Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,139 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? (3191 Views)

Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Steep: 7:20pm On Feb 14
bloodofthelamb:
What is true about God is also true about Jesus Christ. They are both of the same nature and form(John1:1).

I believe the Father is only greater than the Son just in role or rank.
What do you guys think?
blood of the Lamb I hope you alright long time, I am solite3

You are right Jesus and the father has one nature but different roles or rank.
In role or rank the father is greater as he is the authority of God.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Steep: 7:21pm On Feb 14
Michael547:

So is Jesus now equal to the Almighty God?
yes Jesus is the Almighty God.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:24pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
The writer of the Gospel did not leave the meaning up for interpretation. undecided
Clearly, the writer aims to make clear that the Word is equally eternal as the Father — the eternal Life of the Father is the same as the Son's and the Son's ranking never diminished in all of that period. undecided

The question asked on this thread is in what way is the Father greater than the Son? undecided

The Word had a beginning
The Ancient of days has none
The Word is described as the beginning of God's creation... The beginning of his way... God's son
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Feb 14
Aemmyjah:
■ The Word had a beginning. The Ancient of days has none. The Word is described as the beginning of God's creation... The beginning of his way... God's son
The Word had a beginning and He is not ancient meaning the Word lied when He said He is the Eternal Life and the Truth of the Father, right? undecided

The Word began when the World began and not before. undecided
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 7:30pm On Feb 14
Steep:
yes Jesus is the Almighty God.
So what does the statement 'in the beginning was the word' mean in John 1:1?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 7:32pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
The Word had a beginning and He is not ancient meaning the Word lied when He said He is the Eternal Life and the Truth of the Father, right? undecided

So what does the statement 'in the beginning was the word' mean in John 1:1? Explain na.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:35pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:

Who is Proverbs 8:23-31 referring to?

By means of christ, we will have everlasting life. Those refer to the roles he play to mankind
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On Feb 14
Aemmyjah:
Who is Proverbs 8:23-31 referring to? By means of christ, we will have everlasting life. Those refer to the roles he play to mankind
So Jesus Christ had a beginning and He is not ancient meaning Jesus Christ lied when He said He is the Eternal Life and the Truth of the Father, right? Jesus Christ's began when the World began and not before. lipsrsealed
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:42pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
So Jesus Christ had a beginning and He is not ancient meaning Jesus Christ lied when He said He is the Eternal Life and the Truth of the Father, right? Jesus Christ's began when the World began and not before. lipsrsealed

The world and Jesus, who was there?
Read that Proverbs again. This time with understanding

Eternal life is a prophetic title for Jesus by Isaiah which is yet to be fulfilled just as we have prince of peace, etc

Jesus himself said he's the beginning of God's creation

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Feb 14
Michael547:
■ So what does the statement 'in the beginning was the word' mean in John 1:1? Explain na.
You mean you need it to have a special meaning different from the one given by the author of the book? lipsrsealed
1 Before the world began, the Word was there. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was there with God in the beginning.
3 Everything was made through him, and nothing was made without him.
4 In him there was life, and that life was a light for the people of the world.
5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not defeated it. - John 1 vs 1 - 5
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 7:44pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
So what does the statement 'in the beginning was the word' mean in John 1:1? Explain na. Or is the bible contradictory?

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:45pm On Feb 14
God's firstborn
The beginning of God's creation
God's only begotten
God's son
Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Feb 14
Aemmyjah:
■ The world and Jesus, who was there? Read that Proverbs again. This time with understanding
Eternal life is a prophetic title for Jesus by Isaiah which is yet to be fulfilled just as we have prince of peace, etc. Jesus himself said he's the beginning of God's creation
So, rather than the meaning that John, the author, intended you assert a different meaning to his words in order to come up with these ideas of yours, right?
1 Before the world began, the Word was there. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.
5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not defeated it. - John 1 vs 1 - 5
By Prophetic title, you mean that not only is Jesus Christ not an eternal being but His status as the Eternal Life of God has yet to begin? lipsrsealed
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Feb 14
Michael547:
■ So what does the statement 'in the beginning was the word' mean in John 1:1? Explain na. Or is the bible contradictory?
What the author of the book of John meant is made clear in His Gospel.
You seem to want to assert a different meaning from that intended by the author, right? undecided
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:50pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
So, rather than the meaning that John, the author, intended you assert a different meaning to his words in order to come up with these ideas of yours, right? By Prophetic title, you mean that not only is Jesus Christ not an eternal being but His status as the Eternal Life of God has yet to begin? lipsrsealed

Study Bible
Revelation 1:17, 18
When I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last,18and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of the Grave

Jesus himself said Jehovah produced him as the beginning of his way

The Word had a beginning
The angels had a beginning
The universe has a beginning
Only one person is addressed as the source of life and Ancient of Days

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 7:51pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
What the author of the book of John meant is made clear in His Gospel. You seem to want to assert a different meaning from that intended by the author, right? undecided
Oga answer the question according to the picture below.
So what does the statement 'in the beginning was the word' mean in John 1:1? Explain na. Or is the bible contradictory?

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:53pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
So, rather than the meaning that John, the author, intended you assert a different meaning to his words in order to come up with these ideas of yours, right? By Prophetic title, you mean that not only is Jesus Christ not an eternal being but His status as the Eternal Life of God has yet to begin? lipsrsealed

Revelation 3:14
“To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ceʹa write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God:

Explain
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Feb 14
Aemmyjah:
Study Bible Revelation 1:17, 18 When I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last,18and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of the Grave
Jesus himself said Jehovah produced him as the beginning of his way The Word had a beginning The angels had a beginning The universe has a beginning Only one person is addressed as the source of life and Ancient of Days
The passage you quoted says nothing of what you claim
17 When I saw him, I fell down at his feet like a dead man. He put his right hand on me and said, “Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last.
18 I am the one who lives. I was dead, but look, I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
19 So write what you see. Write the things that happen now and the things that will happen later.
20 Here is the hidden meaning of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and the seven golden lampstands that you saw: The seven lampstands are the seven churches. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches. - Revelations 1 vs 17 - 20
So, what do you gain from this random ramblings? undecided
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Feb 14
Aemmyjah:
Revelation 3:14
“To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ceʹa write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God: Explain
Again...
14 “Write this to the angel of the church in Laodicea: “Here is a message from the Amen,[c] the faithful and true witness, the ruler of all that God has made. - Revelations 3 vs 14
Why do you gain by asserting a meaning different from that made clear by the author of the book? lipsrsealed
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Feb 14
Michael547:
■ Oga answer the question according to the picture below.
The statement means exactly what John, the author, intended for his words to mean to me. So, this other meaning you need it to mean is yours, not mine. lipsrsealed
Clearly, the author insists that the Word was(past tense) already there before the beginning. So, any other meaning is foreign to the intentions of the author. undecided
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 8:22pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
The statement means exactly what John, the author, intended for his words to mean to me. So, this other meaning you need it to mean is yours, not mine. lipsrsealed Clearly, the author insists that the Word was(past tense) already there before the beginning. So, any other meaning is foreign to the intentions of the author. undecided
Are you quoting from a translation of a Bible, if yes what translation is it?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 8:24pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
The statement means exactly what John, the author, intended for his words to mean to me. So, this other meaning you need it to mean is yours, not mine. lipsrsealed Clearly, the author insists that the Word was(past tense) already there before the beginning. So, any other meaning is foreign to the intentions of the author. undecided
And how can we explain verse 2 of this your translation? Which 'in the beginning' is that verse also referring to?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Mayntheemaynn: 8:26pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
the word was WITH God, then later the word that was WITH God became god.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Feb 14
Michael547:
■ Are you quoting from a translation of a Bible, if yes what translation is it?
This isn't a translation issue but a simple Language comprehension problem. Jesus Christ is the Word out of God's own mouth. Certainly, God was not one a mute, was He? lipsrsealed

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Mayntheemaynn: 8:37pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
This isn't a translation issue but a simple Language comprehension problem. Jesus Christ is the Word out of God's own mouth. Certainly, God was not one a mute, was He? lipsrsealed
also notice difference between the GOD, theon and the god theos. wink
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Feb 14
Michael547:
■ And how can we explain verse 2 of this your translation? Which 'in the beginning' is that verse also referring to?
The intention of the writer is made pretty clear even in those other verses.

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 8:38pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
Alright....in verse 2, 'in what beginning' was the word with God?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 8:39pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
The intention of the writer is made pretty clear even in those other verses.
What does the beginning in verse 2 refer to? Since you said the beginning in verse 1 refers to the world.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Feb 14
Michael547:
Alright....in verse 2, 'in what beginning' was the word with God?
You mean verse 2 does not follow the same beginning explained in verse 1? shocked

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Mayntheemaynn: 8:41pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
You mean verse 2 does not follow the same beginning explained in verse 1? shocked
you are using kjv, use another VERSION. everything was made through him, not made by him.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 8:46pm On Feb 14
Kobojunkie:
So is verse two implying that before the beginning of the world, the word and God were not together and that they became together in the beginning of the world? If no, what 'beginning' is verse 2 referring to?

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Kobojunkie: 8:49pm On Feb 14
Michael547:
So is verse two implying that before the beginning of the world, the word and God were not together and that they became together in the beginning of the world? If no, what 'beginning' is verse 2 referring to?
Implying ke? undecided
Basically, God was not mute — unable to speak —before the world began. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? / Proof That Catholic Popes Are Not Chosen By God: Endorsement Of Gay Sex. / BREAKING: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Ex-wife Remarries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.