Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,576 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) (55676 Views)

Weaning Our Baby / Health Benefits Of Agbo Jedi Jedi Ingredients And Recipes / Can Marijuana Helps In Weaning Off Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by wowdiva: 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
tatacherie:

Yea very creamy. I prepared d pap and just mashed d avocado with spoon and mixed all together
Wow! I will give it a try, thanks

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by tatacherie: 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
wowdiva:

Wow! I will give it a try, thanks
Goodluck ma'am smiley
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by wowdiva: 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
tatacherie:

Goodluck ma'am smiley
Did you add milk and sugar to it?

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by tatacherie: 8:25pm On Jun 23, 2019
wowdiva:

Oh yes I forgot to mention it. I added her formular and mixed well before feeding it to her. I dont add sugar as it makes her stool most times
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by wowdiva: 11:00pm On Jun 23, 2019
tatacherie:

Oh yes I forgot to mention it. I added her formular and mixed well before feeding it to her. I dont add sugar as it makes her stool most times
OK noted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 10:53am On Jun 24, 2019
wowdiva:

You don't need sugar. Avocado has a sweet buttery taste, i barely add milk whenever i use avocado in any meal.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by wowdiva: 12:26am On Jun 25, 2019
rvpbae:

You don't need sugar. Avocado has a sweet buttery taste, i barely add milk whenever i use avocado in any meal.

OK thanks
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by wowdiva: 11:59pm On Jun 25, 2019
rvpbae:

Can you share the meals you make with Avocado. Thanks
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 8:41am On Jun 26, 2019
wowdiva:

Can you share the meals you make with Avocado. Thanks

You can put in almost anything. I put in his oat, pap. I give it as snack, he likes bread so i sometimes use as spread. I rarely give custard cos it has got nothing but when i give, i either put a fruit puree or avocado. I also put in his cereal too or even beans. When he is constipated, avocado and watermelon juice does the trick for me.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by wowdiva: 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2019
rvpbae:

You can put in almost anything. I put in his oat, pap. I give it as snack, he likes bread so i sometimes use as spread. I rarely give custard cos it has got nothing but when i give, i either put a fruit puree or avocado. I also put in his cereal too or even beans. When he is constipated, avocado and watermelon juice does the trick for me.

Wow! Thanks for the tips
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by firstLadyy: 7:52am On Jul 08, 2019
Pls i did ebf for 4 months n I introduced fomula to my 4months old because of work but she has refused to take it and vomits no matter how little enters her stomach..bought all kinds of formula same vomiting ish she ends up throwing up every..what will I do mamas?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 3:47pm On Jul 08, 2019
firstLadyy:
Pls i did ebf for 4 months n I introduced fomula to my 4months old because of work but she has refused to take it and vomits no matter how little enters her stomach..bought all kinds of formula same vomiting ish she ends up throwing up every..what will I do mamas?

She probably has cow milk allergy, people substitute with plant based milk. You can Google for more info and see a paediatrician for further check up.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by firstLadyy: 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2019
Thanks dear.. but when she was born she took Nan1 for almost 2weeks before I started lactating..
rvpbae:

She probably has cow milk allergy, people substitute with plant based milk. You can Google for more info and see a paediatrician for further check up.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by pateffy: 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2019
firstLadyy:
Pls i did ebf for 4 months n I introduced fomula to my 4months old because of work but she has refused to take it and vomits no matter how little enters her stomach..bought all kinds of formula same vomiting ish she ends upthrowing up every..what will I do mamas?

So sorry have been in your shoes before just keep trying you can try pap the brown one and mix with milk for her my boy or nan milk she might not take as much as you want her to take but at least some thing will be in her tummy my baby for months took only four spoons if you force him more than that he will vomit the rest so after four or five spoons and he gives the signal that he is okay by trying to vomit I stop

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by firstLadyy: 8:20am On Jul 14, 2019
Thanks dear.. but she trows up anything formular.. But will try d pap.. Thanks again
pateffy:

So sorry have been in your shoes before just keep trying you can try pap the brown one and mix with milk for her my boy or nan milk she might not take as much as you want her to take but at least some thing will be in her tummy my baby for months took only four spoons if you force him more than that he will vomit the rest so after four or five spoons and he gives the signal that he is okay by trying to vomit I stop
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by pateffy: 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
firstLadyy:
Thanks dear.. but she trows up anything formular.. But will try d pap.. Thanks again

Uwc you just have to keep on trying, I totally understand

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by lollypopson(f): 7:50am On Jul 16, 2019
I'm happy to come across this thread, my baby is 6months plus now, did ebf for him. We just started d complimentary feeding 2 weeks ago bt d experience hasn't been enjoyable so far. He doesn't want to take pap, he cries and struggles with me, even when I make his formula (Lactogen 2) he takes a little too. Bt I notice he takes mashed rice very well without crying also beans a d fish. Can I give him spaghetti at his age if it is cooked very soft. Also I'm giving him bottled water to drink, someone told me to introduce sachet pure water instead of bottled water and also borehole and tap water gradually so dat he won't fall sick later when he takes water that isn't bottled water, please how true is this
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by talltosyne: 8:22am On Jul 16, 2019
lollypopson:
I'm happy to come across this thread, my baby is 6months plus now, did ebf for him. We just started d complimentary feeding 2 weeks ago bt d experience hasn't been enjoyable so far. He doesn't want to take pap, he cries and struggles with me, even when I make his formula (Lactogen 2) he takes a little too. Bt I notice he takes mashed rice very well without crying also beans a d fish. Can I give him spaghetti at his age if it is cooked very soft. Also I'm giving him bottled water to drink, someone told me to introduce sachet pure water instead of bottled water and also borehole and tap water gradually so dat he won't fall sick later when he takes water that isn't bottled water, please how true is this
I believed the spaghetti Should be mashed too.... For the water, I don't believe all those saying, for my 1st son, I started with boiled water but along the line he started taking satchet water and there was no cause for alarm. For my ,2nd son, it was pure straight cos I did ebf and he's fine too. So the choice is yours.

Meanwhile you can try our baby yoghurt and Tom Brown from Zaynie.......
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by EvangelistMFM(m): 11:46am On Jul 16, 2019
Free delivery to any part of Nigeria available.
Whatsapp / Call : 08146369059

1 Share

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by fabfaith: 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2019
EvangelistMFM:
Free delivery to any part of Nigeria available.
Whatsapp / Call : 08146369059
How much?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by ANGELINAX(f): 8:55am On Sep 10, 2019
HolySteph:
Beetroot and sweet potatoes
hi. Please where did you get the beetroot from?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by JGracious: 10:18am On Sep 10, 2019
ANGELINAX:

You can get from the ff places:
Shoprite
Fruit markets
Fruit stalls in your community
Those mallams selling green pepper, carrots, spring onions etc do have it at times.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
ANGELINAX:
I got it from market. Aboki they sell too.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by SlimBrawnie(f): 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
My 9mo cut his first tooth on his 9m bday last week and has just started refusing his cereals o, he prefers his breast milk and adult food. After force feeding him this morning, I decided to prepare very soft noodles with carrots and he finished it...
Pls I need ideas on other solids I can introduce, I tried pap(millet & guinea corn) one time but it took him too long to like it. I intend re-introducing it to him again with nan2 and any other solids idea I can get.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by angeltolly(f): 6:08am On Sep 19, 2019
SlimBrawnie:
My 9mo cut his first tooth on his 9m bday last week and has just started refusing his cereals o, he prefers his breast milk and adult food. After force feeding him this morning, I decided to prepare very soft noodles with carrots and he finished it...
Pls I need ideas on other solids I can introduce, I tried pap(millet & guinea corn) one time but it took him too long to like it. I intend re-introducing it to him again with nan2 and any other solids idea I can get.

Read up previous pages of this thread you will find more than enough ideas. cheers

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by SlimBrawnie(f): 7:46am On Sep 19, 2019
angeltolly:

Read up previous pages of this thread you will find more than enough ideas. cheers
On it, thank uuuu
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by simplyglow: 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2019
rvpbae:

My 6 month old also seems to have these cow milk allergy, I just started her on nan and cereals or pap, but she is always restless after each feed, she starts itching non stop, her eyes and skin turn red and sometimes rashes appears on some parts of her body, until she vomits the food, then all symptoms disappears, so for now she's just on breast milk and water. I don't know how we'll cope without formula.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 9:30am On Sep 30, 2019
simplyglow:

My 6 month old also seems to have these cow milk allergy, I just started her on nan and cereals or pap, but she is always restless after each feed, she starts itching non stop, her eyes and skin turn red and sometimes rashes appears on some parts of her body, until she vomits the food, then all symptoms disappears, so for now she's just on breast milk and water. I don't know how we'll cope without formula.

Discontinue and see a paediatrician asap. I know people substitute with plant based milk, although they are pricey. I wanted to buy one and it was 18k.

Or you can try another brand of formula, i know all these enfamil and aptamil have differerent ranges of milk to suit different conditions, just that they are pricey.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Rbae: 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2019
My 6months+ baby poops after taking cerelac. He loves it so much but I think he's allergic to it. I've started giving him nutribom rice cereal and he doesn't poo after taking it. Please, what other cereal can I use to replace cerelac?

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Fyngal1(f): 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
@nkemosarodion65
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Fyngal1(f): 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
Rbae:
My 6months+ baby poops after taking cerelac. He loves it so much but I think he's allergic to it. I've started giving him nutribom rice cereal and he doesn't poo after taking it. Please, what other cereal can I use to replace cerelac?

Try frisogold. The rice variant.

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Rbae: 11:54am On Oct 04, 2019
Fyngal1:

Try frisogold. The rice variant.

Ok mama. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Top Ten Hospitals In Nigeria - Webometrics Ranking / COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) / 200Level Female Student Of Ondo University Commits Suicide (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.