Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. (62015 Views)

Lockdown: Inter-state Travelling. Share Your Experience. / Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Funnyguy83: 7:12am On Oct 01, 2018
fk001:

Dad naka na aiki a embassy ne?
Gaskia ! Ya tafia sosei !
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Slimzain: 7:13am On Oct 01, 2018
France (Paris twice)Dubai twice, United Kingdom 2018( London, Surrey, Birmingham, Rugby, Manchester, Alton, Aldershot,etc) and cameroon 2016.

Nigeria is in darkness. Most people have been brainwashed because of the poverty in the land.

I'm sorry but Naija as a country is poor. Do you think most of the people who deny Naija as there country like that? But, when you get outside the country and they see your green passport as the poverty and corruption ID, then you start to rethink.

Lots of things to be said of the countries I have visited. Until you see for yourself.

Relocating to a developed country is the best of decision most of the time.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by judondasylva(m): 7:21am On Oct 01, 2018
I have been to Ghana, Ivory Coast, Togo, Gambia in Africa then in Asia I have been to Singapore, Hong Kong, maleysia, Qater and now I live in Indonesia I must tell you that those African countries I mentioned do enjoy 24hours power supply and are more developed than Nigeria but they are not as wise and civilized as Nigerians. Those people only have good governance but their people are too timid and naiv.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Slimzain: 7:23am On Oct 01, 2018
9JAFULLBREED:

grin grin THIS ONE NAH LIE! Which condo you dey pay fixed amount monthly for GAS and use GAS anyhow u like? Why telling lies bruh?

Is it that hard to be honest with your comment?

Some people can lie sha grin

He might be right. It could be an arrangement like a contract. The contract term is common in Europe too. UK, Germany, France infact all Schengen. For instance, you don't buy data like we do here. They call it broadband and it's unlimited. So far you pay the minimum required, you have access to unlimited internet. If you like use 80Gigabyte per day. It will remain valid and you remain connected till end of your contract.

That's why we use free wi-fi on public coaches, gym, stores and malls, eateries, train stations, bus stops and lots of places.

Don't argue please at least visit any European country within schengen or the United kingdom. I was in France again and UK this year. So all is from experience.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by nitrogen(m): 7:35am On Oct 01, 2018
Mehn, I need to relocate o!

I have been to South Africa, Mauritius, Morroco, Qatar, the UK (London and Manchester), Ghana, Togo, Benin Republic.

Life is good in the first six countries listed above, really cant move to Togo and Benin.

Will be visiting more countries anytime soon, I would however try to relocate (with my family) ASAP. Maybe Dubai and subsequently Canada or the UK. Nothing is going to change my mind except I get a job that will pay me well (say 150k dollars per year). cool

Am done with this Country.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by AirstarKane(f): 7:43am On Oct 01, 2018
Amberon1:

please, which country? Ist travel was Europe and it was a very very nice experience. The people loved Africans. They loved that we could speak their language ( even though not fluently). The place was very welcoming and they sometimes gave us free foodstuff at the market and free rides to wherever we were going. I remember one particular woman who welcomed me into her house when my electricity was out. I needed to charge my phone but my charging port wasn't really good. She tried all available sockets just to ensure it was charging. She then began gisting me (in their language) about all her kids who were now married and were in other countries. She gave me nice fruits and even made coffee for me to drink as it was Winter. That was the day I ate the best fruit known to man. That had to be the fruit Adam and Eve ate, it was heavenly.

School was so much fun too, friendly lecturers, friendly secretary. Good learning environment. No stress, no lecturer failing you unjustly. First day of snow we all went out, played in the snow for hours taking lovely pictures.

I remember the first day we went to school without a guide. We all stopped at the wrong train station, got lost, asked for directions but due to the language barrier we were given the wrong directions so we ended up at the American embassy instead. Going back home was even worse. On our way we were already lost not knowing what train station to alight when we met a Nigerian who claimed to have been there for long. He gave us wrong directions again and we ended up lost again. We then decided we trek until we see road signs that show we were going in the right direction. That was when one of my friends sighted a saloon where she had been to a few days earlier. It was owned by a Nigerian and she gave us the proper direction home.

I had many wonderful experiences including signing authographs because some of them had never seen black people before.

My experiences cannot contain even a whole book so I'll just stop here.

Second country was UAE.

It is when you leave this country that you'll realize that Nigeria is worse than hell fire.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by NotBeenPaid: 7:44am On Oct 01, 2018

I've never followed a thread as lengthy as this before like I just did with this one now.

Literally, I'm heart broken and tire of this country. I've worked my ass out night and day just to be able to live up to expectation and still nothing to show for it.

I must leave this country by fire or by force and when I do, I'll never look back.

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by freecocoa(f): 8:08am On Oct 01, 2018
This thread really makes me sad to the point I feel my eyes watering. Anyone trying to defend Nigeria by saying ‘it isn’t so bad’ is only lying to themself, a country where you can’t boast of complete 5 hours power supply in a day, what am I even saying? Some placed haven’t seen power in months, a country where people die for lack of police report for proper medical attention, a country where it’s leaders travel to other countries for medical care, a country where you have no emergency response unit for whatever, a country where you get laughed at for being duped or stolen from, heck! You get blamed and called a mugu for being a victim of a corrupt system, I feel very sad honestly especially today, and someone will telll me happy independence? May that independence kee you there, nonsense!

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Ugosample(m): 8:19am On Oct 01, 2018
LarryBee1k:

Nigeria will reach there one day.
which day?
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by olajide21: 8:21am On Oct 01, 2018
FriendNG:
I have travelled to 196 out of 197. The only country I have not travelled to is نيجيريا

Which figure of speech is this

Ìrótopea. In other words lietopea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Temple1288(m): 8:22am On Oct 01, 2018
Badgers14:

Mississippi ? anyone flying the Confederate flag scares me grin but I took my family to Biloxi back in July. Nice place but I dont plan on ever living down south ( maybe Texas).

It's all good tho

Lol! Most are them are radicals, and sometimes racists. But I came to this place via the help of a core believer of Confederacy..
They treated fine, got me introduced to how things worked out here. Thru them I got to know the person I'm planning to marry. I lived in Jackson at first before moving to Hattiesburg. Life in the South is sweet tho not like life in the North!
One thing I noticed when I arrived was that they spoke English similar to the British English.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by IstandWitBuhari: 8:23am On Oct 01, 2018
izombie:
life in joburg and SA is very fine. Yes there are jobs for professionals. If you ace your studies,companies will want to hire you even before you finish your schooling. The roads are top class,24hrs power supply,environment is clean. Fact is, until you come to south africa, you won't rsalise that the only difference between SA and countries like germany or france is that there are millions of black people in SA. I work is SA and also studying law right now. There are thousands of nigerian professionals here in SA like doctors,nurses, engineers etc.

thanks Bro. for the information, please which school are you?
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Contumely: 8:33am On Oct 01, 2018
Krucifax:
Countries I've been to include:
U.S
Canada
France
Germany
Holland
Thailand
Ghana
A few other countries( via transit so doesn't count)
U.K where I live currently and Naija (Obviously).

Generally what most people have already said is true. Nigeria is generally speaking the worse location of all of them. There's no denying or lying about it.
Nigeria is in most considerations of comparison just worse. And it's not just Nigeria but Nigerians.
It's hard to explain till you have travelled and spent at least 1 month abroad.

Nigerians are very different from most human beings on the planet. Most of our qualities are negative ones. That's why most people are wary of Nigerians.
What we do have is strong will,resilience and toughness. We are also very ambitious people. The only problem is that the ambition is chased by most to the detriment of others and their environment.

To put it another way 90% of the world's population would refuse to come and live in Nigeria if given the opportunity. While I'll argue that 90% of Nigerians would leave Nigeria if given the opportunity.

Having said all that though I speak from a position of previlege having been born in the UK myself. I appreciate not every family have the opportunity. If that is the case I'd say do your best and work hard.
Find a skill set or trade that isn't entirely dependent on government or employer support and slowly build yourself.
Despite all the flaws ,I still want to return to Nigeria and even have property back home. Because home is where the heart is despite all the dollars or pounds. That's something only time and experience can teach you.

So what do u like abt nigeria despite the ills?
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Dex4(m): 8:34am On Oct 01, 2018
With that population ratio, we are simply in deep shit!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Temple1288(m): 8:34am On Oct 01, 2018
lightwind:
I had loved to be in Australia or Sweden.
There embassy is there in Abuja or Lagos
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Temple1288(m): 8:34am On Oct 01, 2018
Dex4:
With that population ratio, we are simply in deep shit!

[q1uote author=EVILFOREST post=71671240] grin grin
Do you mean LIFE outside the BIBLICAL HELL....?
Please for your Information, Nigeria shouldn’t be compared to AUSTRALIA, CANADA, USA, NORWAY, SWITZERLAND, UK...not even Sweden, China, Japan etc because it will be a sin to do so.

Compare Nigeria to countries that KICK STARTED with us same time.
Countries like Ghana, South Africa, Malaysia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Seychelles, Cape Verde, Namibia.

In summary, ALASKA a state in the US is bigger than Nigeria....meanwhile the population of the US is 310 million while ours is 180million.
Are we not blessed...?? grin

Oya Nigeria vs Singapore=
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by tym92(m): 8:40am On Oct 01, 2018
sholay2011:

Smh

I was also like this until I arrived Canada. grin
happy new month bro..
pls, can I send you mail in order to enquire on some things as regard to migrating to Canada?
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by IbrahimDamola: 8:46am On Oct 01, 2018
Anybody who wants nigeria to remain one country is sick in the head. He or she is very mad but have no one to tell him/her.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Ugosample(m): 8:48am On Oct 01, 2018
Rilwayne001:
I've never traveled out of the country, but I'm sure most people on this thread saying rubbish about this country are cankerworm. Fair enough, the country isn't doing well, but the exaggeration by these folks is obnoxious. Besides, I don't ever think there can be anywhere that can be better than home. As terrible as the country is, it is our home.

Nigeria is a big joke

A trip abroad will convince you

You people should continue shouting sai baba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by akaahs(m): 8:49am On Oct 01, 2018
Omololu001:
I've been to a lot of west and southern African countries. Though I love Africa but life is so good in Malaysia and Australia.

Where I live in Kuala Lumpur, I do pay just #2,500 for gas every month,you will use gas any how you want,and at the end of the month,nah just #2,500 grin

Walahi we dey suffer gidi gan for Nigeria.
Bros abeg, what's the procedures to Malaysia ??
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by lollmaolol(m): 8:49am On Oct 01, 2018
wunmi590:

Honestly, it is so bad, and at that amount thousand of graduate would still be begging and praying to have that amount as salary.

Very true
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Ugosample(m): 8:59am On Oct 01, 2018
9ja083:
Nigeria is only good for the rich. If you are rich in Nigeria, you only travel out of the country for relaxation or holidays. grin
If you doubt it ask our politicians. grin
They make their money and convert their street and apartment into the America you see on TV.

is it the mediocre places you think are "posh" areas in Nigeria you want to compare with elsewhere?

Compare the highbrow areas of Nigeria with highbrow areas elsewhere and you would know that Nigeria is still a joke for the rich grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by iammo(m): 8:59am On Oct 01, 2018
Shortyy:

You're not my God.
don't mind the rude punk... am heading to your blog right away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 01, 2018
Kristina22:
Brazil.

Stayed there for a year. Electricity, good roads, functional transportation system. Brazil has it all. Nigeria does not even come close. However, the rate of violence was something I never prepared myself for. Never in my life, not even in Nigeria did I fear for my life until I got there. On one occasion, thieves shot at us.

Also, the racism was something else. There was a sort of segregation in the classroom. Anyway, mine was still child's play compared to what some of my colleagues experienced.

I won't even consider living there. A colleague said Brasil is the closest place to hell. I totally agree.

Ah, did I forget the LGBT crew. Remember the first time I saw two guys kissing in the bus without a care. My reaction was something I won't forget grin

U screamed abi? Maybe I should go there and marry a girl
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Amberon1: 9:04am On Oct 01, 2018
Lol, I used to miss my way every other day.
You're even trying.
MajorJeffery:
I'm struggling with the air I breathe here, so polluted. I've missed my way twice now because I find it hard to perfect my Korean language over the years. Damn, you hardly see anything written in English. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Shortyy(f): 9:06am On Oct 01, 2018
iammo:

don't mind the rude punk... am heading to your blog right away.

Thank you and God bless you

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Amberon1: 9:07am On Oct 01, 2018
That is not the purpose of this thread sir,
You people never seize to show your hatred for Christianity.
ednut1:
I wondered why most of the churches in uk were under lock and key. Some converted to other uses. Still yet dem dey progress ,give jobless and low income benefits. While in my country church and mosque full am bt the pple are still evil and wicked
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by MetroBaba1(m): 9:09am On Oct 01, 2018
bayocanny:

bro abeg wait for me

Do You Need a Nigerian Visa To Apply For An European Visa? Abeg, Make Una Clear Me
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 01, 2018
mmadu5:
even people wey never travel b4 everybody want show their self .
Change ur mindset. This mind setvwill make u stangnant in life. Jealous head.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Amberon1: 9:13am On Oct 01, 2018
It is normal to move to a different country there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Most of my friends I first travelled with are all in different countries now.
yemiosinbajo:

Ajala, so, you've been in SA for over 3 years and you're still planning to jump to another zone. When you reach there, you will jump elsewhere again. Instead of you to ask your village people where they kept your goals so you can go grab once and for all, you keep jumping from place to place searching for goals that are not lost. At your age, your mates don already dey settle down for one place, you still dey jump upandan
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by alhassanyusuf29(m): 9:14am On Oct 01, 2018
hahahaha I don't even know where to start from, it will probably take me all day, that's why I didn't bother
Oyindidi:
Share your experience oga. If na exam, you for get f9
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by alhassanyusuf29(m): 9:14am On Oct 01, 2018
Yah
FriendNG:

All thses 1s kaikadai? Then you're not a Nigerian rather Congolese. I suggest your popsi is a staff of the ministry of foreign affairs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now / Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures) / Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.