Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

"My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics (1003 Views)

Your Money Is Our Money, My Money Is My Money / ‘I Will Knack For Money’ – Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reason / Once You Say You Love Me, You Already Owe Me Money - Nigerian Ladies Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by donestk(m): 9:28am On Oct 07, 2018
This is the rhetoric typical Nigerian ladies are groomed into ahead of marriage. Even marriage counselors confide in men to follow this 'rule' if they must have a peaceful home.

My curiosity is: if your hubby's money is yours, how come your husbands keep buying cars and spend lavishly on their girlfriends with your so called money?
Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by yungchop: 9:39am On Oct 07, 2018
No problem as long as my problem is also our problem too.. If not, thunder kill that woman
Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:45am On Oct 07, 2018
donestk:
This is the rhetoric typical Nigerian ladies are groomed into ahead of marriage. Even marriage counselors confide in men to follow this 'rule' if they must have a peaceful home.

My curiosity is: if your hubby's money is yours, how come your husbands keep buying cars and spend lavishly on their girlfriends with your so called money?

.. Hmmmmm. My brother,just ask yourself if we can ever attain equality in Africa especially in Nigeria with such mindset.
Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by lawlhee: 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
Of course. A woman spends money better than a man.
Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by Deckline(m): 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
Hope these women are not mad sha undecided undecided
Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by Deckline(m): 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2018
lawlhee:
Of course. A woman spends money better than a man.
How does your comment corrollate with the topic now
Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by lawlhee: 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2018
It correlates because she will spend both her husband's money and her money wisely. Her money is to be spent not too often while her husband's money is for the general upkeep of the family. Don't write rubbish again under my post
Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by pryme(m): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
lawlhee:
It correlates because she will spend both her husband's money and her money wisely. Her money is to be spent not too often while her husband's money is for the general upkeep of the family. Don't write rubbish again under my post

Pot calling a kettle black.

1 Like

Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by chiommy123(f): 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
That's his problem. He takes ' proper' care of me and my kids and the home too then if he's economically wise he will know that adding that other expenses is totally unnecessary
Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by Liliyann(f): 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
My money is MINE and his money is OURS!!!
What is the meaning of love if you can't express it financially?
Did the lady beg you to ask her out or marry her?
Wasn't she on her own when you came to pledge your undying love and promise of taking good care of her!!
Real men don't look at a lady's money before they spend!!they cater for her needs irrespective of how financially buoyant they are!!!
Only the weak and improvised ones depends on a lady's money,that's why I always advise ladies to go for rich guys that don't even care how much they earn monthly!!
As for me,I dont see myself giving my money to my man when I can use it to pamper myself!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by Cocao(f): 4:37pm On Oct 07, 2018
What this means to me is this:

I cannot stand by and watch my husband spend so much without keeping something aside from my own with or without his knowledge.

His income may be heavily tasked and mine may not be hence giving me the opportunity to actually keep out something for us that will definitely come in handy some days.

I have seen men go from hero to zero within months and it's what has been kept aside that actually saves the day.

Women, earn something no matter how small!
Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
Liliyann:
Wasn't she on her own when you came to pledge your undying love and promise of taking good care of her!!
Real men don't look at a lady's money before they spend!!they cater for her needs irrespective of how financially buoyant they are!!!
Only the weak and improvised ones depends on a lady's money,that's why I always advise ladies to go for rich guys that don't even care how much they earn monthly!!
As for me,I dont see myself giving my money to my man when I can use it to pamper myself!!

I wonder why your fathers cannot fed you lot properly or train you decently.

1 Like

Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by lawlhee: 5:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
Liliyann:

Thank you plenty. Sensible person
Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by Nobodys(f): 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
lawlhee:

Thank you plenty. Sensible person
There is nothing sensible in that post......It's all shades of WRONG....

1 Like

Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by Biglittlelois(f): 7:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
Liliyann:

Tell them
Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
chiommy123:
That's his problem. He takes ' proper' care of me and my kids and the home too then if he's economically wise he will know that adding that other expenses is totally unnecessary

Some say as long as the family is taken care of and not lacking, that anything follows.
Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by killsmith(f): 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2018
Liliyann:
Real men don't look at a lady's money before they spend!! they cater for her needs irrespective of how financially buoyant they are!!!
Shut up and get inside the kitchen. You're in no position to define what a real man is.
Re: "My Money Is My Money, Your Money Is Our Money" - Nigerian Women Rhetorics by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
Married men who spend lavishly on their girlfriends while neglecting their own family are foolish

(1) (Reply)

I Truly Want Her Back / If You're A Teenager / Upcoming Adult, You Have To Read This / Nairaland Hilarious Jokes That Would Make Your Day (by Youngzubi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.