Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering (54787 Views)

Lord’s Chosen Church Bus Crashes Into Coca-Cola Depot In Imo, 5 Dead / Mob Burnt Truckload Of Salt In Onitsha After Driver Crushed Cart Pusher To Death / Speeding Bus Crashes Into A Betting Shop, Destroys Everything Inside. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by sapeleboi(m): 12:35am On Sep 25, 2018
if e nor good for your health quit. WEED

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 1:56am On Sep 25, 2018
Virgohills:
As well as AKTC all drivers onpoint
AKTC GBAM. God bless Akwa Ibom State Government
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by TheBoy1740: 3:00am On Sep 25, 2018
This happened to my uncle in 2015, same company, same sleeping driver. Unfortunately, d bus ran into a tractor-trailer killing d guy in d trailer.
They should watch out for their sleeping drivers abeg.
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by slimtik(m): 6:28am On Sep 25, 2018
This news is completely false! This news is very fake. These newsblogs carry fake news without investigating and seeking relevance. For starters this accident wasn't on Sunday 23rd. It was on Wednesday 19th September 2018 on the PH-Lagos route and the driver didn't sleep off. It was an accident involving the GIG bus, a tanker and another bus. The driver veered off the road to avoid colliding with the tanker.
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by showafrica(m): 7:52am On Sep 25, 2018
Nwodosis:
But their drivers say that they are captains and always warn never to be addressed as drivers, how come a whole captain slept off?

Lol, if you don't know , even pilots sleep in the cockpit. They Just direct the airbus to the right bearing on the correct altitude and sleep off.
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by IbrahimDamola: 9:24am On Sep 25, 2018
Dpharisee:

Every long distance driver must insist that only a vigilant passenger who can converse with him time to time sits in front and drivers should also learn to stop, stretch their legs for a few minutes before continuing to avoid sleeping on wheels.

That is exactly what many God Is Good captains do. They allow only guys who can converse with them sit in front with them. I believe this is an Isolated case. GIGM remains the best anytime anyday. I ensure all my family members travel with GIGM. It has been the case for over 10 years now.

Where you won't catch me dead is in Peace Piece mass trasit moving coffin. They are the worst. Bad mannered careless agberoesque drivers, unconfortable seats, overloaded buses, unmaintained engines etc.
Other useless agbero-run buses are Apara line, bob izua, Sunshine motors, young line (not Young shall Grow o). Etc
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by IbrahimDamola: 9:59am On Sep 25, 2018
troublemakea:

as in ehn.....I onced enter their bus enroute Jos you cant believe we were only 4 in the bus including the driver and this man did not pick up any passenger until we got to jos even tho he had lot of chances

and when we had to sleep over at Nassarawa the driver was just so dam kind and nice.

GIGM will not only overload n full their bus they also speed too much

GIGM have stopped overloading their buses, if the loads are too much, they'll advise you to buy a seat for it, or they'll ask you to go to the office and do a way bill courier of it. They now have loading threshold and speed limit which is about 90-100km/hr. Your post is a big fallacy.

GIGM still remain the best among the small bus transporters.

1 Like

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by IbrahimDamola: 10:11am On Sep 25, 2018
lefulefu:
bros ABC transport anytime dem dey pass here they are always on top speed when they are passing a road that is not express. Its like they always want to use the large size of their buses to intimidate other smaller car users off the road. The accident involving ABC transport in auchi-okene road was very violent. The tanker had an head to head collision with it.it was coming from abuja enroute to benin-lagos from looking at its position. We just saw the smoldring remains the next day with FRSCN packaging the casaulties from it. GIGM so far has not had such a violent car accident but then it also plies long distance like ABC. Also note dat a number of GIGM drivers are literate. Dem no dey use agbero as their drivers cos the company is run by two graduates.

#TrueTalk.. GIGM Captains are not illiterate agbero drivers.

I remember when I once entered one Apara line from oshodi many years ago. The buffoons loading the bus told us it was an AC bus, bus started he claimed we can't use AC until he buys fuel. We got to toll gate he bought fuel, oga put AC na, the driver still refused and started insult passengers that they should go and buy their own cars. Passengers got incensed and irritated , verbal abuses reigned on the agbero driver especially from the women until we got to ore. Driver packed the bus, entered a beer joint and told everyone he was no longer going anywhere. We demanded our money, the idiot entered one restaurant and vanished into thin air. Na God save me say I get extra money that year.

After that ugly incident my motto became: 'I no dey travel long distance inside motor wey agbero dey load.'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) / Edo Mother Of 4 Falls & Dies In A Septic Tank While Walking Through It (Pix) / Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.