Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? (5231 Views)

Please, I Need Muslims To Answer These 4 Questions / If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? / "I'm Sure There's No God" Please Help Me To Answer These Questions If You Can. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 12:44pm On Oct 11, 2018
darkchild64:

Assuming what u are saying is correct, do u know how long it would take the kangaroo to trek from Australia to Mesopotamia,you mighys also want to answer this question too,now considering that only a pair of each animal entered the ark,what did the lion and other carnivores eat when they came out from the ark ?

Dead bodies.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2018
nwabekeyi:
the origin of man as explained in science doesn't corelate with that of the bible, if you think it does. explain how Adam was created 6000+ years ago according to the bible while science thinks humans graced the earth hundreds of thousands years ago?
but the bible and science does corrolate together that animals first walked the earth before the emergence of humans. During the age of the dinoseaurs there were no humans according to science. In the bible it is acknowledged that God first created the lower animals before he created humans. Even scientists agree there is a powerful force behind the creation of living things of which they cant explain. The thing is dat some bible pundits make the mistaken to mean that the six days God did his creation must mean the normal six days in the human calendar but then even the bible said a thousand yrs is like a day to God. Try and follow many of these educative scientific programmes on NatGeo and Discovery world about the origin of humans and the world and u will be amazed that many of their observations does corrolate with the bible. Do u even know there are animals in the prehistoric world that are now no longer present. I am even sure there are some animals in noah's time that are no longer present.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2018
Dantedasz:

I would really appreciate it if you could provide a YouTube link so I could watch that/those episode(s) on the history or natgeo wild channels.
Thanks in anticipation.
Meanwhile you may like to watch this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x3UWQQrUXs
no i didnt watch the episodes on youtube.i watched it on DSTV. Look guy if u watched some of these programmes u will be so glued to ur seat and u might farshi programmes like africa magic and zee worldcheesy. It will give u a glimpse of how the earth looked in prehistoric times before the emergence of humans. How human life started in africa and the first humans were africans. Do u know the garden of eden was in africa? It will tell u how humans graduated from being scarvengers of food to hunters. Science compliments the bible and doesnt go against it.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2018
darkchild64:

Assuming what u are saying is correct, do u know how long it would take the kangaroo to trek from Australia to Mesopotamia,you mighys also want to answer this question too,now considering that only a pair of each animal entered the ark,what did the lion and other carnivores eat when they came out from the ark ?
dont birds fly huge distances over oceans and seas to other continents? How were early humans able to migrate from africa to other parts of the world before the emergence of boats and ships? That should tell u the world then wasnt as it is now. There were probably strips of land linking continents or dry lands for these animals to walk over. The earth does change its structure due to volcanoes and other incidents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2018
lefulefu:
but the bible and science does corrolate together that animals first walked the earth before the emergence of humans. During the age of the dinoseaurs there were no humans according to science. In the bible it is acknowledged that God first created the lower animals before he created humans. Even scientists agree there is a powerful force behind the creation of living things of which they cant explain. The thing is dat some bible pundits make the mistaken to mean that the six days God did his creation must mean the normal six days in the human calendar but then even the bible said a thousand yrs is like a day to God. Try and follow many of these educative scientific programmes on NatGeo and Discovery world about the origin of humans and the world and u will be amazed that many of their observations does corrolate with the bible. Do u even know there are animals in the prehistoric world that are now no longer present. I am even sure there are some animals in noah's time that are no longer present.

There are 2 things that stand out with what you have written.

1. That when the Genesis author wrote "And the evening and the morning were the first day", the author didn't know what the hell he was talking about. That you have a better inspiration from God that makes you to know that evening and morning written were not literary components of a literary day.

2. God is not as powerful as you say he is. That is, God is not powerful enough to create the universe in 6 literary days.

Your claims are very extraordinary, contradictory to the bible and further evidence that you people don't have the slightest clue about this god you keep claiming exists.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2018
LordReed:

There are 2 things that stand out with what you have written.

1. That when the Genesis author wrote "And the evening and the morning were the first day", the author didn't know what the hell he was talking about. That you have a better inspiration from God that makes you to know that evening and morning written were not literary components of a literary day.

2. God is not as powerful as you say he is. That is, God is not powerful enough to create the universe in 6 literary days.

Your claims are very extraordinary, contradictory to the bible and further evidence that you people don't have the slightest clue about this god you keep claiming exists.
i am telling u that the 24 hrs in day and the 7 days in a week is a man created time.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Primesky(m): 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2018
sonmvayina:
It is just a metaphorical story to teach us the spiritual fact that it is still God that destroys.. God creates and God destroys... The Bible is not a history textbook but a spiritual manual..

To learn and Know..

The story of Noah is not metaphorical sir.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2018
lefulefu:
i am telling u that the 24 hrs in day and the 7 days in a week is a man created time.

You are telling me the Genesis author is dumb.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2018
Primesky:

The story of Noah is not metaphorical sir.

Metaphorical is the only way that story can make sense. Only the amount of food and water the Ark would have to carry for all the people and animals already indicates the story is a fairytale.

1 Like

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 11, 2018
LordReed:

You are telling me the Genesis author is dumb.
u just arguing for arguing sake
i am not in the mood for any aurguement bros.
even the jews argue that saturday is the day of rest while christians say sunday is the day of rest
all those arguement are irrelevant
what is important that the manner of creation the bible and science both correlate to it
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2018
lefulefu:

u just arguing for arguing sake
i am not in the mood for any aurguement bros.
even the jews argue that saturday is the day of rest while christians say sunday is the day of rest
all those arguement are irrelevant
what is important that the manner of creation the bible and science both correlate to it

Any Christian that says he knows what day is the supposedly day of rest is lying.

I am not arguing with you either, I am telling you the implications of your assertion. If "And the evening and the morning were the first day", does not mean a literary day then the author of Genesis was a dunce, its very simple.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
adelee777:

The only bible Guru is God Almighty, the Author of the bible. Back to your question, there is a land link between Asia and Africa through Egypt. I think the African lion and other African species used that route.
there is no land link between Africa and Asia, if you read your bible very well, even the Isreal had to path the red sea to get to Isreal from Egypt.

you have not said anything
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2018
lefulefu:
in the time of Noah the population on the earth was few and ppl and animals were inhabiting a part of the earth. I think u guys should always take a peek on the geographical channels,history channels and natgeo wild. They have very educative programmes that tell u about the origin of man and in most cases it always corrolates with the bible. I am not talking about christian evangelicals.i am talking about scientists
mosquitoes don't do evangelism, how did they get to Africa from Asia?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
lefulefu:
the bible said the sun was created after the earth.

the bible said the sun revolves round the earth, how do we reconcile that?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:33am On Oct 12, 2018
OP Visit creation.com

Answers to these questions and many more about the flood and Noah's ark, including how it could have accommodated the animals, are there. Use the search engine on the site to find plenty of articles about the flood and Noah's ark.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:43am On Oct 12, 2018
nwabekeyi:
the bible said the sun was created after the earth.

the bible said the sun revolves round the earth, how do we reconcile that?

Where did the Bible say that the sun revolves round the earth?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:45am On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

Any Christian that says he knows what day is the supposedly day of rest is lying.

I am not arguing with you either, I am telling you the implications of your assertion. If "And the evening and the morning were the first day", does not mean a literary day then the author of Genesis was a dunce, its very simple.

How is the Christian lying who says that he knows the day of rest?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:51am On Oct 12, 2018
nwabekeyi:
the origin of man as explained in science doesn't corelate with that of the bible, if you think it does. explain how Adam was created 6000+ years ago according to the bible while science thinks humans graced the earth hundreds of thousands years ago?

The word "naturalism" should replace science in this post of yours. There are Christians who are scientists too and who do not believe in billions of years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 5:00am On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

How is the Christian lying who says that he knows the day of rest?

When Genesis was written, neither the Gregorian calendar that we use today nor the week days as we call them were invented or known to the author. The first day written in Genesis cannot be ascertained to be any of the week days as we know it so how can anybody claim to know which is the seventh day?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 5:00am On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

The word "naturalism" should replace science in this post of yours. There are Christians who are scientists too and who do not believe in billions of years.

What is their evidence?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by petra1(m): 6:28am On Oct 12, 2018
nwabekeyi:
, how did specie of animals that are domicile in Africa, Australia and the Americas cross the seas and oceans to get to the Ark in Asia?

Firstly animals from Africa didn’t need to cross to Asia . There were enough specimen in Asia .

2. After the flood how did say for example an African lion and all other animals local to Africa cross the red or indian ocean to get back to Africa or how did kangaroos and other animals local to Australia cross the Indian ocean to get back to their locality from Asia, where the Noah's ark was built and where it stopped?

Probably continental drift hadn’t started . The world was once a land mass without seas and rivers . There were no continents

lefulefu:
The georgraphy of the earth as it is now wasnt like that then. In the early days there was no atlantic ocean or indian ocean. U talking of millions of yrs ago. Even withing a short time the geography of the earth changes and not to talk of millions or thousands of years. U need a geography guru to enlighten u and not a bible gurucheesy.

True, continental drift and the division of the earth started in the days of Peleg

Genesis 10:25
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

such scientist should also not use a cell phone, that's living a life of denial
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

Where did the Bible say that the sun revolves round the earth?
there

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 12, 2018
petra1:

Firstly animals from Africa didn’t need to cross to Asia . There were enough specimen in Asia .

Probably continental drift hadn’t started . The world was once a land mass without seas and rivers . There were no continents

True, continental drift and the division of the earth started in the days of Peleg

Genesis 10:25
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan

This continental drift u people keep shouting up and down do u know how many years scientist estimated that it happened, meanwhile I have noticed one funny fact about Christians, when u people want to defend ur bible u borrow some concepts from science,but reject the other ones that negate ur belief,the bible never said that continental drift ocvured so the only source u have is science and that same science is saying that the earth is not 6000 years old Luke your bible said but then you choose the ones u want to believe,hypocrites
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:39am On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

When Genesis was written, neither the Gregorian calendar that we use today nor the week days as we call them were invented or known to the author. The first day written in Genesis cannot be ascertained to be any of the week days as we know it so how can anybody claim to know which is the seventh day?

LOL. GOD created Adam on the 6th day, and surely GOD told him that the next day was the seventh day. Adam kept the seventh day Sabbath. And from Adam until now, the children of God have always kept the Sabbath. And so the only way the Sabbath would be lost is if the whole Sabbath keepers in the world slept all at once for a whole day and woke up, without knowing they have missed a whole day.

Also, counting of days in sevens began at creation. However, the Roman appellation on the days and the Gregorian calendar are relatively modern. Change to calendar did not affect the counting of days. Tomorrow is the seventh day, whether you call it 13 Oct. or 21 Jul.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:44am On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

What is their evidence?

Creation scientists and evolutionist scientists observe the same things, but they all interpret it as evidence for what they believe is true: Creation, for the Creation scientist, and Evolution, for the evolutionist scientist.

That should tell you something. Worldview! Ones worldview definitely affects how one interprets what one observes. Evolutionists have a worldview of Naturalism.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 9:48am On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

LOL. GOD created Adam on the 6th day, and surely GOD told him that the next day was the seventh day. Adam kept the seventh day Sabbath. And from Adam until now, the children of God have always kept the Sabbath. And so the only way the Sabbath would be lost is if the whole Sabbath keepers in the world slept all at once for a whole day and woke up, without knowing they have missed a whole day.

Also, counting of days in sevens began at creation. However, the Roman appellation on the days and the Gregorian calendar are relatively modern. Change to calendar did not affect the counting of days. Tomorrow is the seventh day, whether you call it 13 Oct. or 21 Jul.

You are very wrong. The seven day week has nothing to do with this fairytale creation story. It was a way to track the moon phases.

Besides who told you that this Sabbath tradition was recognised anywhere outside of Israel after the laws of Moses? Show me one place where Abraham, Isaac or Jacob practiced a Sabbath.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:49am On Oct 12, 2018
nwabekeyi:
such scientist should also not use a cell phone, that's living a life of denial

LOL. The kind of science that gave us cell phone is different from the kind of science that gave us the cell-to-cellphone manufacturer evolution story. The former is called experimental/operational science, while the latter is called historical/origins science. The former involves repeatable experiments, while the latter involves experiments that are not repeatable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 9:50am On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

Creation scientists and evolutionist scientists observe the same things, but they all interpret it as evidence for what they believe is true: Creation, for the Creation scientist, and Evolution, for the evolutionist scientist.

That should tell you something. Worldview! Ones worldview definitely affects how one interprets what one observes. Evolutionists have a worldview of Naturalism.

LoL. SMH. So when they date a human fossil to 177,000 years ago some scientists will say it supports their worldview of a 6000 year old earth? LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by felixomor: 9:53am On Oct 12, 2018
enilove:

There is nothing like *African lion " , lion is lion.
God did not instruct Noah to get each geographical species of animals.
Heheheh
Dont mind him
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:53am On Oct 12, 2018
nwabekeyi:
there

So where in this verse you posted does it say that "the sun revolves around the earth"?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 10:01am On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

You are very wrong. The seven day week has nothing to do with this fairytale creation story. It was a way to track the moon phases.

Besides who told you that this Sabbath tradition was recognised anywhere outside of Israel after the laws of Moses? Show me one place where Abraham, Isaac or Jacob practiced a Sabbath.

LOL. Nice try. The moon revolves around the earth once every 28 days or so, not once every seven days. If they used weeks to track moon phases, then they could have easily made a week to contain 28 days, since that is the time it takes the moon to complete one cycle. Nothing in this observable universe naturally leads us to count days in sevens. Only the initiative of GOD could have introduced that.

Do well to check the name of the seventh day in other languages. You will notice that they all translate into the word "Sabbath" which means rest.

As for proof that Abraham kept the Sabbath, check the Bible well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Believing Pastors Is Dangerous To Your Health / Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? / Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.