Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866667 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 9:24am On Apr 21, 2019
makano:
Its Makano tho.. U didnt drop ur full details... When did u apply and have u been called for Medicals, is it an online applicaton or paper, If its an online application, whats the status of ur aplication? If ur application is beyond the official processing time, then I will advise you start sending them messages through the webform... And if you don't receive any feedback from them in like a week, then u can start sendng them messages to their respective email addresses... And when sending them the messages, stress the fact that ur school would resume soon, also let ur Subject be URGENT.. GOOD LUCK..

I applied on 14th March, 2019
Online route.
Biometric 18th March 2019
No medical request yet.
Resumption date 6th may,2019
Please what are the email addresses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 9:27am On Apr 21, 2019
ahmedio2017:

Bsc,,,,,,

Y are you not saying anything boss

A Diploma after a B.sc? Not impossible at all but how well equipped are you with words that will convince the VO to relate with your career path/chosen program to be ideally a career progression than a tactics for immigration?

If it can't be convincingly/properly justified, move on from a Diploma to some other programs more higher.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 9:47am On Apr 21, 2019
Gunit87:
Hello Gurus in the house. Please I need your candid advice. My study permit was refused last week. This is the second refusal. I realized useful info on this platform after I have applied. I had B.Sc. Economics 2.2. In my first application I applied diploma in business in Saskatchewan poly. It was refused based on Purpose of visit and travel experience. For the second (recent ) application I applied for diploma in fashion techniques and design in George Brown College. Reason for denial was purpose of visit. V. O said he didn't see prospect of the course in my country of residence after study.

From What I realized on this platform, Progression and consistent in study are very important probably I would have gone for Post graduate diploma in economics.
My question is
1. Should I apply for Post graduate diploma in economics since I can't get a master degree with my 2.2?
2. Changing courses for the 3rd time, wont this seem desperate and a red flag?
3. Should I forget applying for study permit in Canada as I have changed my course 2 times and this might already set a red flag to future applications irrespective of my eligibility and how good I Package my application?

Please I strongly rely on your responses as most info on this platform are helpful and genuine.

In most cases, the VO and career progression are like 5 but this doesn't mean numerous past applicants haven't been successful, as what is deemed necessary is the ability to be convincing on why that particular program especially if its not a progression of your previously passed which I think you've not quite be able to satisfy the VO convincingly in that aspect.

To your questions:

1. A PGD would be the very best idea right now, given that you've failed to convince the VO of why a Diploma twice and the tediousness in securing a Masters(as declared by you).

2. No!

3. Changing course doesn't warranty a red flag, globalization has dominated the perception of today's world which has made career change a world wide acceptable feat. If you have the resources, don't quit if its your dream.

Also note this, losers are the next winners. Do endeavour to request for your gcms notes before reapplying, and clear your thoughts from the haste of reapplication and desperation - its a chronic disease numerous applicants suffers.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 10:07am On Apr 21, 2019
Hi Nairaland fam,

Happy Easter!!!

TRV UPDATE 21/04/2019

Nothing much has changed since the last update... We have a sample of 47 hopefuls but i still want to encourage those that have not shared their timeline to please do. Let us contribute to this wonderful thread as we have benefited from it. This is the only way the thread can grow. For those that have submitted their timeline but haven't shared all the information we need, please help in sharing the full details (especially school resumption month and whether or not your application is new). In particular, we still need information on school resumption date and application type (new or re) from the following people; Dedecoder, Godatwork23, Oni2019, docsaj, Cutieflaky, Klem28, Udomas, Ancy 26, Omarzx, umulobi, and Iykedpetes.

Also, if anyone has received an update (i.e. medical requests, eligibility, etc), please share.

Also, if you guys have any ideas on how we can present this information better or what else we can add to it or remove from it, I am always open any adjustment that'll make this better.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 10:21am On Apr 21, 2019
Attached is the communications with MP

makano:
Ok good.. You never mentioned u had already sent the MP a message. since u have done that, u have to wait for a response from CIC.. If you dont get a response from the MP in like a week, you can send a reminder mail to the MP.. Goodluck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 10:26am On Apr 21, 2019
Deane:
Hello gurus in the house, please i need some help here. Thanks in advance guys.

Hello, with the total breakdown you provided. You need to show proof of living expenses in the amount of 10KCAD. I believe if you can show that in your savings account or fixed deposit then you are good to go. Stop stressing yourself. Lastly, make sure you provide evidence of your earnings (Payslips, salary account and letter of employment from your work place.)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 10:42am On Apr 21, 2019
Hello Austacus,

To answer your concern. I have never stayed in any of the country I visited.

When I left secondary in 2015 /I was just 15years then, I got a 5 years visitor visa to Canada. I went there to visit . While in Canada I applied for visitor visa to US, I got 2 years to US. At about 5month in Canada I left Canada to visit US was there couple of days and return back to Canada. I was going between Canada and US and never stayed beyond 6 month in any of these countries. When I got like 2 reject trying to convert my visitor status to student status applying from LA.

I return back to Nigeria to applied and got another rejected. Then left to Europe to visit my elder one and from there went to US to complete a GSDE for 3months and secure admission to a community college. Came back to Nigeria to apply for US student visa which I got that, but while I was in Nigeria, I applied for 4th time for Canada student visa June 2018. And till now I haven't gotten any reply however I am now doing my college in US. At least if they reject I now have a proper permit to apply from US, but don't know why they don't want to answer with positive or negative.

But I still have a valid visitor visa to Canada, So if I decide to enter Canada today, no one will stop me. But I cant go to school with a visitor visa. That is the issue I have ooo

If I had overstayed in any of these country, US wouldn't have granted me a 2 years student permit. And if I had some extra cash, I could have tried entering Canada with my visitor permit this Easter which is still valid till 2020.

Austacus:

Base on what I can see right now in your Gcms notes, your application is stuck in background checks (from the day you received the Gcms notes, I don't know if it must have changed now).
You're experiencing info sharing error (if you doubt me, check page 2 of your notes, you will see it)
You gotta ask yourself too many questions, cross check your application over and over again to make sure every detail corresponds to your US application, you gotta ask yourself if you've overstayed your visit to US or Canada (I don't know if you've ever traveled to Canada before), check yourself if you have any charges in the US or Canada etc
You need to scrutinize yourself and make sure the problem is not from your path.
If the problem is from your path, if the details, spellings are an oversight from your path, accept it from them and fix it, if you overstayed your visa, write a very good story to back it up.

Happy Easter to you all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2019
Omonoba1981:
Hello Austacus,

To answer your concern. I have never stayed in any of the country I visited.

When I left secondary in 2015 /I was just 15years then, I got a 5 years visitor visa to Canada. I went there to visit . While in Canada I applied for visitor visa to US, I got 2 years to US. At about 5month in Canada I left Canada to visit US was there couple of days and return back to Canada. I was going between Canada and US and never stayed beyond 6 month in any of these countries. When I got like 2 reject trying to convert my visitor status to student status applying from LA.

I return back to Nigeria to applied and got another rejected. Then left to Europe to visit my elder one and from there went to US to complete a GSDE for 3months and secure admission to a community college. Came back to Nigeria to apply for US student visa which I got that, but while I was in Nigeria, I applied for 4th time for Canada student visa June 2018. And till now I haven't gotten any reply however I am now doing my college in US. At least if they reject I now have a proper permit to apply from US, but don't know why they don't want to answer with positive or negative.

But I still have a valid visitor visa to Canada, So if I decide to enter Canada today, no one will stop me. But I cant go to school with a visitor visa. That is the issue I have ooo

If I had overstayed in any of these country, US wouldn't have granted me a 2 years student permit. And if I had some extra cash, I could have tried entering Canada with my visitor permit this Easter which is still valid till 2020.

Why do I feel that you're shouting at me?
The intonation is just too loud and your pride is irritating.

I wish you success in your application. (you have nothing to worry if your name spellings and DOB is intact in your US/CAN application) try and raise there attention why your info sharing is showing system error.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 11:36am On Apr 21, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hi Nairaland fam,

Happy Easter!!!

TRV UPDATE 21/04/2019

Nothing much has changed since the last update... We have a sample of 47 hopefuls but i still want to encourage those that have not shared their timeline to please do. Let us contribute to this wonderful thread as we have benefited from it. This is the only way the thread can grow. For those that have submitted their timeline but haven't shared all the information we need, please help in sharing the full details (especially school resumption month and whether or not your application is new). In particular, we still need information on school resumption date and application type (new or re) from the following people; Dedecoder, Godatwork23, Oni2019, docsaj, Cutieflaky, Klem28, Udomas, Ancy 26, Omarzx, umulobi, and Iykedpetes.

Also, if anyone has received an update (i.e. medical requests, eligibility, etc), please share.

Also, if you guys have any ideas on how we can present this information better or what else we can add to it or remove from it, I am always open any adjustment that'll make this better.
great job!
happy Easter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 11:40am On Apr 21, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hi Nairaland fam,

Happy Easter!!!

TRV UPDATE 21/04/2019

I am anticipating for your visa approval
Keep up with the good work

God will not disappoint you.
Bless you!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by umulobi: 11:51am On Apr 21, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hi Nairaland fam,

Happy Easter!!!

TRV UPDATE 21/04/2019

Thanks for the good work you are doing here.I have the following information to add to my existing record.
Application type:New
Resumption date:Fall/September '19

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jephehe: 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
Congratulations!!!

Is anyone coming to Waterloo, Kitchener & Cambridge Region for May intake?

Greetings from Kitchener.

Jeph

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 12:44pm On Apr 21, 2019
Amen oh! i receive it grin
Austacus:

Bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Toheebbello: 12:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
Good day house,

Anyone applied to Univ. Of Regina for fall 2019 here? Let's talk.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
Amen...I wish the same for you Sally
Austacus:

Bless you!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 1:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
JustMellow:

A Diploma after a B.sc? Not impossible at all but how well equipped are you with words that will convince the VO to relate with your career path/chosen program to be ideally a career progression than a tactics for immigration?

If it can't be convincingly/properly justified, move on from a Diploma to some other programs more higher.

Good luck!

What of PGD bro, and how would i go about it which school do u think will b a better option pls help me out I'm about to apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
Yes it is peculiar to some departments because mine only demanded an optional seat reservation fee of $100 CND

toysleek:

Hi Chiberta..Pls at what point did you pay the 2k?.I just submitted my Accept/decline form and no mention of tuition deposit..Or is it peculiar to some departments?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Deane: 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
Qudkom:

Hello, with the total breakdown you provided. You need to show proof of living expenses in the amount of 10KCAD. I believe if you can show that in your savings account or fixed deposit then you are good to go. Stop stressing yourself. Lastly, make sure you provide evidence of your earnings (Payslips, salary account and letter of employment from your work place.)

Thank you for so much your response. I really do appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
You just have to wait.
You can reapply to the department by paying a new application fee and you will be given a new admission letter that's how I did it.
Let me give my admission time line
I applied in Oct 2015 for fall 2016 refused in 2016 differed it for free to 2017 . I had to pay again 2018 to get readmitted for fall 2019
Anamekele:
Austacuis and Mekano please I need your help. My start date is on the first week of may. But I have not heard from then CIC after I did my biometric on the 18th March 2019.
Please help me because there is no room for deferment again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by toysleek(f): 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2019
chibertha:
Yes it is peculiar to some departments because mine only demanded an optional seat reservation fee of $100 CND

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 2:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
He is shouting at you. I got pissed off from his first reply to you.
Sorry dear it is social media.
Austacus:

I wish you success in your application. (you have nothing to worry if your name spellings and DOB is intact in your US/CAN application) try and raise there attention why your info sharing is showing system error.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 3:13pm On Apr 21, 2019
chibertha:
she*
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Shadypoza: 3:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hi,
I applied June 12, 2018. Till now which is April 21, i still haven't gotten any feedback from CIC. I applied for GCMS note and it seems the issue is with my eligibility which is yet to be decided, my application has taken 10 months already and am confused as to what to do. And London visa office is the one handling my student visa application. Please i just need urgent assistance/opinions on what and how to go about this

Wow. This is pathetic! Early April? And this is October. Heartless people. If I may ask, when did you do your Biometrics? Were you ever asked to come for Biometrics again? Have you been called for medicals? When did your eligibility review start? Do you have anything (maybe travel history) that could have made background check so long? Pls share your profile, order for GCMS. It will tell you why it's taking forever!

Thank You[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 3:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
ahmedio2017:

What of PGD bro, and how would i go about it which school do u think will b a better option pls help me out I'm about to apply

I'm still expecting ur reply sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 3:52pm On Apr 21, 2019
emmaxman:
Same school I got admitted to. Am still arranging my documents

Great!! smiley

What Campus?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pwettybii: 4:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
ahmedio2017:

Bsc,,,,,,
Hello house please has anyone been given a conditional offer by royal road university and the condition is to do fundamental accounting and manegerial accounting online courses ,if yes I want to ask if there was the use of webcam during the exam.cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OB411(m): 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hi Nairaland fam,

Happy Easter!!!

TRV UPDATE 21/04/2019

Let me add to this.

New application
Paper route
School resumption Sept. 2019
Application submitted 1 March 19
Biometrics done 1 March 19
Medicals Pending
Status is on background check/eligibility review

In God I trust.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SOPWriter: 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
ILoveDLord:
OK wonderful people!

THIS IS MY STORY, THIS IS MY SONG.

Post is a bit LONG OOOOOO

APPLICATION FOR MSC ADMISSION
-----------------------------------------------------------

----------------------

In all God be praised!

Keep the hope alive. It shall be well

O my God!

GUYS APPROVAL ALERT! This morning!!

I'm overwhelmed! I am coming back!!
God is good!
Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SOPWriter: 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hi Nairaland fam,

Happy Easter!!!

TRV UPDATE 21/04/2019

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 5:38pm On Apr 21, 2019
This is a bit funny. Shouting from a writing tone? Even me got confuse at a point, I am not a him.

I am a very bad English writer then, if you can deduce I shout from the tone of my reply. I went back read through over.

Never knew, one can use once writing to shout without adding common exclamation s.

Anyway, you already said it all, its social media. It where you come across different set of people and make assumption and conclude on a person perception.

chibertha:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hi Austacus, I got confuse myself when you said you felt am shouting . How and with which of the tone.

I came to this forum, with the sole intention to learn from people experience and possible share mine. If i have other intention I wouldn't have shared my experience. I went through my reply, which was initially a response to your concern without adding any exclamation expressing my tone.

When you say pride, I got confuse also. I was only sharing my experience, don't know any other way to sharing it. And the reason I shared other of my travel history was when you made mention of information sharing, I still cant get where the system error is from the GCMS note.

Which is one of the reason been here to learn from other people experience.

Austacus:

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2019
chibertha:
You just have to wait.
You can reapply to the department by paying a new application fee and you will be given a new admission letter that's how I did it.
Let me give my admission time line
I applied in Oct 2015 for fall 2016 refused in 2016 differed it for free to 2017 . I had to pay again 2018 to get readmitted for fall 2019
Thanks dear.
So I should contact the school and tell them that I want reapply? Or I should Wait until final decision is made.

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.