Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) (48003 Views)

Cosmas Maduka Preaching The Gospel By The Roadside In Lagos. Nigerians React / LOL!!! You Will Not Believe What This Guy Did At Shoprite, Ilorin (photo) / 10 Businesses You Can Start With N100,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by Jerryolumide(m): 11:59am On Sep 22, 2018
Bimzybae:
Good evening here and happy Friday.

I am student of one of the University here at ilorin and i am into fabric business to help myself

Yesterday, as i was coming back from school; a customer ordered for a fabric and i went to delivered it to her so on my way back home, it's already like 6pm.

I decided to branch at a friend house who stay around the area i went to delivered the fabric but unfortunately, I couldn't meet her at home and her number was not reachable so i decided to trek abit maybe we would meet on the road as the time is around 6:30pm and she isn't the type who stay out for long.

After i pass like 3 buildings to her house, I saw a transparent black nylon near the road (it has almost felt inside the gutter) so i passed it and my instincts told me that was a money from the way it look, I went back to check what was inside the nylon and was so surprised to see a bundle of money wrap together.

I picked it up and waited for like 30minutes in that spot to see if anyone will pass claiming he or she was looking for lost money. After like 30minutes; no one show signs of searching for any lost money.

it's already getting late around 7pm, so i took bike to my house .

Getting home, I opened the nylon and counted the money and it was 106,000

I was feeling somehow and thinking of the condition the person would be because the money look like that of those traders based on the way it was wrapped together so i left my house early in the morning today to that same spot maybe the person might appear or i would see anyone talking about lost money but everyone were busy with their business so i left back home with the money.

The reason why i created this thread is to hear your advice on what to do with the money because part of me is telling me to give the needy the money , another part of me is telling me to use the money on my business and also get a small phone from it because the one i am using presently isn't that good and i need some cash for my business as well.

Please i will really appreciate your suggestions

Moderator should help me move it to appropriate place as i don't know where to post it.

get an English teacher with it
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2018
Please I also lost some money carefully wrapped in a black nylon wen I went to mobile toilet at Oshodi. Please return it to me if you took it.
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by viceddy95(m): 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2018
martinskelly:
Goodluck den
Thank you and same to you
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by StrongWoman333(f): 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2018
Wow
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by ladyverere(f): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2018
In law they say finder is keeper especially if the finder has done every necessary thing to find the rightful owner of the property. You have done all you could to locate the owner unfortunately, I it's not advisable to advertise for the owner the way some folks are suggesting because that will bring all manner of cutthroats out of the woodwork all claiming the cash with no proof of being the rightful owner. So I suggest that you sit on the money for a couple of weeks while still hanging around that spot or you can strike up conversations with the petty traders around there to gather gossip, you might just hear of someone who is crying of losing that exact amount. If you never get to find the owner pls give it away to an genuine orphanage or you may use part of it for your business.

Well done op your type is really rare.

1 Like

Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by jolomiurenyi(m): 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2018
marshalldgreat:
Omo see manner... Just pay your tithe from it, give some to the needy and put the rest in your business since there's no info on how to contact the owner but before spending please try and visit that spot and wait for like a week or two...you just might run into the rightful owner... SMH I'm just imagining how terrible the person that misplaced the money is feeling right now... For this Buhari govt... sad

Which tithe? Talk something else.
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by 0079jaBond(m): 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2018
My dear, do what will make your CONSCIENCE be at PEACE with God and man!!!
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by Babsreus(m): 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2018
Find a place to keep the money safe like a savings bank and make sure not to touch d money.
Announce around the place you found but don't ever tell anyone its money cause that could endanger ur life.
Keep announcing and ask about a lost property for a year and then if no one comes to claim it...well then i guess u can keep it or dispose of it like giving the needy.
U have found a person's property and you took it which means it is now a trust in your hands,don't be selfish and remember to try and find the person for a whole year,meaning the year starts the day u find it.
I hope and pray u are able to keep the trust safe and also find the person.
Only God knows what the person is going through now.
If the place is close to a market place,find a way to announce it there too,remember not to say its money.
And please do a poster and put ur number on it saying something like lost something here?
Call this number...
I think that's a much safer way to announce it.

1 Like

Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by Milan15: 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2018
good for you

1 Like

Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by Tonimordred(m): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2018
Toluhwanie:

Shey na 4 dis kind time wey election dey corner,i go dey pick money for ground??
dats y we r nt d same cos if u dnt pick it anoda pesin go pick am
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by skywhity: 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2018
bro call me on this number 07030955821.. i will tell u what to do
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by 1Sharon(f): 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2018
omoelerin1:
Keep shut! What stupid sarcasm? Nobody fancies your dry joke.

Lol rabid dog foaming at the mouth, did you study English lit at all?
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by omoelerin1: 1:39pm On Sep 22, 2018
1Sharon:

Your elders at home foaming at the mouth.
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by Matinho: 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2018
It is quite unfortunate that you are a dingbat speaking the so-called foreign language here too when you could have spoken whatever you want. It is called a lingua franca for a reason. On that note,I will begin by saying I am certain you were born on a highway because that is where most accidents happen needless to say that you were the unfortunate product and if only there was a vaccine for bufoons, you would have been a good candidate . The fact that your education was half baked and you did not have a headache getting through such a long paragraph with the countless errors does not mean all humans are morons like you are. What has English got to do with the issue? The writer asked for suggestions on how to spend the money (since you are a cretin, i am sure you did not read that).The only thing that needs to grow up here is your IQ .

omoelerin1:
Some people can be stupid!
What has English got to do with this issue?
Aren't you aware your English is more terrible? From this your few lines, I have picked many blunders you 've committed.

Are you trying to shame her or you want to prove to us, the level of your proficiency of a foreign language which the native speakers do not even care a damn?

Idiot, you had better grow up.

1 Like

Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by 1Sharon(f): 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2018
omoelerin1:
Your elders at home foaming at the mouth.

You need to be tranqulized quick.
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by omoelerin1: 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2018
Matinho:
It is quite unfortunate that you are a dingbat speaking the so-called foreign language here too when you could have spoken whatever you want. It is called a lingua franca for a reason. On that note,I will begin by saying I am certain you were born on a highway because that is where most accidents happen needless to say that you were the unfortunate product and if only there was a vaccine for bufoons, you would have been a good candidate . The fact that your education was half baked and you did not have a headache getting through such a long paragraph with the countless errors does not mean all humans are morons like you are. What has English got to do with the issue? The writer asked for suggestions on how to spend the money (since you are a cretin, i am sure you did not read that).The only thing that needs to grow up here is your IQ .

Gibberish.
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by Matinho: 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2018
The expected response from a beetlehead with a vacuum as brainbox.
omoelerin1:
Gibberish.

1 Like

Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by omoelerin1: 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2018
Matinho:
The expected response from a beetlehead with a vacuum as brainbox.
Gibberish
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by omoelerin1: 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2018
1Sharon:

You need to be tranqulized quick.
I knew right from the beginning that I was conversing with a mentally deranged. You need the service of a psychiatrist before you go haywire.
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by Ceccylia(f): 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2018
Thanks so much,I appreciate.
akinszz:
you look sweet kiss kiss kiss grin grin grin Nice picture grin
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by omoelerin1: 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2018
1Sharon:

Dirty LovePeddler.
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by IBvoss(m): 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2018
If you really, reaallly want to return the money and have a clear state of mind, you should:

1. Find a way to erect a clear and concise sign post of any material affordable; to be placed within a circumference of 5 - 10 meters where you found the money. Placed on the sign should be:

• A viable means of contact, to your preference. (Text/calls via a cell phone number, e-mail e.t.c)

• A detailed description of the lost package, area/location where the said package was lost and the circumstances in which you met the misplaced package by the prospective claimer. Description of the latter is not that important. The most important description needed is the former and it should entail:

A. The exact amount of the money lost.
B. The condition of the notes (minted, dirty, rumpled...)
C. The currency of the notes and the common denominations of the notes i.e Are the notes in 20s or 100s, 500s or 1000s
D. Specific details on the wrapping or packaging of the notes. In what manner were the notes packaged? Nylons? Envelope? A box? Rubber bands? Briefcase...

• A slated period of time of which the lost package will be available for claiming by the prospective claimants, set to your own preference ( It could be days, weeks or months). My personal advice would be to leave it open for a maximum of two weeks.

2. If after carrying out the procedures stated above and you still haven't found a suitable claimant, then you can do this instead to have a guilt-free conscience.

• Get the money off your hands by:

A. Giving it to any of the suitable authorities/agencies or any other entity you deem fit. (I strongly advise not to carry out this act unless there is 100% trust.)

B. Donate it to the less privileged of the society with a decisive and clear heart.

C. Retain ownership of the money and invest it into a worthy venture or your private business with the intention of borrowing to aid and advance your business so when there's future maximization of profits, you take back the money you invested and keep it until the rightful owner comes along. (This is the best possible advice I approve of. You get both profits and a clear heart; A win-win situation!)

D. Lock the money away in a safe location until further notice and restrain from using it in bits or fully. (This is only for those with excellent self-control and/or those who are wealthy enough)

This post is not only to the OP but can be deemed as the legit guidelines you should follow whenever you come across a misplaced package or lost valuable that you don't ignore. It doesn't betray your morals, there are no losses and it can even end up benefitting you.

But if these guidelines aren't really what you want, there's always that option...The option which 70% of people would normally take:

• Don't give a **** and use the money or valuable however you want. Finders - keepers, *****!!!!

Hope this was helpful smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by 1Sharon(f): 7:55pm On Sep 22, 2018
omoelerin1:
Dirty LovePeddler.

It took you over 6 hours to come up with this? grin
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by omoelerin1: 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2018
1Sharon:

It took you over 6 hours to come up with this? grin
Because you failed to reply my earlier mention, so I decided to challenge you once again.
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by 1Sharon(f): 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2018
omoelerin1:
Because you failed to reply my earlier mention, so I decided to challenge you once again.

Lol ode. Challenge who? You need to go sit down and deep ur L while I deal with the next idiot tongue
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by omoelerin1: 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2018
1Sharon:

Lol ode. Challenge who? You need to go sit down and deep ur L while I deal with the next idiot tongue
Arent you aware you're irritating? Useless bitch.
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by Matinho: 10:10pm On Sep 22, 2018
Bonehead
omoelerin1:
Gibberish

1 Like

Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by 1Sharon(f): 2:27am On Sep 23, 2018
omoelerin1:
Arent you aware you're irritating? Useless bitch.

Muttonheaded pinhead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by omoelerin1: 7:36am On Sep 23, 2018
1Sharon:

Muttonheaded pinhead
Mere hole-losho
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by WiseStarr(m): 9:00am On Sep 23, 2018
There is nothing you can do than spending the money,You saw the money,tried your best in finding it owner but you couldn't,You came here seeking for advice and some are requesting for it,Guy go spend the money even if you find the owner after you've spent it,He/she will understand
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 23, 2018
martinskelly:
what do you mean by wat you sow is wat you will reap? Abi u don turn to pastor coz no be u see d money ni...Now lemme ask u a question, if it were u dat saw d money, would u have come to nairaland to announce it or do d things u ask the OP to do?
If I saw the money I would leave it there.
Re: How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) by 1Sharon(f): 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2018
omoelerin1:
Mere hole-losho

Waste of sperm. Sebi you want the last word? like a little kid. Oya I will give it to you

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank / Dangote Is Selling Dangote Flour Mills For N130 Billion ($361.11 Million) / Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.