Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? (5227 Views)

Please, I Need Muslims To Answer These 4 Questions / If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? / "I'm Sure There's No God" Please Help Me To Answer These Questions If You Can. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 10:48pm On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

You have not answered one question which I asked before: what "commandments, statutes and laws" was God talking about in Gen. 26:5?

I answered it very well. I asked you to list it out since you happen to know it more than the Bible.

The knockout blow to your argument is in 1 Jn. 3:4. Sin is defined there as the transgression of the law. It doesn't say "sin for those after Exodus 20 is the transgression of the law." It simply says sin, which means anywhere, anytime. It even says explicitly that "whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the Law". Therefore the Law has always been in existence.

Look if you have problem take it up with your fairytale. I am not confused about what your fairytale book says since I don't believe it, you should find a way of reconciling what you believe with what it says. I am only pointing out what it says to you. It says there was no law until Moses. You say there is, I ask you to list the law or where it was given before Moses and you can't. The problem is yours to del with.

1 Like

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:53pm On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

I answered it very well. I asked you to list it out since you happen to know it more than the Bible.

Look if you have problem take it up with your fairytale. I am not confused about what your fairytale book says since I don't believe it, you should find a way of reconciling what you believe with what it says. I am only pointing out what it says to you. It says there was no law until Moses. You say there is, I ask you to list the law or where it was given before Moses and you can't. The problem is yours to del with.

The commandments, statutes and laws include the 10 Commandments. What is your rebuttal?

Where did the Bible say that "there was no law until Moses"? Note that the law could have descended from Adam till Moses, albeit maybe only orally.

I know that the 10 Commandments(the law) were known before Moses, because people committed sin before Moses, and in doing so they were "transgressing the law". 1 Jn. 3:4
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 5:47am On Oct 13, 2018
DoctorAlien:

The commandments, statutes and laws include the 10 Commandments. What is your rebuttal?

Where did the Bible say that "there was no law until Moses"? Note that the law could have descended from Adam till Moses, albeit maybe only orally.

I know that the 10 Commandments(the law) were known before Moses, because people committed sin before Moses, and in doing so they were "transgressing the law". 1 Jn. 3:4

I am done with arguing your fairytale book with you. No matter how much I point out the illogicalities, you must have a defense for bullshit so have it your way. Arguing about a fairytale is just pointless after a certain degree.

1 Like

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

I am done with arguing your fairytale book with you. No matter how much I point out the illogicalities, you must have a defense for bullshit so have it your way. Arguing about a fairytale is just pointless after a certain degree.
he will stop arguing when you hit him with facts, he stopped replying me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 7:55am On Oct 13, 2018
nwabekeyi:
he will stop arguing when you hit him with facts, he stopped replying me

That's true. My problem stems from wanting to engage at their fairytale level, real facts destroy fairytales but they always have a defense for the fairytale.

1 Like

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by kevoh(m): 9:14am On Oct 13, 2018
I always love the mental gymnastics Christians use when it comes to the story of Noah's ark and the flood, the funny thing is the story is stolen from the Sumerian myths and adapted to suit the Hebrew religion which came much later. Nothing wrong though as it is the practice of newer Religions to do copy and paste of the myths, beliefs and practices of older religion and the current dominating religion of the environment and then pose with it as the best ever grin

Back to the mental gymnastics I will like to hear on Noah's ark and the flood story:

1. If water (mostly salt water) covered the earth to the extent of covering the highest mountaintops
a. Where did all the water come from and where did it go?
b. The oxygen level becomes depleted and everywhere becomes icy chilly cold, how did Noah, his family and the animals survive this?

2. Based on the technology of that era, how did Noah and his three boys cut, saw and prepare large number of timber to be used for this huge structure? How did they join all the wood together considering the limited technology? Or was it glue? grin How long did they (four men) take to build the ark from cutting of trees to joining the last piece of timber? 1 year, 5 years or 100 years? There about 9 different wood eating animals, there could be more, what where they feeding on the duration of the flood? What about insects like termites? Won't their activities which include chewing away wood and making wood to rot affect the structure of the wood used and make the ark sink?

One could go on with more questions on this Ark and flood that will require mental gymnastics from Christians. The honest response (may be the best) should be the story is an allegory! Case Closed! There is no point defending a fairytale story that does not hold water when simple basic questions are asked and no convincing response has been given for years. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 10:07am On Oct 13, 2018
lefulefu:

exactly!
the bible doesnt contradict science...in short they both agree with each other but some ppl who are so blinded by hatred of the bible refuse to see this.do u know that recent findings by scientist has shown that prehistoric man walked upright and didnt walk in a bent gait as postulated by the Darwin supporters?
even the bible acknowledged the earth is spherical before scientists found out it was really spherical.
Science and Bible are two parallel books. From genesis down to revelation.

Need I start from where god said let there be light and there was light before creating the sun? If light was created, then why need for sun? Or should I flip to revelation where his angels were holding wind?

2 Likes

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 10:10am On Oct 13, 2018
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:11am On Oct 13, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

Need I start from where god said let there be light and there was light before creating the sun? If light was created, then why need for sun? Or should I flip to revelation where his angels were holding wind?

HOW DO YOU HOLD WIND HAHAHAHAHA! cheesy
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 10:16am On Oct 13, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

Hey, you need the holy spirit. Besides, I'm now born again. Don't blaspheme
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Dantedasz(m): 10:33am On Oct 13, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

Yahweh works in a mysterious way.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 13, 2018
Dantedasz:

Yahweh works in a mysterious way.
this is the statement that stop people from thinking...
microscopes work in mysterious ways until you understand optical physics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 12:41pm On Oct 13, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LoL. Sounds like a euphemism for holding flatulence.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Primesky(m): 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
LordReed:

Metaphorical is the only way that story can make sense. Only the amount of food and water the Ark would have to carry for all the people and animals already indicates the story is a fairytale.

Yes, it is so because you limit God in your mind. Humanly speaking that's not possible, right?. How about Jesus Christ feeding more than five thousand (5,000) people with five loaves and two fishes?. How possible is that, or is that also metaphorical?.

God is simply limitless. No need to assume what is not there.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2018
Primesky:

Yes, it is so because you limit God in your mind. Humanly speaking that's not possible, right?. How about Jesus Christ feeding more than five thousand (5,000) people with five loaves and two fishes?. How possible is that, or is that also metaphorical?.

God is simply limitless. No need to assume what is not there.

LoL! And yet till tomorrow no one has replicated that miracle by Jesus even though he said greater things shall ye do. Tell me something real bro.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Primesky(m): 9:42pm On Nov 09, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! And yet till tomorrow no one has replicated that miracle by Jesus even though he said greater things shall ye do. Tell me something real bro.

cheesy Look at this man. Will you deny that men have and are still demonstrating the power of God?.

Except you're ignorant of history or you out rightly have refused to accept the truth.

Men have raised the dead by the power in the name of Jesus Christ. Men have handled deadly viruses, rather than being affected, the virus died, or have you not read about this before?. The plague in South Africa?.

Oga, read, just read, and stop fighting your maker.

The truth about God is beyond reality, it is super real. I know you speak this way because you haven't seen, but you can't see if you're not humble and willing to learn. God hates pride.

Jesus Christ is the only saviour.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 1:20am On Nov 10, 2018
Primesky:

cheesy Look at this man. Will you deny that men have and are still demonstrating the power of God?.

Except you're ignorant of history or you out rightly have refused to accept the truth.

Men have raised the dead by the power in the name of Jesus Christ. Men have handled deadly viruses, rather than being affected, the virus died, or have you not read about this before?. The plague in South Africa?.

Oga, read, just read, and stop fighting your maker.

The truth about God is beyond reality, it is super real. I know you speak this way because you haven't seen, but you can't see if you're not humble and willing to learn. God hates pride.

Jesus Christ is the only saviour.

Abeg go and multiply some bread and fish or eggs for IDP camps and change water to tea while you're there. LoL. If your own faith no reach, call your pastor make e go do am.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Primesky(m): 4:19pm On Nov 11, 2018
LordReed:

Abeg go and multiply some bread and fish or eggs for IDP camps and change water to tea while you're there. LoL. If your own faith no reach, call your pastor make e go do am.

Don't push it away, is what I said true or false?. If you haven't seen you won't believe.

How can a drowning man give conditions for his salvation?. I just don't get it. Worst of all is when a dying man does not even realise that he's dying!. Ah!. That's terrible, how can such a one be saved then, seeing he's fighting everybody away. It's a pity.

But Jesus Christ still saves.

1 Like

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2018
Primesky:

Don't push it away, is what I said true or false?. If you haven't seen you won't believe.

How can a drowning man give conditions for his salvation?. I just don't get it. Worst of all is when a dying man does not even realise that he's dying!. Ah!. That's terrible, how can such a one be saved then, seeing he's fighting everybody away. It's a pity.

But Jesus Christ still saves.

LMFAO! I have no need for fairytale saviours like superman or human sacrifice.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Perfectbeing(m): 12:11am On Nov 12, 2018
sonmvayina:
It is just a metaphorical story to teach us the spiritual fact that it is still God that destroys.. God creates and God destroys... The Bible is not a history textbook but a spiritual manual..

To learn and Know..

Well I don't know which god you're talking about. But my
God is Life, no death in Him.
God is Love, no hate in Him.
God is Light, no darkness in Him.
God is Good, no evil in Him.
God is Faithful, no failing to be who He is.
God is Gracious, no lack of mercy in Him.
God is seen clearly in Christ. No shadows and no stammering.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by sonmvayina(m): 7:13am On Nov 12, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Well I don't know which god you're talking about. But my
God is Life, no death in Him.
God is Love, no hate in Him.
God is Light, no darkness in Him.
God is Good, no evil in Him.
God is Faithful, no failing to be who He is.
God is Gracious, no lack of mercy in Him.
God is seen clearly in Christ. No shadows and no stammering.

Where did you get this idea about God, because clearly this is not the God portrayed in the bible... And you know it...
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Perfectbeing(m): 8:41am On Nov 12, 2018
sonmvayina:

Where did you get this idea about God, because clearly this is not the God portrayed in the bible... And you know it...

This is the God portrayed in Jesus Christ. Any other God portrayed in the bible was portrayed by man who had limited understanding about God. Jesus Christ is the explanation of God. He is the fullness of God. The qualities I mentioned in the my previous post are the qualities of Christ hence the qualities of God..
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by sonmvayina(m): 10:53am On Nov 12, 2018
Perfectbeing:

This is the God portrayed in Jesus Christ. Any other God portrayed in the bible was portrayed by man who had limited understanding about God. Jesus Christ is the explanation of God. He is the fullness of God. The qualities I mentioned in the my previous post are the qualities of Christ hence the qualities of God..

Now I know where you are coming from.. But the creator of all is not a man or a human being Number23 :19..you are talking about the Roman invention called jesus..
God is the universal divine consciousness...
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Perfectbeing(m): 11:22am On Nov 12, 2018
sonmvayina:

Now I know where you are coming from.. But the creator of all is not a man or a human being Number23 :19..you are talking about the Roman invention called jesus..

Well, I choose to follow what the bible says.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Perfectbeing(m): 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2018
sonmvayina:

Jesus is the image of the invisible God. Since creation, neither man nor angels had seen God. All angels could behold was his glory. Man could see his works and the could get glimpse of his shadow. Man couldn't really understand what they haven't seen. So God had to come down to earth as a man so man would be able to behold him. Jesus was that man. He is the image of God. Through him the invisible God is made visible.
Through him, the mysteries of God is explained. Through him, the nature of God is clearly understood.
Through him the "farness" of God is brought closer.
Through him the fullness of God dwelt.
If you've seen him, you've seen the father.
If you worship him, you worship the father.
He's the only way to the father.
No one can see God without seeing him.
No one can serve God without serve him.
God is invisible.
Jesus is the image of the invisible God.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by sonmvayina(m): 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2018
Perfectbeing:

It is just words on paper....
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by sonmvayina(m): 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2018
Perfectbeing:

It is just words on paper, if you are wise enough you will find out if what is there is true or not..

But you are scared... Because you don't want your illusion destroyed..
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Perfectbeing(m): 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2018
sonmvayina:

It is just words on paper, if you are wise enough you will find out if what is there is true or not..

But you are scared... Because you don't want your illusion destroyed..

Ok

2 Likes

Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Perfectbeing(m): 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2018
Sometimes it baffles me on how some people would wanna use the Bible to disprove the existence of Christ...
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by Perfectbeing(m): 5:02pm On Nov 12, 2018
LordReed:

Good to note the fact that you study the bible (at least a point in your life you did.) It seems most of your problem stems from the fact that you didn't understand what you read. I employ to study with someone grounded in the bible so he can explain things better and clearer to you. I'd have taken .my time to explain some certain things about the flood but all these are distractions from the main gospel we Christians were asked to preach. So I'll pass.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by LordReed(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Good to note the fact that you study the bible (at least a point in your life you did.) It seems most of your problem stems from the fact that you didn't understand what you read. I employ to study with someone grounded in the bible so he can explain things better and clearer to you. I'd have taken .my time to explain some certain things about the flood but all these are distractions from the main gospel we Christians were asked to preach. So I'll pass.

LoL, distraction indeed. Meanwhile the "gospel" is just another fairytale so explain or not makes no difference.
Re: Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions? by adelee777: 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
darkchild64:

Assuming what u are saying is correct, do u know how long it would take the kangaroo to trek from Australia to Mesopotamia,you mighys also want to answer this question too,now considering that only a pair of each animal entered the ark,what did the lion and other carnivores eat when they came out from the ark ?
What do bears eat during their hibernation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Explaining The Animosity Between Atheists And Theists / Checkout What The Bible And Quran Says About Killing. / An Unbelievable Islamic Miracle Or A Demon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.