Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? (5226 Views)

Please, I Need Muslims To Answer These 4 Questions / If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? / "I'm Sure There's No God" Please Help Me To Answer These Questions If You Can. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 10:05am On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

LoL. SMH. So when they date a human fossil to 177,000 years ago some scientists will say it supports their worldview of a 6000 year old earth? LMFAO!

Do they tell you the assumptions they make in dating those fossils to such ages?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 10:12am On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

LOL. Nice try. The moon revolves around the earth once every 28 days or so, not once every seven days. If they used weeks to track moon phases, then they could have easily made a week to contain 28 days, since that is the time it takes the moon to complete one cycle. Nothing in this observable universe naturally leads us to count days in sevens. Only the initiative of GOD could have introduced that.

I don't think you know what moon phases mean. Google it before you reply.

Do well to check the name of the seventh day in other languages. You will notice that they all translate into the word "Sabbath" which means rest.

You trying to be disingenuous? You've not even settled on which day is the seventh day and you are asking for translations.

As for proof that Abraham kept the Sabbath, check the Bible well.

I have and there is none. If you know of any post it here.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 10:13am On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

Do they tell you the assumptions they make in dating those fossils to such ages?

What are the assumptions?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by sonmvayina(m): 10:22am On Oct 12, 2018
Primesky:

The story of Noah is not metaphorical sir.

It is up to you mate....
The letter killeth... The spirit giveth life....
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 10:36am On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

I don't think you know what moon phases mean. Google it before you reply.

You trying to be disingenuous? You've not even settled on which day is the seventh day and you are asking for translations.

I have and there is none. If you know of any post it here.

In the western culture there are 4 moon phases, each about 7.4 days in length. But the length can vary too. So you can't tell me that counting days in sevens were invented back then just to track moon phases.

A quick check on the names of the seventh day in other languages reveals that it translates to sabbath. Therefore it indicates a system of counting days in sevens, with the seventh being the rest day.

What do you think the Bible means when it says that Abraham kept ALL of God's commandments, in Gen. 26:5 when it says Abraham kept God's "commandments, statutes and laws"? Or is the Sabbath not part of God's Law?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 10:40am On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

What are the assumptions?

Educate yourself man. I know these evolutionist scientists are not willing to tell you the unprovable assumptions they make in dating fossils to millions of years, so that they will look convincing to you. But you can check creation.com

Use the site's search engine and type in keywords relating to radiometric dating and your eyes will be opened.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 12, 2018
nwabekeyi:
mosquitoes don't do evangelism, how did they get to Africa from Asia?
na waoh wat has mosquitos got to do with this issuecheesy? And talking of migration is not possible for mosquitos to lay their eggs or is it larvea on the oceans or seas in asia and such eggs or larvea be transported to africa through the water? Afterall fishes swim across continents in the underwater of the seas and oceans dont they?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 10:59am On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

In the western culture there are 4 moon phases, each about 7.4 days in length. But the length can vary too. So you can't tell me that counting days in sevens were invented back then just to track moon phases.

This style of dating didn't originate in the west. It originated from ancient Mesopotamia. The ancients didn't have precise measurements like we have now, even the Gregorian calendar was invented to account for the imprecise nature of the counting.

A quick check on the names of the seventh day in other languages reveals that it translates to sabbath. Therefore it indicates a system of counting days in sevens, with the seventh being the rest day.

Which day is the seventh day?

What do you think the Bible means when it says that Abraham kept ALL of God's commandments, in Gen. 26:6 when it says Abraham kept God's "commandments, statutes and laws"? Or is the Sabbath not part of God's Law?

It is recorded when God gave Abraham the order to circumcise his people. Where is the record of a command for Sabbath to Abraham? Where is the record of an observance of Sabbath by Abraham or Isaac or Jacob? Or he didn't teach them as you quoted? Did Noah observe Sabbath? Did Enoch observe Sabbath? The first mention of Sabbath in the Bible is in Exodus so your idea that Abraham observed a Sabbath is not supported by your own fairytale Bible. Not even Job observed a Sabbath.

1 Like

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 11:02am On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

Educate yourself man. I know these evolutionist scientists are not willing to tell you the unprovable assumptions they make in dating fossils to millions of years, so that they will look convincing to you. But you can check creation.com

Use the site's search engine and type in keywords relating to radiometric dating and your eyes will be opened.

LoL. You just made some bogus claims about assumptions and are now saying the scientists would say them. No scientist worth his salt will omit the assumptions that are being made in any scientific study, especially if he wants that study to be peer reviewed. If you cannot categorically state the assumptions then you are just making it up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:04am On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

Which day is the seventh day?

It is recorded when God gave Abraham the order to circumcise his people. Where is the record of a command for Sabbath to Abraham? Where is the record of an observance of Sabbath by Abraham or Isaac or Jacob? Or he didn't teach them as you quoted? Did Noah observe Sabbath? Did Enoch observe Sabbath? The first mention of Sabbath in the Bible is in Exodus so your idea that Abraham observed a Sabbath is not supported by your own fairytale Bible. Not even Job observed a Sabbath.

Saturday is the seventh day.

LOL. Answer my question: what commandments, statutes and laws was God talking about in Gen. 26:5?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:06am On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

LoL. You just made some bogus claims about assumptions and are now saying the scientists would say them. No scientist worth his salt will omit the assumptions that are being made in any scientific study, especially if he wants that study to be peer reviewed. If you cannot categorically state the assumptions then you are just making it up.

They know these assumptions within themselves, probably. But they will not state it to laymen! That is why you think that they got it all figured out.

Just visit creation.com man.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 11:14am On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

Saturday is the seventh day.

Really?

1st day of week differs as per Different Countries, Cultures & Relegions too. As per ISO 8601 Monday is 1st Day of week. But then also countries like the USA & Canada consider Sunday as the start of the week. Reason being the day is day of Rest and Worship in Christians and Western Countries.

Again I ask you which day of the week is the seventh?

LOL. Answer my question: what commandments, statutes and laws was God talking about in Gen. 26:5?

You can list them out if you know them.

Did Adam and Eve observe a Sabbath? Did Enoch observe a Sabbath? Did Noah observe a Sabbath? Show me where any of these people were recorded as observing Sabbath.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 11:15am On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

They know these assumptions within themselves, probably. But they will not state it to laymen! That is why you think that they got it all figured out.

Just visit creation.com man.

LoL. This is rich. So how did you know the assumptions if it is inside them? You can read minds now right? LMFAO!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:20am On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

LoL. This is rich. So how did you know the assumptions if it is inside them? You can read minds now right? LMFAO!

As I said, there are creationists who practise science too, and who read these journals you talk about, and have very good knowledge of the any branch of science you can think of. I'm talking of PhD scientists and even professors from schools like Harvard. They are at creation.com

I know it comes as a shock to you that not every scientist believes in billions of years, but it is true!
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 11:25am On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

As I said, there are creationists who practise science too, and who read these journals you talk about, and have very good knowledge of the any branch of science you can think of. I'm talking of PhD scientists and even professors from schools like Harvard. They are at creation.com

I know it comes as a shock to you that not every scientist believes in billions of years, but it is true!

Its not a shock that is why I asked for evidence because I know you have none.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:28am On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

Really?

Again I ask you which day of the week is the seventh?

You can list them out if you know them.

Did Adam and Eve observe a Sabbath? Did Enoch observe a Sabbath? Did Noah observe a Sabbath? Show me where any of these people were recorded as observing Sabbath.

LOL. Me and my family can wake up tomorrow and decide that Wednesday is the first day of the week for us. Still, it doesn't mean that the Jews will not keep the Sabbath tomorrow. Think man. So, your Canada case is irrelevant. Even so, the order of counting days in sevens from creation has not been lost. The point is that sabbathkeepers have not missed their count once.

You should also ask Adam and Eve kept the other commandments in the Law. To deny that people before Exodus kept the Sabbath just because you don't see God anywhere in Genesis "commanding" them to keep it, is to also say that they did not obey the commandments in the law which God did not "command" in Genesis.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 11:52am On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

LOL. Me and my family can wake up tomorrow and decide that Wednesday is the first day of the week for us. Still, it doesn't mean that the Jews will not keep the Sabbath tomorrow. Think man. So, your Canada case is irrelevant. Even so, the order of counting days in sevens from creation has not been lost. The point is that sabbathkeepers have not missed their count once..

LoL. You are just making an assertion with nothing to back it up except a ridiculous fairytale and even the fairytale fails to document this so called unbroken count.

You should also ask Adam and Eve kept the other commandments in the Law. To deny that people before Exodus kept the Sabbath just because you don't see God anywhere in Genesis "commanding" them to keep it, is to also say that they did not obey the commandments in the law which God did not "command" in Genesis.

Even your fairytale says there was no law given before Moses. Melchizedek was a priest of God but under no written commandment. If there was any written rules then why were they not clearly stated throughout the whole of Genesis except circumcision?

I can understand that you are confused by this fairytale since was written by unsophisticated men looking to gain control over equally ignorant people like them. In this day and age any thinking person should be able to clearly see the loopholes in this fairytale.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:
[s]LoL. You are just making an assertion with nothing to back it up except a ridiculous fairytale and even the fairytale fails to document this so called unbroken count.

Even your fairytale says there was no law given before Moses. Melchizedek was a priest of God but under no written commandment. If there was any written rules then why were they not clearly stated throughout the whole of Genesis except circumcision?

I can understand that you are confused by this fairytale since was written by unsophisticated men looking to gain control over equally ignorant people like them. In this day and age any thinking person should be able to clearly see the loopholes in this fairytale.[/s]

When the Bible says that sin is the transgression of the law(1 Jn. 3:4), which Law was it talking about? Did that Law contain the Sabbath commandment? If yes, did breaking the Sabbath not constitute sin for people before Exodus?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

When the Bible says that sin is the transgression of the law(1 Jn. 3:4), which Law was it talking about? Did that Law contain the Sabbath commandment? If yes, did breaking the Sabbath not constitute sin for people before Exodus?

I'll let your fairytale answer you:

Romans 5
13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

I'll let your fairytale answer you:

Romans 5
13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.

The fact that sin is not imputed without a law should tell you that Adam could not be said to have "sinned" if "THE LAW" was not existing then, even if not recorded in Genesis, because "sin" by definition is the transgression "THE LAW"(1 Jn. 3:4)
Even Satan could not be said to have sinned in heaven without the law. You ask which command Adam broke. I say the first. He did not put God first, else he would choose to obey God over whatever suggests otherwise.

By the way, I trust the KJV rendering of Rom. 5:14 more than the version you quoted.

1 Like

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

The fact that sin is not imputed without a law should tell you that Adam could not be said to have "sinned" if "THE LAW" was not existing then, even if not recorded in Genesis, because "sin" by definition is the transgression "THE LAW"(1 Jn. 3:4)
Even Satan could not be said to have sinned in heaven without the law. You ask which command Adam broke. I say the first. He did not put God first, else he would choose to obey God over whatever suggests otherwise.

By the way, I trust the KJV rendering of Rom. 5:14 more than the version you quoted.

This is the KJV:

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Until the law there was still sin so I don't know where you are getting the idea that because there was sin it implied law.

It says even those who did not disobey any written command were still subject to death through sin.

Which commandment did Satan break? Can you list it here?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 2:01pm On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:
This is the KJV:

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Until the law there was still sin so I don't know where you are getting the idea that because there was sin it implied law.

It says even those who did not disobey any written command were still subject to death through sin.

Which commandment did Satan break? Can you list it here?

What you're saying in essence is "until the law, there was still transgression of the law" (1 Jn. 3:4). But how could they be guilty if they had no idea of this law? How could God accuse Israel of breaking the Sabbath in Exod. 16 when He was yet to give the law in Exod. 20? What happened on Sinai was simply God (re)introducing a Law which had nearly been lost sight of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

What you're saying in essence is "until the law, there was still transgression of the law" (1 Jn. 3:4). But how could they be guilty if they had no idea of this law? How could God accuse Israel of breaking the Sabbath in Exod. 16 when He was yet to give the law in Exod. 20? What happened on Sinai was simply God (re)introducing a Law which had nearly been lost sight of.

That was the first time they were hearing of it.

Exodus 16:23
And he said unto them, This is that which the Lord hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the Lord: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

It was the first time they were hearing of the concept as recorded by the fairytale book. You cannot show anywhere before this where a sabbath practice is mentioned. Joseph was a in Egypt and had opportunity to show of his devoutness by practicing sabbath yet no record. Not one of the Patriarchs has a record of practicing sabbath, I mean something so central to the Hebrew belief was not recorded once in Genesis? Are you for real?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:41pm On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:
It was the first time they were hearing of the concept as recorded by the fairytale book. You cannot show anywhere before this where a sabbath practice is mentioned. Joseph was a in Egypt and had opportunity to show of his devoutness by practicing sabbath yet no record. Not one of the Patriarchs has a record of practicing sabbath, I mean something so central to the Hebrew belief was not recorded once in Genesis? Are you for real?

You have not answered one question which I asked before: what "commandments, statutes and laws" was God talking about in Gen. 26:5?

The knockout blow to your argument is in 1 Jn. 3:4. Sin is defined there as the transgression of the law. It doesn't say "sin for those after Exodus 20 is the transgression of the law." It simply says sin, which means anywhere, anytime. It even says explicitly that "whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the Law". Therefore the Law has always been in existence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
lefulefu:
na waoh wat has mosquitos got to do with this issuecheesy? And talking of migration is not possible for mosquitos to lay their eggs or is it larvea on the oceans or seas in asia and such eggs or larvea be transported to africa through the water? Afterall fishes swim across continents in the underwater of the seas and oceans dont they?
so mosquito egg and larvae can survive in non-stagnant water and salty water like seas and ocean? clap for yourself, bible guru
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

LOL. The kind of science that gave us cell phone is different from the kind of science that gave us the cell-to-cellphone manufacturer evolution story. The former is called experimental/operational science, while the latter is called historical/origins science. The former involves repeatable experiments, while the latter involves experiments that are not repeatable.
stop being ignorant, the science of evolution (carbon dating and radioactive dating) and telecommunications both use the same basic principle of radiation physics. accepting one and refusing the other is cherry picking and living a life of denial.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
petra1:

Firstly animals from Africa didn’t need to cross to Asia . There were enough specimen in Asia .

Probably continental drift hadn’t started . The world was once a land mass without seas and rivers . There were no continents

True, continental drift and the division of the earth started in the days of Peleg

Genesis 10:25
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan

if you say there were enough specie in Asia, it means you still support the principles of evolution..

and again, according to the bible, Noah's ark was built 5000+ years ago, continental drift occurred 125 million years ago.

so your argument doesn't really fly

1 Like

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 12, 2018
nwabekeyi:
so mosquito egg and larvae can survive in non-stagnant water and salty water like seas and ocean? clap for yourself, bible guru
what of if the waters then were just streams and little rivers.afterall seas and oceans started off as streams and ponds dont they?
and i never said i was a bible guru.
but wait a second....whats bringing up this arguement about mosquitos grin grin grin grin
was there any reference in the bible where noah kept mosquitos in his ark?
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
petra1:

True, continental drift and the division of the earth started in the days of Peleg

Genesis 10:25

25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan

exactly!
the bible doesnt contradict science...in short they both agree with each other but some ppl who are so blinded by hatred of the bible refuse to see this.do u know that recent findings by scientist has shown that prehistoric man walked upright and didnt walk in a bent gait as postulated by the Darwin supporters?
even the bible acknowledged the earth is spherical before scientists found out it was really spherical.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
nwabekeyi:
stop being ignorant, the science of evolution (carbon dating and radioactive dating) and telecommunications both use the same basic principle of radiation physics. accepting one and refusing the other is cherry picking and living a life of denial.

LOL. Let me break it down further to the level you will understand.

If you tell me that the electromagnetic spectrum consists of different radiations with different wavelengths and frequencies, I can repeat whatever experiment you did to arrive at that conclusion, and observe what you observed, so that I can see whether what you said is true.

But if you tell me that a particle evolved through billions of years to become a particle physicist, how can I confirm that it truly happened? Even you telling me, did you observe it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

LOL. Let me break it down further to the level you will understand.

If you tell me that the electromagnetic spectrum consists of different radiations with different wavelengths and frequencies, I can repeat whatever experiment you did to arrive at that conclusion, and observe what you observed, so that I can see whether what you said is true.

But if you tell me that a particle evolved through billions of years to become a particle physicist, how can I confirm that it truly happened? Even you telling me, did you observe it?
if you carried out a radioactive dating on one fossil millions of time, you will get the same result.
you are still cherry picking and it doesn't change anything cos the truth is that Radiation physics is basic, irrespective of the application.

1 Like

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 12, 2018
lefulefu:

what of if the waters then were just streams and little rivers.afterall seas and oceans started off as streams and ponds dont they?
and i never said i was a bible guru.
but wait a second....whats bringing up this arguement about mosquitos grin grin grin grin
was there any reference in the bible where noah kept mosquitos in his ark?
now we are assuming? let's assume sha, if you say the waters were all streams and rivers, mosquito larva won't still survive in fast flowing water and also you have also agreed with me that the earth evolved.

if mosquitoes were not included in the animals that entered Noah's ark, so how did they come to be? God created them differently after the flood?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) / Explaining The Animosity Between Atheists And Theists / Checkout What The Bible And Quran Says About Killing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.