Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Women On Trousers In The Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women On Trousers In The Church (8494 Views)

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Trousers In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2010
Uche
What makes deuteronomy 22v5 different is that it is abomination UNTO the Lord. Also, it's a natural paragraph on its own. Also, there's no change of it in the NT as you may observe in some.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2010
Okija
You're not a believer haven known you on nl, but i'll ask you a question. We all know that there was a time when women didn't wear trousers(just a couple of years ago). Now, did they die during the cold in canada, or did they not go to church? Stop making flimsy excuses in hia. I dey for hia for now.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by alexleo(m): 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2010
Uche and Okija_juju,
there is nothing rubbish about trouser issue being discussed here. You think God cares about your canada? No Way. Uche you said you did your personal study about that verse but mind you, satan has a way of interpreting the bible because he knows it better than you and I thats why we need the Holy spirit to interpret to us which is the best. Before the Holy spirit will give you an interpretation you have to give yourself wholly to him. Not when you have already cling to an interpretation from your own wisdom or other people's interpretation who claim to know the bible, then you begin to assume its the Holy spirit's interpretation. lets just be careful.
Nobody is forcing anybody to wear anything but, my dears, it will be terrible if after all your effort in serving the Lord, you get to heaven's gate only to find that what you said doesnt matter matters. And you know there is no remedy, its hell forever.
Some years back, when women started wearing trousers, it was a taboo both in the church and in the society. Like a wild fire, its acceptance began to spread, then came the new generation churches trying to use the bible to support women who wear trouser. Today its no more a taboo.
Here again we have the one of people wearing things which indecently expose their bodies or dress in sexually appealing way, this one is not yet accepted as trouser is accepted in churches today but its also spreading like wild fire.
Young mothers are dressing their kid girls in this way and call it civilization. This children grow up with this style of dressing, their minds are equally growing to accept this as normal way of dressing. In some years to come when all this generation of kids will mature, some of them will become pastors wife and so on, then their pastor husbands will also look for how they will interpret the bible to suit the indecent wears their wives are wearing. By then it will become an issue to debate on just as we are debating about trouser now. Lets be careful, God's standard does not change.
Jesus said if your right hand will make you go to hell cut it off. Thats to show you how serious this issue of hell is. If you dont wear trouser here as a child of God and you get to heaven's gate and discorvers that God doesnt really count it as sin, have you anything to lose? after all you have entered heaven. But I tell you the worst thing that can happen to you as a christian is to get to heaven's gate and discorver that the trouser you said doesnt matter really matters there and you lose heaven to spend eternity in Hell. Lets just be careful about this. I can never encourage any lady to wear trouser. NEVER. And I cant even preach any sermon that will encourage wearing trousers irrespective of the interpretations that people are trying to give deutronomy 22.5.
Uche you said your church taught you that its not good to wear trouser but now you ve done your own sudies and discovers there is nothing bad in it. Just watch it so that you dont miss the race you ve started. THAT YOUR CHURCH IS NOT WRONG. PLS. Dont allow new generation interpreters of the bible to deceive you. Better pray very well and submit yourself to the Holy Spirit to guide you aright so that you will not be DISGRACED at heaven's gate. MAY GOD GIVE YOU GRACE TO OVERCOME ANYTHING THAT WILL BRING SUCH DISGRACE. AMEN
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2010
we have the one of people wearing things which indecently expose their bodies or dress in sexually appealing way, this one is not yet accepted as trouser is accepted in churches today but its also spreading like wild fire. Young mothers are dressing their kid girls in this way and call it civilization. This children grow up with this style of dressing, their minds are equally growing to accept this as normal
way of dressing. In some years to come when all this generation of kids will mature, some of them will become pastors wife and so on, then their pastor husbands will also look for how they will interpret the bible to suit the indecent wears their wives are wearing.
This terrible dressing is already accepted my brother. Have you not heard that God looks ONLY at the heart? Or that we're in the time of gracelessness ? Or that we're not guided by laws but by our free minds? It's everywhere. The end time of the injury time of the last time is here. Watch.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by alexleo(m): 7:48am On Jul 16, 2010
image123,
its already accepted as you rightly said. Just that its not like that of trouser yet because some of them are saying here that we should be condemning indecent dressing and not trouser. so sad that satan is subtly gaining more ground in the church and deceiving them with cheap interpretations of the bible. Heaven cannot be so cheap. Today the church is now copying the world rather than the world copying the church.
Thats why you see the new generation pastors using bible to give all sorts of cheap interpretations to this copy copy acts. Take for example the music industry, Somebody will release an album talking all sorts of rubbish in it, as soon as that album becomes a hit, you will see the so called gospel musicians turn the same song to gospel by changing the lyrics and it will be sang in the church with people dancing it like crazy, Forgetting that the spirit that brought the inspiration to the person that composed the song was not of God. The bible says that you cannot pour old wine in a new bottle but that is what this so called gospel musicians do and their pastors accepts it and they are even ready to support it with bible. I pity such churches.
If care is not taken, in some years to come every sinful acts would have been given interpretations that will make them appear righteous by these new generation pastors and many will fall into them and be doomed. Signs of the end-time. Lets keep praying for the church.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by MrAnus: 8:30am On Jul 16, 2010
i dont care what women wear,,as long as the nyansh is visible, i am happy
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Pimpu(m): 10:08am On Jul 16, 2010
alexleo:

image123,
its already accepted as you rightly said. Just that its not like that of trouser yet because some of them are saying here that we should be condemning indecent dressing and not trouser. so sad that satan is subtly gaining more ground in the church and deceiving them with cheap interpretations of the bible. Heaven cannot be so cheap. Today the church is now copying the world rather than the world copying the church.
Thats why you see the new generation pastors using bible to give all sorts of cheap interpretations to this copy copy acts. Take for example the music industry, Somebody will release an album talking all sorts of rubbish in it, as soon as that album becomes a hit, you will see the so called gospel musicians turn the same song to gospel by changing the lyrics and it will be sang in the church with people dancing it like crazy, Forgetting that the spirit that brought the inspiration to the person that composed the song was not of God. The bible says that you cannot pour old wine in a new bottle but that is what this so called gospel musicians do and their pastors accepts it and they are even ready to support it with bible. I pity such churches.
If care is not taken, in some years to come every sinful acts would have been given interpretations that will make them appear righteous by these new generation pastors and many will fall into them and be doomed. Signs of the end-time. Lets keep praying for the church.

MAY GOD BLESS U WITH MORE WISDOM
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Jamxy: 10:18am On Jul 16, 2010
Pks, tel me more about this year adimission
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Tonyet1(m): 10:48am On Jul 16, 2010
Image123:

Can there truly be decency and modesty without form? How decent can a man look, for example with bra. What pertains to another cannot be decent/modest.

@ Image,

I still say "Form doesnt matter but the decency and modesty in which you put on that form is what matters" like 1Timothy 2:9 puts it , now see it this way,

1. Do you agree that average of the clothes you and I put on were all descents from the colonials (i.e. the Britons) meaning whether you like it or not, they call the shots while we both respond.

Ab initio it was a long gown for females, while the men wore a long sleeve and trousers and in the 50's in Nigeria our educated males and females were seen dressing the same way.

Now do you realize that even in that time, they still had alot of females who had their gowns sown to be seductive ( i mean seductive gowns like what we both call the dinner gowns) so you see it was not about the gown (form) but about the way the gown (form) was worn that mattered.

2. Now as time changed, the same britons saw the need for females who started going to schools with males to start putting on shirts (short sleeves, long sleeve and T-shirts), and with time it became known as blouses for females, meaning females wore male shirts and later 'fashinonized' it to be
blouses and with all due respects i guess your wives, mothers and sisters wear this 'male shirts' in the name of blouses. how come you dont judge them oh you dont see anything wrong in it abi OK! grin grin

And to make matters worse you and I are witnesses to the way perverts have turned this form to look seductive, so again you see it was not about the shirts (form) but about the seductive way the shirts (form) were worn that mattered.

3. Again, its a historical fact that females in france originated the wear called
'lingerie' which is designed to be worn under to protect their b.reast as well as buttocks from excessive exposure to heat due to their soft skin nature. it was never designed for males, ask me why? because average males where known to grow alot of hairs on their chest and buttocks which is by nature designed to protect them from heat. Now as time evolved, the same colonials saw the need to start putting on these underwears which THEY BORROWED FROM THE FEMALES and called it pantaloons and singlets. And with all due respect tell me you dont wear pants and singlets today, so you see you are very guilty too Oh do you still say it doesnt matter, before you say that, do you know its a fact today that 38% of gays are drawn to the act because of the sexy way designers (perverts) make it look seductive and attractive.

so again you see it was not about the underwears(form) but about the seductive way the underwears (form) are worn that mattered.

4. I laugh when people say trousers were not for females, maybe someone should also tell these critics that pantaloons and singlets were not also designed for males. I still say, our concern as christians should be the emphasis of making these cloth-lines(trousers) decently made and modestly worn by our supposed males and females as was what Paul, Peter et al were trying to say, and to my Bro. Image, pls if you want to wear bra you should at least grow some b.reasts.

God bless you!
 cool cool
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by precap2(m): 11:46am On Jul 16, 2010
I didn't join this thread early but I can still say a few things that one might find useful.
Have you asked yourself " What was the dressing of the people to whom God was handing the law?". They were all wearing gown - male and female, all. (Consult Josephus History or some books on Jewish culture 3000 years ago).
Read the Leviticus very well and it won't be difficult to see why God said men and women should not exchange dressing. During the Levitical era women who were in their monthly discharge were by law not allowed into the temple (God Himself commanded thus), and after the period there would be some cleansing for them to be considered "ritually" clean to enter the temple. Have you seen this in scripture before?
Now if any man or woman by some error touch clothes worn by a woman in her monthly period, he or she is considered unclean and must be purified before he/she can enter the temple again. (This is also clearly written in Levitical ritual ordinances, just read your Bible well). At a stage men will touch their wives clothes when she's in her menses( but without the man knowing so) and still enter the temple, and to God unclean was unclean whether you knew about it or not. Then it became necessary for God to hand down the next rule in Deut 22:5. (Whether this makes sense to you or not I'm not telling cock and bull story but scriptural recordings, I'm working in the office or I would have gone to Leviticus to extract all quotes for you). In the ten commandment and all it's 613 articles of law God was developing a people for future glory.
Coming to trousers, how did we get to start wearing trousers in Africa and the people that brought it to us "do they have trousers for women?" Because if God was giving the law to them and meant that a man should not wear what is "designed" for a woman, then design should be the principle WORD there that all must beware. I want to be understood so I wont add more until this is read and I see reaction to it.

Holla!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 12:33pm On Jul 16, 2010
We must continue to pray alexeo. It's evident even from this thread that unbelievers love women on trousers and will even have them naked. That's the trend we should go against. It's not difficult to note the dearth of female contributors on this thread. Majority are just used to being dull of hearing they decided to turn deaf ears. I'm not hoping for surprises on judgement day. I'm wishing we could all get our crowns like we expect, without being turned down. We'll continue in prayer.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Tonyet1(m): 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2010
@Image,

Bro, you've not responded to some questions i asked up here

1. Why do you wear underwears when it was originally designed and purpose-made for females.

2. Why dont we criticise our wives, sisters and mothers for wearing blouses knowing it was an evolved Shirts originally worn and purpose-made for males.

simple questions that need simple answers. All those claim of going to heaven and hearing God fight againt trouser 'wearers' is so childish.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2010
Tonye-t
Form doesnt matter but the decency and modesty in which you put on that form is what matters" like 1Timothy 2:9 puts it
Oh you can't seperate form from decency and modesty. There's no way what is called feminine trousers can be referred to as modest. Modest clothing DOESN'T attract sexual interest, you can check up from a dictionary i.e the old fashioned meaning. Modesty goes along WITH shamefacedness and sobriety in 1Timothy 2v9. Being shy or embarassed are not 'trouser qualities'. Trousers are bold if you understand what i mean psychologically.
Do you agree that average of the clothes you and I put on were all descents from the colonials (i.e. the Britons) meaning whether you like it or not. . .
Would you rather that we moved around naked or in skimpy animal skins?
Now do you realize that even in that time, they still had alot of females who had their gowns sown to be seductive
I'm against all forms of immodest dressing, not just one form. Abuse and misuse can be two different wrongs.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2010
Tonye t
Pls, slow down. I'm currently on my phone. I just saw your last post. I'll try to respond duly. Thanks
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by precap2(m): 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2010
It's evident that some have classified themselves as agents of heaven and would stand at the gate of the Hall of Glory on that day to select those that would enter therein.
It's also very interesting to note that the post I made above was summarily dismissed with a wave of the hand as invocation of Heavenly charge. (Read the entire Leviticus is the only task I asked of all)
One important question is: What does God wear that makes you believe He's so interested in trousers and pants made for men and women? Wears are culturally determined and I've been to a culture where both male and female wear exactly the same thing (as is also the Jewish case) with the difference being that the males use up more clothes than the female.

Holla!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Tonyet1(m): 1:21pm On Jul 16, 2010
Image123:

Oh you can't seperate form from decency and modesty.

Ok maybe i'll need to use graphics this time around
-------------------------
Form =
Trouser

Pix 1: Decently made

Pix 2: Indecently made

Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Tonyet1(m): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2010
Pls what is seductive about the trousers in Pix 1 , yet it is a form of clothline called TROUSERS the same clothline as that of the Pix2. so you see form aint the issue but the mode in which it is sewn to be worn.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 1:28pm On Jul 16, 2010
the same britons saw the need for females who started going to schools with males to start putting on shirts (short sleeves, long sleeve and T-shirts), and with time it became known as blouses for females, meaning females wore male shirts and later 'fashinonized' it to be blouses
This one up na foul. You can't credit the history of blouses to this. Maybe you should do some more research, the britons are not the only people in the world. Females have always been associated with skirts, even before Christ. They had gowns or blouses worn over the skirts. You may argue that the blouses were not fashionable as compared to flowing gowns, but to say they started wearing blouse for school. . . , that one na foul. Warning. Be careful.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by precap2(m): 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2010
Tonye-t:

Pls what is seductive about the trousers in Pix 1 , yet it is a form of clothline called TROUSERS the same clothline as that of the Pix2. so you see form aint the issue but the mode in which it is sewn to be worn.

You have well summarized your point. Pictures can tell more sometimes.

Holla!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2010
That's more a question of a seductive pose than a seductive trouser. If the woman in pix 1 stands that way, one may argue for seduction, yes. Oh wait till she puts on a shorter blouse and sit in danfo going to Yaba, hahahaha. Precap cool down, i dey come your side. Patience is a virtue, and btw when last did you read the whole best seller Leviticus book. Don't put a grievous burden on me if you wouldn't move it with moi
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Tonyet1(m): 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2010
Image if you come all out here to say that that female in pix one may look just like the female in pix 2 if she poses the way pix 2 it then means you have issues with their poses and not the cloths and therefore i dont see why we should debate this any more.

Afterall someone who puts on a 'Holy Sister' long gown could still by omissions or intentionally expose here undies and end up seducing a brother.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2010
Again, its a historical fact that females in france originated the wear called 'lingerie' which is designed to be worn under to protect their b.reast as well as buttocks from excessive exposure to heat.colonials saw the need to start putting on these underwears which THEY BORROWED FROM THE FEMALES and called it pantaloons and singlets. And with all due respect tell me you dont wear pants and singlets today
Colonialists weren't the first to put on underwear for seun's sake. Every decent human puts on underwear/undergarment. Some people spread their garments for Jesus to ride on, Jesus put aside his garment to wash the disciples' feet. Jesus' vesture was parted while on the cross. I hope you'll agree that all these without garments were not completely NAKED. Point being that underwear ideas did not start with slave traders or french women.
I'll rather say gay and homosexual activity has been on increase because of poor distinction of sexes in clothing, not sexy underwear design.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2010
^
No, i think i have issues both with the poses and the cloth. Long gown is not a mark of holiness, it's supposed to be normal clothing. But seeing the horrible society we dwell in, anyone who puts on something long must be feigning holiness, no. Even people of other religions dress in DECENT long gowns.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Tonyet1(m): 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2010
Image123:

Every decent human puts on underwear/undergarment.

So underwears has got no origin *sighs*

Image123:

Colonialists weren't the first to put on underwear for seun's sake. Every decent human puts on underwear/undergarment. Some people spread their garments for Jesus to ride on, Jesus put aside his garment to wash the disciples' feet. Jesus' vesture was parted while on the cross. I hope you'll agree that all these without garments were not completely unclothed. Point being that underwear ideas did not start with slave traders or french women.
I'll rather say gay and homosexual activity has been on increase because of poor distinction of sexes in clothing, not sexy underwear design.
Image,

guy you amaze me the more with these posts, we are not talking about garments here we are talking about underwears. so are you saying some people spread their pantaloons(underwears) for Jesus to ride on? goosh this guy  grin grin the extent peeps will go to argue baseless stuffs
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2010
I laugh when people say trousers were not for females, maybe someone should. . . , and to my Bro. Image, pls if you want to wear bra
Stop the laugh, maybe you should read up on cross dressing to observe that trousers have always 'pertained' to males, and that it was unusual in any part of the world, just some decades ago, for a female to wear trouser. And no thanks about the bra, it'll add to my laundry which i'm hoping to reduce. Apparent question still is, do we get to heaven for wearing skirt or trouser? Same question could be asked for prayer, fasting, going to church, singing hymns/chorus, do we get to heaven for giving offering, or giving alms? It's obvious that these are not our qualifications for Heaven, but we do, and should do them. It's grace that saves us but we should learn to keep God's commandments.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Tonyet1(m): 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2010
Image123:

^
No, i think i have issues both with the poses and the cloth. Long gown is not a mark of holiness, it's supposed to be normal clothing. But seeing the horrible society we dwell in, anyone who puts on something long must be feigning holiness, no. Even people of other religions dress in DECENT long gowns.

Am glad you know that long gowns is not a mark of holiness.

Guy whichever way you look at it your assertions dont come close. because before you turn back to accuse a simple female fashioned trouser worn you could get 10,000 fingers pointing against you for wearing singlets and pantaloons that was originally designed for females ONLY and i say ONLY.

Or better still, you get get rid of that singlet, pantaloon(boxers), face cap and then you may have you swell day accusing precious souls for wearing what and what.

"Col.2:18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility. . . disqualify you for the prize(heaven). Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2010
^
Did you note that i said that underwears did not start with slave traders or french women? Those were not the origin as it was already in use before them, that's why I alluded to those scripture where garments were removed and yet the people couldn't be imagined as completely naked. They sure wore something under their garment, under!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2010
You made gowns to appear to be marks of holiness with your 'Holy sister long gown' talk.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by precap2(m): 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2010
Image123:

That's more a question of a seductive pose than a seductive trouser. If the woman in pix 1 stands that way, one may argue for seduction, yes. Oh wait till she puts on a shorter blouse and sit in danfo going to Yaba, hahahaha. Precap cool down, i dey come your side. Patience is a virtue, and btw when last did you read the whole best seller Leviticus book. Don't put a grievous burden on me if you wouldn't move it with moi

You reply to the pics posted above is only one of rhetoric and not of substance. A person dressing in the manner of pix1 most likely would not pose like the person in pix2. But the question is not about pose but about how sinful is the dressing in pix1.
Talking about virtue, the only thing I remember about it is that it's easily turned to vice especially the virtue of patience.
As for reading Leviticus, may I say with all humility and truthfulness that I read the entire Bible every six months and that means I do it twice a year, not adding other minor readings in church and for personal lessons on scriptural exposition. It's no big deal to ask you to read Leviticus my bro.

Holla!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Tonyet1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2010
Image,

did you read the word 'lingeries' as used in my post?
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 2:53pm On Jul 16, 2010
You reply to the pics posted above is only one of rhetoric and not of substance. A person dressing in the manner of pix1 most likely would not pose like the person in pix2 [b].
. There goes substance written all over.
But the question is not about pose but about how sinful is the dressing in pix1.Talking about [b]virtue, the only thing I remember about it is that it's easily turned to vice especially the virtue of patience.
Not at all impressive for one who reads the whole scriptures twice a year.
As for reading Leviticus, may I say with all humility and truthfulness that I read the entire Bible every six months and that means I do it twice a year, not adding other minor readings in church and for personal lessons on scriptural exposition. It's no big deal to ask you to read Leviticus my bro. Holla!
Good to see that you'll lift the burden with me. I'm about to start then, God help me.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2010
Tonye-t:

Image,

did you read the word 'lingeries' as used in my post?

Yes i did. You sort of linked french women wearing lingeries to the advent of male underwears, and said if I wear underwear. Then i said underwear had been before that time so cannot be considered as belonging to french women. Let me try to reply precaps small, my thumbs don start to ache.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Did You Learn In Church Today / 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil / Meet TB Joshua’s Wife, His Daughter Who Is A Lawyer And His Son (+PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.