Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? (62051 Views)

The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South / Obasanjo Vs Buhari: You Lack Respect – PDP Blasts Tinubu / El Clasico Match: Obasanjo Vs Buhari - Tweet Thread By Ebube D Statesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by BB9ja007: 7:01pm On Oct 11, 2018
Tinubu is like Olamide local champion why Obj is like Wizkid global champion
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by erinalex: 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2018
Sholaco:
lolz today an igbo man s celebrating obj....the same man u called all sorts of name.....
believe Ibos at your own Perils.
When this same OBJ withdrew his support for gej; ibos said obj only had 1 vote. They said he is a liability to PDP; so many unkind things were said to this obj.
Today simply because obj is supporting atiku; ibos are saying different thing entirely about him
The most CONFUSED tribe in Nigeria, are d ibos.
They simply don't know what they want.
Today, they want Biafra; tomorrow referendum, yesterday restructuring.
I just pity that poor boy, Nnamdi KANU. His kinsmen have forgotten him.
For them now, it is Atikulate .
If ibos are supporting you, my brother , fear o o o.
They are very active Online, but when real politicking starts, they always FAIL.
They are very good at name calling, 1st class in abusive comments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2018
Depends On Who U Ask.But 1 Is A Former General,Former Head Of State,Former President.The Other Is A Former Senator & Former Governor.There You Have It
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by emmaitive(m): 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2018
Johnnyessence:
In Nigeria of today, between Tinubu and Obasanjo, who is more powerful and influential?

Just a sincere overview, not based on very recent political activities. alot of argument are much in my neighbourhood, i still support obasanjo cos' upon his age, he is still much influential and powerful. i need more of your response in the house.
if tinubu tinks he is popular let him context for presidency let see nah
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by olaolaking: 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2018
wideawaken01:

OBJ Controls the entire Nation and is he who endorsed Tinubu's led candidate (Mr Buhari) before he was projected Nationwide as the winner of the 2015 elections. Buhari stops crying after Obasanjo endorsed him.

When OBJ endorse you, weeping stops.

OBJ na heavy Gberegede...
It is a lie. Obj endorse Tunji Olunrin in 2011 and he was defected in Ogun state. All his nominated candidates for senatorial post never won in his own ward

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by AK481(m): 7:07pm On Oct 11, 2018
elyte89:
Electoral level wise...tinubu is more useful and influential dan obsanjo

Last year election can testify to dis

Tinubu delivers a state to APC,while obasanjo lost his polling unit grin grin grin

But relevance outside Nigeria and d world at large

Tinubu na boy for where Obj dey cool

Last election obj was with apc and not pdp
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by itchie: 7:08pm On Oct 11, 2018
God over all of them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Oluwadare: 7:08pm On Oct 11, 2018
Somehow difficult to extrapolate as per who is more influential between these great men. Having said that, if I'm given the task to choose just one between them, then my decision would be based on what I really want and need from the chosen one. For instance, assuming I want an international PR no doubt I'd prefer to pitch my tents with OBJ(case study Atiku Abu-Bakar).Reason being,having been a president before would always give OBJ that respected international voice any day any time more than Asiwaju.

However, if I decided to follow the political scientology saying that, politics is local and also a game of number, then, Asiwaju might be considered here (case study-- Muhamadu Buhari)Reason being. Asiwaju is more plumbed with all these plebeians mostly in SW. Due to my above explanations, the yardstick to juxtapose more influential person between them, would always be on the political calculation ground. Hence, it's very vague to choose between them. But on the scale of % I would give Asiwaju 60% while OBJ 40%.

Further, there was a time when Omisore appeared to be the most influential politician in just concluded Osun state gubernatorial election. This is because he was well grounded in his locality. So, if I'm at a gun-point, then, I'd give it to Asiwaju.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by AK481(m): 7:08pm On Oct 11, 2018
Obj can arrange a visit of atiku to America unscratched
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by TundeBricklayer: 7:09pm On Oct 11, 2018
basilo101:
Tinubu did not consolidate southern base before trying to go national. He remain a sw local politician. Obj is loved nationwide with his boys in every zone
Obasanjo is the leader of Yoruba Christians Tinubu is the leader of Yoruba Muslims grin cheesy grin
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by TheCongo2: 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2018
emmaitive:
if tinubu tinks he is popular let him context for presidency let see nah

Mike Tayson is very popular. Can he contest for presidency in the US?
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2018
Some people are saying Tinubu is a SW politician, does OBJ even have any say in his local government let alone Ogun State? You can only say OBJ has more international recognition. Tinubu boys in this present administration is countless ranging from the VP to senators, reps,governors, Parastatals heads like the FIRS boss, he is just too connected, he is the most powerful in Nigeria right now. Tinubu has never defected but remain undefeated, that is why he is called "The last man standing", he has a perfect political record.

Is there need to say that he has the media (The nations, ITR, TVC) and political machineries, he has no match.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2018
tuniski:
Stop comparing local champion tinubu with global icon OBJ!

I just tire for them
Comparing an international figure with a man who is not known outside Lagos
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by oyejideogunjumo: 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2018
In every standard,u can't compare them. OBJ has ruled the whole nation twice and commands international respect.
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by mfm04622: 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2018
technuel:
Tinubu no get level nah
Who knows him outside South West most especially Lagos
Obasanjo is a father in Africa a respected Elder statesman in Nigeria and a Global Icon.
Tinubu is a local champion

Very true! Can Obasanjo deliver any state to any of his loyalist?
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by deebrownneymar: 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2018
Tinubu has more influence in the SW whereas OBJ's influence is felt nationwide.
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by sircrabo: 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2018
OBJ is more influential in the Global scene but Tinubu is more influential in the south west politics.

where Obj will enter, Tinubu with his money won't enter.

b4 2015 elections, Tinubu was just a local champion within the south west region. it was after helping Buhari Succeed that his popularity grew.

The North only appreciates him for helping their son become president, but OBJ has been active right from his military regime.

OBJ was one unbiased leader Nigeria ever produced. He has followers in the east, west,North and south.

Nobody send Tinubu for south east and south south o!

Obj will go to all regions and canvass for Vote, even without cash they will still respect him. He'll pick some from south west, some from east, north and south south. Tinubus machinery won't cover east and south south.

See it this way, IF Tinubu and Obj where to contest for elections, the outcome will be :

Tinubu :

south west - 60%
North - 30%
East - 5
south - 5

OBJ

south west - 40%
North : 30%
East : 20%
south : 10
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2018
MayorofLagos:

Arent both of them Yoruba?
Who can compare with either of them anywhere in Iboland?
And how does that relate to the topic?

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Loftyboy: 7:19pm On Oct 11, 2018
just like comparing Wizkid (obj) with Olamide (tinubu)
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Ategberoson(m): 7:19pm On Oct 11, 2018
tuniski:
Stop comparing local champion tinubu with global icon OBJ!

oh obj is now global champion, yinmiri will never cease to amuse me

as it stands now in modern politics, obj is influential while Tinubu can deliver regards to election

so tell me which of them do you think it the most powerful
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Isobug: 7:20pm On Oct 11, 2018
livelymatilda22:

Name the obasanjo's boys?

Donald Duke
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
omoadeleye:
Omo, Obasanjo dey ball both international and local oo, but Tinubu only balls in southwest

Correction: Tinubu doesn't ball in the Southwest. He balls in Lagos
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by 1972xy: 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
Jagaban....!
Obj is an old school who is nobody in the south west.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by biggie73(m): 7:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
In a heart beat, I go with Tinubu for the simple fact he survived Obj machinery as Governor of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Kingspin(m): 7:25pm On Oct 11, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
must of you that call tinubu a regional champion say this out of ignorance .tinubu is a force to reckon with in africa not just nigeria.before apc tinubu party ACN already had governors , senators, house of reps in
south west
south east
south south
north central
north west

foreign diplomats troop in his residence when they come to town

he has africa presidents that re his allies.

tinubu played a key role in forcing yahaya jameh out of power.
he offered to take yahaya jameh out of gambia with his private jet if he surrender power

i can go on and on
You wont understand. But that's the way is it.
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by fergieboy: 7:25pm On Oct 11, 2018
You guys don't get it.. Obasanjo was an ex president.. While tinubu is not

To me it's tunubu.. Give tinubu presidency and he will e more influential than obj
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by internetservice: 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2018
hnmmmm.... i still believe in this country
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Modarun(m): 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
jaymichael:
In Nigeria Tinubu straight up. Internationally, OBJ. People don't know how influential Tinubu is to the extent that there are people who are ready to take a bullet for him. I listen sometimes when they talk about him to deduce that he is naturally respected and revered as I am close to some local politicians at the ward level in my community in Lagos here (at least), I can't say the same for OBJ. To OBJ it is about what can you offer for what I have to give.

Hahaha bunch of clowns, Tinubu is all that but little Saraki taught him a lesson in National politics at the senate leadership fight?. Who knows Tinubu outside of the South West? Are we talking about Tinubu who our dancibg Senator and Davido gave a political black eye? Tinudu who with over 40k police men, and 5000 Millitary and paramillitary couldnt deliver Osun to his cousin but had to result to rewriting the constitution and change goal posts before they coukd rig out Adeleke?
Tinubu is a local Champion, stop according to him what he is not, this is why when we told you all he cant remove Saraki his supporters were making empty noise about. Is not the same Tinubu the likes of Abbah kyari and co threw to the dogs after 2015? treated him like an ourcast and still ordered him back?, you dnt do such to international or national Champions like OBJ without consequencies. You only do that to local champions eho dnt have a choice but to obey. Tinubu allowed all the hailing to get to him head, but was cut down to size when he tried to install Lawan and his boy Gbajamila as Senate President and Speaker respectively. Tinubu might be a god in South west, but he is a no body nationally. in this country we have national players and local and regional champions. National players have been on the scene since 1999 till date, they have history across each zones, boys, associates and structures, a local champion only have these in his region, outside he is as lowly as a ward chairman.
Atiku is a national player, headed PDM,played politics even during the millitary era when the likes of Tinubu was not even allowed to come into the compound when the likes of Pa Adeshina and Bola Ige were holding meetings. Not even Buhari can challange Baba Iyabo, if there was an out break of crisis across the country, world leaders wont call Bubari let alone Tinubu for updates, its the likes of OBJ and TyDanjuma they listen to. OBJ might not be able to install someone in the S/west, but nationally and internationally he can damage your image and destroy whatever goodwilll you have. You guys should keep decievibg your selves.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Seunnzy(m): 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
if Tinubu could mastermind the downfall of PDP..then he is already damn as powerful as OBJ.
OBJ is an ex president,Tinubu isnt yet he pulls the strings..ever since pdp became an opposition OBJ relegated to a mere noisemaker
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by kodded(m): 7:29pm On Oct 11, 2018
[s]
candygist:

Obasanjor dose not even have a say in ogun state not to talk of Nigeria as a whole. You and I know that Tinubu brought buhari into this game single handedly. Buhari as been trying since 2003 and failled. Even while obasanjor was the president of Nigeria and refused to pay lagos state government it's monthly allocation. Tinubu never gave two fuuuuukkkksssss about obasanjor .Obasanjor as lost his respect and if you don't believe wait until after 2019 general election to confirm my claims
[/s]shut up
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by senatordave1(m): 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2018
fergieboy:
You guys don't get it.. Obasanjo was an ex president.. While tinubu is not

To me it's tunubu.. Give tinubu presidency and he will e more influential than obj
Thats it.he has strong ties to guinea and ghana presidents and influences things there unlike obj.most of obj boys are political lightweights.
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by anigbajumo(m): 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2018
MyVILLAGEpeople:
This is a slap on Ebora Owu face.

Even Tinubu sef knw say na boy him be to Obasanjo.

Besides I hate it when people say tinubu controls the south west States. That is a big fat lie. Tinubu only controls Lagos and Osun States.

Obasanjo no get time for state level.. but as for international recognition and concerning who becomes president of Nigeria. Ebora Owu is a deciding factor.

Lol, bookmark this page and see wat will happen next yr inshallah. Obj is not politically relevant in present day Nigeria politics. If he like,let him endorse Atiku 100x he will still loose to Buhari woefully..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Muhammad Halliru: Aisha Yesufu's Brother (Photos) / Photos From Clash Between Shi'ites And Security Officers Today In Abuja / Dangote, El-Rufai At Dino Melaye's Convocation In ABU Zaria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.