Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (864238 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 5p1naz(m): 1:18pm On May 02, 2019
ALT2:
Hello everyone, please has anyone used online generated bank statement for Visa application? My sponsor is out of the country and that's what he can provide.

If it is stamped and signed, yes it can be used. GT Bank has this option for current account holders.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 1:18pm On May 02, 2019
In a situation whereby there's a lumpsum in one's parent's account which is his/her retirement gratuity.

How do one show proof that this lumpsum is a retirement gratuity ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 5p1naz(m): 1:22pm On May 02, 2019
Shadypoza:
I checked bro, d answer there wasn't mean for me. Cos in my case i stated that d office handling my application is London visa office. But d answer there seems like a solution meant for someone else. Nonetheless, i appreciate ur kind gesture n hope our wait will turn to celebration soon.

Again, because you are a June 2018 applicant, the answer you seek is in that little text from makano that i directed you to. Do read through again carefully after the "defer admission part", pay more attention to the instruction on how to send the mails.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 1:26pm On May 02, 2019
You don't need any English language test for Canadian Study visa application.. In fact most Canadian schools do not request for it with the exception of few.. And to ur bolded statement, no one will spoon-feed you here, so kindly go to the first page of this thread and read up till when u come across ur answers cos dis questions u just asked has been asked 1001 times.. Peace
meccichrist:
good afternoon house,

I currently applied for a masters program to a Canadian university(Simon Fraser university) that didn't request for TOEFL because Nigeria official language is English.

But in some of the post I'm seeing TOEFL test score as part of documents to be submitted when applying for student visa. my question is should I write the exam or I should just continue my visa application without it.

Also, please I need a comprehensive information on students visa requirement.

Thanks for your response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 1:30pm On May 02, 2019
Nice one bro, I couldn't understand why he said he could not see anything in that post that relates to his application situation.. Peeps just prefer someone to be repeating himself over and over again... To read up is a problem.. Nice Job 5P1naz
5p1naz:

Again, because you are a June 2018 applicant, the answer you seek is in that little text from makano that i directed you to. Do read through again carefully after the "defer admission part", pay more attention to the instruction on how to send the mails.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dynatron: 1:59pm On May 02, 2019
Qudkom:

Firstly, in reply to your first paragraph. I know you have some documents together but please don't feel you need to rush an application. You need to sit down and consider all your options before submitting. But regardless I want you to put the following in perspective:

1. Your program starts July which means orientation probably kickstarts in June. Does the current visa processing time (cic) give you enough time to process your visa application?

2. I am sorry to say but this is my opinion. If your current job in which you haven't been there for 6months give you a supposed study leave your status and salary has to be convincing enough to a VO to compell you to come back home to it.

3. Does the the current job show progression in your career in relationships to your undergraduate degree and potential study program?.

Other than this I believe your hometies and financial portfolio is decent. So please plan accordingly.

Good day,

I have now differed my admission to January 2020 to give time for packaging my application.

On job and educational progression, Please can you look at this objectively for me?
I studied theatre arts and graduated in 2003.
Served in 2004, finished in 2005 Feb .
Started work in the bank in 2005 August as teller then customer service head and head branch operations.
Stopped bank work Oct 2017.
Started work as snr business process analyst January 2019.
Got admission to study M.A Leadership business.

I tried to tie my interest in the course to my experience as a supervisor in the bank and current job and my desire to improve upon my leadership skills best practices in the business space.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 2:22pm On May 02, 2019
do you know when it was updated to passed on your CIC account?

Schonebaby:

I did it while submitting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:37pm On May 02, 2019
IbikunleBukky:
I just linked my wife's paper app to online, just to see application refused. to send you letter or mail shocked @qudkom @justmellow and kind gurus your help is needed. waiting on their mail, or can I go ahead an order GCMS? If yes, how do I go about it?

so sorry for the delay, if you know the application number and UCI number, you can go ahead to request for the gcms notes otherwise wait till you officially gets the refusal letter that these details are contained in.

Based on the laid down rules by the moderator, I can't drop a third party site here. You can as well google gcms sites(there are really not genuine ones out there) or pm me

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 2:43pm On May 02, 2019
Please pardon me if this post will offend so many people. The gurus we are referring to here got their expertise through personal online research and life experiences. They are as busy as you think you are. I find it disturbing when some people come here and start asking questions that have been attended to repeatedly
I am not saying people should not ask questions, but the questions should be clarifications on what you have read yourself from part 1 to Part 15.
This reminds me of a friend I introduced Nairaland student visa thread to, he opened the thread once and he came back to me telling me he is too busy to be reading those posts but this guy is not busy spending hours watching European football matches.
If you cannot do a simple research on Nairaland, how would you cope with the rigorous research work Canadian study entails?
Please start your research work from this Nairaland so that you won't go and fumble in Canada.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:57pm On May 02, 2019
MercyItohan:

Thank you. This is my first time applying and I am doing it alone, I need guidance on SOP and I want to know if I am printing all the documents to be filled and then scanning it back
Thank you

Hello IT,

For online application, you can only upload not scan.

In regards to the question directed to Frankrobbn1, a transcript isn't a mandatory document but it could help convince/show the VO that the prospect course is related or correlate to a previous studies esp when switching to a different branch/field of previous studies. If intending to use the transcript to make a connected link(s), ink or indicate the courses/section with a mark while referencing it in your SOP for it to be more easier for the VO to digest.

If you stay in Benin metropolis we can connect, and could guide you more.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 3:12pm On May 02, 2019
IbikunleBukky:
I just linked my wife's paper app to online, just to see application refused. to send you letter or mail shocked @qudkom @justmellow and kind gurus your help is needed. waiting on their mail, or can I go ahead an order GCMS? If yes, how do I go about it?

Sorry about the refusal. Kindly follow the advice justmellow gave.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Shadypoza: 3:13pm On May 02, 2019
I just did bro, thanks alot for d info. Will do as u have said, London VO is actually responsible 4my visa application processing. While the school is actually 'Centennial college' in Ontario.
5p1naz:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 3:15pm On May 02, 2019
ALT2:
Hello everyone, please has anyone used online generated bank statement for Visa application? My sponsor is out of the country and that's what he can provide.

There has been successful applicants to this practical testimony in the erstwhile. Its safe to say, there is no harm applying with it.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 3:18pm On May 02, 2019
Dynatron:

Good day,

I have now differed my admission to January 2020 to give time for packaging my application.

On job and educational progression, Please can you look at this objectively for me?
I studied theatre arts and graduated in 2003.
Served in 2004, finished in 2005 Feb .
Started work in the bank in 2005 August as teller then customer service head and head branch operations.
Stopped bank work Oct 2017.
Started work as snr business process analyst January 2019.
Got admission to study M.A Leadership business.

I tried to tie my interest in the course to my experience as a supervisor in the bank and current job and my desire to improve upon my leadership skills best practices in the business space.

You have done a good job accounting for your study gaps. And the program you are going for shows good progression. However, you can never be too sure about the decisions of this VO. One might think you studied theatre arts and not showing progression while another might wonder why it took so long to apply for a post graduate program.

But I believe a well detailed sop explaining
1. Why it took you this long to apply
2. Wht you branched to another discipline after theatre arts.
3. What you intend to do after your program.

All the best. ....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 3:22pm On May 02, 2019
Asapant:
In a situation whereby there's a lumpsum in one's parent's account which is his/her retirement gratuity.

How do one show proof that this lumpsum is a retirement gratuity ?
Print the receipt for that exact transaction and attach it with her past employment letter and gratuity letter. And highlight the lumpsum deposit on the soa and link it with the supporting documents I stated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 4:12pm On May 02, 2019
There's no gratuity letter.
1. He has employment letter.
2. Letter of indemnity
3. Notification of retirement.
4. National pensions commission (retirement benefit registration slip)
Pls help.
Qudkom:

Print the receipt for that exact transaction and attach it with her past employment letter and gratuity letter. And highlight the lumpsum deposit on the soa and link it with the supporting documents I stated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by meccichrist: 4:13pm On May 02, 2019
makano:
You don't need any English language test for Canadian Study visa application.. In fact most Canadian schools do not request for it with the exception of few.. And to ur bolded statement, no one will spoon-feed you here, so kindly go to the first page of this thread and read up till when u come across ur answers cos dis questions u just asked has been asked 1001 times.. Peace

Tanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hurricanesgrace: 4:18pm On May 02, 2019
hardeholar1:
Good day all, I am directing this message to all trv hopefuls who applied for student Visa from January to February that haven't gotten a response from cic should start sending mail using the webform to communicate with cic to inquire about the status of their application as the current processing time is peg at 9 weeks , which I beleive would have exceeded the current processing time
And according to cic you are permitted to send a mail to them when it has exceeded the normal processing time
One love
Keep the positive spirit going
It shall end it praise

Really don't understand this cic guys

Most applications from January, if not all are still in background check.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:18pm On May 02, 2019
Someone else has answered the TOEFL question, so I'll only address the second-last paragraph.
Use Google.com.
It's actually quite simple to use.

meccichrist:
good afternoon house,

I currently applied for a masters program to a Canadian university(Simon Fraser university) that didn't request for TOEFL because Nigeria official language is English.

But in some of the post I'm seeing TOEFL test score as part of documents to be submitted when applying for student visa. my question is should I write the exam or I should just continue my visa application without it.

Also, please I need a comprehensive information on students visa requirement.

Thanks for your response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 4:23pm On May 02, 2019
mzjokky16:
Pls house, i couldn't get my 6 siblings birth certificate, they have been destroyed with water, and i dont want them to do new one so it wont look somehow suspicious to the VO.
What can i do now cos that is d only document delaying my submission.

If you is married, there wouldn't be much need including the birth certificate(s) of member(s) of your extended family non will it cause harm including it likewise for a single applicant, also do not need the birth certificate of member(s) of the extended family but just the nuclear family's birth certificate will be most essential.

But if wanting to include it by choice or to give a hinted perspective to the VO, go swear an affidavit and take it to NPC to get an issuance of their birth certificate or get either of your parents to go swear an affidavit of fact regarding their family composition with their respective date of birth and name well reflected in it or at the local govt council to get an issued family certificate.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:26pm On May 02, 2019
Asapant:
There's no gratuity letter.
1. He has employment letter.
2. Letter of indemnity
3. Notification of retirement.
4. National pensions commission (retirement benefit registration slip)
Pls help.
The documents you listed will do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 4:28pm On May 02, 2019
Thank Qudkom. Can the receipt of that exact transaction be printed in his bank, my Dad does not get mail notification of his transaction.

To futher prove my Dad's other source of income, should the "receipt of sales" he issues to customers be the duplicate receipts or we make photocopy of the receipts which will eventually be in a4 paper ?
Qudkom:

The documents you listed will do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 5:02pm On May 02, 2019
Mine is not here
hurricanesgrace:

Really don't understand this cic guys

Most applications from January, if not all are still in background check.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 5:05pm On May 02, 2019
Yes I am working and don't need a sponsor but just used my husband as back up sponsor.

Qudkom:

It doesn't matter. You are working and apparently still need a sponsor right?

Even applicants in their late 30's still seek sponsors. So the whole ussue surrounding dependents is speculative and not related to you having a job or whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:09pm On May 02, 2019
Hi, please what was the outcome?

Seatea:

Paper Route
New Applicant
May 6th Resumption date (Fanshawe College)
Application date Jan 11th 2019
Medicals Passed April 1st 2019
Mail to go pick my passport April 3rd

Didnt link my application so i dont know the status of those i skipped
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 5:14pm On May 02, 2019
Thank Qudkom. Can the receipt of that exact transaction be printed in his bank, my Dad does not get mail notification of his transaction.

To futher prove my Dad's other source of income, should the "receipt of sales" he issues to customers be the duplicate receipts or we make photocopy of the receipts which will eventually be in a4 paper ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 5:15pm On May 02, 2019
Approval ! He said he received a correspondent letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 5:43pm On May 02, 2019
Asapant:

You don't need unnecessary supporting documents that will confuse the vo. Just stick to what I adviced. You can enquire at the bank if you can get the exact receipt for the transaction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 5:44pm On May 02, 2019
chibertha:
Yes I am working and don't need a sponsor but just used my husband as back up sponsor.

Then your husband to the vo is a CO-SPONSOR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 5:44pm On May 02, 2019
congrats 042viber

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.