Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,446 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866522 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2019
Gunit87:
Hello Gurus in the house. Please I need your candid advice. My study permit was refused last week. This is the second refusal. I realized useful info on this platform after I have applied. I had B.Sc. Economics 2.2. In my first application I applied diploma in business in Saskatchewan poly. It was refused based on Purpose of visit and travel experience. For the second (recent ) application I applied for diploma in fashion techniques and design in George Brown College. Reason for denial was purpose of visit. V. O said he didn't see prospect of the course in my country of residence after study.

From What I realized on this platform, Progression and consistent in study are very important probably I would have gone for Post graduate diploma in economics.
My question is
1. Should I apply for Post graduate in economics since I can't get a master degree with my 2.2?
2. Changing courses for the 3rd time, wont this seem desperate and a red flag?
3. Should I forget applying for study permit in Canada as I have changed my course 2 times and this might already set a red flag to future applications irrespective of my eligibility and how good I Package my application?

Please I strongly rely on your responses as most info on this platform are helpful and genuine.

Goodevening Holmes,

I have a strong second class upper in a professional degree and although I qualify for most masters programmes in my industry, I opted for a college diploma in a different field but same industry. I have collected my passport with my visa stamped with a study-work permit.

My advice is to work on your Letter of Explanation thoroughly pointing out your reasons for the change and whatnot.

Hope this helps and encourages you.

Cheer up.....

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gunit87: 7:22pm On Apr 20, 2019
Thanks for the response, you mean your diploma was not post graduate diploma?? and also changing to economics for me wont be a bad idea with strong SOP right?
TheAfrikan:

Goodevening Holmes,

I have a strong second class upper in a professional degree and although I qualify for most masters programmes in my industry, I opted for a college diploma in a different field but same industry. I have collected my passport with my visa stamped with a study-work permit.

My advice is to work on your Letter of Explanation thoroughly pointing out your reasons for the change and whatnot.

Hope this helps and encourages you.

Cheer up.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Deane: 7:27pm On Apr 20, 2019
Hello guys, please I would appreciate any advise on the following as proof of funds for application for study visa:
I gave been admitted into a masters degree program in York with some scholarship. The estimated cost of the program is CAD28, 000 (tuition - 16000,living costs - 12,000)

1. Scholarship of CAD$21,000
2. Personal Savings of about N700,000.
3. Gift of N1.2m from my dad.
4. Transfer of N450, 000 from a friend.
5. My Pay stub of N275, 000 monthly salary.
6. Personal RSA - N1.4m

Do you think I am good to go with the above? Anything i may have to add to the above for proof of funds?

While filling the form imm1294e, do i add funds in RSA as part of funds available for the program?

I expect to earn about N1.4m as total salary between now and August, before the program starts in September. Can I include that I'll set aside N1m out of the N1.4m of my entire earnings during this period for my program? Can i add this expected earnings as part of funds available for the program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2019
Gunit87:
Thanks for the response, you mean your diploma was not post graduate diploma?? and also changing to economics for me wont be a bad idea with strong SOP right?

IT IS NOT A POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA BUT A COLLEGE DIPLOMA.

My opinion is that as far you can write a convincing Letter explaining the change and satisfy the Visa Officer, you're gold.

I'd advice you hang around for insight from other gentlemen on the platform.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gunit87: 7:43pm On Apr 20, 2019
Thanks a lot I really appreciate your response
TheAfrikan:

My opinion is that as far you can write a convincing Letter explaining the change and satisfy the Visa Officer, you're gold.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 8:48pm On Apr 20, 2019
Austacuis and Mekano please I need your help. My start date is on the first week of may. But I have not heard from then CIC after I did my biometric on the 18th March 2019.
Please help me because there is no room for deferment again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2019
TheAfrikan:

How did u go about it pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 9:10pm On Apr 20, 2019
Its Makano tho.. U didnt drop ur full details... When did u apply and have u been called for Medicals, is it an online applicaton or paper, If its an online application, whats the status of ur aplication? If ur application is beyond the official processing time, then I will advise you start sending them messages through the webform... And if you don't receive any feedback from them in like a week, then u can start sendng them messages to their respective email addresses... And when sending them the messages, stress the fact that ur school would resume soon, also let ur Subject be URGENT.. GOOD LUCK..
Anamekele:
Austacuis and Mekano please I need your help. My start date is on the first week of may. But I have not heard from then CIC after I did my biometric on the 18th March 2019.
Please help me because there is no room for deferment again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2019
Can you share your application timeline?

Gunit87:
Hello Gurus in the house. Please I need your candid advice. My study permit was refused last week. This is the second refusal. I realized useful info on this platform after I have applied. I had B.Sc. Economics 2.2. In my first application I applied diploma in business in Saskatchewan poly. It was refused based on Purpose of visit and travel experience. For the second (recent ) application I applied for diploma in fashion techniques and design in George Brown College. Reason for denial was purpose of visit. V. O said he didn't see prospect of the course in my country of residence after study.

From What I realized on this platform, Progression and consistent in study are very important probably I would have gone for Post graduate diploma in economics.
My question is
1. Should I apply for Post graduate diploma in economics since I can't get a master degree with my 2.2?
2. Changing courses for the 3rd time, wont this seem desperate and a red flag?
3. Should I forget applying for study permit in Canada as I have changed my course 2 times and this might already set a red flag to future applications irrespective of my eligibility and how good I Package my application?

Please I strongly rely on your responses as most info on this platform are helpful and genuine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 9:30pm On Apr 20, 2019
ahmedio2017:

How did u go about it pls

There was nothing special persay...

I followed the instructions on the website down to the letter and applied. I wasn't even aware of this forum until like after I had done my biometrics.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 9:57pm On Apr 20, 2019
Hello Makano,

My application was online route. And this was the 4th application after 3 rejects. Would they need medical from me as I have been out of the destignated country. Been in US studying in community college since January, making me out of destignated country for more than 6 months.

- 4th application >>> 16th July 2018
Biometric >>>>> July 2018
No- Upfront medical

I have send several web contact mail, and no reasonable response

GCMS non thing there.

makano:
Its Makano tho.. U didnt drop ur full details... When did u apply and have u been called for Medicals, is it an online applicaton or paper, If its an online application, whats the status of ur aplication? If ur application is beyond the official processing time, then I will advise you start sending them messages through the webform... And if you don't receive any feedback from them in like a week, then u can start sendng them messages to their respective email addresses... And when sending them the messages, stress the fact that ur school would resume soon, also let ur Subject be URGENT.. GOOD LUCK..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 10:27pm On Apr 20, 2019
TheAfrikan:

I followed the instructions on the website down to the letter and applied. I wasn't even aware of this forum until like after I had done my biometrics.

Hope this helps.

Which school is that and is their admission ongoing? i want to apply for diploma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 10:31pm On Apr 20, 2019
TheAfrikan:

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:33pm On Apr 20, 2019
Did you apply from the US, if yes, I dont think u need to do medicals if u have a permit there... And to the bolded, u cant just say nthing there.. Share ur gcms note, so peeps can see whats really with ur case and advise you accordingly.. Peace
Omonoba1981:
Hello Makano,

My application was online route. And this was the 4th application after 3 rejects. Would they need medical from me as I have been out of the destignated country. Been in US studying in community college since January, making me out of destignated country for more than 6 months.

- 4th application >>> 16th July 2018
Biometric >>>>> July 2018
No- Upfront medical

I have send several web contact mail, and no reasonable response

GCMS non thing there.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 10:45pm On Apr 20, 2019
He's saying 3 million is small.

haaryobhami:

wow 3million,thought its 10m or 15m oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 11:04pm On Apr 20, 2019
I applied from Lagos. During my waiting period went for US student visa and got that one late last year.

I have shared the zcms before and nothing was there. I have like 207 pages

makano:
Did you apply from the US, if yes, I dont think u need to do medicals if u have a permit there... And to the bolded, u cant just say nthing there.. Share ur gcms note, so peeps can see whats really with ur case and advise you accordingly.. Peace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 11:23pm On Apr 20, 2019
If you applied from Nigeria, then u need to do ur medicals.. And to ur GCMS note share the last 2 pages or so, that's where u will see what the VO is saying bout ur application... U don't need to share the whole pages, just go to the last 2-5 pages of ur note, u will see what u looking for there and share.. Meanwhile I can see 2016 in dis ur note, I am talking about ur GCMS note for this ur current Application and not ur refused applciation.. Peace
Omonoba1981:
I applied from Lagos. During my waiting period went for US student visa and got that one late last year.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 11:39pm On Apr 20, 2019
I have attached the last two pages, I only have 5 Notes. And as I said i got a gcms with 207 pages these included all the application I have made since 2016.

The latest gcms not was 14th November 2018

For the medical, If I still have to get it done would that be from US or I have to come back to Nigeria for that.

makano:
If you applied from Nigeria, then u need to do ur medicals.. And to ur GCMS note share the last 2 pages or so, that's where u will see what the VO is saying bout ur application... U don't need to share the whole pages, just go to the last 2-5 pages of ur note, u will see what u looking for there and share.. Meanwhile I can see 2016 in dis ur note, I am talking about ur GCMS note for this ur current Application and not ur refused applciation.. Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 2:14am On Apr 21, 2019
Since u applied from Nigeria, then u will have to do ur medicals in Nigeria.. I would have advised you go for an upfront medicals but I dont know when u will be resuming.. If its May, then its impossible to do ur Upfront... So u just have to wait for CIC to request for ur Medicals... But like I said in ma earlier post, disturb them with emails both through Webform and also to their official emails.. And put ur Subject as Urgent.. Good luck
Omonoba1981:

I have attached the last two pages, I only have 5 Notes. And as I said i got a gcms with 207 pages these included all the application I have made since 2016.

The latest gcms not was 14th November 2018

For the medical, If I still have to get it done would that be from US or I have to come back to Nigeria for that.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 2:51am On Apr 21, 2019
msmodi:
Morning bro. Kindly check your pm. Very urgent.

Oh sorry, just seeing this now. Responded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 4:57am On Apr 21, 2019
I am thinking medical would not be needed. The requirement for Medical is if you are

If you plan to stay for more than 6 months

You need a medical exam if you meet any of these criteria:

You lived in one or more of these countries or territories for at least 6 months in a row within the last year

As I said in the past one year I have spent more than 6months in a country that is not considered as destignated.

As of sending them more mails. I will wait a bit till the MP comes with a respond. They respect their MP than me bombarding them mails.

The MPs has a special way in communicating with all the immigration office all over the world. They talk directly to their office via phone and direct email to their supervisors.

makano:
Since u applied from Nigeria, then u will have to do ur medicals in Nigeria.. I would have advised you go for an upfront medicals but I dont know when u will be resuming.. If its May, then its impossible to do ur Upfront... So u just have to wait for CIC to request for ur Medicals... But like I said in ma earlier post, disturb them with emails both through Webform and also to their official emails.. And put ur Subject as Urgent.. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Deane: 6:20am On Apr 21, 2019
Hello gurus in the house, please i need some help here. Thanks in advance guys.

Deane:
Hello guys, please I would appreciate any advise on the following as proof of funds for application for study visa:
I gave been admitted into a masters degree program in York with some scholarship. The estimated cost of the program is CAD28, 000 (tuition - 16000,living costs - 12,000)

1. Scholarship of CAD$21,000
2. Personal Savings of about N700,000.
3. Gift of N1.2m from my dad.
4. Transfer of N450, 000 from a friend (just for proof of funds).
5. My Pay stub of N275, 000 monthly salary.
6. Personal RSA - N1.4m

Do you think I am good to go with the above? Anything i may have to add to the above for proof of funds?

While filling the form imm1294e, do i add funds in RSA as part of funds available for the program?

I expect to earn about N1.4m as total salary between now and August, before the program starts in September. Can I include that I'll set aside N1m out of the N1.4m of my entire earnings during this period for my program? Can i add this expected earnings as part of funds available for the program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 6:22am On Apr 21, 2019
ahmedio2017:

Which school is that and is their admission ongoing? i want to apply for diploma

Nova Scotia Community College.

Depending on the course you want to study, they are still giving admission. Make sure it's not on a wait list. There are still seats available.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 6:50am On Apr 21, 2019
Ok good.. You never mentioned u had already sent the MP a message. since u have done that, u have to wait for a response from CIC.. If you dont get a response from the MP in like a week, you can send a reminder mail to the MP.. Goodluck
Omonoba1981:
I am thinking medical would not be needed. The requirement for Medical is if you are

If you plan to stay for more than 6 months

You need a medical exam if you meet any of these criteria:

You lived in one or more of these countries or territories for at least 6 months in a row within the last year

As I said in the past one year I have spent more than 6months in a country that is not considered as destignated.

As of sending them more mails. I will wait a bit till the MP comes with a respond. They respect their MP than me bombarding them mails.

The MPs has a special way in communicating with all the immigration office all over the world. They talk directly to their office via phone and direct email to their supervisors.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 7:49am On Apr 21, 2019
TheAfrikan:

Depending on the course you want to study, they are still giving admission. Make sure it's not on a wait list. There are still seats available.

Thanks so much i really appreciate it....
How much did u spend for all the processing including ticket? And again i have D7 in English language in my WAEC hope they will give me admission though I've NABTEP as back up...pls share more light
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:58am On Apr 21, 2019
Omonoba1981:

Base on what I can see right now in your Gcms notes, your application is stuck in background checks (from the day you received the Gcms notes, I don't know if it must have changed now).
You're experiencing info sharing error (if you doubt me, check page 2 of your notes, you will see it)
You gotta ask yourself too many questions, cross check your application over and over again to make sure every detail corresponds to your US application, you gotta ask yourself if you've overstayed your visit to US or Canada (I don't know if you've ever traveled to Canada before), check yourself if you have any charges in the US or Canada etc
You need to scrutinize yourself and make sure the problem is not from your path.
If the problem is from your path, if the details, spellings are an oversight from your path, accept it from them and fix it, if you overstayed your visa, write a very good story to back it up.

Happy Easter to you all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 8:43am On Apr 21, 2019
ahmedio2017:

Thanks sir, i think diploma will be best option but my olevel result is WAEC/NAPTEB hope I've chance to gain admission with that combination

What's your highest post secondary education attained?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emmaxman(m): 8:55am On Apr 21, 2019
Same school I got admitted to. Am still arranging my documents

TheAfrikan:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 9:09am On Apr 21, 2019
JustMellow:

What's your highest post secondary education attained?

B.sc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 9:16am On Apr 21, 2019
haaryobhami:
i am currently serving in nigeria (am a law student but decided not to go law school tho).
i wanna apply for school in canada after my nysc nd i wanna do a commercial course,am thinking between economics or business administration (you guys can sugguest another better commercial course tho for me)i really need advice on d course dat is preferable in canada cause i intend to base there.
i also plan to do ICT training b4 i go (which one do u guys think i should learn)
i have a cousin there already nd another has already gained admission nd would be goin by September (university of regina)

I know there are numerous ways whereby studies in law can be applicable/related to study in other branches of professional occupation/career i.e. Business law, Industrial law etc but striding with pace in an outfield of other courses than law without a tangible reason/explanation of a career progression/upgrade might be a kill shot to yourself.

Its not totally impossible to go for other courses not related to law but make sure not to sleep on the bicycle and think outside the box of why deciding to study economies or business course after law.

In my opinion, I think a PGD/C would be a suitable program to relate your career progression/upgrade after a lucrative course as law.

Good luck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.