Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865029 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by oskaroni(m): 7:08am On Nov 14, 2018
I am about applying to uwaterloo, but m seeing 3.0/4.0 gpa as the requirements of university of waterloo, i don't know how to estimate it with nigerian cgpa, but i finished with 3.65/5 cgpa with a very good result in my last two years, am i eligible to apply with dz result?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ymin: 9:07am On Nov 14, 2018
jnyuwa02:

So many myths going on here. Someone last month said that all July and August applicants will receive a decision in early November. The truth is, nobody but CIC itself is privy to such information. Anybody who profers solution as to when an application will be decided based on a reliable source, is only speculating. CIC does not disclose such information to anybody, not even to an MP. The second myth going on now is that CIC website has crashed. I really don't think this is true. This is the 21st century. A Canadian government website crashing? Even if it crashed, is giving everyone that applied a TRV a sensible way of response? Ordering everyone that applied to submit their application again with no application fees would be the sensible response. That they have not done so tells me crashed website is not the problem, but a matter of backlog spilling from fall the most busiest season that London encountered. Now applications since late September and October and now are been channelled to less busy Kenya to allow London do background check and finish processing it's backlog. This is what makes sense.

Hello Jnyuwa02, Pls I sent you a PM.
I need your kind assistance on my SOP review.
Thanks Boss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:15am On Nov 14, 2018
Layooye:
Please has anyone ever received biometrics validation mail, and did it come after medical request or before medical request?

Most times it comes after medical request FLASH BACK. Majority of persons that got it before medical request were rejected. So, cases differs! Pray harder!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bethomi: 9:16am On Nov 14, 2018
Hello house

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bethomi: 9:19am On Nov 14, 2018
Errrrrrrmmmmmm I have been a silent reader here and I've also learnt so much from you all

Got to know about this page after my husband and I submitted our application

I'm happy to inform you all that we got our application approval mail just now.....�

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:25am On Nov 14, 2018
Bethomi:
Errrrrrrmmmmmm I have been a silent reader here and I've also learnt so much from you all

I'm happy to inform you all that we got our application approval mail just now.....�

Congratulations! Please can you be kind enough to share with the house, your application date and the route you used in submitting your application (Online or Paper).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jummy902(f): 9:35am On Nov 14, 2018
Bethomi:

Congratulations!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bethomi: 9:36am On Nov 14, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Congratulations! Please can you be kind enough to share with the house, your application date and the route you used in submitting your application (Online or Paper).

Online route

Submitted application.....Sept 19, 2018

Biometrics was done .......Sept 21

Medical mail....... Oct 15

Medicals was done ....Oct 31

Passed medicals...... Nov 8

Approval......... this morning

Application was treated in KENYA......

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Fram(m): 9:41am On Nov 14, 2018
Is there any implication if you link your paper application to online to track the process. It’s getting close to a month since I did medical. And the status shows that I passed medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:43am On Nov 14, 2018
Bethomi:

Online route

Thanks for reciprocating. Congratulations once more!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mightyola: 9:44am On Nov 14, 2018
Congrats. You said "my husband and I".. Study permit with SOWP?.

Bethomi:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Trizadove: 9:46am On Nov 14, 2018
Bethomi:

Online route

please ma, what documents did u submit?
i want to apply for myself and husband too
can you do me a favor by dropping your number or email to trizadove@yahoo.com
i would love to ask you some personal questions
thank you ma

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:47am On Nov 14, 2018
Fram:
Is there any implication if you link your paper application to online to track the process. It’s getting close to a month since I did medical. And the status shows that I passed medical.

No implications! Follow this step-by-step procedure to LINK YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bethomi: 9:56am On Nov 14, 2018
[quote author=mightyola post=72955795]Congrats. You said "my husband and I".. Study permit with SOWP?.

Yes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dozzynet(m): 10:11am On Nov 14, 2018
Ednut001:
Hello Everyone,

I submitted my paper application in Lagos and my tracking Id has CALASTU. Does this mean that paper application is being processing in Lagos now?
Please someone should attend to this question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bethomi: 10:20am On Nov 14, 2018
Trizadove:

thank you ma

I sent you a mail just now....pls check
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bisimo: 10:21am On Nov 14, 2018
Your cgpa on 4.0 scale is 2.95/4.00

oskaroni:
I am about applying to uwaterloo, but m seeing 3.0/4.0 gpa as the requirements of university of waterloo, i don't know how to estimate it with nigerian cgpa, but i finished with 3.65/5 cgpa with a very good result in my last two years, am i eligible to apply with dz result?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Osasalfred44: 10:23am On Nov 14, 2018
An agent discouraged me not to even try to apply for Canada permit that they don't give to Nigerians anymore. How true is this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bethomi: 10:27am On Nov 14, 2018
Trizadove:

thank you ma

If you are yet to get my mail, we can chat privately here....I dont know how to do that but you can start...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubajek: 10:28am On Nov 14, 2018
please can someone help me with any school in Canada that accepts graduate program(MBA) without ENGLISH TEST(IELTS)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ezriela: 10:30am On Nov 14, 2018
Congrats Bethomi
Bethomi:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Layooye: 10:32am On Nov 14, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Most times it comes after medical request FLASH BACK. Majority of persons that got it before medical request were rejected. So, cases differs! Pray harder!
thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Trizadove: 10:39am On Nov 14, 2018
[quote author=bisimo post=72957040]Your cgpa on 4.0 scale is 2.95/4.00

please what about 3.96/5?
what would that be if u were to convert it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bisimo: 10:48am On Nov 14, 2018
Congratulations

Bethomi:

Online route

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by adewumz: 10:52am On Nov 14, 2018
Let me try to help with the knowledge I have. So I applied to the University of Alberta and got admission this year. I graduated with a cgpa of 3.85/5. When my cgpa was calculated on their portal, it was converted to 3.33/4 for admission purposes. From this and having applied successfully to two other schools, I believe that for a typical Nigerian school(at least the uni i attended, which is Babcock University) that operates a 5point cgpa grading system, 3.5/5 which is where 2nd class upper starts from is the equivalent of 3/4, which is the same as a B average Canadian standard(at least for the University of Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan). 4/5 Nigerian cgpa is 3.5/4 Canadian and also a B+ average, while 4.5/5 is the equivalent of 3.75/4 and an A- and on it goes.
oskaroni:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubaiboy1: 10:56am On Nov 14, 2018
Hi Guys ! Good morning .. Please is it advisable to remove some pages of your SOA if the pages are too much to compress ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 11:04am On Nov 14, 2018
dubajek:
please can someone help me with any school in Canada that accepts graduate program(MBA) without ENGLISH TEST(IELTS)

1-) University of Northern British Columbia
2-) Thompson Rivers University
3-) Memorial University of Newfoundland
4-) University of Saskatchewan etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jfat4david(m): 11:05am On Nov 14, 2018
[quote author=justwise post=71833372][/quote]

I was denied visa telling me that I don't have legitimate business purpose in Canada after receiving the appointment letter for conference[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 11:19am On Nov 14, 2018
Jfat4david:

I was denied visa telling me that I don't have legitimate business purpose in Canada after receiving the appointment letter for conference

It's quite unfortunate to hear your visa was rejected. It may also interest you to know that the discussions on this thread are based strictly on Canada study visa and not Visiting/Business Visa. I will advise you redirect your query to this group VIST/TOURIST VISA THREAD, as they will be in the right position to assist you in your next visa reapplication.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 11:25am On Nov 14, 2018
dubaiboy1:
Hi Guys ! Good morning .. Please is it advisable to remove some pages of your SOA if the pages are too much to compress ??

Instead of removing some pages from the SOA, why not print a 4 months bank statement, at least this will reduce the pages and also show consistent inflow and outflow of funds with available balance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bennycrown(m): 11:26am On Nov 14, 2018
Congratulations...
Bethomi:

Online route

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.