Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. (2296 Views)

The Saying That What God Cannot Do Does Not Exist Is False / Does The Spiritual World Really Exist? Is It Real? / Do We Really Exist? Is Everything Illusion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2018
Gggg102:

yup.
it's same way some people can't see God
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by Gggg102(m): 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2018
nwabekeyi:
it's same way some people can't see God

it is not the same.

visibility is a necessity for the red vase on the table.
it isn't necessary for a god.

except you would also concede that atoms don't exist because we can't see atoms.
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by DeSepiero(m): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2018
rekinomtla:
So atheists are foolish when they use evil and suffering as their proof that God doesn’t exist

Evil and suffering is perhaps a proof that an all loving and all powerful God does not exist.
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
Gggg102:

it is not the same.

except you would also concede that atoms don't exist because we can't see atoms.

its the same thing because you can't prove its not there
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by Gggg102(m): 7:03pm On Sep 29, 2018
nwabekeyi:
its the same thing because you can't prove its not there

it is obviously not there.
my eyes have proved it.

there is no red vase on the counter.
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2018
Gggg102:

it is obviously not there.
my eyes have proved it.

there is no red vase on the counter.
my eyes could also prove that there's no God
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by rekinomtla(m): 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2018
DeSepiero:

Evil and suffering is perhaps a proof that an all loving and all powerful God does not exist.

That's the God most people who ask atheists this question believes in.
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by Gggg102(m): 2:56am On Sep 30, 2018
nwabekeyi:
my eyes could also prove that there's no God

can your eyes prove that there is no atom?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by NPComplete: 7:52am On Sep 30, 2018
FELIX0M0R:

Please
Please can u tell and show us the proof that your great great great great great great great grand father existed?

Jesus. Felixomor.
So after all the battering u have received all these years here, u still are unable to think well.
There is something called proof by inference. Even in mathematics, there is something called proof by induction.
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by FELIX0M0R: 9:13am On Sep 30, 2018
NPComplete:

Jesus. Felixomor.
So after all the battering u have received all these years here, u still are unable to think well.
There is something called proof by inference. Even in mathematics, there is something called proof by induction.
Pls stop the idiocy and hypocrisy
Cant u see that the op himself doesnt know the meaning of "proof by induction"
Hence he was asked the question?
Are u blind?
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by FELIX0M0R: 9:15am On Sep 30, 2018
Gggg102:

it is not the same.

The guy is just too ignorant
I presume is a secondary school student
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 30, 2018
Gggg102:

can your eyes prove that there is no atom?
my eyes can prove that there is atom
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by NPComplete: 10:10am On Sep 30, 2018
FELIX0M0R:

Pls stop the idiocy and hypocrisy
Cant u see that the op himself doesnt know the meaning of "proof by induction"
Hence he was asked the question?
Are u blind?

U just toss the word idiocy and hypocrisy around without any thought like the FelixMORON everyone calls you. What have u said in this your comment now? Nothing. Just pointless fluff and senselessness that u are skilled at. U are aging in steeped foolishness and u still don't realise it.

The proof by inference and induction I alluded to do not apply to the proof of God religious people claim to have. God is a separate ineffable entity that I believe cannot be sufficiently proven within the limits of current human intellect.

Here is the difference between proving an ancestor existed and proving God exists:
All men were given birth to by a woman as a result of semen from another man. We know all men alive today have fathers one way or another. And we know their fathers also have or had fathers and so on. Ergo we can say a certain ancestor a certain number of generations, x, removed existed.
Now it is possible that we are wrong. That maybe one of his ancestors x-n generations removed, where n < x, just fell from the sky and therefore ancestor x does not exist. But this is very very unlikely based on the premise.
This kind of proof was used to accurately predict elements in the atomic table before they were eventually discovered.

Unfortunately the same proof can not be applied to God. Anytime it is tried it just collapses on the absurdity of religious claims and leads to circular reasoning. The basic premise the religious rely on is "All men were created by God" and that in itself is begging the question.
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by FELIX0M0R: 10:27am On Sep 30, 2018
NPComplete:

U just toss the word idiocy and hypocrisy around without any thought like the FelixMORON everyone calls you. What have u said in this your comment now? Nothing. Just pointless fluff and senselessness that u are skilled at. U are aging in steeped foolishness and u still don't realise it.

The proof by inference and induction I alluded to do not apply to the proof of God religious people claim to have. God is a separate ineffable entity that I believe cannot be sufficiently proven within the limits of current human intellect.

Here is the difference between proving an ancestor existed and proving God exists:
All men were given birth to by a woman as a result of semen from another man. We know all men alive today have fathers one way or another. And we know their fathers also have or had fathers and so on. Ergo we can say a certain ancestor a certain number of generations, x, removed existed.
Now it is possible that we are wrong. That maybe one of his ancestors x-n generations removed, where n < x, just fell from the sky and therefore ancestor x does not exist. But this is very very unlikely based on the premise.
This kind of proof was used to accurately predict elements in the atomic table before they were eventually discovered.

Unfortunately the same proof can not be applied to God. Anytime it is tried it just collapses on the absurdity of religious claims and leads to circular reasoning. The basic premise the religious rely on is "All men were created by God" and that in itself is begging the question.

The bolded line shows you assumed that all men were born.
The same way u accuse theist that they assume all things were created.
When its obvious all things were created and designed.

Hence the idiocy and hypocrisy label.
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by orisa37: 10:29am On Sep 30, 2018
It's like asking somebody to prove there are no existence, no parentage and no life. It's really foolish, silly and ignorant.
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by NPComplete: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2018
FELIX0M0R:

Hahahaha. This guy is an idiot. So have u seen a man that wasn't born before? U have definitive proof that some men are not the result of male and female gametes fusing together? Let's hear it then. We have proof that men are born, most men, because we see them getting birthed everyday. So we can generalise. There is no proof whatsoever that men are created. None. Faith is different from fact.

Even in my last comment u quoted I still went ahead and stated a caveat
Now it is possible that we are wrong. That maybe one of his ancestors.......just fell from the sky and therefore ancestor x does not exist. But this is very very unlikely based on the premise.
But your brain completely missed that. FelixMORON always eager to type but less eager to use his brain cheesy

By the way I am a theist too. I am just not a morón. That is your department.
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 30, 2018
FELIX0M0R:

Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by FELIX0M0R: 11:46am On Sep 30, 2018
NPComplete:

Hahahaha. This guy is an idiot. So have u seen a man that wasn't born before? U have definitive proof that some men are not the result of male and female gametes fusing together? Let's hear it then. We have proof that men are born, most men, because we see them getting birthed everyday.

-
You see why they said you are a fool ?
That u have never seen a man that wasnt born means
He doesn't exist.
Argumentum ad Ignoratum
Fallacy of Ignorance. First degree

Then how did the first man come to be, knowing that there was no woman before him.

Even if u assume evolution, there still has to be a first man that wasnt born from a woman.

DONT U SEE HOW FOOLISH YOU ARE NOW?

NPComplete:

So we can generalise. There is no proof whatsoever that men are created. None.
-
WRONG
There are numerous
The complexity and organization of mans DNA and genetic coding is far more complex than Microsoft windows, Macos and Facebook put together (billions of times) .
It speaks of an over intelligent design

Get educated

NPComplete:

[s]Faith is different from fact.

Even in my last comment u quoted I still went ahead and stated a caveat But your brain completely missed that. FelixMORON always eager to type but less eager to use his brain cheesy

By the way I am a theist too. I am just not a morón. That is your department[/s] .

Rubbish remainders
As usual!
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by FELIX0M0R: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2018
nwabekeyi:
Meanwhile
You.

Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by NPComplete: 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
FELIX0M0R:

-
You see why they said you are a fool ?
That u have never seen a man that wasnt born means
He doesn't exist.
Argumentum ad Ignoratum
Fallacy of Ignorance. First degree

Then how did the first man come to be, knowing that there was no woman before him.

Even if u assume evolution, there still has to be a first man that wasnt born from a woman.

DONT U SEE HOW FOOLISH YOU ARE NOW?

-
WRONG
There are numerous
The complexity and organization of mans DNA and genetic coding is far more complex than Microsoft windows, Macos and Facebook put together (billions of times) .

Get educated

Rubbish remainders
As usual!

Since u have chosen to be very foolish on a sunday morning I will help u expose your foolishness more. Even after everything I wrote about inference and generalization u are still parroting the same rubbish about about me saying that I am 100% sure that no man can be born without a woman. You are either dishonest or you are a fool. Everyone knows you are both.

Hear the insect:
Yet you are one of those who believes that same designer, who is complex enough to design the DNA, is in himself incapable of being created, exists of His own volition and has no creator. Yet you contradict yourself in the same vein by believing a less complex thing like the DNA must have an intelligent designer. See how foolish you are?
Like I said, there is no proof for creation. We only have faith. If the complexity of the DNA alone is proof for its creation then it means the complexity of God is proof also that God was created. You don't get to cherry-pick. Refuting one is ultimately refuting the other.

I am 10 steps ahead of you and I have already thought about any argument your puny brain is even yet to conceive. I will slay u in your foolishness.
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
FELIX0M0R:

Meanwhile
You.
I'm a scientist and I only accept facts

Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by FELIX0M0R: 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2018
NPComplete:

[s]Since u have chosen to be very foolish on a sunday morning I will help u expose your foolishness more. Even after everything I wrote about inference and generalization u are still parroting the same rubbish about about me saying that I am 100% sure that no man can be born without a woman. You are either dishonest or you are a fool. Everyone knows you are both.[/s]

_ rubbish

NPComplete:

Hear the insect:

Yet you are one of those who believes that same designer, who is complex enough to design the DNA, is in himself incapable of being created, exists of His own volition and has no creator.
-
Moomoo
I know your brain cant reach that far.
Your brain foolishly assumes that God the creator of time, is within time.
Hence you foolishly think along this line.

How can the maker of a television be within the television?

The olodo doesn't know that someone who created the universe (time, space & matter) has to exist outside time.

NPComplete:

Yet you contradict yourself in the same vein by believing a less complex thing like the DNA must have an intelligent designer. See how foolish you are?
-
Oh no, it doesn't have an intelligent designer
The code wrote and compiled itself.
Just like windows and Facebook
Edioooort!

NPComplete:

Like I said, there is no proof for creation.

-arguments by repetition
What fools do

NPComplete:

We only have faith. If the complexity of the DNA alone is proof for its creation then it means the complexity of God is proof also that God was created.
You don't get to cherry-pick. Refuting one is ultimately refuting the other.
-
wrong
Dna exists in time, space
God exists outside of time and space
Your comparison is therefore between apple and air
Fallacy of false comparisons

You are so full of fallacies grin

NPComplete:

[s]I am 10 steps ahead of you and I have already thought about any argument your puny brain is even yet to conceive. I will slay u in your foolishness[/s].
Rubbish remainders
Everly as usual! grin
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by FELIX0M0R: 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
nwabekeyi:
I'm a scientist and I only accept facts
The best scientists in the history of human existence
Were religious people.

Why the ignorance?
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by NPComplete: 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
FELIX0M0R:

_ rubbish

-
Moomoo
I know your brain cant reach that far.
Your brain foolishly assumes that God the creator of time, is within time.
Hence you foolishly think along this line.

How can the maker of a television be within the television?

The olodo doesn't know that someone who created the universe (time, space & matter) has to exist outside time.

-
Oh no, it doesn't have an intelligent designer
The code wrote and compiled itself.
Just like windows and Facebook
Edioooort!

-arguments by repetition
What fools do

-
wrong
Dna exists in time, space
God exists outside of time and space
Your comparison is therefore between apple and air
Fallacy of false comparisons

You are so full of fallacies grin

Rubbish remainders
Everly as usual! grin

It is obvious you have elected to be a monkey today and every time I read your comment I feel like I have been infected by your foolishness and I might drop IQ points if care is not taken.
How do you know God exists outside of time? Where is your proof? Or you are just pulling untenable nonsense out of your backside just because you have run out of ideas? You are trying to prove your faith is fact by bringing up more of your faith as proof?

This gorilla no sabi think. I will not reply u again before people start thinking I am an idiot like u.
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by FELIX0M0R: 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
NPComplete:

[s]It is obvious you have elected to be a monkey today and every time I read your comment[/s]
Always starts with rubbish.

NPComplete:

I feel like I have been infected by your foolishness and I might drop IQ points if care is not taken.
Sorry
You CANT DROP WHAT U DONT HAVE cool

NPComplete:

How do you know God exists outside of time?
Simple
He created it.

NPComplete:

Where is your proof? Or you are just pulling untenable nonsense out of your backside just because you have run out of ideas? You are trying to prove your faith is fact by bringing up more of your faith as proof?
What type of proof do u want?
Visual or written evidence

NPComplete:

This gorilla no sabi think. I will not reply u again before people start thinking I am an idiot like u.
Abegi cop out grin
U were already an idioort since jor.
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by Gggg102(m): 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2018
nwabekeyi:
my eyes can prove that there is atom

so you can see atoms?
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 01, 2018
FELIX0M0R:

The best scientists in the history of human existence
Were religious people.

Why the ignorance?
you don't have to lie to make a point sir
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by FELIX0M0R: 11:22am On Oct 01, 2018
nwabekeyi:
you don't have to lie to make a point sir
The red vase seer is accusing me of lying....
Lol grin
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by xpmode(m): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2018
nwabekeyi:
This reply olaadegbu initial thread, asking atheist to prove that God doesn't exist.
The onus is on those who talk to him to prove it

Give me the evidence, that there is a vase on the counter. Then I will answer you.

You don't see God, but His manifest work exists among us beyond denial
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2018
xpmode:

Give me the evidence, that there is a vase on the counter. Then I will answer you.

You don't see God, but His manifest work exists among us beyond denial
because I can see it
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2018
FELIX0M0R:

The red vase seer is accusing me of lying....
Lol grin
you have no prove that the red vase isn't there.
Re: Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. by FELIX0M0R: 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2018
nwabekeyi:
you have no prove that the red vase isn't there.
* proof *

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Created *gods?* / Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear / The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.