my lesson during NYSC days, I spend on only things that I need.
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 20, 2018
coputa:
This a very critical period in a man's life,this is where most young dude missed the mark that lead to everlasting regret.Marriage is the union with the greatest responsibilities on mother earth,by the time you jumped into it,you will start seeing things you didn't bargain for.In marriage,spoons today can become forks tomorrow.
Young dude,your future is of paramount importance above any other thing right now.
Start saving now,for the future and jettison marriage from your mind right now.it can drain you financially,emotionallyphysically and spiritually.
Sighs... thanks!
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2018
Dorcas212:
lol 50k job and you want to get married?? Combination of 110k are you kidding me?

As a single i spend more than that in a month. How will you raise children? Depend on relatives? My brother think very well

Habba madame, and you are still single? Come and marry me na! We can join our resources together cheesy

Did you say you Spend more than that or Earn more than that? Anyway sha, just come lets marry.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Popecollins(m): 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
my advise on dis take is dat,wen u wnt to marry u don't ask pple,u make ur decision on ur own, pple will gv u dere advise base on wat dy see abt life ,remember he wu fyn a wife ,fyn a gud tin nd optain favour 4rm d lord.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by poweredcom(m): 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
Hahaha see dis one think day r din arrive

50k. Month

And u de happy to say you wan marry

I laff u ur name na sorry

Woman go run leave u

Wat wrong wit dese kids of today if dem finish nysc na marriage go de do dem

As if there is sometin special about marriage

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by abbeyty(m): 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
I beg you settle down charp charp no time to waste time
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by akiOYIBO: 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2018
thegentleman:
I'm a of dude of about 28 years, I just finished my NYSC program and I secured a job that pays me about 50k, my girlfriend who is about 25 years too just acquired a job that pays her about 60k per month too.

Is it advisable I go for M.Sc. program or just settle down for marriage with my girlfriend and then follow my career later.

We both stay at Ibadan, the city is averagely okay.

What's your take ?
Career first before any other thing
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 20, 2018
MrOpp:
OP, I don't think getting married with a 50k pay and as a new graduate is a wise thing to do, I will suggest you go for a Master Degree or preferably go for professional courses in your chosen field, in the next lets say 3-5yrs you will have been grounded in your chosen field, hopingly with a better job and a better pay, and you must have gain more years of experience, physically more mature then you can think of getting married. I don't think 3-5yrs from now is too long for you to prepare yourself. Let me give you some reasons why I think you should wait for few more yrs.

1. 50k as your monthly earning is too low to settle down with & live an average life.
2. After marriage kids might start coming in, trust me catering for kid(s) is a lot of responsibilities, financially, emotionally, and physically. (this is from experience, I have been married for over 9yrs and my wife and I earn above 300k monthly, but trust me, its still not easy)

3. You need to be sure of you/your partner's emotional, mental and physical maturity, marriage require alot of emotional and mental maturity. (we don't want our society to thrive on fail marriages/home).
4. 3-5yrs from now you will be more experienced in your chosen career or possibly hold a Masters Degree, hopingly you will also be earning reasonable pay, with the experience you have garner even if you lose your job, you can easily get another job, but right now with a 50k monthly pay and less than 3yrs experience, it might be difficult for you to get another job incase you lose the present job and that will affect your marriage/ life negatively.

Kindly think over all these and more before making your final decision, marriage is a very serious commitment, take alot of time to think over it, it will save you alot of regrets in the future.

You can send me a pm, if you need someone to talk to on this

I wish you luck.

Thanks so much bro
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by tintingz(m): 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
Daeylar:

But he has a girl he wants to marry
I'm just emphasizing how he would be more attracted to ladies even without a girlfriend.
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by abbeyty(m): 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
poweredcom:

50k. Month

Woman go run leave u

You called a 28 years old kd? You must be grandpa then,I am very sure na jamb,waec or asu strike delayed his education for that long
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by poweredcom(m): 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2018
abbeyty:

You called a 28 years old kd? You must be grandpa then,I am very sure na jamb,waec or asu strike delayed his education for that long

28year old no be kid Sha sorry but to me he is not yet a man

As long as he de earn salary 50k and he wan put woman for house I pity am

When pikin start to come na d end be dat

Rush marriage ker for dis era when women r not trusted like d 80's

Woman go leave u if u no get money

50k bwahahahahhaa and u think say u don arrive

50k wey people de take bang olosho hahaha drink booze for a day gbosa

Oga if I were u pursue money and any career and start looking for how to create jobs Instead of being a slave for one yeye company wey go soon sack u soon maybe if you are lucky

Oga people go bang ur wife taya

D babe I banged on Monday she did banged me because she needed money to pay her daughter school fees

She was even telling me of her boyfriend self I just weak for all these gals of today

That is d result when poor minded people guve birth to child

5 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by tintingz(m): 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2018
femi4:
You can get married, delay having kids for 2yrs so that you can fund your master program
Family planning, good idea, but here in Africa, ones you get married you will be pressured to have kids.
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by abbeyty(m): 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2018
poweredcom:

28year old no be kid Sha sorry but to me he is not yet a man

As long as he de earn salary 50k and he wan put woman for house I pity am

When pikin start to come na d end be dat

Rush marriage ker for dis era when women r not trusted like d 80's

Woman go leave u if u no get money

50k bwahahahahhaa and u think say u don arrive

50k wey people de take bang olosho hahaha drink booze for a day gbosa

Oga if I were u pursue money and any career and start looking for how to create jobs Instead of being a slave for one yeye company wey go soon sack u soon maybe if you are lucky

You have a point there brother, left to Nigeria situation our young men will never think of settling down until they start growing grey hair under and I cannot blame them for that.
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by tintingz(m): 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2018
MrOpp:
OP, I don't think getting married with a 50k pay and as a new graduate is a wise thing to do, I will suggest you go for a Master Degree or preferably go for professional courses in your chosen field, in the next lets say 3-5yrs you will have been grounded in your chosen field, hopingly with a better job and a better pay, and you must have gain more years of experience, physically more mature then you can think of getting married. I don't think 3-5yrs from now is too long for you to prepare yourself. Let me give you some reasons why I think you should wait for few more yrs.

1. 50k as your monthly earning is too low to settle down with & live an average life.
2. After marriage kids might start coming in, trust me catering for kid(s) is a lot of responsibilities, financially, emotionally, and physically. (this is from experience, I have been married for over 9yrs and my wife and I earn above 300k monthly, but trust me, its still not easy)

3. You need to be sure of you/your partner's emotional, mental and physical maturity, marriage require alot of emotional and mental maturity. (we don't want our society to thrive on fail marriages/home).
4. 3-5yrs from now you will be more experienced in your chosen career or possibly hold a Masters Degree, hopingly you will also be earning reasonable pay, with the experience you have garner even if you lose your job, you can easily get another job, but right now with a 50k monthly pay and less than 3yrs experience, it might be difficult for you to get another job incase you lose the present job and that will affect your marriage/ life negatively.

Kindly think over all these and more before making your final decision, marriage is a very serious commitment, take alot of time to think over it, it will save you alot of regrets in the future.

You can send me a pm, if you need someone to talk to on this

I wish you luck.

Op, take this from an experienced person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by hollah123: 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2018
Hopebringer:
Go for a career so you can get a better job and save up .. this will also give you time to mature

I advise men to get married from age 30 years minimum, that way you are more matured and less likely to act like a brat in marriage
drop that mindset,maturity doesn't have anything to do with age.
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by talk2saintify(m): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2018
thegentleman:
That bolded word really got me.

Yeah..that's the fact
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by tosyne2much(m): 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2018
50k to start your family? That's too risky man

Forget about her own contribution.. You know women can swear talk you to do anything especially when it comes to marriage matter

I will advise you to put both marriage and Msc aside and focus on your current job

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by poweredcom(m): 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2018
abbeyty:

You have a point there brother, left to Nigeria situation our young men will never think of settling down until they start growing grey hair under and I cannot blame them for that.

Bros even the ladies are not worth it

I don talk am any lady wey no follow me suffer from beginning with true love

Forget her instead I give gal belle cos me na playboy

After all wat is d outcome of marriage na just pikin

Marriage is just a scam

Many married men bang outside and many married gals

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by tosyne2much(m): 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2018
pocohantas:
"Nigerian girls can't marry a man without money, they don't believe in humble beginnings"... yet when they see a Nigerian girl ready to begin with them, they start second-guessing and discouraging themselves.

Confusion... grin

How does that answer the question on ground?
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by abbeyty(m): 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2018

Stop typing nonsense. How old are you really?

Was your father earning 200k when he got married ?
grin grin.That was too harsh brov
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by id4sho(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2018
tosyne2much:
50k to start your family? That's too risky man

Forget about her own contribution.. You know women can swear talk you to do anything especially when it comes to marriage matter

I will advise you to put both marriage and Msc aside and focus on your current job
Egbon, am waiting for "Top 10 reasons why you should not get married with a salary of 100k".

Man wey sabi
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by AdorableJosh(m): 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2018
id4sho:

Am in a similar situation, I just secured a FG job. My salary a bit higher than his and i intend settling down. I don't have plans of getting kids in the first 2yrs. Bae is still a student ,she's good. don't know if she's gonna buy my idea

Pls is there any vacancy at your work place I seriously need a job. I stay in Abuja. I hope you'll get to make the decisions that'll enlarge your coast
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Icon79(m): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2018
I was about to say something but you took those words right out of my mouth.

All I can say is one word - KPOM!

O pari

Balistic4:
She is already earning more than you and you want to settle down, many will tell you that it is no big deal, but just watch out as time teaches you lesson of all times. Very few ladies are worth the risk and I might bet my right stuff that she might not be among that few.

by the way, why are there so many uncertainties in you statement?
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by id4sho(m): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
AdorableJosh:

Pls is there any vacancy at your work place I seriously need a job. I stay in Abuja. I hope you'll get to make the decisions that'll enlarge your coast
Thanks man, no vacancy

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2018
poweredcom:

50k. Month

Woman go run leave u

lol sho mo age mi ni ?grin considering am 28, if I marry at age 30... my first child will be around 20 when am 50... it's not good to raise a child when u are old, I had a fair share of it, my parents where old when I was growing up, and I know how tough it is... no one is ready to help u train a child at the current times, one has to plan well.

That's the reason I posted it the first place so as to know if am on the right track or sliding away.

thanks for your advice smiley
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2018
pocohantas:
"Nigerian girls can't marry a man without money, they don't believe in humble beginnings"... yet when they see a Nigerian girl ready to begin with them, they start second-guessing and discouraging themselves.

Confusion... grin

Here comes the defender of confused alpha males grin

They say you should advice somebody & you're saying something else. As if you can marry a man with 50k salary, don't be an hypocrite abeg.
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by DemonUnderSiege: 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2018
Hopebringer:
Go for a career so you can get a better job and save up .. this will also give you time to mature

I advise men to get married from age 30 years minimum, that way you are more matured and less likely to act like a brat in marriage

4 Shares

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by alizma: 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
thegentleman:
She is business oriented, she is planning to go into business as soon as possible.
good then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See The Plans And Venue Of The Nairaland Beach Party (Pics) / The Four Minutes Man / Places You Should Not Go On The First-Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.