Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,468 members, 7,812,431 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? (4536 Views)

Poll: Which Would You Attend?

Friend's Wedding: 28% (16 votes)
BoyFriends Get Together: 7% (4 votes)
Both: 64% (36 votes)
This poll has ended

Share Your Friend Zone Story. / What Is The Best Thing You Enjoy Doing Most With You Girlfriend Or Boyfriend? / 10 Advantages Of Not Having A Girlfriend or Boyfriend <PIX> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by berylLOL(f): 9:59pm On Jul 09, 2010
defn my frnd's wedding
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Pittbaby(f): 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2010
We're talking of a Boy/f here not a husband.

I know that my sarcastic point being she has her own husband , poster should be working on securing her own

Can't You see that the total planning and fixing of date isn't within Your influence?
Your Boy/f's birthday is his birthday, You can't do much about it.
It's either he agrees to postpone the party or not.

As for the Friend . . . . even if You were involved in the planning, You can't ask her to change the date, simply because it happens to be Your boyfriend's birthday.
At the end of the day, You still have to choose where to be.

Nope thats not the point I am making .

1. If your are close to your friend u will have been informed of the date well in advance , and would know it falls on the same dat as your BFs birthday.

2. If you are the One lady in BFs life you should be involved in planning his birthday so it should be understood that that there is a mutual agreement to postpone the Bday it is not by force that it must be on the day he was born , or you tell friend un will not be attending .

If none of the above are happening , you either failed to plan ahead or your relationship with one of the parties is not that strong .
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by lasgidi4rv: 11:36pm On Jul 09, 2010
If it is a real close friend, I will choose her wedding. I will try to convince him for both of us to attend together if possible. But if not make it up to him and celebrate together at another time.
You only get married hopefully once in a lifetime!!! On the other hand if she is a casual friend, I would most definately skip the wedding.
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by slimes(m): 10:12am On Jul 10, 2010
It is called plan. Everything starts with a plan. A friend close to you should have made known his Birthday before then so you just have to organize. It does no harm in attending one half way then going for the other unless, the events are not in the same city or state. Even at that, you can chose one and make known your presence by Telephone, e-mail, Video conferencing or webcam. You mustn't completely abandon one for the other.
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by TheBuilder: 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2010
Great gist.
But be financially empowered.
Join manaconnect.
www.manaconnect.com
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by mrofficial(m): 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2010
First, I'll go to the wedding and later come for the get together. That wedding na very important thing, chance for get together comes every year, but wedding is once in a life time.

Apart from oyinbo people wey dey divorce 10 times grin
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by agathamari(f): 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2010
the wedding comes first, it only happens the one time. you and your bf can plan a special weekend to make up for the differnt date
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by glt: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2010
I will plan ahead to attend both even if possible i'll attend the reception with my BF. my friend has already seen someone to hook up with & i must be careful not to loose mine cos she will be the first person to mock me. Since it's possible to plan the get together with my BF i can't leave my BF 4 another thing u know LOVE WAN TIN TIN,
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by underage(f): 10:59pm On Jul 12, 2010
why asking, did ur BF broke up with you for attending your friends weeding instead of his buffday?
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by zzilda: 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2010
weddings always come up mornings/afternoons even with the reception parties, and my boyfriend's birthday party will definitely be an evening/night thing. So i will go for both. wink But if the distances are two continents apart, undecided- we(my bf n I) would have talked about the possibility of postponing his to the next weekend or work out something else- i'll attend the wedding. My girl gets to be married just once in her life time

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Of The Dangers Of Sharing A Nude Photo. / Why Is It That Men Who Respect Women Are Mostly Single / Ever Wondered About Those Dimples On Your Lower Back? Here’s What They Indicate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.