Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,362 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls (25769 Views)

James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies / Africa Report: Chimamanda Adichie Is 4th In 100 Most Influential Africans List / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by CaptainG00D: 4:01pm On Oct 04, 2018
amarachi06:

I don't follow blindly but using a known personality to drive a point is what we "woman b*tching each other" Have you ever seen Chiamanda criticizing our leaders to make a point?

People like u still give me reason, that there is hope for future..
95% of nairalanders are just dummies
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Airforce01(m): 4:02pm On Oct 04, 2018
freecocoa:
I’m not one to look down on people but you, Airforce1 is beneath me, so I shouldn’t degrade myself to the point of actually engaging you, every reasonable person on this forum knows you are the lowest of the lows, so why should I bother with you? Oh! Please move to the left already, you are an eyesore.

You're not the one to look down on anyone , but you're so quick to hurl insult at your fellow woman airing her opinion

You're a bittered soul .

I doubt if you've ever been happy even with all the wealths in the world you think you have .

Ain't you over 30yrs of age?

Money can't buy you a husband you know cheesy cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by freecocoa(f): 4:04pm On Oct 04, 2018
CaptainG00D:

Pls don't mind those fools 90% of nairalanders are totally dumb who follow crowd.

As far as I'm concerned Amanda has done nothing wrong, they are only jealous of what she has achieved..
This is a lady who has pit the country on a world map but all she got as a payback was name calling.

Well it's left for few proper thinking people like us to defend her.

KUDOS TO U.. kiss
I’ve tried really hard to understand why it’s so hard for these idiots to see how Amanda only wants what’s best for women and I dare say everyone alike, just what is wrong in being fair? And to think women are part of the crowd screaming “crucify her” I swear sometimes I ashamed to be associated with so many Nigerians, they are nothing but a bunch of disgrace.

4 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by yvelchstores(f): 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
vingeophysicist:
who know you even in your family. MY dear you are just jealous.if you think is easy to be globally recognize for doing something while not create your own brand and see where that leads you.
ok
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by contigiency(m): 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
Xisnin:
Fortunately, this coward presidential aspirant won't get a single vote even from the people who agree with her.
If she considers Adichie an extremist why is she even contesting for a leadership position when she should be at home tending
to her family?

Adichie is in good company because:
Abolitionist were called extremists.
Even Mandela was declared a terrorist.

She is an "aspirant" but has neither policy nor plans so it is not a surprise she chose trolling as a campaign strategy.
I will be expecting her bleaching cream advert after the election.

Look at how empty you are sounding. did she say that as a woman you can not aspire for political or any other positions? Though she did not mention the specific area where she disagree with the chimamanda, but the area most people have disagreed with her has been the aspect of attending to household chores. Chimamanda does not believe that nature and God has assigned specific duties to women and some to men. she believes in equal rights and qualities for both genders in and outside the home. Which is not true. I doubt if she shared the duty of breast feeding her children with her husband. I doubt if she will be able to make her husband pregnant in return to the ones the man made her. I doubt you are married yet, and If you do, send your wife to get influenced by chimamanda and don't complain or beat her any day she will tell you it's your turn to cook or wash plates. especially when you are not wealthy to hire house helps that will do those things for the family. So Bros, your vote can wait. Everything is not politics, the woman could have said the same thing with or without contesting election.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by vindisick: 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2018
Airforce01:

You're not the one to look down on anyone , but you're so quick to hurl insult at your fellow woman airing her opinion

You're a bittered soul .

I doubt if you've ever been happy even with all the wealths in the world you think you have .

Ain't you over 30yrs of age?

Money can't buy you a husband you know cheesy cheesy grin

Don't mind all this people that do not practice what they preach. She was even the one that called the her fellow woman EWU!. Meaning GOAT

2 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2018
AZeD1:

Can't the "Nigerian girl" child be the writer you don't know of her existence?

Do you know how many "Nigerian girl" child she has paid tuition for?

Like I asked earlier, are you expecting her to send you an email every time she donates money to a cause because from you statement, you seem to know how she spends her money.
if Chimamanda ' s hairstyle or dressing can make the headlines. .then her charity works about the girl child should make a bigger headline? ??or is it only to ask women to their car doors themselves that we will hear about? ??

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by CaptainG00D: 4:13pm On Oct 04, 2018
freecocoa:
I’ve tried really hard to understand why it’s so hard for these idiots to see how Amanda only wants what’s best for women and I dare say everyone alike, just what is wrong in being fair? And to think women are part of the crowd screaming “crucify her” I swear sometimes I ashamed to be associated with so many Nigerians, they are nothing but a bunch of disgrace.

I know the reason why..
I myself have been shouting trying to educate people on this... But nope it keeps on dead ears then I realized what we have here are dead brains
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
Xisnin:

The bold place you in the camp of extremist feminists because what you are trying to do is disrupt
current societal balance.
I'm not even a feminist...I respect the African culture ..but I'm pro training your female and valuing them

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Airforce01(m): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2018
vindisick:

Don't mind all this people that do not practice what they preach. She was even the one that called the her fellow woman EWU!. Meaning GOAT

You don't need to be told she's not a happy woman from her comment .

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Adesolomon2014(m): 4:22pm On Oct 04, 2018
amarachi06:
Chimamanda we know, who are you?

One of the morons following Chimamanda blindly spotted!
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2018
contigiency:

Unfortunately, it can't work in any society today. I have asked her to make her husband pregnant so that we know that women share the same and equal qualities and rights with men. but She has not been able to do so. does she know better than God that said wife should be submisive to her husband and men should respect their wives. Doesn't she know what the word "submisive" Implies? she is simply being fake and busy body.

Men can not also become pregnant since they are anatomically different from women, so what is your point? You think feminism is talking about physical equality? When also did God ever speak to man kind and say women should be submissive.

Even Jesus fought for equal rights for women. The only person that spoke about being submissive was Paul in the bible, and I think he mentioned those were his opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Kingosytex(m): 4:35pm On Oct 04, 2018
Xander85:

Your thinking is still stuck in the dark ages!

It's precisely b'cos of peeps like you that Africa remains the last bastion of depravity, rabid superstition and failed governance in the modern world!

Check the statistics for the continent with the highest incidence of spousal abuse, infant and maternal mortality, rape and child abuse! Chances are Africa will carry the whole thing for head! And here you are talking of carrying on as normal, when others are trying to do something about it!

your write-up shows how delusioned and shallow minded you are. i wouldn't have quoted you if not for the fact dat i want spare a few minutes of my time to sanitise ur already clouded sense of reasoning.

first of all what is feminism? it is the advocacy of human rights on the equality of both sexes.

where in my comment did i promote the evils u listed?

i will really appreciate if u get off my mentions if you don't have any sensible thing to offer
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Xisnin(m): 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2018
uzobaby:
I'm not even a feminist...I respect the African culture ..but I'm pro training your female and valuing them
African culture demands that boys be preferred in economic decisions of which education is one of them.
Traditionally, women are only allowed to engage in petty trades or learn women-related skills like hairdressing.
Anyone that goes against such spirit of tradition is a feminist by definition whether their excuse is equal education or opportunity
because they are indirectly affirming that men and women should be equal in some respect.

I will expect anyone who is not a feminist to support grooming girls primarily for marriage and leave boys to pursue
productive careers while also rejecting any position that have traditionally been held by men, politics included.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Puzzypleazer: 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2018
she has totally destroyed the life of my 29 yo cousin
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
Xisnin:

African culture demands that boys be preferred in economic decisions of which education is one of them.
Traditionally, women are only allowed to engage in petty trades or learn women-related skills like hairdressing.
Anyone that goes against such spirit of tradition is a feminist by definition whether their excuse is equal education or opportunity
because they are indirectly affirming that men and women should be equal in some respect.

I will expect anyone who is not a feminist to support grooming girls primarily for marriage and leave boys to pursue

productive careers while also rejecting any position that have traditionally been held by men, politics included.

Oga, Satan dey learn where you dey. Kaiiii. African women, una see una life. Let me go and do sex change.

NB: I know you are just using sarcasm to drive your point across.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2018
Xisnin:

wehdone Sir...you can groom yours for marriage only. .while I teach mine to aim for the peak of her career still respecting her husband and not dragging for equality. ..

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Xisnin(m): 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2018
contigiency:

Look at how empty you are sounding. did she say that as a woman you can not aspire for political or any other positions? Though she did not mention the specifi area where she disagree with the chimamanda, but the area most people have disagreed with her has been the aspect of attending to household chores.
Ask for an explanation if you can't understand my post, is it too complicated?
Who will be doing household chores if the hypocrite presidential aspirant wins the election?
If you say the maid, will the maid also be making her husband's bed and sleeping with him?

Chimamanda does not believe that nature and God has assigned specific duties to women and some to men. she believes in equal rights and qualities for both genders in and outside the home. Which is not true. I doubt if she shared the duty of breast feeding her children with her husband.
Now you missed the point. No god or goddess or nature assign any chore women(men and women have 2 hands).
Even a woman may decide not to get pregnant and there is nothing anybody can do about it.

I doubt if she will be able to make her husband pregnant in return to the ones the man made her. I doubt you are married yet, and If you do, send your wife to get influenced by chimamanda and don't complain or beat her any day she will tell you it's your turn to cook or wash plates. especially when you are not wealthy to hire house helps that will do those things for the family. So Bros, your vote can wait. Everything is not politics, the woman could have said the same thing with or without contesting election.
My girlfriend doesn't need Adichie to tell her what to do. She has brains and can decide for herself.
In fact, I can never have anything to do with a dumb or uncivilized woman.

You even talk about beating her, is she a child?

I cooked throughout my stay in college, guess what?
I didn't die from cooking.

I see that you are afraid that your wife may be influenced by Adichie but that is your fault.
If you want a maid as a wife, all you need do is get a village girl who doesn't know her
left from right. But if you go for a smart woman, you are taking a huge risk because no
mentally-free person will put up with oppression, at least not for long.

2 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 04, 2018
uzobaby:
wehdone Sir...you can groom yours for marriage only. .while I teach mine to aim for the peak of her career still respecting her husband and not dragging for equality. ..

Why won't she drag for equality? Are you going to give birth to a sub human?

2 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Xisnin(m): 4:54pm On Oct 04, 2018
uzobaby:
Career advancement is inversely related to marriage unless the woman got a feminist man.
There is no such thing as balance, you will have to sacrifice something to get another.

Don't you find it absurd that this particular woman wants to be lord over 90 million Nigerian men(president) who
are her superior?

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Ogaga87(m): 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2018
Igboeze90:
Amarachi06, are you kidding me? Chimamanda has never criticised any of our leaders?

The internet never forgets. There's one piece of satire called "the Miraculous Deliverance of Oga Jona." Read it. Comment again.

Okay, we all love Chimamanda, but Ms Eunice has presented an argument. We'll examine it.

First, let's see the Urban Dictionary definition of an extremist.

Here is the argument from Ms Eunice. I have it all laid out, premises and conclusion inclusive.

Extremists support an idea without compromise
Chimamanda supports an idea (feminism) without compromise
Therefore, Chimamanda is an extremist

She is right? Huhhh? Any doubt?
No, she is wrong. Her argument is invalid and unsound as well.

It is like saying:

Politicians have personal assistants
CEOs have personal assistants
Therefore CEOs are politicians

A flawed argument as well.

Politicians use invalid arguments to make a point all the time....

So, Amarachi06, if you learn no other thing in 2018, learn how to identify flawed arguments...

You were right to disagree. Only you resorted to ad hominem attacks. Ms Eunice is a fine person and she would make a fine president...

But she presented an invalid argument...

Madam/ Oga Philosophy
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
Xisnin:

Career advancement is inversely related to marriage unless the woman got a feminist man.
There is no such thing as balance, you will have to sacrifice something to get another.

Don't you find it absurd that this particular woman wants to be lord over 90 million Nigerian men(president) who
are her superior?

Exactly. You can not expect to eat your cake and still have it. It is because of the fight from feminists that she can even dream of going to school to acquire an education, talk more of running for the post of the presidency

She is too shameless. I detest people like her, castigating the hardwork of other people while shamelessly gaining from it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Rocktation(f): 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2018
gentlesmithugo:
shut up.who ask you.busy body

So you suppose ask me, before I talk? Is this why you fear feminism? So soo foolish.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2018
kmcutez:

Why won't she drag for equality? Are you going to give birth to a sub human?
From what perspective are you talking about equality? ??career wise no restriction. .but all these talk of giving bills to the woman first, thou shalt not open door for a woman,I can't kneel for Mt husband,no bride price etc are not part of the equality I'll teach my girl. ..
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Etianwanokon: 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2018
Yes she is.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2018
Xisnin:

are her superior?
there are women who have successfully managed their career at the same kept their home without trying to usurp the position of their husbands. .it is possible. .though not easy
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2018
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Xisnin(m): 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2018
uzobaby:
there are women who have successfully managed their career at the same kept their home without trying to usurp the position of their husbands. .it is possible. .though not easy
Thank you for the bold. It is almost certain that those women who rise in their career have an understanding husband
who sometimes do "their job" for them. The problem is that many women out there don't have such opportunity.
They either have to abandon marriage or give up their dreams. The argument of feminist is that the rigid patriarchial duties
and expectations of women put them at a huge disadvantage and ultimately limits their life goals.

2 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by BalogunIdowu(m): 5:42pm On Oct 04, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Who doesn't know?
How many says it?
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by gargoyle: 5:46pm On Oct 04, 2018
uzobaby:
I will only take Adichie serious when she seriously starts canvassing for serious issues that affect the girl child and women in Nigeria. ..how many girls has she sent to school? ??how many vvf patients has she partly paid their bills? how many hungry, homeless women has she given a roof over their headhow many female victims of domestic violence has she helped? her feminism is of no relevance to the poor and average Nigerian female. ..till she uses her position to make a change in the life of the Nigerian female will I take her seriously. ..not over irrelevant issues..Mrs Eunice you're on point

You just made a very valid point

2 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
Xisnin:

Thank you for the bold. It is almost certain that those women who rise in their career have an understanding husband
who sometimes do "their job" for them. The problem is that many women out there don't have such opportunity.
They either have to abandon marriage or give up their dreams. The argument of feminist is that the rigid patriarchial duties
and expectations of women put them at a huge disadvantage and ultimately limits their life goals.
I'm pro giving the woman the opportunity to excel..but unnecessary issues Adichie has been pushing forth...I no dey...

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 04, 2018
Xisnin:

Exactly. A system in which men predominately hold the power and is used to dominate, oppress, and exploit women is what the fight is all about.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / REVENGE (an Action Thriller) / My University Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.