Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Women On Trousers In The Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women On Trousers In The Church (8493 Views)

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Trousers In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Tonyet1(m): 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2010
Image123:

Yes i did. You sort of linked french women wearing lingeries to the advent of male underwears, and said if I wear underwear. Then i said underwear had been before that time so cannot be considered as belonging to french women. Let me try to reply precaps small, my thumbs don start to ache.

We talk later then! cheers!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2010
Have you asked yourself " What was the dressing of the people to whom God was handing the law?" They were all wearing gown - male and female, all.
I wouldn't say that if I were you. There had always been a distinction of dresses no matter how similar looking. You may want to write down. Men wore breeches and women wore skirts. These are not associated to the opposite gender even in scriptures, pls do check it up. After it's all said and done, your leviticine excuse for deuteronomy doesn't hold. It was an abomination to God, not a question of menses. I'll tell you why. Wearing cloth pertaining to opposite sex was an heathen practice. The heathen did it usually when they had their festivals. You should read up on that. House, Has anyone read on cross-dressing yet? What a sigh.
Blimey! You may not need to read to far. Such practices are still done today. One would imagine that the Indian clothes are so similar, would deut 22v5 apply. Check out what devil is making them do at the Kottankulangara Sridevi temple festival. It's Kottankulangara, you don't want to bite your tongue here.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by precap2(m): 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2010
Image123:

I wouldn't say that if I were you. There had always been a distinction of dresses no matter how similar looking. You may want to write down. Men wore breeches and women wore skirts. These are not associated to the opposite gender even in scriptures, pls do check it up. After it's all said and done, your leviticine excuse for deuteronomy doesn't hold. It was an abomination to God, not a question of menses. I'll tell you why. Wearing cloth pertaining to opposite gender was an heathen practice. The heathen did it usually when they had their festivals. You should read up on that. House, Has anyone read on cross-dressing yet? What a sigh.
Blimey! You may not need to read to far. Such practices are still done today. One would imagine that the Indian clothes are so similar, would deut 22v5 apply. Check out what devil is making them do at the Kottankulangara Sridevi temple festival. It's Kottankulangara, you don't want to bite your tongue here.

You pick a sentence out of context.
The Jews (male and female) wore gowns or robes, the distinguishing element was that while men tie theirs on the right side, women tie on the left. Likewise I know that the Igbos culturally tie wrappers (male and female) with the difference in how they tie them. Scottish men and women wear skirt, English men and women wear trousers.
If I decide to adopt the Jewish robes and wear gown today, how would you see me?
If my wife adopt English trousers and wear it, how does it look?
You might say that both are unacceptable (in your views), but if you want to adopt a people's culture, then don't discriminate. Even the English have men trousers zipper on the right and ladies on the left.
Wearing trouser is English culture and both men and women wear it there, just as men and women Jews wear gowns. Simple.

Holla!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2010
Coming to trousers, how did we get to start wearing trousers in Africa and the people that brought it to us "do they have trousers for women?" Because if God was giving the law to them and meant that a man should not wear what is "designed" for a woman, then design should be the principle WORD there that all must beware.
Firstly, nigeria is not africa but is in africa. And permit me to state that I'm not sure we just start wearing trousers when the british came. I doubt if all our ancestors were that 'local' as to be walking about in birthday suits or its designs. Be that as it may, God's Word tells us that we change when we accept Christ. 1Peter 1 puts it with the best pun.
14. As obedient children, not FASHIONING yourselves according to THE FORMER lusts in your ignorance.
15. But as He which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation.
I've to leave for now, i'll come back. Do be patient this time. I just read about that tongue twistin, hell loosin festival above today. Evidently, i'm learning new things. I point all through the thread has being that excuses against deut 22 aren't new, i've given them before. But looking closely and kinda unbiasedly, i'm seeing something new, maybe not embraceable or clapworthy but seems true.2CORINTHIANS 13v8.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2010
Wheez, thought i'll meet a page.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by adejodan(m): 11:26pm On Jul 16, 2010
There is no need for hypocrisy in the church. If a lady can wear trousers outside the church, then she should be ale to wear it inside the church too. The problem with wearing of trousers is that, most ladies wear trousers that are not decent enough which calls for criticism. I will advice that ladies should be decent in their collection of trousers.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by precap2(m): 2:06pm On Jul 17, 2010
adejodan:

There is no need for hypocrisy in the church. If a lady can wear trousers outside the church, then she should be ale to wear it inside the church too. The problem with wearing of trousers is that, most ladies wear trousers that are not decent enough which calls for criticism. I will advice that ladies should be decent in their collection of trousers.

Meaning that you approve trousers but insist that it must be decent. Very well then.

Holla!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2010
Heaven is not democracy or by popular demand. psalm 15
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by precap2(m): 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2010
Image123:

You're right, Heaven is not for hypocrites who lay burden of human doctrines and dogmas on others and would never lift a finger to help them in carrying the burden Matt 23vs 23.

Jesus said that what defiles comes from the heart, it's the heart of the fashionable gal or guy that defiles and not the simple, easy-fitting trousers.

Paul says that you could also forgo doing certain things you enjoy because of your brothers that are weak in faith. If what I do makes my neighbor to fall, I'd stop doing it, not because it's bad but because I would not allow what I do to destroy the faith of my brother (because he/she is weak in faith).

Bless those who understand.

Holla!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2010
Sure and agreed, but you can't erase Deuteronomy 22v5 even if you made it your life goal. No tittle or jot of the Word will be eroded.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by precap2(m): 5:07pm On Jul 17, 2010
Agreed, Neither can you bring a tradition of trousers into the scripture to satisfy your urge to be the moral legislator of the world. Deut 22 vs 5 was written to a people that wear gown - both male and female.

Holla!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by alexleo(m): 5:10pm On Jul 17, 2010
Image123:

TRUTH. THANKS MY BROTHER AND GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2010
Precaps
It's not a tradition of trousers but a 'pertaining' of trousers. And its not been brought in, you are trying to take it out AND the same time bring in 'feminine trousers'. And there's no reason for you to falsely accuse me, thereby commiting sin. Deuteronomy 22v5 was written to US all, just like 28v1-13, and there's no where in the authorized version Bible we've all been quoting from page 1 of this thread that states that men and women wore gowns. Don't add to the Word brother.

Alexleo
Thanks and God bless you too.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by precap2(m): 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2010
@Image123,
To be simple enough without offending:

1. Deut 22 vs 5 was written to the Jews. In their culture during the time of the writing both male and female wore robes or gowns. If you don't know this, go back and read again.

2. Trousers belong to the English and male and female wear it in England. If God spoke to English people it would not mean that women should now stop wearing what they have been wearing just as Jewish men didn't stop wearing the robe or gowns.

3. Pertaining to is a simple English word, but if you need the meaning, see your dictionary or google definition since you're online.

4. If we are to obey the letter and the spirit of the law with the culture, then we should all be wearing what the Jews were wearing when the law was delivered. I can only imagine how funny you'll look wearing a robe/gown.

5. If God wrote that to the Scotch, since their men wear skirt traditionally, will He also instruct their men on wearing skirts?

6. Common sense demands that we know that God was not talking about the design of the clothes, but by whatever design let men stay away from what BELONGS to women and women STEER CLEAR of whatever BELONGS to men.

7. Reason is the first revelation that God gave men, if we abandon reason then we can no longer live as human but as feathers that follow the winds.

I stop like this. Don't want to start sounding pedantic.

Holla!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2010
Did you add robes? Don't worry, i'll add cloak and vestment. You go back and read again also. It seems you've not read my posts. Where do you get this idea that trousers originated in britain, or belong to the english? Have you tried to google up this info, or you heard it long time ago in . . . As far back as INSIDE your Bible, men were tagged with breeches/trousers and women with skirts. You check it up.
Christian common sense and reason is that the Bible is written to us all. Our lamp, our light and our guide. Dodge-sense is that the Bible is talking to Jews, then to pharisees, then to corinthians, then to people before the cross, and all whatnot excuses.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Joagbaje(m): 10:22pm On Jul 17, 2010
The law was never for the gentile.
And why emphasis on one aspect even though it's being misapplied. If you really want to keep the law why choose a verse. What of Verse 11

Deuteronomy 22:11
11 Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts,[ as] of woollen and linen together
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Joagbaje(m): 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2010
Image123:

I wouldn't say that if I were you. There had always been a distinction of dresses no matter how similar looking. You may want to write down. Men wore breeches and women wore skirts. ,

There is no distinction between male and female gowns . A man may sometimes add a jacket to his own. If the people God spoke to didn't have trouser let's just drop the idea.any fashion distinction between male and female wear is not bible based. I agree that churches have been preaching it erronously for years
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by precap2(m): 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2010
Joagbaje:

And why emphasis on one aspect even though it's being misapplied. If you really want to keep the law why choose a verse. What of Verse 11

11 Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts,[ as] of woollen and linen together

Touche!
I'd be waiting for a good reply to this comment above.
But I must add this: Neither was the law for Christians. Maybe we should revisit Romans and Galatians.

Holla!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 12:56am On Jul 19, 2010
Joagbaje:

Isaiah 8v20. To THE LAW and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Obviously, you didn't read my posts or the subjects i encouraged you all to read up on. There's been no reply on them btw. You just keep harping on the same thing. I've answered you. Do you accept Deuteronomy 28v1-13? Our dear passage is a paragraph on its own, and speaks of ABOMINATION TO THE LORD. I wont repeat myself fully.
The Bible is written for us all. The early church read and freely quoted both OT and NT. Paul commended the brethren to this same Word and claimed that it was able to build up and give an inheritance. Do not remove from God's Word to us.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 1:11am On Jul 19, 2010
precap2:

Touche!
I'd be waiting for a good reply to this comment above.
But I must add this: Neither was the law for Christians. Maybe we should revisit Romans and Galatians.

Holla!
Which of the Romans? Is it the same one that says 'the doers of the law shall be justified', or that says 'yea, we ESTABLISH the law' or that 'the law is holy and good', or that says 'that the RIGHTEOUSNESS of the law might be fulfilled in US', or is it the romans Hadley Chase wrote?
Abi is it the Galatians that asks he the law is against God's promises, and answers GOD FORBID. Try another one abeg. Isaiah 8v20. All scripture is God-breathed and profitable. Matthew 5v19
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Joagbaje(m): 9:03am On Jul 19, 2010
Image123,
The law was for the Jews and never for the church. Even the Jews that had the law no longer require it now. The church is a new entity. We were newly created in christ.

Romans 3:20
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law[ is] the knowledge of sin.

Galatians 5:4
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

2 Corinthians 3:14
14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which[ vail] is done away in Christ.

pls read 2cor3:6- end it should clear you on this
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by precap2(m): 9:07am On Jul 19, 2010
Image123:

Which of the Romans? Is it the same one that says 'the doers of the law shall be justified', or that says 'yea, we ESTABLISH the law' or that 'the law is holy and good', or that says 'that the RIGHTEOUSNESS of the law might be fulfilled in US', or is it the romans Hadley Chase wrote?
Abi is it the Galatians that asks he the law is against God's promises, and answers GOD FORBID. Try another one abeg. Isaiah 8v20. All scripture is God-breathed and profitable. Matthew 5v19

It seems to be characteristic of you to pick portions you like and half-quote it, especially when a full quote will give a different meaning.
I need to ask you just one question: Are you under the law?
If you don't give a direct answer I'll switch off.

Holla!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2010
Joagbaje:

Image123,
The law was for the Jews and never for the church. Even the Jews that had the law no longer require it now. The church is a new entity. We were newly created in christ.

Romans 3:20
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law[ is] the knowledge of sin.

Galatians 5:4
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

2 Corinthians 3:14
14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which[ vail] is done away in Christ.

pls read 2cor3:6- end it should clear you on this
Romans 2v13. For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but THE DOERS OF THE LAW SHALL BE justified.
Romans 3v31. Do we then make void the law through faith? GOD FORBID: yea, we ESTABLISH the law .
There is Paul writing to gentile romans. Until you start to KNOW the difference between the ceremonial law and the righteous/moral law, you may not get this. Isaiah 8v20.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2010
precap2:

It seems to be characteristic of you to pick portions you like and half-quote it, especially when a full quote will give a different meaning.
I need to ask you just one question: Are you under the law?
If you don't give a direct answer I'll switch off.

Holla!
You may switch away if you so desire, but you've been served the truth, and your excuses have been proven shaky and unfounded. None of you has come back with reports on that kottankulangara festival, or on cross.dressing, or on origin of trousers. All you're good at so far is goal post shifting. Aaron wore skirt, Jesus Wore skirt, menses, feminine wear, gown, deuteronomy is contradictory, the law is graceless', etc. Need i inform you, we're living in the new testament age, AND I AM NOT LAWLESS OR UNDER THE LAW. So switch right on.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by tpia6: 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
if we are still debating trousers, then who is debating cleavage?

Nobody?
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 28, 2014
tpia6: if we are still debating trousers, then who is debating cleavage?

Nobody?
Oya let's debate it. So which is better, bigger or smaller?? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! / 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil / What Did You Learn In Church Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.