Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866552 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by otunbanimi: 10:57am On May 03, 2019
Good morning People,

Please I need some advice!

1. I got admitted to University of Regina. Tho I applied for Masters in Human Resource Management because I have bsc in HRM but I was given Masters in Administration. Hope it follows course progression?

2. I intend using a sponsor that we share same surname with a balance of 30M in his account. Also I want a colleague to transfer 2M to my account for onward transfer to my mutual fund account. So it can read 2.5M.

A. Will I need to state reason for the bulk transfer to my account.

B. Do I need to print my Mutual fund account holdings or my bank account SOA or both?

3. Can I go ahead and use my conditional admission offer letter for my study permit application? They are still expecting my ND Transcripts from my sch tho they have received my BSC.

Please assist with your advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by udomas(m): 11:07am On May 03, 2019
Hello,

Ever since you applied for your visa have you received a biometrics validity letter? This will help me determine the status of your application.

No. I only received a notification through my email to login to my account for a biometric update.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Time2win(m): 11:12am On May 03, 2019
sillysassysally:
Not much good news... Processing time is now 10 weeks from 9 weeks as at last week.
You dey here too cheesy Just passing by
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Shadypoza: 11:33am On May 03, 2019
I don't understand, could u be more detailed so i can give a better answer
snowlordng:
pls what did you use for home tie
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 11:58am On May 03, 2019
LOL
Where else do you know me from?

Time2win:

You dey here too cheesy Just passing by
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:59am On May 03, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

It's getting closer to the peak period. I don't see the processing times decreasing again rather it would significantly increase as time goes on. The Canadian embassies have started receiving tonnes of applications from prospective applicants. I would advice applicants to start applying for their visas so as to be able to meet up with their resumption date.

It's nice to back again. cool Thanks to everyone (JustMellow, Bracha, Austacus, Qukdom and co...) that has been assisting in rendering selfless service to this thread during my absence. It shall end in praises.

Good to have you back in a whole piece, and hope the ministry is moving forward?!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:04pm On May 03, 2019
sillysassysally:
LOL
Where else do you know me from?

US thread, that's where I have seen your moniker before cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oni2019: 12:49pm On May 03, 2019
Good Morning Everyone.

I applied and did biometric since January. Till date no feedback. Do I need to contact them now for update?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 1:50pm On May 03, 2019
otunbanimi:
Good morning People,

1. I got admitted to University of Regina. Tho I applied for Masters in Human Resource Management because I have bsc in HRM but I was given Masters in Administration. Hope it follows course progression?

2. I intend using a sponsor that we share same surname with a balance of 30M in his account. Also I want a colleague to transfer 2M to my account for onward transfer to my mutual fund account. So it can read 2.5M.

B. Do I need to print my Mutual fund account holdings or my bank account SOA or both?

3. Can I go ahead and use my conditional admission offer letter for my study permit application? They are still expecting my ND Transcripts from my sch tho they have received my BSC.

Congrats on your admission, is the admission offer for fall or winter? When did you get the offer letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 2:07pm On May 03, 2019
Application decision: REFUSED
Application submitted: 20th February 2019 ONLINE.
Biometrics: 25th of February
Upfront medicals passed 24th of April
Application decision: 1st of may.

I've ordered my GCMS NOTES, while I'm not reapplying, I'm simply a curious cat.

Processed in NAIROBI.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by otunbanimi: 2:18pm On May 03, 2019
kcosam:

Congrats on your admission, is the admission offer for fall or winter? When did you get the offer letter?

It’s valid from fall 2019 till summer 2020 but I want to put in for my study permit now so I can meet the fall (September 2019)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TFLASHOGEE(m): 2:26pm On May 03, 2019
AAO7:

Processed in NAIROBI.
sorry about the delay bro all is well as you have have applied for your GCMS which will likely take up to 30 days, it will be fine to post your profile so gurus can look at it and advice properly and guide you till you get your GCMS and I advise you to reaply and hopefully and surely you will get it in your next application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 2:36pm On May 03, 2019
Thanks!
Will share my profile soon.
Thank you

TFLASHOGEE:
sorry about the delay bro all is well as you have have applied for your GCMS which will likely take up to 30 days, it will be fine to post your profile so gurus can look at it and advice properly and guide you till you get your GCMS and I advise you to reaply and hopefully and surely you will get it in your next application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 2:43pm On May 03, 2019
Just got a mail from cic and vfs my processed passport is ready (counterfoil) also got another correspondence mail confirming my visa validity from cic.

You won't believe vfs is just sending me my tracking number after the whole peo process.

P.s: The whole process took 9days. I call them everyday just to know the status even the customer care lady was like you again! !! grin

I wish everyone a speedy response. Keep bugging them until they give you a favourable response.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 2:50pm On May 03, 2019
AAO7:

Processed in NAIROBI.
sorry about the delay..what was stated as the basis for the refusal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 2:52pm On May 03, 2019
Congratulations
Qudkom:
Just got a mail from cic and vfs my processed passport is ready (counterfoil) also got another correspondence mail confirming my visa validity from cic.

You won't believe vfs is just sending me my tracking number after the whole peo process.

P.s: The whole process took 9days. I call them everyday just to know the status even the customer care lady was like you again! !! grin

I wish everyone a speedy response. Keep bugging them until they give you a favourable response.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Caddy123: 3:11pm On May 03, 2019
Congratulations bro.
When did you apply? And how long between your eligibility review and decision? Congrats again.

quote author=Qudkom post=78071853]Just got a mail from cic and vfs my processed passport is ready (counterfoil) also got another correspondence mail confirming my visa validity from cic.

I wish everyone a speedy response. Keep bugging them until they give you a favourable response. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 3:29pm On May 03, 2019
Good day family,

My application activity so far

application type - reapplication paper route VFS Lagos
Applied on the date - Friday 22/03/2019
Upfront medicals are done at IOM Lagos on 21/03/2019
No biometrics as the one I did in April 2016 was still valid - I checked on the validity tool and added a print copy of the screen
March 26th I got a mail from CIC Lagos advising me of my application number and forwarding of my application to Nairobi, Kenya for processing.
10th of April I got a call from IOM that my medicals had been sent to the embassy.
3rd of May got an email from CIC Nairobi advising that my biometric is valid till 2026/04/13
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 3:32pm On May 03, 2019
Qudkom:

Congratulations, please share ur timeline and profile so we can learn from that. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by otunbanimi: 3:38pm On May 03, 2019
sorry to bother you guys! please kindly drop your advice to enable make vital decisions

otunbanimi:
Good morning People,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 3:55pm On May 03, 2019
kcosam:

Congratulations, please share ur timeline and profile so we can learn from that. Cheers
I did that a long time ago. You can check my previous posts.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 3:57pm On May 03, 2019
chibertha:
Good day family,

My application activity so far

application type - reapplication paper route VFS Lagos
Applied on the date - Friday 22/03/2019
Upfront medicals are done at IOM Lagos on 21/03/2019
No biometrics as the one I did in April 2016 was still valid - I checked on the validity tool and added a print copy of the screen
March 26th I got a mail from CIC Lagos advising me of my application number and forwarding of my application to Nairobi, Kenya for processing.
10th of April I got a call from IOM that my medicals had been sent to the embassy.
3rd of May got an email from CIC Nairobi advising that my biometric is valid till 2026/04/13

So far it is positive. There is a good progression in your updates

Biometrics. ....medical updated. ......biometric corresponding and apparently background and eligibility review is active?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:00pm On May 03, 2019
Oni2019:
Good Morning Everyone.

I applied and did biometric since January. Till date no feedback. Do I need to contact them now for update?
Yes!!!!! Absolutely. Raise a webform and send a csi (case specific inquiry) to the consulate responsible for your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:06pm On May 03, 2019
otunbanimi:
Good morning People,

Your intended program correlates with your bsc. However the "same surname" thing is deeper than that. You have to show or peoof the necessary relationship between you and the 3rd party. Also provide sufficient proof the person will sponsor you. If you haven't paid your tuition I will advise you do so through the sponsors account.

You can print any viable financial support documents you have. Including the mutual fund
account.

You also need a strong sop to bind everything together.

You cant use the conditional admission letter. You haven't met the conditions specified by the school. Meet the condition and get a final acceptance letter. That is the one you will use or better still attach the conditional letter with a tuition receipt since thr conditions aren't monetary.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:10pm On May 03, 2019
For prospective applicants for fall admission. I wl advice you start rounding up with your document compilation among others. It doesn't get pretty around this period. From experience there are unusual delays and all with trv applications.

I will advise you submit before the end of the month. The volume of applications increase between May and july. God bless and all the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 4:32pm On May 03, 2019
Qudkom:

Gracious Lord. Thank you.
Congratulations.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vsylva(m): 4:33pm On May 03, 2019
Congrats Bro... I wanna begin my Student Visa soon.. just trying to sort out my Proof of Funds..

Qudkom:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oni2019: 4:38pm On May 03, 2019
Qudkom:

Yes!!!!! Absolutely. Raise a webform and send a csi (case specific inquiry) to the consulate responsible for your application.

Thank you.

Please how do I go about it? What is Case Specific Inquiry?

Kindly assist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ic3tipz(m): 4:46pm On May 03, 2019
sillysassysally:
TRV UPDATE 28/04/2019

Hi Nairaland fam,
Happy Sunday!!!

Over the week, we had only one approval that was shared... Apart from that, things haven’t changed much. I still want to encourage those that have not shared their timeline to please do as this exercise would help us establish a timeline around how CIC operates. For those that have submitted their timeline but haven't shared all the information we need, please help us in sharing the outstanding information. In particular, we still need information on school resumption date and application type (new or re) from the following people; Godatwork23, Oni2019, docsaj, Cutieflaky, Klem28, Udomas, Ancy 26, Omarzx, and Iykedpetes, while we need information on the date that Valprincx upfront medical status was updated to passed. Also, if anyone has received an update (i.e. medical requests, eligibility, etc), please share because as it stands now, almost all of us are still on background check.

By the look of things, it seems as though CIC is giving priority to those with closer resumption dates. Roughly 90% of the people resuming in May have all gotten feedback on their application – even though some of them applied after some applicants resuming in Aug-19 and Sep-19 applied.

In addition, Processing time on CIC website has fallen to 9 weeks from 10 weeks in the preceding week and from about >20 weeks last year. The trend going forward is left to see but we can only hope that it continues to trend downwards. I reckon this isn't a peak period.

Finally, if you guys have any ideas on how we can present this information better or what else we can add to it or remove from it, I am always open any adjustment that'll make this better.

It shall end in praise!

New application
Application date: April 26
Biometrics: April 29
upfront medicals

Resumption: September 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:53pm On May 03, 2019
Oni2019:

Thank you.

Please how do I go about it? What is Case Specific Inquiry?

Kindly assist
Send an email to the consulate responsible for your application. Check online I.e google- kenya cic. You will get the inquiry mail address.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 5:05pm On May 03, 2019
otunbanimi:

It’s valid from fall 2019 till summer 2020 but I want to put in for my study permit now so I can meet the fall (September 2019)
I wish you all the best, am also waiting a decision from U of R as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.