Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering (54786 Views)

Lord’s Chosen Church Bus Crashes Into Coca-Cola Depot In Imo, 5 Dead / Mob Burnt Truckload Of Salt In Onitsha After Driver Crushed Cart Pusher To Death / Speeding Bus Crashes Into A Betting Shop, Destroys Everything Inside. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by troublemakea(m): 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2018
agarawu23:
the bolded na fat lie. All their vehicle has speed limit of 110km installed

iffa hear....that's wrong they speed above 120km atimes taking Abaji route
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Areaboyfriend(m): 7:06pm On Sep 24, 2018
rxmusa:
Good rest is essential to the health and stability of both mind and body.

President Muhammadu Buhari is trying in fixing all the major roads across Nigeria still some accidents are due to negligence
May the almighty fix your life just as Buhari is trying to fix Nigerian roads..
Say amen undecided
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by troublemakea(m): 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2018
jumpandpas:

Once their departure time reaches, they will zoom off irrespective of the number of the passengers and if their AC is faulty, they will balance you like #300 or above depending on how much you paid. The only Tranport company in Nigeria that white men uses and I have travelled with some from Lagos to PH.

the day I had to travel from ibadan to Jos the company had to take both nassarawa and Abuja bound travellers to

But ABC dont do such....I've once gone to Jos with just 4 passengers twice

1 Like

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by lolipopandy(f): 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2018
ruggedtimi:
na u dey ur profile pic? if yes. "Dieu t'a bien créé"
yes I'm d one.merci
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by xangerar: 7:15pm On Sep 24, 2018
LagosWharf:
Law of travelling number 1: Only a person who is vigilant should seat in front with a commercial driver. You can't fight to seat in front just for you to sleep off. Your first job is to watch the driver. Nuff said

Be blessed. I no dey know why person go hussle for front seat only to sleep off before the bus hit the road. And he would snoring and rotating his head like a ceiling fan. That alone is enough to cause the driver to sleep of too. You no say sleep dey dey transferable.

1 Like

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by chinasap2018(f): 7:16pm On Sep 24, 2018
Wetin The Driver Drink,i Guess Na Tramadol
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by agarawu23(m): 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
troublemakea:

iffa hear....that's wrong they speed above 120km atimes taking Abaji route
incase you don't know what speed limit is, when u install speed limit on a vehicle, the vehicle won't run above the programmed speed. So stop giving false accusations. They don't run more than 110km

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by troublemakea(m): 7:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
agarawu23:
incase you don't know what speed limit is, when u install speed limit on a vehicle, the vehicle won't run above the programmed speed. So stop giving false accusations. They don't run more than 110km

shut your trap I f**king know what speed limit is and the only company who practice that is ABC

GIGM is nothing related to speed limit go get your fake facts right
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by agarawu23(m): 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
[s]
troublemakea:

shut your trap I f**king know what speed limit is and the only company who practice that is ABC

GIGM is nothing related to speed limit go get your fake facts right
[/s] goodnight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by writeprof(m): 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2018
Dpharisee:

Every long distance driver must insist that only a vigilant passenger who can converse with him time to time sits in front and drivers should also learn to stop, stretch their legs for a few minutes before continuing to avoid sleeping on wheels.

That's just it. Though some drivers prefer someone who would not caution them in the front. If I sit there I try to pally the driver through little talks. On one of such long trips, a driver told me he was feeling sleepy. I had to make sure we were talking. He put Robb on his eyes, no way. He had to take the cover of my bottle of water to chew while the small talks continued till we arrived our destination.
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Cantonese: 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2018
Good is good changed the face of travelling on such long journeys by big transport companies. Their safety standard is unrivalled by any transport company in Nigeria. You may check FRSC for verification. They have patrols on all their routes to ensure safety of passengers, drivers and buses. Other transport companies have started to emulate. You have the right to report the drivers or captains (as they are called) during your journey. You are guaranteed instant reply. You cannot compare GIGM with Peace mass transit as there no basis. Most of the drivers in the employment of Akwa Ibom transport company were taken from GIGM. You can also check that fact. Thanks to God no live was lost. I travel GIGM more than 20 times yearly. We now have a new word in Nigeria called INCONCLUSIVE. So I submit that the driver had inconclusive sleep the previous night!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by shadyLP(m): 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2018
lefulefu:
there was one ABC transport accident that happened on the auchi -okene expressway. The bus was burnt beyond recorgnition with a huge number of casualty. It collided with a fuel truck. If u see the way those ABC drivers drive recklessly ..its like they always high on codiene b4 they embark on their journey.
Some creepy beings will just come here and talk rubbish as if they are daily travelers..
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2018
shadyLP:

Some creepy beings will just come here and talk rubbish as if they are daily travelers..
u dont need to travel everyday for u to see the violent accidents around u. ABC drivers are known to be rough on the roads. Maybe the havent gone the same notorious level as the defunct Ekene dilli chuckwu in the 80s but they sure going dat lane. Luxurious buses and well dressed drivers quite alright but plying the roads like dangote drivers high on codiene.

1 Like

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2018
Cantonese:
Good is good changed the face of travelling on such long journeys by big transport companies. Their safety standard is unrivalled by any transport company in Nigeria. You may check FRSC for verification. They have patrols on all their routes to ensure safety of passengers, drivers and buses. Other transport companies have started to emulate. You have the right to report the drivers or captains (as they are called) during your journey. You are guaranteed instant reply. You cannot compare GIGM with Peace mass transit as there no basis. Most of the drivers in the employment of Akwa Ibom transport company were taken from GIGM. You can also check that fact. Thanks to God no live was lost. I travel GIGM more than 20 times yearly. We now have a new word in Nigeria called INCONCLUSIVE. So I submit that the driver had inconclusive sleep the previous night!
exactly! God is Good is one of the safest transport companies so far. The number of times i have used it i have really been impressed.
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by july1980: 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2018
GUO transport has rebranded, they are one of the best now

2 Likes

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by nkem12345(m): 7:58pm On Sep 24, 2018
troublemakea:
You will never see ABC transport have accident in such manner

ABC all the way.....GIGM & piece Mass transit are two flying coffin

I have seen three different ABC buses that had accidents and were quickly hidden from the scene . Dont be deceived. I have been using ABC buses for a while

1 Like

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by justiniyke29: 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2018
lefulefu:
there was one ABC transport accident that happened on the auchi -okene expressway. The bus was burnt beyond recorgnition with a huge number of casualty. It collided with a fuel truck. If u see the way those ABC drivers drive recklessly ..its like they always high on codiene b4 they embark on their journey.
ABC drivers are one of the most disciplined drivers I know of. They never over speed.
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2018
troublemakea:

that's a very fat lie bruh
bros ABC transport anytime dem dey pass here they are always on top speed when they are passing a road that is not express. Its like they always want to use the large size of their buses to intimidate other smaller car users off the road. The accident involving ABC transport in auchi-okene road was very violent. The tanker had an head to head collision with it.it was coming from abuja enroute to benin-lagos from looking at its position. We just saw the smoldring remains the next day with FRSCN packaging the casaulties from it. GIGM so far has not had such a violent car accident but then it also plies long distance like ABC. Also note dat a number of GIGM drivers are literate. Dem no dey use agbero as their drivers cos the company is run by two graduates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2018
justiniyke29:
ABC drivers are one of the most disciplined drivers I know of. They never over speed.
u talking of GIGM drivers.
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by madgoat(m): 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2018
LagosWharf:
Law of travelling number 1: Only a person who is vigilant should seat in front with a commercial driver. You can't fight to seat in front just for you to sleep off. Your first job is to watch the driver. Nuff said

Imagine getting 441 likes for a post as useless and meaningless as what you posted
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by CioAngels(f): 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2018
That is the company Okowa sold Deltas common wealth, Delta line to for selfishness and greed. I thought Ibori was serious when he sadness over the sale, but after Okowa wasted millions to welcome him from prison, Ibori foolishness kept quiet and the stealing continued.
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by BrokenCock: 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2018
LagosWharf:
exactly many ppl just dey rush front seats that is meant fr co-pilots. Some go dey front dey chop groundnut n eggs any5ow
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by uboma(m): 8:50pm On Sep 24, 2018
Administration1:
Seriously,we should all take precaution and our safety seriously,

All travelers during this ember months, try to chose someone who is very alert and can start an argument to seat on the front seat, that way the Driver can talk and talk till you get to your destination

Do you sincerely think that this measure will prevent an accident from happening?

Will the passenger who is always on the alert help a driver who had just 2 or maybe 3 hours sleep the previous night before the journey, prevent an accident? Can a man truly cheat nature?

Again, will this our every attentive passenger prevent an accident from occuring if the car given to the driver has faulty breaks?

Yet again, what happens if the Driver is frustrated with life? Maybe he's been owed for months and his wife is sick, children are out of school. He has asked his employer for a raise or a loan but his request got denied or is kept pending till he returns from the journey. Will our every attentive passenger understand the emotional trauma the driver is facing with his hands on the wheels?

Can our attentive passenger prevent the Driver from sipping his spirits and concoction believing that it is what he needs to keep his eyes shinning throughout the journey?

My brother, leave stories for Larry King....
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by richiepolymer(m): 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
smiley

God bless you real good! Preach it loud to the hearing of useless slay mumus and obese glutons who see the front seat as their entitlement.

LagosWharf:
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by faced4tp: 9:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
"God is good", but He don't love stupid (In Dre's voice)
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Gmiracle: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
LagosWharf:

Well said, that's why I like sitting at the front even if it's 24 hours journey I won't blink my eyes
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Gerrard59(m): 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2018
It's surprising how most of the posters suggest that there should be selective process for the passenger in the driver's cabin. There is no study to prove that having one reduces the effects of sleeping on the driver neither is there any supporting the claim that if there is someone vigilant, the driver will not sleep. Correlation doesn't equal causation.

Additionally, it'd be difficult to unilaterally choose someone for the front seat when there's online booking. Anyone irrespective of their sleep alert system can choose the seat and no one, absolutely, can do anything about it.

GIGM should simply stop overworking their drivers. Even pilots don't fly back to back yet they are two in a cabin. Gisting with a driver when driving is even wrong.

2 Likes

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by 7victor(m): 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2018
JESUS CHRIST is the son of GOD.HE loved us and died for us so that we can have eternal life.we have to love HIM and think about HIM always. Salvation is only from HIM.HE is the coming of GOD to this world,HE is the GOD with us(EMMANUEL)
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by newdawn2017(f): 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2018
tizzdi:
Can we say d bus driver had an INCONCLUSIVE sleep last night grin grin cool
kikikikikikiki grin perhaps, who knows.
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by troublemakea(m): 10:48pm On Sep 24, 2018
lefulefu:
bros ABC transport anytime dem dey pass here they are always on top speed when they are passing a road that is not express. Its like they always want to use the large size of their buses to intimidate other smaller car users off the road. The accident involving ABC transport in auchi-okene road was very violent. The tanker had an head to head collision with it.it was coming from abuja enroute to benin-lagos from looking at its position. We just saw the smoldring remains the next day with FRSCN packaging the casaulties from it. GIGM so far has not had such a violent car accident but then it also plies long distance like ABC. Also note dat a number of GIGM drivers are literate. Dem no dey use agbero as their drivers cos the company is run by two graduates.

I see you boss Lefulefu....you still remain one of the guys I respect on NL

my love for ABC is just due to my experience with them virtually everytime i travel with them they just always doing things to make me commend them always

remembered a time I was sick n still had to travel I explained to the driver and the man was just so caring and stops anytime i winked him even at night he allow me sleep at his place

NO no they just too good
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by hybraheeem002(m): 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2018
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK grin grin grin
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by shadyLP(m): 11:05pm On Sep 24, 2018
lefulefu:
u dont need to travel everyday for u to see the violent accidents around u. ABC drivers are known to be rough on the roads. Maybe the havent gone the same notorious level as the defunct Ekene dilli chuckwu in the 80s but they sure going dat lane. Luxurious buses and well dressed drivers quite alright but plying the roads like dangote drivers high on codiene.
U said it all bro...
That's why I said some indomie generation will come
Here and start saying trash even defending d crashed drivers..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) / Edo Mother Of 4 Falls & Dies In A Septic Tank While Walking Through It (Pix) / Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.