Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,025 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls (25732 Views)

James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies / Africa Report: Chimamanda Adichie Is 4th In 100 Most Influential Africans List / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
freecocoa:
Oh! Please shut up.

You are only jealous, nonsense!

Mumu doesn’t know that if not for women like Amanda, you can’t come out and say you want to be president, Ewu!

How did Chimamanda make Eunice a presidential candidate?
Haba
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Oselu28(f): 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2018
She is misleading those that want to be misled,simple
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by gargoyle: 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2018
uzobaby:
I'm not even a feminist...I respect the African culture ..but I'm pro training your female and valuing them

I've been following your comments on this thread and I can say that you've been balanced in your opinions.

As a male, I'm all for respecting your wife and valuing your girl child with the same intensity you would a male child. However, its a fact that women ought to be submissive.

Even if my wife gives birth to 2 girls tomorrow, I'll still be happy. At least more bride price for me... grin grin grin. But, on a more serious note, it's clear that there's an info gap on what feminism truly is both among the feminist supporters and the opponents.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2018
uzobaby:
From what perspective are you talking about equality? ??career wise no restriction. .but all these talk of giving bills to the woman first, thou shalt not open door for a woman,I can't kneel for Mt husband,no bride price etc are not part of the equality I'll teach my girl. ..

If the woman or man decides to pay the bill, no qualms. If a woman wants to kneel or not kneel for her man, no qualms. If a man wants to pay the bride price of a woman, no qualms, those are petty issues.

Who does the household chores, pay the bills etc, those are petty issues that either the husband or the wife can handle.

When I mean equal rights, one of them is to take decisions on how it affects my well being and those of my children as a wife and mother etc.

For example the husband does not want his girl child attending school, and because African tradition states that he is the head of the home, his decision is final and the wife has to agree. As a wife and mother I will not agree with such a decision, my daughter must go to school. Those are examples of the serious issues I'm talking about.

Or another example. Just because you are my husband, you want me to stop my career and become a housewife. I have the right to decide if I want to stop or continue my career, and not you the husband, unless I also have the right to tell you as a wife to stop your career and become a house husband.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Chanchit: 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2018
Benekruku:
And I heard that Chimanda like diick die
GO READ AMERICANAH. YOu go know say she like dickk pass her life.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2018
freecocoa:
Shut your putrid gob my friend, how many women have contested for the post of president before you started hearing of Amanda?

And after Amanda came on scene, how many women showed up?
Some of you are so ignorant.
Women have been contesting right from time, Amanda has never influenced anybody.
How many women contestants have ever give credit to her and for what?
She only inspired maiden name, bride price and LGBT, abortion arguments, nothing significant on women who are powerful, independent and think for themselves
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Chanchit: 6:34pm On Oct 04, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

How did Chimamanda make Eunice a presidential candidate?
Haba

I even think say that freecoca get sense. I'm currently reading Americanah, and I feel lime slapping that bii t ch. That book is not fiction, its her diary I swear. I know fiction when I see one. And she really lick dii ck like say tomorrow no dey.

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2018
uzobaby:
wehdone Sir...you can groom yours for marriage only. .while I teach mine to aim for the peak of her career still respecting her husband and not dragging for equality. ..

Since she is not the equal of her husband. What if her husband tells her to stop her career? Will you want her to disrespect her husband by saying no?

What if the husband tells her to sleep with his friends, should she disrespect him by not agreeing to, since she is not the equal of her husband?

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 04, 2018
Chanchit:

I even think say that freecoca get sense. I'm currently reading Americanah, and I feel lime slapping that bii t ch. That book is not fiction, its her diary I swear. I know fiction when I see one. And she really lick dii ck like say tomorrow no dey.

How does liking or not liking dick affect feminism? Did she say she hated men? Now I'm confused.

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Felicia001: 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2018
Tell her...but you just lost her vote and those of her followers
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by vindisick: 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2018
kmcutez:

Since she is not the equal of her husband. What if her husband tells her to stop her career? Will you want her to disrespect her husband by saying no?

What if the husband tells her to sleep with his friends, should she disrespect him by not agreeing to, since she is not the equal of her husband?
What's all this nonsense am reading here?. Where in this country do husbands order their wives to have sex with his friends?. Abeg if you don't have any other sensible thing to contribute,just log out.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2018
vindisick:

What's all this nonsense am reading here?. Where in this country do husbands order their wifes to have sex with his friends?. Abeg if you don't have any other sensible thing to contribute,just log out.

You don't know it is a common practice in Benue, where men offer their visitors their wives to sleep with.

3 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by TinyHacker: 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2018
Igboeze90:
Amarachi06, are you kidding me? Chimamanda has never criticised any of our leaders?

The internet never forgets. There's one piece of satire called "the Miraculous Deliverance of Oga Jona." Read it. Comment again.

Okay, we all love Chimamanda, but Ms Eunice has presented an argument. We'll examine it.

First, let's see the Urban Dictionary definition of an extremist.

Here is the argument from Ms Eunice. I have it all laid out, premises and conclusion inclusive.

Extremists support an idea without compromise
Chimamanda supports an idea (feminism) without compromise
Therefore, Chimamanda is an extremist

She is right? Huhhh? Any doubt?
No, she is wrong. Her argument is invalid and unsound as well.

It is like saying:

Politicians have personal assistants
CEOs have personal assistants
Therefore CEOs are politicians

A flawed argument as well.

Politicians use invalid arguments to make a point all the time....

So, Amarachi06, if you learn no other thing in 2018, learn how to identify flawed arguments...

You were right to disagree. Only you resorted to ad hominem attacks. Ms Eunice is a fine person and she would make a fine president...

But she presented an invalid argument...
You are not making any sense, very flawed analogy. A CEO is obviously not a politician since a politician is someone into political affairs but extremism has a wide range of meaning since it depends on context and the idea being supported.

I don't think extremist was the right word for Eunice to use eitherways.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
kmcutez:

Exactly. You can not expect to eat your cake and still have it. It is because of the fight from feminists that she can even dream of going to school to acquire an education, talk more of running for the post of the presidency

She is too shameless. I detest people like her, castigating the hardwork of other people while shamelessly gaining from it.

Mention one thing feminism did for the African woman.
Some of you play too much.

The first feminism gain was getting the right to vote but Marie Curie had won a Nobel Prize before then.
Do you know when women started going to school?
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by amarachi06(f): 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2018
Adesolomon2014:

One of the morons following Chimamanda blindly spotted!

One of the fools insulting people online without making a point.

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by amarachi06(f): 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2018
[quote author=CaptainG00D post=71781500]

People like u still give me reason, that there is hope for future..
95% of nairalanders are just dummies[/quote

I don't follow crowd but skilled and competent people.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Adesolomon2014(m): 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2018
amarachi06:

One of the fools insulting people online without making a point.

And if i did, you brainless skul wont get it.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by amarachi06(f): 7:27pm On Oct 04, 2018
Adesolomon2014:

And if i did, you brainless skul wont get it.

Hey Boy!. Look for your size.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by VULCAN(m): 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2018
If only you took time to read before responding you would have discovered that the lady was replying to a question about Chimamanda.

Pls say no to replying without reading or comprehending

amarachi06:

I don't follow blindly but using a known personality to drive a point is what we "woman b*tching each other" Have you ever seen Chiamanda criticizing our leaders to make a point?
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Adesolomon2014(m): 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2018
amarachi06:

Hey Boy!. Look for your size.

Hey Girlie! Look for ya mate.
Check 2go for starters.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Hcqmela: 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2018
Kolombz:

Criticizing our leaders is even what she is supposing to be doing because that is what is required of her as a writer.She is supposed to use her gift of writing and her lofty position to effect desirable changes in the society not hoodwinking people in the name of championing feminism.I don't really care if this lady is trying to score a cheap point.As long as she is towing the right path by trying to open the eyes of those who are blindly following chimamanda's teachings before they are led astray,she has my support.
Well criticising our leaders is another ideology of its own n that's Marxism where the followers of this ideology advocate for the equality of both the poor and the rich.In fact as far am concerned all African writers despite the ideology they follow has in one way or the other criticised the existing govt as pertaining to the era they came up( Pre colonial, Colonial n Post Colonial) So I can tell you here that Chiamanda has used her feminism ideology to criticize the govt or leaders as u suggest that as a African Writer she's suppose to criticize the leaders.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Hcqmela: 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2018
freecocoa:
Oh! Please shut up.

Mumu doesn’t know that if not for women like Amanda, you can’t come out and say you want to be president, Ewu!
Abi ooooo...
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by AZeD1(m): 7:47pm On Oct 04, 2018
uzobaby:
if Chimamanda ' s hairstyle or dressing can make the headlines. .then her charity works about the girl child should make a bigger headline? ??or is it only to ask women to their car doors themselves that we will hear about? ??

Did you seriously type this? Do you know what she's wears to bed?
Do you know what she's wearing right now?

You will only see the hair style or dressing she wants you to see and it's same way with charity.

You'll only see her charitable giving the day she wants you to.

All office colleagues know what I wear to work but none knows what I do with my money.

If you cannot understand that lots of famous people give to charity anonymously, then I cannot help you.

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Hcqmela: 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2018
freecocoa:
Oh! Please shut up.

Abi ooooo... Jealousy is a problem in many women lives.Instead of her to be proud that a woman like her is busy fighting for her right in the diaspora world she's here busy saying trash and funny enough the woman she's saying that nonsense against so is being honoured over there. Women most times are the problems of themselves but that will not deter Amanda cos she's fighting for the ones like the types of Hillary Clinton that sees sense in what she's doing n not educated illiterates like this otondo that came out to say trash about her cos her coming out as a presidential aspirant shows that she has volunteered herself to be used as a puppet by the maleficent masters that are ruling this country

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2018
AZeD1:

Did you seriously type this? Do you know what she's wears to bed?
Do you know what she's wearing right now?

You will only see the hair style or dressing she wants you to see and it's same way with charity.

You'll only see her charitable giving the day she wants you to.

All office colleagues know what I wear to work but none knows what I do with my money.

If you cannot understand that lots of famous people give to charity anonymously, then I cannot help you.
Sir let's move away from charity. ..that Chimamanda was in Nigeria few days back was news..and there's no part of the country she will go to for anything that will not be public..for someone of her status I stand my ground that whatever charity she does can never be hidden
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
kmcutez:

If the woman or man decides to pay the bill, no qualms. If a woman wants to kneel or not kneel for her man, no qualms. If a man wants to pay the bride price of a woman, no qualms, those are petty issues.

Who does the household chores, pay the bills etc, those are petty issues that either the husband or the wife can handle.

When I mean equal rights, one of them is to take decisions on how it affects my well being and those of my children as a wife and mother etc.

For example the husband does not want his girl child attending school, and because African tradition states that he is the head of the home, his decision is final and the wife has to agree. As a wife and mother I will not agree with such a decision, my daughter must go to school. Those are examples of the serious issues I'm talking about.

Or another example. Just because you are my husband, you want me to stop my career and become a housewife. I have the right to decide if I want to stop or continue my career, and not you the husband, unless I also have the right to tell you as a wife to stop your career and become a house husband.

we're on the same page Ma...
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
gargoyle:

I've been following your comments on this thread and I can say that you've been balanced in your opinions.

As a male, I'm all for respecting your wife and valuing your girl child with the same intensity you would a male child. However, its a fact that women ought to be submissive.

Even if my wife gives birth to 2 girls tomorrow, I'll still be happy. At least more bride price for me... grin grin grin. But, on a more serious note, it's clear that there's an info gap on what feminism truly is both among the feminist supporters and the opponents.
thanks. ...the info gap is due to the kind of feminism Nigerian feminist practice..they leave real issues and start dealing on irrelevant things..leaving most people confused on what feminism is
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Candyflox(f): 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
Fukafuka:
grin
hahahhaha haha
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
uzobaby:
we're on the same page Ma...

OK ma. Lol
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by iamfromlagos(f): 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2018
amarachi06:
Chimamanda we know, who are you?
This mentality of yours will get you nowhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

REVENGE (an Action Thriller) / I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.