Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense (8639 Views)

I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness / Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? / How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by theSpark(m): 3:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
Bro make friends and be comfortable with guys. If you have tight guys, you'll start getting contact with their sisters, girlfriends etc.

Secondly, whenever you're somewhere say hi to the people around.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2018
undefeateds:
I am really fed up with this my nonsensical way of life,my parents are complaining, my course mate are complaining, everybody is complaining,I don't relate with people,I don't talk with people, I find it difficult to greet someone first,all my coursemate has known me with this my isolated way of life and they don't give a Bleep about me,ve never had any girlfriend in my entire life,there is this girl I fear most,cos she is d strict type and she is d only one I love in my life,I summon d courage to ask for her number and she gave me,ever since that time,we ve been chatting marathonly online,but d issue is that since DAT day,whenever we see each other,we do act as if we ve never met b4,but still we do always chat,and another problem is that,I can't keep a long conversation, either I keep quiet or i start saying rubbish,but I can stay on social media for 24hrs without saying any irrelevance, pls how do I overcome this,because I see that if I continue like this I will be isolated and single forever,how do I start get familiar with people,please o
Start drinking moderately, your problem is shyness and lack of confidence and booze actually helps with that, it makes you want to talk and say what's on your mind and it boost up courage as well, so start drinking. It will really open up your mind and turn you in to a social animal.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Thavik(m): 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2018
undefeateds:
I am really fed up with this my nonsensical way of life,my parents are complaining, my course mate are complaining, everybody is complaining,I don't relate with people,I don't talk with people, I find it difficult to greet someone first,all my coursemate has known me with this my isolated way of life and they don't give a Bleep about me,ve never had any girlfriend in my entire life,there is this girl I fear most,cos she is d strict type and she is d only one I love in my life,I summon d courage to ask for her number and she gave me,ever since that time,we ve been chatting marathonly online,but d issue is that since DAT day,whenever we see each other,we do act as if we ve never met b4,but still we do always chat,and another problem is that,I can't keep a long conversation, either I keep quiet or i start saying rubbish,but I can stay on social media for 24hrs without saying any irrelevance, pls how do I overcome this,because I see that if I continue like this I will be isolated and single forever,how do I start get familiar with people,please o

undefeateds
fam, I totally understand where you are coming from, so trust me when I say I get you

You see, what you have is social anxiety, most people do, and it is socially debilitating.

I'm not going to tell you about building your confidence or other things like that, it won't help you much. Without what I'm about to tell you

What you need is mindfulness meditation, hold on, lemme finish. mindfulness is being present in each moment, getting rid of unnecessary harm inflicting thoughts, experiencing life as it comes without being too much in your head..

With mindfulness meditation ,i have absolutely zero anxiety in any situation, for over a year now I've meditated for 10 minutes a day, and I started seeing benefits in the first 2weeks of starting the mediation

Just trust me and try it out, check out any video on YouTube on mindfulness . Safe
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2018
undefeateds:

No,DAT is one of d problems am facing,I do chat with this girl,but I can't just bring myself to d surface of pouring my mind out
Have a drink as in a few shots of liquor, you will see yourself talking and flowing nicely with the girl, Hell! You will even have the courage to lay with her.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
amaniro:
shocked

I don't understand, you're a loner, an isolated being infested with reversible inferiority, you're a shy guy. You better stand up and be a man, else pictures belowlipsrsealed
What this guy needs is booze! No doubt.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by damselicious1(f): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2018
I think when someone is an introvert this situation is very common... but the only thing you can do to help yourself is to build your confidence first, though u might feel uncomfortable when talking with people but u should keep on trying till you become a guru at that. people will even tell u that u talk too much.
I was once in your shoe, that during our V. S people volunteer my name as the most gentle girl.
But when I become so uncomfortable with my ways, I decided to change and today when my old friends See me they are happy that I have changed, and I relate more with people
sorry for the long post

1 Like

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
amaniro:
shocked

I don't understand, you're a loner, an isolated being infested with reversible inferiority, you're a shy guy. You better stand up and be a man, else pictures belowlipsrsealed
you type as if its easy.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by jidxin(m): 5:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
QueenBelle:
try to be physically intimate with another girl... You're clearly lacking in physical love and intimacy. Don't over do it o
oshey....awon adviser aye....tuale ma
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2018
jidxin:
lol.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by daben1(m): 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2018
look at this guy o, so you think you've a problem?
make your money and you'll see that you'll make real and responsible friends, you're you, you can't be like everybody Na, Haba! to me o, you don't have any single problem... I wan be like you self

1 Like

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2018
jidxin:
lol
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Casido1(m): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2018
The first step is to stop masturbating. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Newboss(m): 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2018
QueenBelle:
Its a stage in life sir. Don't fall into depression please. Remember that there are people who care about you

It's not a stage in life angry His system is configured to isolation angry He has to deal with it himself angry He knows exactly what to do angry
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Darevofpeace(m): 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2018
Bros, there is nothing wrong with you,I was also like you as a teenager,I could stay indoor for day's and I must make three days rehearsal in my room to talk to a female friend even to family friend's, I was so lonely and got low self esteem.But I read a book by Tim Lahaye "Spirit controlled temperament" and "Why you act the way you do" it really opened my mind and I discovered my strengths and weakness and as of today I am a motivational speaker and I have an audience of 500 people and I even make leadership training's and seminar now.You need to discover yourself and keep adding new skill's. There is nothing wrong with you dear.Go discover yourself.

1 Like

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 12, 2018
QueenBelle:
m trying to get something. He may be a teenager. But since he's past his teenage years, its not normal
That is why as a teen, a kid should be left alone to party and experiment with friends, it gradually makes them come out of their shells, because its all part of growing up. But Nigerian parents don't understand, they will force their kids to stay indoors 24/7, how do you expect a kid to grow up and come out of his shell at that age.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Legolast: 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
undefeateds:

Where in Ifè are you?
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by holluikon(m): 9:49pm On Oct 12, 2018
undefeateds:

You're an introvert bro, try to have an extrovert male friend, he would teach you how to go about life
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Marshalxv(m): 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2018
Ur situation is not uncommon. you have to learn how to talk to people around you, start with those people around you b4 taking it to outsiders.

You can't do this alone you need a friend that's good in communication ,who can relate to both male and female fluently, move with him and you'll be amazed by the changes you'll notice.

Don't make it all about talking to girls alone. make friends, not necessarily intimate friends, hang out with people and try not to isolate yourself from crowd.

Dont try to be too careful and too perfect, you're probably afraid of making mistakes and rejections. Those two are the things that sometimes bring out the best in us. Good luck bro

1 Like

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 12, 2018
mhd5757:

That is why as a teen, a kid should be left alone to party and experiment with friends, it gradually makes them come out of their shells, because its all part of growing up. But Nigerian parents don't understand, they will force their kids to stay indoors 24/7, how do you expect a kid to grow up and come out of his shell at that age.
that would be over exposure you know
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Albertone(m): 11:20pm On Oct 12, 2018
QueenBelle:
m trying to get something. He may be a teenager. But since he's past his teenage years, its not normal
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Albertone(m): 11:52pm On Oct 12, 2018
mhd5757:

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 13, 2018
QueenBelle:
that would be over exposure you know
Even though, exposure has got its good sides too.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 13, 2018
Albertone:
what if he was a teenager?what advice would you have given him?
i'd have told him to consult an adult or guardian and tell him everything he said here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 13, 2018
mhd5757:

What this guy needs is booze! No doubt.
So he can dependent on that fake courage What he needs is to go out more often & make new friends with females especially and be prepared to receive rejection by seeing it as a normal thing u need to get better at making female friends..

KILL THE FEAR OF BEING REJECTED
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 1:25am On Oct 13, 2018
QueenBelle:
try to be physically intimate with another girl... You're clearly lacking in physical love and intimacy. Don't over do it o
There's nothing like over doing it... Let him go the whole nine yards
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by KalakutaRepubli: 7:01am On Oct 13, 2018
QueenBelle:
why?
you my kind of woman.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Albertone(m): 8:10am On Oct 13, 2018
QueenBelle:
i'd have told him to consult an adult or guardian and tell him everything he said here
Alright!
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 13, 2018
KalakutaRepubli:
you my kind of woman.
haha...
You're not serious.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by princfred(m): 10:36am On Oct 13, 2018
Somepeople want to go into the shell but cant find it others are trying to come out of theirs.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Evangkatsoulis: 10:37am On Oct 13, 2018
QueenBelle:
wow... You have to take your self out of that pitiful situation. Its a cage you made for yourself. Go out and relate with girls

What's pitiful about not relating with girls?
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by princfred(m): 10:43am On Oct 13, 2018
Why was alcholic and indian hemp made if not for special cases and people like him? Forget the long stories here and follow this prescription the way you will follow malaria treatment course:

Take two bottles of Origin and hero every morning before going to school (that your girl and others sef go dey hold your swag) and 2.6 tabs of ijebu hemp after school then head of to anywhere lots of people gather- football field, club, church even bus stop for 3 weeks. Don't even thank me later. cheesy Just share your testimony.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 13, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

What's pitiful about not relating with girls?
take a second to imagine your life is you've never related to one girls through out your life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Filming Myself For Daddies Pleasure" Lagos Babe Twerk In Pant & Bra (photos) / What's Wrong Dressing Like This To Church / 28 Hilariously Mindbending Pictures That Will Trick Ur Brain Until U Look Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.