Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. (62013 Views)

Lockdown: Inter-state Travelling. Share Your Experience. / Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Temple1288(m): 11:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
embarassed Australia and Germany. Life in Aussie is so cheap dan Germany. Tin ate so expensive in Germany biko Next destination ............. Amelika afta dat corn hair man don comot.

Wait till the next 7yrs then

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Ssalk: 11:16pm On Sep 30, 2018
Where will I start from? Well born in Naija but I have travel alot.

Africa
I have been to republic of Niger what I see there is suffering. I have been To Algiers, Constantine and Oran all in Algeria. They should be best address as europeans cos the place is well planned and neat. I have been to Ghana, Benin republic, Togo and Ivory coast.

Europe.
I have been to Paris France and Monaco, I have been to Milano, Rome and Torino all in Italy, I live in Geneva and Zurich in Switzerland as well as Warsaw in Poland. In addition I visited Frankfurt and Munich in Germany and spend couple of days in Norway.

America
I did my Master in California U.S.A, and visited other couple if cities in U.Sa. I have also been to Cacun In Mexico.

Asia.
Spend my 2010 holiday in Kualar Lumpur in Malaysia.

Middle East.

Qatar.

Life in U.S.A is ok but you are mostly on your own as every body is always busy. Man gat to pay bills you know.
Swiss life is very cool but expensive . You better avoid anything that will land you into police trouble.

Polish life is cheap but no much work but their girls are very pretty

All these countries except Niger republic, Benin and Togo are all better than Nigeria 1000percent.

Thank you.

24 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Temple1288(m): 11:20pm On Sep 30, 2018
SirLakes:
Wanna hear from amelika pipu

Well I live in the Southend of Amelika, Mississippi (A whole lot of people who adore the Confederate flag) to be precise. Bro it's not expensive here in Mississippi due to how poor the State is compared to most 'Yankee' States. My journey out of Nigeria started here on Nairaland!

To cut it short. Nigeria has no future!

To add to it, I'd be getting married soon. By January!
Right now I'm thinking of how to move my entire village to this place.

28 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by 9ja083: 11:20pm On Sep 30, 2018
I remember when I was in sec. sch. After long vacation, some students will come back and show pictures of countries they travelled to. So One day, I decided not to play last. I watched this programe UK today, studied the streets and told them after holidays that i visited UK. lol. And tey belived me.
but now, if you dont like it in my village 4get it

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by VULCAN(m): 11:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
I have never eaten baked beans but I am sure it is not as good as ewa goin!

grin grin grin

Some people just cannot mind their own business.

His house is on fire but he won't leave because it is his home. Daft

Rilwayne001:
I've never traveled out of the country, but I'm sure most people on this thread saying rubbish about this country are cankerworm. Fair enough, the country isn't doing well, but the exaggeration by these folks is obnoxious. Besides, I don't ever think there can be anywhere that can be better than home. As terrible as the country is, it is our home.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by lightwind(m): 11:29pm On Sep 30, 2018
I had loved to be in Australia or Sweden.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ssalk:
Where will I start from? Well born in Naija but I have travel alot.

Africa
I have been to republic of Niger what I see there is suffering. I have been To Algiers, Constantine and Oran all in Algeria. They should be best address as europeans cos the place is well planned and neat. I have been to Ghana, Benin republic, Togo and Ivory coast.

Europe.
I have been to Paris France and Monaco, I have been to Milano, Rome and Torino all in Italy, I live in Geneva and Zurich in Switzerland as well as Warsaw in Poland. In addition I visited Frankfurt and Munich in Germany and spend couple of days in Norway.

America
I did my Master in California U.S.A, and visited other couple if cities in U.Sa. I have also been to Cacun In Mexico.

Asia.
Spend my 2010 holiday in Kualar Lumpur in Malaysia.

Middle East.

Qatar.

Life in U.S.A is ok but you are mostly on your own as every body is always busy. Man gat to pay bills you know.
Swiss life is very cool but expensive . You better avoid anything that will land you into police trouble.

Polish life is cheap but no much work but their girls are very pretty

All these countries except Niger republic, Benin and Togo are all better than Nigeria 1000percent.

Thank you.

Polish girls? Do they do Blacks?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by babeosisi: 11:32pm On Sep 30, 2018
XaintJoel20:

Where do you live

Thanks.

The US

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by XOGBADO(m): 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
bigpicture001:
....gas is cheaper in naija..just 1,500 for 5kg nd u won't finish it in one month, so say another thing my brother

My chief, 5kg is 2k in owerri & they might end up not filling it

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Adieza(m): 11:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
I am currently in Monrovia, The Cost of living here is high. There's law and order here, There's much poverty. Nigeria controls their Auto Parts Shops. Lebanese and Chinese controls shops and other malls. The hotel here is Hugh.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Omololu001: 11:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

The only places worse than Niggeria are countries like Somalia, Yemen and maybe the Gaza strip
grin
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by sacajawea: 11:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
9ja083:
Nigeria is only good for the rich. If you are rich in Nigeria, you only travel out of the country for relaxation or holidays. grin
If you doubt it ask our politicians. grin
They make their money and convert their street and apartment into the America you see on TV.
I've been to a House where Remote Control is used to Open Curtains. How with which Light? there is Solar Power as well as Transformer for their House

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Omololu001: 11:44pm On Sep 30, 2018
lefulefu:
2,500? Is dat in naira? In some parts of naija here to fill up a gas cylinder is 4500 naira.
I converted it to naira,naija gas dey finish,but here gas no dey finish o...so far you don pay the fix amount, if you like use gas wey worth 20k,nah you sabi.

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by coputa(m): 11:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
FriendNG:
I have travelled to 196 out of 197. The only country I have not travelled to is نيجيريا

Which figure of speech is this
They said you should share your experience.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Tbanks01(m): 11:51pm On Sep 30, 2018
FriendNG:
I have travelled to 196 out of 197. The only country I have not travelled to is نيجيريا

Which figure of speech is this
Lol�� bad guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by uyiekpenn(m): 12:04am On Oct 01, 2018
9ja083:

Abeg, are they frying dollar for free in all these places?
am not looking at the countries you travelled to but the amount of money spent for these tickets alone can make you live like a very big politician in Nigeria. that is if you know your onion. grin
you really tried
Hahaha. They don't fry dollars there Monsieur. I went to most of the aforementioned countries as a volunteer. I did a lot of volunteering during my undergrad days. Majority of the countries do not require a visa while in some cases you get a visa on arrival.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Badgers14: 12:07am On Oct 01, 2018
Funnicator:

Want to do my postgraduate in pharmacy.

Thinking of Canada, Aussie or US.

You've well spent good time in three of them.

How can you assess them on cost of living, job availability, standard of living, ability to find pharmacy jobs, hot chicks, racism.

Pharmacy is a hot job regardless of the country you reside( maybe except Nigeria...lol).

In the U.S licensure varies by state. So you pick out the state you want to domicile and check out the website of their pharmacy board. Salary wise, it varies depending on the industry you want to dive in.

A friend once told me that Walgreens start their pharmacist at 80k and this was like in 2014 I believe.

And the salary will be similar between Canada, Australia and the U.S.

Cost of living, it depends on where you decide to stay, in the U.S, west coast and East coast have higher cost of living.

I find Canada to be expensive tho, their taxes are too high for my liking but I am reliably informed that their high taxes are needed because of their single payer healthcare system. But living in the U.S and visiting Canada, I grumble anytime I am purchasing sth.

Maybe I would enjoy Canada better if I was a Canadian or a resident because I would enjoy the amenities provided with the higher taxes.

I like Australia, it seems cool and the politics is not deeply divided like in the U.S (in my view) and Australia dollar is Higher than both canadian and American dollar.

As for Chicks, every country have both good, bad and ugly and remember beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

One more thing, if you plan going to Quebec or Montreal... Berra learn french. It will come in handy.

Australia, things are a bit expensive as well, remember Australia is in it's own continent surrounded by smaller countries, the biggest neighbor by GDP is New Zealand.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by uyiekpenn(m): 12:07am On Oct 01, 2018
Funnicator:

Planning to do a postgraduate study in Canada or Aussie. Intend to settle there and work after graduation.

You've spent time in both countries. Can you assess?

Cost of living, racism, job availability, better chicks.
both countries are good and offer quality standard of living. Opportunities are abound in both countries. The only difference between Canada and Oz is that one is way colder and the other is way hotter. One is farther and the other is not.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Newboss(m): 12:09am On Oct 01, 2018
Amberon1:
Blessed in what exactly.... poverty?
He's being sarcastic angry

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by uyiekpenn(m): 12:09am On Oct 01, 2018
hustla:

Why did you move to Australia though?
got a better offer and I feel in love with the culture when I went there for the first time. Australia pays more than Canada but things are way more expensive in Oz than Canada

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 01, 2018
Badgers14:

Pharmacy is a hot job regardless of the country you reside( maybe except Nigeria...lol).

In the U.S licensure varies by state. So you pick out the state you want to domicile and check out the website of their pharmacy board. Salary wise, it varies depending on the industry you want to dive in.

A friend once told me that Walgreens start their pharmacist at 80k and this was like in 2014 I believe.

Cost of living, it depends on where you decide to stay, in the U.S, west coast and East coast have higher cost of living.

I find Canada to be expensive tho, their taxes are too high for my liking but I am reliably informed that their high taxes are needed because of their single payer healthcare system. But living in the U.S and visiting Canada, I grumble anytime I am purchasing sth.

Maybe I would enjoy Canada better if I was a Canadian or a resident because I would enjoy the amenities provided with the higher taxes.

I like Australia, it seems cool and the politics is not deeply divided like in the U.S (in my view) and Australia dollar is Higher than both canadian and American dollar.

As for Chicks, every country have both good, bad and ugly and remember beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

One more thing, if you plan going to Quebec or Montreal... Berra learn french. It will come in handy.

80k at Walgreen. As in 80 thousand US Dollars for a year? shocked
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Badgers14: 12:15am On Oct 01, 2018
Funnicator:

80k at Walgreen. As in 80 thousand US Dollars for a year? shocked

Yes, $80k per year.

I dont know what the rate is now. Remember lots of this professional jobs, your pay depends on your experience.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Walgreens-Pharmacist-Salaries-E716_D_KO10,20.htm
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by CyberWolf: 12:15am On Oct 01, 2018
Amberon1:
Ist travel was Europe and it was a very very nice experience. The people loved Africans. They loved that we could speak their language ( even though not fluently). The place was very welcoming and they sometimes gave us free foodstuff at the market and free rides to wherever we were going. I remember one particular woman who welcomed me into her house when my electricity was out. I needed to charge my phone but my charging port wasn't really good. She tried all available sockets just to ensure it was charging. She then began gisting me (in their language) about all her kids who were now married and were in other countries. She gave me nice fruits and even made coffee for me to drink as it was Winter. That was the day I ate the best fruit known to man. That had to be the fruit Adam and Eve ate, it was heavenly.

School was so much fun too, friendly lecturers, friendly secretary. Good learning environment. No stress, no lecturer failing you unjustly. First day of snow we all went out, played in the snow for hours taking lovely pictures.

I remember the first day we went to school without a guide. We all stopped at the wrong train station, got lost, asked for directions but due to the language barrier we were given the wrong directions so we ended up at the American embassy instead. Going back home was even worse. On our way we were already lost not knowing what train station to alight when we met a Nigerian who claimed to have been there for long. He gave us wrong directions again and we ended up lost again. We then decided we trek until we see road signs that show we were going in the right direction. That was when one of my friends sighted a saloon where she had been to a few days earlier. It was owned by a Nigerian and she gave us the proper direction home.

I had many wonderful experiences including signing authographs because some of them had never seen black people before.

My experiences cannot contain even a whole book so I'll just stop here.

Second country was UAE.

It is when you leave this country that you'll realize that Nigeria is worse than hell fire.
You wrote your first epistle without mentioning the country.. Tyical of Nigerian mentality, very egoistic without nothing to show for it.. smh

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 01, 2018
Badgers14:

Australia, things are a bit expensive as well, remember Australia is in it's own continent surrounded by smaller countries, the biggest neighbor by GDP is New Zealand.

NAH just googled.

USD at black market is at about N365.

Aussi and Canadian Dollar stand around N265.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Badgers14: 12:20am On Oct 01, 2018
Funnicator:

NAH just googled.

USD at black market is at about N365.

Aussi and Canadian Dollar stand around N265.

https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=AUD
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Ndipe(m): 12:24am On Oct 01, 2018
My experience in the US, from my observation, the government really do care about the welfare of their citizens.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by mctowel01: 12:27am On Oct 01, 2018
I havent been to any other foreign country other than australia and I ve been living here for over a year now. Life here is generally good and independent. Very conservative, pretty mild racism-compared to what our brothers go through in Europe. What more? I can assure you that here, it is very easy for someone who grew up in nigeria to live a decent life. here. As usual, basic amenities are there to standards and what I love most about here is the fact that the LAW works. I am rest assured that contractual aggreements are usually honored, espescially when compared to nigeria where you get duped and still get the response " shine your eyes next time". Safety is taken very seriously here. Just recently, I heard in the news where bones were found in a bush (unsure whether its human bones)- a thorough police investivation was conducted- and I thought about my country where even real open deaths get swept under the carpet.

Well, no place like home, but with the level of thinking of nigerians I see on nairaland and other social media, I definitely do not want to go back

12 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by don4real18(m): 12:29am On Oct 01, 2018
bigpicture001:
....gas is cheaper in naija..just 1,500 for 5kg nd u won't finish it in one month, so say another thing my brother
His own is a flat rate so his own is better... It depends on how much you cook

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by 2Mekus: 12:37am On Oct 01, 2018
I am currently in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire. Believe me, if it is possible for me to move over my family, I will do that and renounce Nigerian nationality for ever. The country is not as developed as Nigeria, yet the serenity and peaceful atmosphere is alluring. Here public power supply never blinks. Water is 24/7. Ever since I came here 5 months ago, I have never heard of any incident of armed robbery. Just the usual pick pocketers that is normal in populated cities.
But being a Nigerian outside the shores has its stigma following one like tse-tse fly. Security officials take unusual interests in you wherever you go. It is the only handicap.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:49am On Oct 01, 2018
uyiekpenn:
Had my undergrad in the University of Manitoba. Lived in Winnipeg all throughout my stay in Canada before moving to Australia (where I am currently) in 2015. Been to New Zealand (neighbors to Australia) , USA (neighbors to Canada. Minnesota, New York and California to be precise), South Africa, Papua New Guinea, Germany, France, Belgium, Portugal, Spain, Cote d'ivoire, Togo, Benin, Niger, Mali, Chad, Cameroon, Morocco, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, UAE and Burkina Faso. Been on transit to other countries too
is it better than naija?
Answer now.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Badgers14: 12:53am On Oct 01, 2018
Temple1288:

Well I live in the Southend of Amelika, Mississippi (A whole lot of people who adore the Confederate flag) to be precise. Bro it's not expensive here in Mississippi due to how poor the State is compared to most 'Yankee' States. My journey out of Nigeria started here on Nairaland!

To cut it short. Nigeria has no future!

To add to it, I'd be getting married soon. By January!
Right now I'm thinking of how to move my entire village to this place.

Mississippi ? anyone flying the Confederate flag scares me grin but I took my family to Biloxi back in July. Nice place but I dont plan on ever living down south ( maybe Texas).

It's all good tho

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures) / 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now / Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.