Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,371 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. (61967 Views)

Lockdown: Inter-state Travelling. Share Your Experience. / Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by BusinessHub1: 10:34am On Mar 12, 2019
Ndipe:
In all honesty, there is no place like home.
Story

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by AnthonyAk(m): 7:19pm On Apr 05, 2019
thinking of relocating to the US, Canadians are wayy to laid back , need a few years in the states either Cali or NY , but ideally any where on the east coast is better cause its closer to home.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by wildikeman(m): 8:55am On May 23, 2019
Amberon1:
Ist travel was Europe and it was a very very nice experience. The people loved Africans. They loved that we could speak their language ( even though not fluently). The place was very welcoming and they sometimes gave us free foodstuff at the market and free rides to wherever we were going. I remember one particular woman who welcomed me into her house when my electricity was out. I needed to charge my phone but my charging port wasn't really good. She tried all available sockets just to ensure it was charging. She then began gisting me (in their language) about all her kids who were now married and were in other countries. She gave me nice fruits and even made coffee for me to drink as it was Winter. That was the day I ate the best fruit known to man. That had to be the fruit Adam and Eve ate, it was heavenly.

School was so much fun too, friendly lecturers, friendly secretary. Good learning environment. No stress, no lecturer failing you unjustly. First day of snow we all went out, played in the snow for hours taking lovely pictures.

I remember the first day we went to school without a guide. We all stopped at the wrong train station, got lost, asked for directions but due to the language barrier we were given the wrong directions so we ended up at the American embassy instead. Going back home was even worse. On our way we were already lost not knowing what train station to alight when we met a Nigerian who claimed to have been there for long. He gave us wrong directions again and we ended up lost again. We then decided we trek until we see road signs that show we were going in the right direction. That was when one of my friends sighted a saloon where she had been to a few days earlier. It was owned by a Nigerian and she gave us the proper direction home.

I had many wonderful experiences including signing authographs because some of them had never seen black people before.

My experiences cannot contain even a whole book so I'll just stop here.

Second country was UAE.

It is when you leave this country that you'll realize that Nigeria is worse than hell fire.
what's the name of the European country you went to?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by wildikeman(m): 11:01am On May 24, 2019
I am writing an article titled “should/ will the whites come back?”. I ll publish it on here too. Nigeria is a ticking bomb, if not checked more than a quarter of the population may loose their lives.
i will love to read it.. Please update me when you publish it. Thanks
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by wildikeman(m): 11:30am On May 24, 2019
Rilwayne001:
I've never traveled out of the country, but I'm sure most people on this thread saying rubbish about this country are cankerworm. Fair enough, the country isn't doing well, but the exaggeration by these folks is obnoxious. Besides, I don't ever think there can be anywhere that can be better than home. As terrible as the country is, it is our home.

Your home... speak for yourself

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Didi2d(m): 12:32pm On May 24, 2019
Amberon1:
Ist travel was Europe and it was a very very nice experience. The people loved Africans. They loved that we could speak their language ( even though not fluently). The place was very welcoming and they sometimes gave us free foodstuff at the market and free rides to wherever we were going. I remember one particular woman who welcomed me into her house when my electricity was out. I needed to charge my phone but my charging port wasn't really good. She tried all available sockets just to ensure it was charging. She then began gisting me (in their language) about all her kids who were now married and were in other countries. She gave me nice fruits and even made coffee for me to drink as it was Winter. That was the day I ate the best fruit known to man. That had to be the fruit Adam and Eve ate, it was heavenly.

School was so much fun too, friendly lecturers, friendly secretary. Good learning environment. No stress, no lecturer failing you unjustly. First day of snow we all went out, played in the snow for hours taking lovely pictures.

I remember the first day we went to school without a guide. We all stopped at the wrong train station, got lost, asked for directions but due to the language barrier we were given the wrong directions so we ended up at the American embassy instead. Going back home was even worse. On our way we were already lost not knowing what train station to alight when we met a Nigerian who claimed to have been there for long. He gave us wrong directions again and we ended up lost again. We then decided we trek until we see road signs that show we were going in the right direction. That was when one of my friends sighted a saloon where she had been to a few days earlier. It was owned by a Nigerian and she gave us the proper direction home.

I had many wonderful experiences including signing authographs because some of them had never seen black people before.

My experiences cannot contain even a whole book so I'll just stop here.

Second country was UAE.

It is when you leave this country that you'll realize that Nigeria is worse than hell fire.

Please which country are you talking about, love to visit such a place
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Didi2d(m): 12:59pm On May 24, 2019
Can someone please help me, reading comments here makes my just want to cry. I have always loved to migrate, I have tried Canada and Germany didn't work out. Can someone please help advice me on what to do and also the best countries to migrate to.
I need help.

Presently a forklift operator
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Emmyblaqie: 1:47pm On May 24, 2019
kismo:
You can search for info on nairaland. Better still, you can contact me.I am an educational consultant. I will surely help you provided you have the required documents and fund. 080.38.50.55.85
Pls, I'd love to study and work in Australia, cn u put me thru wit d requirements? Undergraduate. Or cn I contact u. Tnx.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Torontoparrot(m): 9:57pm On May 26, 2019
have you heard about express entry ?
Didi2d:
Can someone please help me, reading comments here makes my just want to cry. I have always loved to migrate, I have tried Canada and Germany didn't work out. Can someone please help advice me on what to do and also the best countries to migrate to.
I need help.

Presently a forklift operator
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Didi2d(m): 9:20am On May 27, 2019
Torontoparrot:
have you heard about express entry ?

Yes sir, just don't know how to go about it
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Olalekank(m): 9:39am On May 27, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Torontoparrot(m): 8:14pm On May 30, 2019
read up about express entry right here on nairaland , you will be more equipped in no distant time
Didi2d:

Yes sir, just don't know how to go about it
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by nlPoster: 11:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
Omololu001:
The first country I visited was south Africa

When I got to Johannesburg in 2009,i almost cried,cause I do think Nigeria is more developed than south Africa sad in fact I thought other African countries are more worst than Nigeria.

Haha @ bolded.

Perhaps you watched District 9 before and drew conclusions.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by nlPoster: 11:58pm On Sep 29, 2019
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by nlPoster: 12:13am On Sep 30, 2019
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Chisom112: 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
lokoloko84:
Bro,pardon me for asking this question.I am a pharmacist here in Nigeria but looking forward to do my MSC in a specialized course in pharmacy preferably outside the country.
Though, I have not thought about Brazil until I read this piece of yours. Can you give me a piece of information about good Universities offering pharmacy courses in Brazil where I can enroll for MSC and with the opportunity to live and work after my degree.
Thanks.
Please bro did you later get any tangible info

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport / Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) / Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.