Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,007 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria (33216 Views)

Abba Kyari's Burial: FCTA Reacts To Unprofessional Conduct At Gudu Cemetery / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria / Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Coronavirus Outbreak In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Partnerbiz(f): 8:12am On Sep 30, 2018
PrettySleek:
Lol! The same way people mistake gastroenteritis for typhoid fever. They have almost the same symptoms but typhoid is more severe. If a person has typhoid fever, the person would be too weak to talk or stand up or walk, it's really bad. I always laugh when I see a person walking, laughing and even pressing phone saying ' I have typhoid fever o' Lol if u get am, u no go know where you dey o

Doesn't gastroenteritis have to do with stomach isues?

Will it cause chills, fever too?

Those that may be unable to walk could be the severe typhoid cases.
What do u think?
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Partnerbiz(f): 8:15am On Sep 30, 2018
kmcutez:
I believe the guy. Physical activity raises your temperature, and the heat kills the plasmodium that causes malaria.

That is why anytime you become sick, you become very hot with a fever, but most people truncate the healing process by cooling their body when they get hot.

They also truncate the healing process by eating. If you notice when you get sick you lose your appetite. This is good because the body is diverting all available resources to fighting the invaders, but most people force themselves to eat thereby redirecting the body's resources to digestion, and the body has very little resources left to heal the body since digestion is very taxing on the system.

Most wild animals when they become sick, fast and get better without a doctor.

Interesting

Could u pls supply any empirical back up about the EATING and HEAT
i would want to learn more..
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Partnerbiz(f): 8:20am On Sep 30, 2018
Freiden:

I beg to differ.. I have had typhoid 3 times this year alone (due to the bad state of water in the new area I moved to). I do not engage in self medication. Each time of the 3, I have seen a doc and each time, I took a blood test to confirm what wrong with me and each of those tests confirmed I had typhoid. I have never in my life been too sick to walk, talk or press my phone, NEVER.. So, has the doc and the test results been deceiving me Or is gastroenteritis a less severe type of typhoid Going by the definition of gastroenteritis, what I felt each of those three times is nothing close to gastroenteritis.

I agree with you on the gastro definition part.

But all the tests could be deceiving you.

Most of those typhoid tests are widal tests and not reliable in most cases.

If you doubt it, go to same place and do the test now that you don't feel the symptoms, it will show positive typhoid.

You prolly get better after taking antibiotics prolly cos of other bacteria and the antibiotics took care of it.
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 30, 2018
Partnerbiz:

Interesting

Could u pls supply any empirical back up about the EATING and HEAT
i would want to learn more..

It's mostly write ups by alternative healing and testimonies by the sick patients. The pharmaceutical company will not put up such research because there is no money to be made. They are a multi billion dollar industry and are only interested in dispensing drugs and reaping massive profits, likewise the doctors.
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Hoodbilonia: 8:29am On Sep 30, 2018
odeh
make we go do hiv test together na
and see who go come out clean
murphyibiam15:

a HIV patient talking...he wants people to have HIV like him...HIV is the worst disease that affects the body physically and psychologically
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 30, 2018
murphyibiam15:

@the emboldened, malaria is not caused by a bacteria rather by a protozoan called plasmodium falciparium ,p. malariae, p.vivax etc...I don't expect u to know BC you all are ignorant just as the rest of the trash you wrote are misinformation laced in ignorance

even the fever caused by malaria is caused by the action of some chemokines like TNF-a and some plasmodium toxins that act on the hypothalamus and causing rise in temperature...

madam there is no difference between you and a barrow pusher...you both are ignoramuses grin grin

What is the function of the TNF in the body? Is that not part of the body's defense system?
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Partnerbiz(f): 8:44am On Sep 30, 2018
kmcutez:

It's mostly write ups by alternative healing and testimonies by the sick patients. The pharmaceutical company will not put up such research because there is no money to be made. They are a multi billion dollar industry and are only interested in dispensing drugs and reaping massive profits, likewise the doctors.

Okay, any link?
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 30, 2018
Partnerbiz:

Okay, any link?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-causes-a-fever/

Just use google to do your research.
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 30, 2018
murphyibiam15:

those are the bunch of illiterate Nigerians out there ...so pathetic

What causes a fever?

Peter Nalin, associate professor of clinical family medicine and director of the family practice residency program at Indiana University, explains.

The presence of a fever is usually related to stimulation of the body's immune response. Fever can support the immune system's attempt to gain advantage over infectious agents, such as viruses and bacteria, and it makes the body less favorable as a host for replicating viruses and bacteria, which are temperature sensitive.

The hypothalamus, which sits at the base of the brain, acts as the body's thermostat. It is triggered by floating biochemical substances called pyrogens, which flow from sites where the immune system has identified potential trouble to the hypothalamus via the bloodstream. Some pyrogens are produced by body tissue; many pathogens also produce pyrogens. When the hypothalamus detects them, it tells the body to generate and retain more heat, thus producing a fever. Children typically get higher and quicker fevers, reflecting the effects of the pyrogens upon an inexperienced immune system.

Should one eat little or nothing while feverish, as the saying "Feed a cold, starve a fever" suggests? Yes. The reasons for this are threefold. First, during fever, all the body's functions are occurring amidst increased physiologic stress. Provoking digestion during physiologic stress over stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system when the sympathetic nervous system is already active. Second, it is possible that the body could misinterpret some substances absorbed from the gut as allergens during a fever. Finally, excessive fever can, on rare occasions, cause seizures, collapse and delirium--all of which may be further complicated by recent eating.

Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 30, 2018
mamuzoOMAH:
comfortably sitting down to write nonsense. malaria isn't caused by any bacteria. continue doing physical and strenuous activities while you are sick and you end up killing yourself. and when you are sick, if you can force yourself to eat, your healing process becomes even faster as the antibodies have enough energy to fight against every foreign body including the plasmodium which causes malaria.

What causes a fever?

Peter Nalin, associate professor of clinical family medicine and director of the family practice residency program at Indiana University, explains.

The presence of a fever is usually related to stimulation of the body's immune response. Fever can support the immune system's attempt to gain advantage over infectious agents, such as viruses and bacteria, and it makes the body less favorable as a host for replicating viruses and bacteria, which are temperature sensitive.

The hypothalamus, which sits at the base of the brain, acts as the body's thermostat. It is triggered by floating biochemical substances called pyrogens, which flow from sites where the immune system has identified potential trouble to the hypothalamus via the bloodstream. Some pyrogens are produced by body tissue; many pathogens also produce pyrogens. When the hypothalamus detects them, it tells the body to generate and retain more heat, thus producing a fever. Children typically get higher and quicker fevers, reflecting the effects of the pyrogens upon an inexperienced immune system.

Should one eat little or nothing while feverish, as the saying "Feed a cold, starve a fever" suggests? Yes. The reasons for this are threefold. First, during fever, all the body's functions are occurring amidst increased physiologic stress. Provoking digestion during physiologic stress over stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system when the sympathetic nervous system is already active. Second, it is possible that the body could misinterpret some substances absorbed from the gut as allergens during a fever. Finally, excessive fever can, on rare occasions, cause seizures, collapse and delirium--all of which may be further complicated by recent eating.

Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 30, 2018
Sex is Life
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 30, 2018
Lol. O to iba danu. grin
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by adetwin(m): 10:41am On Sep 30, 2018
have done this before and I can say it True because the moment you come as in one kind heat go catch you like say u do deliverance .... and after u get enough strength plus hungry mood activated
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by BalogunIdowu(m): 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2018
You'll identify devils descent when you see one
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by OptimusMaximus: 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2018
Please tell them oh!!! And all these our roadside labs wey go just dey scam people sef...

PrettySleek:
Lol! The same way people mistake gastroenteritis for typhoid fever. They have almost the same symptoms but typhoid is more severe. If a person has typhoid fever, the person would be too weak to talk or stand up or walk, it's really bad. I always laugh when I see a person walking, laughing and even pressing phone saying ' I have typhoid fever o' Lol if u get am, u no go know where you dey o
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by flexs(m): 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
Doctor I don't know for u ooh, I noticed It also works for me too.maybe they need to conduct a research on that.
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by murphyibiam15(m): 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2018
onatisi:

You maybe right ,because the lady too said it that it was stress but the feverish feeling made me believe it was malaria . Maybe we need to know what are the physical symptoms of stress this may help us in knowing what we are experiencing each time. I also know he case of a basketballer who always goes to he basketball court anytime he has malaria symptoms,plays basketball a lot , sweat and at the end he is okay
malaria symptoms are akin to stress with symptoms of headache, joint aches, fever...but in malaria the fever is usually more in the evening and will certainly not go if antimalarial drugs are not taken no mata what..but in stress sth like sex which is a relaxant can make u be up and doing just Like doing any other exercise
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by murphyibiam15(m): 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2018
kmcutez:

What is the function of the TNF in the body? Is that not part of the body's defense system?
no doubt TNF-a is part of the body's defense system but its a typical pyretic chemokine that gives rise to the fever seen in inflammation of any sort
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by murphyibiam15(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2018
kmcutez:

That is how I said a few years back that sugar does not cause diabetes. I was almost crucified, but now doctors are coming out to say the same.

Very soon in a few years time, they will start giving the advice to increase starch and sugar to increase insulin sensitivity, and decrease fat when one has sugar issues.
sis I don't think there is any doctor that says sugar causes diabetes...is just the general public that has that false notion.
@the emboldened, you could be right its going to be possible in the near future if repeated laboratory studies finds the gain to be much more than the risk
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by murphyibiam15(m): 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2018
naijatatafo:
Sex is Life and hiv
yes you could be right
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by murphyibiam15(m): 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2018
Partnerbiz:

I agree with you on the gastro definition part.

But all the tests could be deceiving you.

Most of those typhoid tests are widal tests and not reliable in most cases.

If you doubt it, go to same place and do the test now that you don't feel the symptoms, it will show positive typhoid.

You prolly get better after taking antibiotics prolly cos of other bacteria and the antibiotics took care of it.
sure you're right..widal test isn't confirmatory for typhoid rather continues rising titre just gives a clue ...many people lump whatsoever that is happening to them under the guise of typhoid...what a misinformation
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by murphyibiam15(m): 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2018
Partnerbiz:

Doesn't gastroenteritis have to do with stomach isues?

Will it cause chills, fever too?

Those that may be unable to walk could be the severe typhoid cases.
What do u think?
gastroenteritis is inflammation of the stomach and/or the intestines and presents with classical features of fever, abdominal pain ,vomiting and/or diarrhea.. 90% of cases Nigerians refer to as typhoid is a clear gastroenteritis... not saying typhoid fever doesn't occur frequently but its well over exaggerated
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2018
murphyibiam15:

malaria symptoms are akin to stress with symptoms of headache, joint aches, fever...but in malaria the fever is usually more in the evening and will certainly not go if antimalarial drugs are not taken no mata what..but in stress sth like sex which is a relaxant can make u be up and doing just Like doing any other exercise

Sex or any other physical activity is not a relaxant. Sex uses up a lot of hormones which the body has to build up again after the act. That is why most people sleep after sex, to give the body time to build up its reserves. Having sex on an already stressed body is a recipe for disaster.

To combat stress, you need relaxation activities like sleeping, eating high sugar foods, reducing water intake and increasing salt intake, increasing magnesium intake to bring down the cortisol levels.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by mechanics(m): 2:01pm On Sep 30, 2018
hmmmm, rhetorics.
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by lilyheaven: 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
Akpacha:
Is it ur malaria? Some one said it cure him of malaria u are here speaking for him. Any babe with malaria and home alone can call for my serve. Super fine, clean babes alone.
Is good he corrected the impression, because many will want to try it.
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Akpacha(m): 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
lilyheaven:

as well many may try it and it might work for them. No harm in trying bro.
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by lilyheaven: 6:53pm On Sep 30, 2018
Akpacha:
as well many may try it and it might work for them. No harm in trying bro.
Lol
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Seunkings02(m): 11:16pm On Sep 30, 2018
lilyheaven:

Another victim
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by lilyheaven: 11:53pm On Sep 30, 2018
Seunkings02:

Another victim
Victim of what?
Please enumerate clearly
Re: Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria by Nobody: 1:23am On Jun 02, 2019
Overly thought out! Yup. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What If One Of My Breasts Is Bigger Than The Other? / Doctor Shares Emotional Letter He Received From Patient Before Her Passing / Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.