Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,692 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (35437 Views)

My Experience With Eckankar Religion / Ilorin Pastors Brainwash Church Members To Disown Parents, Burn Certificate / Re:his Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Naturalle(f): 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
This is a very uninformed analysis of Eckankar. Hate the bible? Have you even been to a seminar before? People fear what they don't know, get knowledge before you post with confidence next time.

Bannylove13:
Eck is an occultic group that don't believe that they are occultic..

The hate the Bible with passion and won't allow it anywhere near their homes..

They believe in soul travel.. and so many other things that ain't right.

Though it's not proper to disown their kid..they should show him love of God ..pray for him . That God will touch him and bring him back to his senses..

Something made him join Eck..might be anything..power money protection..etc..

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2018
bencarson007:

Are you okay?
who mentioned that the family are Christians?

The 'everyone must not be a Christian' part in my post wasn't related to what the OP said.

If you could read my comment very well you will see that I cited instances of my personal experience and how people perceived me because I was a member of a church, Ekankar, AMORC, amongst others.

I must point out that I found the "are you okay?" part of your comment offensive.

You could have made your point known without the use of offensive words.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
Naturalle:

This is a very uninformed analysis of Eckankar. Hate the bible? Have you even been to a seminar before? People fear what they don't know, get knowledge before you post with confidence next time.

And you know this as an ex member of Eckankar?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
chiedozie198100:

Which developed countries r u talking about?

My dear, I live in a developed country in Europe. I know what I'm talking about!

P. S: if you want me to cite statistics, I'll gladly do that.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by dgtmedia: 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2018
dancok:
people fear what they don't know, my father is an eckist, they are not occult in any way, they are just worshipping God in their own way.

This comment is funny, and who says what occultic people do is not also worshipping God in their own way? We need to tell ourselves the truth and stand by it, any religion claiming Christianity and does not recognize Jesus is an occultic group QED.

3 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by AleAirHub(m): 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2018
Wait ooo you mean he should disown his parent with all these your epistle here Right?.
Then its very obvious that your belief doesn't have;

*** Room for Harmony

*** Respect for "Children honour your parents"

*** Room for dialogue , etc angry

Ese95:
I am an Eckist, Eckankar is a Religion not a cult and I can boldly tell u majority of the people here condemning Eckankar have no idea what its all about dey have never attended any of their programs or read any of their books... You no understand something u no go ask questions? Why jump into conclusions and spread false rumours? As an Eckist we keep a diary what we call dream journal der we write down all our dreams n surround dem to God coz we believe dream is one of the fastest ways God communicate with us so we write down our dreams and also day to day experiences we study dem n watch how it affects our lives dah way we are able to interpret our dreams ourselves without d aid of anybody... Its possible what the family saw is his dream journal n dey d family are d people using diabolical means to attack him hence he wrote down his experience inviting the Eck masters what christians call angels to take control of d situation.. now d family want him to leave Eckankar? Well for his safety he shud disown his family instead... If u need any more answers concerning Eckankar contact me on whatsapp @07035489697

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by bencarson007(m): 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
ansellotty:

The 'everyone must not be a Christian' part in my post wasn't related to what the OP said.

If you could read my comment very well you will see that I cited instances of my personal experience and how people perceived me because I was a member of a church, Ekankar, AMORC, amongst others.

I must point out that I found the "are you okay?" part of your comment offensive.

You could have made your point known without the use of offensive words.

oh i see what you mean brother... please accept my apologies... no vex... armed robbers attacked my house yesterday so i still get small pepper body for now... no vex bro
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
kaycee2much:
[Eckanker I know is a religion that operates like a cult even though they deny being one. One has to grow grom one level to another .Except you are promoted by their godman ,the mahanta who is a man in a wheelchair from America,a divorcee whose only daughter and child is not even an eckist. She is a christian! Again you have to renew your membership every your for the mahanta to recognize you. .They do not condemn divorce for obvious reasons,and neither are they against homosexuality an abortion. I can go on and on. Eckists are usually brainwashed by their trachers called arahatas brainwash them of the grave consequences they stand to face should they leave Eckankar. Thrre ste so many other secretes as so many things are shrouded in secrecyte author=pimper24 post=72069337]Please urgent advise is need. A friend of mine who is an Eckist or member of Eckankar has confided in that his family has concluded plans to disown him because of his membership of the religious group.

They accused him of using occultic powers to hoodwink members of his family. His younger brother said he bumped into his diary where he wrote the family members' names and also different bizarre names beside each for reasons no one could explain.

He has been mandated to denounce his membership or get expelled from the family.

He is in a wheel chair coz he is aged and he has a wife.. His daughter is not an eckist coz Eckankar does not discriminate neither do dey compel u to be a member they operate on Love unconditional divine love.. Which gives u free will to exercise ur fundamental human rights
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Lomprico2: 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
agadam:

incating HUU

grin grin grin grin. Hahahahaha
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
bencarson007:

oh i see what you mean brother... please accept my apologies... no vex... armed robbers attacked my house yesterday so i still get small pepper body for now... no vex bro

Lol... It is well!

No problem, bro. One love!
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by frbona: 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2018
ugotheman:
ECKANKAR teaches that there is an audible life current known as the ECK, or Holy Spirit, that connects each of us with the heart of God. We can experience the ECK as Light and Sound. Through study and practice of the Spiritual Exercises of ECK, we learn to recognize the Light and Sound of God as It touches our lives and brings increased divine love.
I am an Eckist
good for you
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by LightSpirit: 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
dancok:
my man, u are just like me, **A seeker without brand***
Yes man.

A true follower of Jesus will not even follow Jesus because Jesus followed no one. I enjoy the freedom of not having a hole, a nest and where to lay my head. But I also have to give up the 'security' that those 'places' offer.

It is an 'alone' journey where one come face to face with his subjectivity, unlike the wide path where one would always be accompanied - and for fear of solitude this path is avoided. This basic fear created all religions, sects, occult groups and all social group.

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by chiedozie198100: 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
ansellotty:

My dear, I live in a developed country in Europe. I know what I'm talking about!

Still didn't answer the question

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2018
AleAirHub:
Wait ooo you mean he should disown his parent with all these your epistle here Right?.

*** Room for Harmony

I guess u also read for his "safety" its being included based on experience if being faced between denouncing ur faith n choosing ur family i'd rather go with my faith n as a christian if ur true to ursef u wud do same n also if ur religion give room for all u listed d parents won't threaten to disown him for being an eckist.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by chrisbaxtian(m): 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2018
AleAirHub:

*** Room for Harmony

you ran away from the question I asked you. smh
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
Bannylove13:
Eck is an occultic group that don't believe that they are occultic..

The hate the Bible with passion and won't allow it anywhere near their homes..

They believe in soul travel.. and so many other things that ain't right.

Though it's not proper to disown their kid..they should show him love of God ..pray for him . That God will touch him and bring him back to his senses..

Something made him join Eck..might be anything..power money protection..etc..

And you know this as an ex member of eckankar?

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by dgtmedia: 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ese95:
I am an Eckist, Eckankar is a Religion not a cult and I can boldly tell u majority of the people here condemning Eckankar have no idea what its all about dey have never attended any of their programs or read any of their books... You no understand something u no go ask questions? Why jump into conclusions and spread false rumours? As an Eckist we keep a diary what we call dream journal der we write down all our dreams n surround dem to God coz we believe dream is one of the fastest ways God communicate with us so we write down our dreams and also day to day experiences we study dem n watch how it affects our lives dah way we are able to interpret our dreams ourselves without d aid of anybody... Its possible what the family saw is his dream journal n dey d family are d people using diabolical means to attack him hence he wrote down his experience inviting the Eck masters what christians call angels to take control of d situation.. now d family want him to leave Eckankar? Well for his safety he shud disown his family instead... If u need any more answers concerning Eckankar contact me on whatsapp @07035489697

If in truth this is what they stand for, then dere is no basis or need to establish themselves as a religious body because all humans have the tendency of all you said you people do..dreams...
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 12:23pm On Oct 14, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

And the question is?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by chrisbaxtian(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ese95:

And the question is?

was I talking to you?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nkyben: 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
[quote author=pimper24 post=72069337]Please urgent advise is need. A friend of mine who is an Eckist or member of Eckankar has confided in that his family has concluded plans to disown him because of his membership of the religious group.

They accused him of using occultic powers to hoodwink members of his family. His younger brother said he bumped into his diary where he wrote the family members' names and also different bizarre names beside each for reasons no one could explain.

He has been mandated to denounce his membership or get expelled from the family.

Good one
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
dgtmedia:

If in truth this is what they stand for, then dere is no basis or need to establish themselves as a religious body because all humans have the tendency of all you said you people do..dreams...

How many know how to develop d ability to understand their dreams n use it their daily lives? How many know how to accommodate odas? How many know how to love God n let others love God their own way? How many people know life challenges are stepping stones? How many really know Karma and reincarnation entails n how it affects ur daily life?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by 2kurupt(m): 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2018
Chinny024:
On a more serious note ..This eckankar,is it church or what... One of my colleague is inviting me to their program towards Rumukwurusi Portharcourt..
Don't want to attend though but she kept on pressing me.. Saying it's normal church program for ember month.. cool shocked
What are they Biko....Are they not church?
Don't want to use my legs carry myself inside problem.. grin shocked shocked

It is NOT a church. In fact they're a whole different religion & not even Christians

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

was I talking to you?

No vex
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by AleAirHub(m): 12:29pm On Oct 14, 2018
I didn't rather my last comment to your quote was , I WISH YOU BEST OF LUCK.... Which translate into Bye bye & no more responses to your present & future inquiries from me.
chrisbaxtian:

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by dgtmedia: 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ese95:

How many know how to develop d ability to understand their dreams n use it their daily lives? How many know how to accommodate odas? How many know how to love God n let others love God their own way? How many people know life challenges are stepping stones? How many really know Karma and reincarnation entails n how it affects ur daily life?

The main thing is everyone has the tendency. To develop is left to selve as each deem fit. There is still no basis for someone establishing a sect to take someone through all you wrote...

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2018
chiedozie198100:

Still didn't answer the question

In Germany, for instance, about 59.3% of the population are Christians, 34.4% doesn't have a religion, 5.5% Islam, and 0.8% belong to other religions. Yet, no one judge you because you are not a Christian or Muslim. Everyone allows you to live your life as you deem fit!

What I'm trying to say in essence is that in Africa, people shouldn't classify a certain religion as being occultic. Whether or not I choose to believe in a certain religion should be left for me as an individual to decide!

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by eternal33: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2018
Representing Eckankar for life.Nothing could be better!!!!respect to other faiths but Eckankar forever!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by chrisbaxtian(m): 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
AleAirHub:
I didn't rather my last comment to your quote was , I WISH YOU BEST OF LUCK.... Which translate into Bye bye & no more responses to your present & future inquiries from me.

smh! you made an emphatic statement and could not back it up. too many ignorant folks here.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by chrisbaxtian(m): 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ese95:

No vex

smiley

4 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by virago(f): 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2018
kingthreat:

If the bolded is true, they should go ahead and disown him. If I hear any member of my family is into any of the below, our relationship will be as distant as from here to the North Pole:

Reformed Ogboni Fraternity
Eckankar
Amorc
Brotherhood of the Cross & star
Anything occultic.

A man's enemies shall be members of his own household

Christians carry names of loved ones to their G.O/Prophet/Pastor/Apostle and you don't view this as being occultic , friggin double standards

4 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 12:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
dgtmedia:

The main thing is everyone has the tendency. To develop is left to selve as each deem fit. There is still no basis for someone establishing a sect to take someone through all you wrote...

Eckankar like every oda religion has its purpose n its been established for those who needs. it doesn't concern u ur welcome not to try it nobody forces u to do anytin.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by afroxyz: 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
Because they don't want you in hell.

That religion will only lead you to hell

Which hell?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Shiloh 2019: Oyedepo Slams Buhari’s Govt Over "Hate Speech" Bill / Church Elder & Pastor's Son Sleep With Girl Sent To Church For Deliverance / Cultist Vomits 'Demonic Cowries' At TB Joshua’s Church!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.