Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (871348 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emmaxman(m): 5:31pm On May 03, 2019
Hello house, Pls help with these questions. I'm still arranging my documents.
1. How does affidavit of support looks like and what is included in affidavit of support.
2. Is all documents to be submitted in paper route are going to be original?.
Pls, anyone with the link to the step by step paper route should post it for me.
3. Do I need to make my sister a co-sponsor bcoz we operate a joint acct which I'm going to present?.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 6:01pm On May 03, 2019
My Dad wishes to include receipt of sales of his business.

When Including cash receipts of sales. Must the receipt be photocopy in A4 paper or just the duplicate of those receipts as they are in rectangular shape ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 7:37pm On May 03, 2019
I add duplicates of house rent receipts I gave to my tenants because our reciept book let is in triplicate this to explain some of the monies that entered my account apart from my salary.

So you can add photocopies
Ensure to mention it in your SOP/LOE.

Asapant:
My Dad wishes to include receipt of sales of his business.

When Including cash receipts of sales. Must the receipt be photocopy in A4 paper or just the duplicate of those receipts as they are in rectangular shape ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 7:40pm On May 03, 2019
Go to page 1 of this part and cic website, there lies all the information you seek.
No originals only photocopies

emmaxman:
Hello house, Pls help with these questions. I'm still arranging my documents.
1. How does affidavit of support looks like and what is included in affidavit of support.
2. Is all documents to be submitted in paper route are going to be original?.
Pls, anyone with the link to the step by step paper route should post it for me.
3. Do I need to make my sister a co-sponsor bcoz we operate a joint acct which I'm going to present?.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 7:57pm On May 03, 2019
Did you notorize the copies of the duplicate receipts ?
chibertha:
I add duplicates of house rent receipts I gave to my tenants because our reciept book let is in triplicate this to explain some of the monies that entered my account apart from my salary.

So you can add photocopies
Ensure to mention it in your SOP/LOE.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:15pm On May 03, 2019
udomas:

No. I only received a notification through my email to login to my account for a biometric update.

Be hopeful! You should receive an update on your account within a short time from now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yemilasko: 9:28pm On May 03, 2019
hello house..here i am in canada.����...i will like to share my poe cuz i was abit concernd abt that before leavg nigeria..and cuz my cousin was once denied at d POE..my journey was smooth.the distance frm casablanca to montreal was jst tiring cuz i went with my daughtr...but thank God,i Got to montreal airport lately ,was asked to go to immigratn 1...and our conversatiom goes thus.....

cbsa........hi
me...........hello
cbsa........passport pls
me...........i handed it over
cbsa.........can u gv me 5min to print ur study permit pls
me...........yea..and i dropped my passport and decided to v a seat
Aftr 5min he called me bck and handed it over to me,he asked if my daughtr was on studnt visa too ,i answerd No and he said welcome to canada ,you can go fr ur baggage pls...
i was surprised nothg was asked,no questn..nothg
meanwile i saw other pple with thorough checking ,some were directed to immigration 2,i met some sitting down and left them still sitting ...
I return all the glory to the Almighty God and i want us to alwys put evrythg befr God...my prayer point was alwys (GOD I DNT WANT ANY DELAY AT THE POE ,DEY SHLD JUST HAND OVER MY STUDY PERMIT AND SAY WELCOME TO CANADA) i actually got it d way i wanted...atyms wen im prayg i usually say is it possible but now i knw my God is awesome....i pray fr every1 waitg for response fr visa shall have a positive response IJN.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by litterbug(f): 10:02pm On May 03, 2019
Amen ooooo.

yemilasko:
hello house..here i am in canada.����...i will like to share my poe cuz i was abit concernd abt that before leavg nigeria..and cuz my cousin was once denied at d POE..my journey was smooth.the distance frm casablanca to montreal was jst tiring cuz i went with my daughtr...but thank God,i Got to montreal airport lately ,was asked to go to immigratn 1...and our conversatiom goes thus.....

cbsa........hi
me...........hello
cbsa........passport pls
Aftr 5min he called me bck and handed it over to me,he asked if my daughtr was on studnt visa too ,i answerd No and he said welcome to canada ,you can go fr ur baggage pls...
meanwile i saw other pple with thorough checking ,some were directed to immigration 2,i met some sitting down and left them still sitting ...
I return all the glory to the Almighty God and i want us to alwys put evrythg befr God...my prayer point was alwys (GOD I DNT WANT ANY DELAY AT THE POE ,DEY SHLD JUST HAND OVER MY STUDY PERMIT AND SAY WELCOME TO CANADA) i actually got it d way i wanted...atyms wen im prayg i usually say is it possible but now i knw my God is awesome....i pray fr every1 waitg for response fr visa shall have a positive response IJN.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nonipeter: 10:15pm On May 03, 2019
Frank please my school told me that I didn't meet the requirements for my under graduate program but they told me about alternate application Please I didn't know I will do please advice me well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 11:55pm On May 03, 2019
Oga frank, greetings from maple land

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hope95: 12:09am On May 04, 2019
Anyone here admitted for study and resumption September 2019? To UPEI

University of Prince Edward Island.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by snowlordng(m): 12:20am On May 04, 2019
Shadypoza:
I don't understand, could u be more detailed so i can give a better answer
like what did you use to convince them that you gonna come bk after schooling der
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 1:04am On May 04, 2019
PLEASE, ANYBODY IN NEW BRUNSWICK COMMUNITY COLLEGE? OR ABOUT APPLYING? OR DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD IDEA OF THE SCHOOL OR SOMEONE WHO HAS ATTENDED

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 2:13am On May 04, 2019
Toronto Pearson (YYZ) immigration officers are just too nice

If you don’t see work 20hrs during academic session and 40hrs during the holiday in your work permit..., do not panic. So far you have your social insurance number (sin)/eligibility for a work permit, then you can work 20hrs during school session and 40hrs non-session that what the immigration officer told me.
Always remind them of working On and off campus.

Make sure you know the date of your study completion
Name of your school and location
Canada home address
Course of study
Then smile and be bold

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by opetomi: 4:01am On May 04, 2019
Hello!
I am new here and I have tried to understand this whole process but I must confess, it's hard.
Congrats to those that have had a suceessful journey so far and a big thank you to those that take time to put amateurs like us through. I have some questions though.

1. When can I apply to a university (Starting from next year)
2. With all this monies, does it mean we that don't have parents that are millionaires shouldn't even bother ourselves?
3. If I get someone to stand as my sponsor but he won't be the one to actually pay my fees over there, can that work?
4. Is it possible for me to get there and hustle myself to pay my fees?
5.I have an uncle over there(more like an in-law) and I plan on staying with him, in what way can this help me in securing a study visa?

I would really appreciate if I can get answers to this questions and also advice from you guys on how to go about this whole thing in general. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mulikky: 6:41am On May 04, 2019
yemilasko:

cbsa........hi
me...........hello
cbsa........passport pls
It means we were on the same flight and my story was similar with immigration 2 stand but my best moment was the fact that I was already in Casablanca for 8hours layover before my immigration introduction letter was updated on my Cic account. It took God for me to get it printed within the airport as everyone was just saying there was no facility for such in the airport.
Let's keep believing in our dreams

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 8:19am On May 04, 2019
Hey has your medical results been updated on your CIC portal?

chibertha:
Good day family,

My application activity so far

application type - reapplication paper route VFS Lagos
Applied on the date - Friday 22/03/2019
Upfront medicals are done at IOM Lagos on 21/03/2019
No biometrics as the one I did in April 2016 was still valid - I checked on the validity tool and added a print copy of the screen
March 26th I got a mail from CIC Lagos advising me of my application number and forwarding of my application to Nairobi, Kenya for processing.
10th of April I got a call from IOM that my medicals had been sent to the embassy.
3rd of May got an email from CIC Nairobi advising that my biometric is valid till 2026/04/13

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 8:35am On May 04, 2019
yemilasko:

cbsa........hi
me...........hello
cbsa........passport pls
Amen, please which school did you get admitted in Montreal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ori01: 9:56am On May 04, 2019
Hi buddies,
Just need few responses from y’all.
Im a new applicant I applied last month for my study permit (st. Clair college) meanwhile i just got back from Canada. My questions are:
Will i have to do another biometrics?
Will i get a mail on when I should do my medicals??
How long does the whole application take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 10:27am On May 04, 2019
Ori01:
Hi buddies,
Just need few responses from y’all.
Im a new applicant I applied last month for my study permit (st. Clair college) meanwhile i just got back from Canada. My questions are:
Will i have to do another biometrics?
Will i get a mail on when I should do my medicals??
How long does the whole application take?
If your biometric validity from your previous TRV is still valid (less than 10 years since the last time you submitted your biometric data to CIC) then you don't need another biometric. You may decide to do upfront medical to hasten your application or you may wait for the medical request email which timeline is case dependent. The whole application process timeline varies by individual case.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gatsbym4(m): 10:40am On May 04, 2019
IbikunleBukky:
PLEASE, ANYBODY IN NEW BRUNSWICK COMMUNITY COLLEGE? OR ABOUT APPLYING? OR DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD IDEA OF THE SCHOOL OR SOMEONE WHO HAS ATTENDED

Hello
I’ve applied to NBCC, got admission already... compiling my documents for study permit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 10:45am On May 04, 2019
No
Asapant:
Did you notorize the copies of the duplicate receipts ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 10:54am On May 04, 2019
I have not gotten notice of that yet, and can't check my portal since my application refused to be linked.
So I just make do with emails from them.

sillysassysally:
Hey has your medical results been updated on your CIC portal?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Deane: 11:27am On May 04, 2019
Hello guys,

I'm about finalising my TRV application. While filling imm1294e, are funds in RSA to be calculated as part of the funds available or do I just stop at uploading the RSA statement in the proof of funds? That is, is the RSA funds to be reckoned in calculating the funds available?

@makano @justmellow @qudkom @austacus and other gurus, i really need your advice here guys. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 11:51am On May 04, 2019
Deane:
Hello guys,

I'm about finalising my TRV application. While filling imm1294e, are funds in RSA to be calculated as part of the funds available or do I just stop at uploading the RSA statement in the proof of funds? That is, is the RSA funds to be reckoned in calculating the funds available?

@makano @justmellow @qudkom @austacus and other gurus, i really need your advice here guys. Thanks.
You only have to show funds to cater for the first year. So you dont have to state a sum total of your entire finance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:26pm On May 04, 2019
GENERAL GUIDELINES ON FILLING IMM FORMS

Applicants sometimes get worried about issue generated in the process of filling immforms and to avoid a rather costly mistake they hesitate and search for possible guidelines to troubleshoot their concerns. Right from validating forms, To filling the dli numbers accurately, funds available for stay in canada etc. The following is been provided to the best of my knowledge:

1. CIC requires the default use of Adobe reader (Latest version) in filling forms.

2. Avoid asking for copies of imm forms rather download it directly from cic website. This is because this forms are updated regularly and what an applicant used in January might be different from what another will use in May.
For example, thw family immform excluded siblings information initially only to change it around March-April last year.

3. Dont be scammed by Agents the forms are free and can be downloaded anytime.

4. If you are submitting your application online then you don't need to sign. And if you are using the paper route print the forms with the barcodes and sign the forms.

5. The section for( funds available, room and board and tuition) is one of the most confusing part for Applicants. CIC states that you only need to show figures or proof of funds for the duration of the first year. If you are going for a 2year program you are only required to show proof of funds for the first year (however there is nothing wrong with showing prood beyond the first year).
Therefore;
Tuition*- this figure should be the total roundup of your entire tuition fees for the duration of your program. In case you don't have the figure then provide the first year only.

Room&Board*- This should show expense for the first year. The default amount in this category is 10kcad however some province requires more I.e Quebec.

Total funds available for stay in Canada*- first year in consideration. The sum total of tuition, living expenses, books and supply etc. Should be filled here. Most times the school gives you a comprehensive breakdown

Others*- any non tuition fees will be recorded in this category. For example Medical insurance.

6. When filling DLI (Designated learning Institution) number #***********. Always remember that the first character in that field starts with letter "O" not number "0"

7. Triple check forms before submitting. I have seen cases of people filling yes for military involvement simply because they served(Nysc) Or Yes for political involvements simply because a relative is actively involved.

I think this are the common errors. Feel free to add to the list.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 12:49pm On May 04, 2019
God bless u Qudkom for this...very very useful
Qudkom:

Applicants sometimes get worried about issue generated in the process of filling immforms and to avoid a rather costly mistake they hesitate and search for possible guidelines to troubleshoot their concerns. Right from validating forms, To filling the dli numbers accurately, funds available for stay in canada etc. The following is been provided to the best of my knowledge:

1. CIC requires the default use of Adobe reader (Latest version) in filling forms.

2. Avoid asking for copies of imm forms rather download it directly from cic website. This is because this forms are updated regularly and what an applicant used in January might be different from what another will use in May.
For example, thw family immform excluded siblings information initially only to change it around March-April last year.

4. If you are submitting your application online then you don't need to sign. And if you are using the paper route print the forms with the barcodes and sign the forms.

5. The section for( funds available, room and board and tuition) is one of the most confusing part for Applicants. CIC states that you only need to show figures or proof of funds for the duration of the first year. If you are going for a 2year program you are only required to show proof of funds for the first year (however there is nothing wrong with showing prood beyond the first year).
Therefore;
Tuition*- this figure should be the total roundup of your entire tuition fees for the duration of your program. In case you don't have the figure then provide the first year only.

Room&Board*- This should show expense for the first year. The default amount in this category is 10kcad however some province requires more I.e Quebec.

Total funds available for stay in Canada*- first year in consideration. The sum total of tuition, living expenses, books and supply etc. Should be filled here. Most times the school gives you a comprehensive breakdown

Others*- any non tuition fees will be recorded in this category. For example Medical insurance.

6. When filling DLI (Designated learning Institution) number #***********. Always remember that the first character in that field starts with letter "O" not number "0"

7. Triple check forms before submitting. I have seen cases of people filling yes for military involvement simply because they served(Nysc) Or Yes for political involvements simply because a relative is actively involved.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cutieflaky: 1:05pm On May 04, 2019
Good afternoon people, please I need someone to help me out. I applied for study visa on the 13th of February (paper route) did biometric that same day, I linked it online and I got a correspondence letter on the 5th of April but on the 10th of April I got a mail that my processed passport has been dispatched to Canada Visa Center, I went there to get it on the 24th of April, but when I open the envelope I saw my passport and a slip in it not the normal refusal letter I was expecting to see in it. I sent a message to the mail I saw in the slip, I got a response that they will reply my mail within 5 working days but if my application is still within the processing time a response won't be sent. Now it's more than 5 working days, also my profile details has not change, eligiblity is still under review, final decision is still in progress. Please what do you all think I should do?
NB: I have checked both my inbox and spam folder there is nothing there. And I wish to reapply immediately
School resume by September 4th.
Attached below is the slip I got and the response I received front them

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mur231: 1:29pm On May 04, 2019
Hello gurus in the house!
I'm new to this forum..A big thanks to all the people dedicating their time and knowledge to make this thread very informative. please, I want to lodge my TRV application this coming week, online route. My uncle is my sponsor and he is a Canadian citizen. He will only take care of my tuition and living expenses for 1yr. But he doesn't want to scan and send his account statement and proof of income documents to me rather he wants to send it directly to embassy. My question is; what's the fastest route to send this documents to the embassy without delaying my application as my resumption date is September??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 1:46pm On May 04, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
God bless u Qudkom for this...very very useful
Amen, thanks always happy to assist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josade69: 1:51pm On May 04, 2019
Qudkom:

Therefore;

Thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.