Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,851 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (863901 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:55pm On May 02, 2019
Hello,

It's taken me long to answer this because I saw someone else had replied to it, but I want to speak about refund policy for Brandon University (BU).

If you're going to BU, have paid a part or all of your tuition, and haven't been issued your visa, contact Iris Wang of the International Student Office, before the first day of resumption about refund. She'll send you a form to fill - the form for withdrawing from classes - and would even guide you on how to fill it if you ask her to. You have to print the form, fill it with a pen, in capital letters where necessary, email in small letters; scan the form and send back to her. She'll process it and withdraw you from the classes. She'll then speak to Financial and Registration (Fin & Reg) to initiate your refund.

PS 1: initiate the refund protocol on or before resumption of classes so you can get your full tuition refund. If you initiate the refund before resumption because of late visa issuance, and the refund is processed, when you get the visa, you MAY have to reapply to BU for that admission.

2. If you initiate the refund process late - after the stipulated deadlines - you may be given half or part of that money you paid, depending on how late you started the process. It'd be calculated by Fin & Reg, and the remainder would be refunded.

3. If you initiate the refund process 10 days after school resumption/10 days after the refund deadline, you'll most likely get very little of your money back. BUT if you get the visa after that, you won't need to reapply for admission as admission office will see you as an active student. If after getting your visa, you're still interested in attending BU, you could speak to Fin & Reg asking them to move that money to your next resumption date.

Let me explain no. 3 properly: so you get admission for September - but aren't able to make it then because of delayed visa issuance - but you've asked for a refund because of this delay, howbeit you asked for the refund 10+ days after the deadline; if the visa is issued while the refund is being processed and you still want to attend BU, speak to Fin & Reg, ask them to move the refunded amount to January or September of the next year (whichever applies to you) so you could pay your tuition with it. This would only apply to someone who can't meet up classes for a particular term because of delayed visa issuance. But if you could start immediately, and not miss any classes, please do.

God bless.

Frank274:

3) why he printed the account to that time is because he has 38m balance then so I don’t how much left now.. If he prints to the end of April the money has reduce as he said.
Please the statement he printed has his company name not his own name but he is the m/D CEO of the company. What do you have to say here please

7) the marriage certificate I got from him is a prove of his married to my sister... it that ok?
Then for adding my mom statement or her expired passport photo with Travel history is to show a second sponsor. Is that ok?

A) Please my school is Brandon University.. do you know the refund policy?
B) I have a two plot of land I bought bearing my name but never surveyed it... can I use it because I only have an IRREVOCABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY of the land?

C) my late dad has three plots of a landed property, surveyed and registered in lands the documents has my name and my elder bro name too, now I don’t have his death certificate as prove of its an inheritance from him.. but I still have his burial brochure can I use that? Or must it be date Cert?

D) my in-law gave me only his surveyed landed property but no irrevocable power of attorney can I use it?

And please do I have to include all this properties in my Sop or do I have to write a separate explanation letter for it? Bro please please can I have written SOP but can you help me to review it? No vex with all this my disturbance.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 6:51pm On May 02, 2019
It still does, you can check your online account. if its paper you can link your account to online.
Schonebaby:

Hi
When did u get it. I got the same last week. I also know someone else that got the same last week. I've done medicals and have been passed tho. U might get medical request soon I guess.
I don't think it really matters anymore. Before, it used to signify final decision update. But now, I just don't know anymore. I'll suggest u take your mind off them and just focus on ur prayers.
Well other gurus can shed light on this for u....
I wish u well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hurricanesgrace: 7:38pm On May 02, 2019
Chukwuemekatehi:
Mine is not here

I will encourage you then to share your timeline so that @sillysassysally can add you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 9:22pm On May 02, 2019
wealthmiq:
Anyone else ever received biometric validity mail without medicals? this is scaring me. Please if anyone has had this experience before let me know what happened after. first time applicant. I applied March 21. this is the first email I am receiving from them. please someone should respond

Based on personal observation, getting the biometrics validity mail before medical request isn't much of a good sign but doing an upfront or get the validity mail after medical pass seems to be more of an uncertain hope than the latter.

BTW on some occasions too, receiving the letter after medical pass isn't a guarantee/contingent of an approval, as an applicant can pass medical and yet fail eligibility for a SP.

Yours might just be different, keep the hope alive.

Hope this helps,

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by snowlordng(m): 9:31pm On May 02, 2019
Shadypoza:
Congrats bro. Really happy urs came out successful. Am praying n hoping i will testify as well.
pls what did you use for home tie
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 9:43pm On May 02, 2019
quote author=tajmal post=78040510][/quote]

The routine of IRCC sending a biometrics validity mail to applicants whose applications are almost ripe for a pluck became traditional from late 2018 - can't vividly recall the exact month but I think its in August.

I pray your luck shines in perfection this time, shinning both by day and night, and brighter than the sun and moon, and glitters more the stars.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frank274: 10:05pm On May 02, 2019
Bracha:
Hello,

It's taken me long to answer this because I saw someone else had replied to it, but I want to speak about refund policy for Brandon University (BU).

If you're going to BU, have paid a part or all of your tuition, and haven't been issued your visa, contact Iris Wang of the International Student Office, before the first day of resumption about refund. She'll send you a form to fill - the form for withdrawing from classes - and would even guide you on how to fill it if you ask her to. You have to print the form, fill it with a pen, in capital letters where necessary, email in small letters; scan the form and send back to her. She'll process it and withdraw you from the classes. She'll then speak to Financial and Registration (Fin & Reg) to initiate your refund.

PS 1: initiate the refund protocol on or before resumption of classes so you can get your full tuition refund. If you initiate the refund before resumption because of late visa issuance, and the refund is processed, when you get the visa, you MAY have to reapply to BU for that admission.

2. If you initiate the refund process late - after the stipulated deadlines - you may be given half or part of that money you paid, depending on how late you started the process. It'd be calculated by Fin & Reg, and the remainder would be refunded.

3. If you initiate the refund process 10 days after school resumption/10 days after the refund deadline, you'll most likely get very little of your money back. BUT if you get the visa after that, you won't need to reapply for admission as admission office will see you as an active student. If after getting your visa, you're still interested in attending BU, you could speak to Fin & Reg asking them to move that money to your next resumption date.

Let me explain no. 3 properly: so you get admission for September - but aren't able to make it then because of delayed visa issuance - but you've asked for a refund because of this delay, howbeit you asked for the refund 10+ days after the deadline; if the visa is issued while the refund is being processed and you still want to attend BU, speak to Fin & Reg, ask them to move the refunded amount to January or September of the next year (whichever applies to you) so you could pay your tuition with it. This would only apply to someone who can't meet up classes for a particular term because of delayed visa issuance. But if you could start immediately, and not miss any classes, please do.

God bless.

Thanks so so much bro thanks for your concern.
Can you also look into other questions I asked if you can drop some answers. Pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by udomas(m): 11:08pm On May 02, 2019
Good day all, I am directing this message to all trv hopefuls who applied for student Visa from January to February that haven't gotten a response from cic should start sending mail using the webform to communicate with cic to inquire about the status of their application as the current processing time is peg at 9 weeks , which I beleive would have exceeded the current processing time
And according to cic you are permitted to send a mail to them when it has exceeded the normal processing time
One love

Nice one there!

I am with you on this. Can you assist a brother with link to webform? I tried navigating through their webpage for this but could barely locate one to address this.

Thank you.
Keep the positive spirit going
It shall end it praise [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Soulpower: 11:22pm On May 02, 2019
Please, bosses/gurus, allow a few minutes of your precious time to answer, If one has funds that covered the entire expenses of a year out of a two-year PG program, as a sole sponsor, will it be advisable to go ahead to apply?

Landed property is also available.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 11:30pm On May 02, 2019
Hi,

I'm a woman, not a man or bro.

I cannot look into your question at the moment, I'll probably do so some other time - I'm not promising anything.

Frank274:

Thanks so so much bro thanks for your concern.
Can you also look into other questions I asked if you can drop some answers. Pls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 11:41pm On May 02, 2019
Applied on 17th April
Online route
Reaplication
No bio metrics
Starting Fall 2019
No medicals yet

hurricanesgrace:

I will encourage you then to share your timeline so that @sillysassysally can add you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Theyolu: 11:49pm On May 02, 2019
sillysassysally:
TRV UPDATE 28/04/2019

Hi Nairaland fam,
Happy Sunday!!!

Over the week, we had only one approval that was shared... Apart from that, things haven’t changed much. I still want to encourage those that have not shared their timeline to please do as this exercise would help us establish a timeline around how CIC operates. For those that have submitted their timeline but haven't shared all the information we need, please help us in sharing the outstanding information. In particular, we still need information on school resumption date and application type (new or re) from the following people; Godatwork23, Oni2019, docsaj, Cutieflaky, Klem28, Udomas, Ancy 26, Omarzx, and Iykedpetes, while we need information on the date that Valprincx upfront medical status was updated to passed. Also, if anyone has received an update (i.e. medical requests, eligibility, etc), please share because as it stands now, almost all of us are still on background check.

By the look of things, it seems as though CIC is giving priority to those with closer resumption dates. Roughly 90% of the people resuming in May have all gotten feedback on their application – even though some of them applied after some applicants resuming in Aug-19 and Sep-19 applied.

In addition, Processing time on CIC website has fallen to 9 weeks from 10 weeks in the preceding week and from about >20 weeks last year. The trend going forward is left to see but we can only hope that it continues to trend downwards. I reckon this isn't a peak period.

Finally, if you guys have any ideas on how we can present this information better or what else we can add to it or remove from it, I am always open any adjustment that'll make this better.

It shall end in praise!

New application
Application date: April 24
Biometrics: April 30
Resumption: September 2019
Online route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by udomas(m): 12:12am On May 03, 2019
Application type: new application
Route: online
Date of app: Feb 21st
Biometric collection letter notification : Feb 22nd
Biometric capture / update : Feb 25th
Application status : Submitted starting from then till date.
School resumption date: May 6th 2019 but with a new date being Sept 3rd 2019.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 6:28am On May 03, 2019
good
makano:
Defer ur admission to the next Resumption date and notify the school about the delay of ur Study permit.. Also send like 5 emails per day to all the Offices i.e London, Lagos, Kenya, Ghana e.t.c explaining ur predicament and make ur Subject VERY URGENT. Do it through out this week and lets see what comes out of it, also in addition send mails to the MP in charge of ur province(where ur school is located), u can google this tho. Good luck.. (Dunno which office is in charge of ur application)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 6:35am On May 03, 2019
Correct.

Qudkom:

Then your husband to the vo is a CO-SPONSOR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:35am On May 03, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 6:48am On May 03, 2019
Austacus:
If you have folks that have PR in Canada and you have 2,3 years of work experience... Don't kill yourself with study visa
Go for express entry straight up
study visa is stressful, what am seeing here so far eeh
Anyways, greetings from the other side!

All man just dey happy for here!
Folks or nuclear family? Curious

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:50am On May 03, 2019
Tlontin:

Folks or nuclear family? Curious

Moreover, if you qualify for express entry please go for it.
Folks or no folks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tajmal: 8:32am On May 03, 2019
JustMellow:

quote author=tajmal post=78040510]

The routine of IRCC sending a biometrics validity mail to applicants whose applications are almost ripe for a pluck became traditional from late 2018 - can't vividly recall the exact month but I think its in August.

I pray your luck shines in perfection this time, shinning both by day and night, and brighter than the sun and moon, and glitters more the stars.

Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tajmal: 8:35am On May 03, 2019
Has anyone accessed the cic.gc.ca website lately, it seems like the site is not responding?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 9:12am On May 03, 2019
Not much good news... Processing time is now 10 weeks from 9 weeks as at last week.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 9:47am On May 03, 2019
Good morning all.

Do I need to add a letter of introduction to my app from where I did my student I.T stating they will employ me after am done with studies in Canny

Note I just finished my nysc this yr and still young
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:58am On May 03, 2019
sillysassysally:
Not much good news... Processing time is now 10 weeks from 9 weeks as at last week.

It's getting closer to the peak period. I don't see the processing times decreasing again rather it would significantly increase as time goes on. The Canadian embassies have started receiving tonnes of applications from prospective applicants. I would advice applicants to start applying for their visas so as to be able to meet up with their resumption date.

It's nice to be back again. cool Thanks to everyone (JustMellow, Bracha, Austacus, Qukdom and co...) that has been assisting in rendering selfless service to this thread during my absence. It shall end in praises.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:08am On May 03, 2019
Asapant:
Good morning all.

Do I need to add a letter of introduction to my app from where I did my student I.T stating they will employ me after am done with studies in Canny

Note I just finished my nysc this yr and still young

Yes you can. It shows that your employability is considerably high upon the completion of your studies in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:11am On May 03, 2019
udomas:
Application type: new application
Route: online
Date of app: Feb 21st
Biometric collection letter notification : Feb 22nd
Biometric capture / update : Feb 25th
Application status : Submitted starting from then till date.
School resumption date: May 6th 2019 but with a new date being Sept 3rd 2019.

Hello,

Ever since you applied for your visa have you received a biometrics validity letter? This will help me determine the status of your application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.