Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? (3189 Views)

Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 6:45pm On Mar 13
Janosky:
The same ghost deceiving you Emusan told Bill Mounce (your fellow Trinitarian) that you are LYING.

If you have sense then you'll know you're contradicting yourself.

You presented Bill Mounce as evidence yet saying the same Ghost deceiving me.

Screenshot evidence of Phil 2:6 Mounce Greek interlinear.

You don't even need to use Bill Mounce because many translation put it that way.

because the translation that SIMPLIFIED that verse is the one I presented including your beloved AMPLIFIER BIBLE cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Jesus Christ a spirit in the form of God did not think equality with God a thing to be grasped "

A SPIRIT isn't in the manuscript

Lying liar jws

Jesus said himself is inferior to God his Father, John 14:28 & Revelation 3:12.
Why would he grasp equality which Jesus said doesn't not exist?
LYING no dey tire Trinitarians.
grin grin grin grin

Phil 2:6 Jesus is equal to God.

If you know you're being honest to yourself then provide Bill Mounce commentary on Phil 2:6 here.

Meanwhile, the same Bill Mounce who chaired the committee that produced NIV translation put it this way: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; - NIV
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 6:46pm On Mar 13
Janosky:

Revelation 3:12 & John 14:28 did Jesus Christ teach that he worship his equal?

Trinity nah SCAM.

Jesus is equal to God which is the Father according to Phil 2:6

I know it's still paining you since that is the position your father the Devil wants but couldn't get it. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 6:48pm On Mar 13
Steep:

It had already being predetermined by the father before creation that christ would take a lower position to save mankind
and after that he would recieve honor and glory befitting him.
So the father had already given him (preordained all things for him before creation).

For the bolded claim, OGA Steep,Which scriptures and verse did you read that?
Steep:

The father,Son and Holy Spirit has different roles.

Did you see any equality in revelation 3:12 & John 17:22 & John 14:28?

Did you see role of holy spirit in Revelation 3:12 & John 17:22 & John 14:28?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 6:49pm On Mar 13
Aemmyjah:

Father whether literal or not is always greater than the son

Based on Position but when it comes to NATURE, you and your father has the same NATURE as human, true or false?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 6:52pm On Mar 13
Steep:
That is because Jesus took a lower position as a servant.

Philippians 2:6 Bill Mounce Greek interlinear puncture your claim.

Please check it out.

grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 6:53pm On Mar 13
Aemmyjah:
Carry your stupid doctrine and educate your wife

Why the frustration?

Don't give yourself hypertension, Jesus needs you before you take hard way.

I'll follow what Jesus himself said

'The father is greater than I'

Nobody denied that and the same Jesus said through Paul that He is equal to God Phil 2:6

Will you follow that?

Interestingly, you seem to have forgotten the holy spirit... Or your Bible did not mention that holy spirit is equally equal

That's not the point here.

The point is you falsely accused Jesus that He never claimed to be equal to God, now I've shown you where it was stated clearly that Jesus is equal to God.

So if you want to talk about Holy spirit say it.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 6:57pm On Mar 13
Janosky:

Philippians 2:6 Bill Mounce Greek interlinear puncture your claim.

Please check it out.

grin

This one always jumping from different Trinitarian works to lie to himself.

Bill Mounce interlinear didn't say anything different from KJV so cut the crabs.

The same Bill Mounce chaired the committee that translated NIV and this is how it was put: "Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage" - NIV

Then show us Bill Mounce commentary here if you dare to.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 6:58pm On Mar 13
Emusan:

Based on Position but when it comes to NATURE, you and your father has the same NATURE as human, true or false?
Based on Position but when it comes to NATURE, you and your SENIOR (Father) has the same NATURE as human, true or false?

Emusan,Does your similar nature with your Father prove that Emusan is equal to his Father?

Angels dwelling in heaven have similar spirit nature of God (not flesh and blood nature of men), does that proves angels equal to God?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 7:01pm On Mar 13
Janosky:

Based on Position but when it comes to NATURE, you and your SENIOR (Father) has the same NATURE as human, true or false?

True!

Emusan,Does your similar nature with your Father prove that Emusan is equal to his Father?

How does this make sense to you?

Angels dwelling in heaven have similar spirit nature of God (not flesh and blood nature of men), does that proves angels equal to God?

Angels don't have the same nature with God.

Olodo.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 7:02pm On Mar 13
Emusan:

This one always jumping from different Trinitarian works to lie to himself.

Bill Mounce interlinear didn't say anything different from KJV so cut the crabs.

The same Bill Mounce chaired the committee that translated NIV and this is how it was put: "Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage" - NIV

Then show us Bill Mounce commentary here if you dare to. .

Emusan LYING Trinitarian , bring Phillipians 2:6 Bill Mounce Greek interlinear & your KJV Phillipians 2:6 here.
Type them side by side.

Emusan LIENUS
grin grin grin grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 7:07pm On Mar 13
Janosky:

Emusan LYING Trinitarian , bring Bill Mounce Greek interlinear & your KJV here.
Type them side by side.

Emusan LIENUS
grin grin grin grin

This is KJV: "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God."

So where is the difference?

Now the lying liar can't bring Bill Mounce commentary here grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 7:36pm On Mar 13
Emusan:

How does this make sense to you?

Janosky 1st question to Emusan:
Emusan reply: How does this make sense to you?

But it makes sense to LYING Emusan to DISAGREE with Jesus Christ teaching at John 14:28. John 7:16 , Matthew 27:46 & revelation 3:12 that Jesus is NOT, NEVER equal his SENIOR, his God.

Ordinary human being dey force Jesus to lie.
John 14:28 & John 7:16& Revelation 3:12, Jesus Christ no GREE FOR ANY TRINITARIAN. grin grin

Emusan:

Angels don't have the same nature with God.

Olodo.

Emusan LYING Trinitarian grin grin grin

Emusan has the nature of his human father but he's LYING that angels can not have nature of God their father in the spirit realm. grin

"Flesh and blood nature of human beings can NOT inherit the kingdom of spirit beings in heaven.

Angels are spirits CREATED in the spirit form of God in heaven.

Trinitarians robbed by a man made SCAM.

grin grin grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 7:39pm On Mar 13
Emusan:

This is KJV: "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God."

So where is the difference?

Now the lying liar can't bring Bill Mounce commentary here.

Shame no GREE Emusan LYING Trinitarian to bring Phillipians 2:6 Bill Mounce to denounce his MUMU.

Emusan,if you get liver, bring Bill Mounce Greek interlinear here OR continue LYING.

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 7:44pm On Mar 13
Janosky:
Janosky 1st question to Emusan:
Emusan reply: How does this make sense to you?

Smile....

Anyway, Yes! I'm equal to my father by NATURE.

But it makes sense to LYING Emusan to DISAGREE with Jesus Christ teaching at John 14:28. John 7:16 , Matthew 27:46 & revelation 3:12 that Jesus is NOT, NEVER equal his SENIOR, his God.

I didn't disagree with Jesus rather you're the one who disagree with Jesus.

because Jesus through Paul told us in Phil 2:6 that He is equal to His father by NATURE.

Ordinary human being dey force Jesus to lie.
John 14:28 & John 7:16& Revelation 3:12, Jesus Christ no GREE FOR ANY TRINITARIAN. grin grin

That is the work of your father the Devil

Emusan LYING Trinitarian grin grin grin
"Flesh and blood nature of human beings can NOT inherit the kingdom of spirit beings in heaven.

Angels are spirits CREATED in the spirit form of God in heaven.

Trinitarians robbed by a man made SCAM.

grin grin

Again, Angel doesn't have the same Nature with God, the nature of God is what make Him ETERNAL and Uncreated, so to claim Angels and God have the same NATURE means Angels are also ETERNAL AND UNCREATED.

Human and animal don't have the same nature but stay together on earth.

Lastly, the fact that Jesus has the same NATURE with the Father proves that He is God and Equal to the Father.

How do I expect the lying liar jws to understand this simple fact? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 7:47pm On Mar 13
Janosky:
Shame no GREE Emusan LYING Trinitarian to bring Phillipians 2:6 Bill Mounce to denounce his MUMU.

Emusan,if you get liver, bring Bill Mounce Greek interlinear here OR continue LYING.

grin cheesy grin cheesy

How can someone be so daft like this?

You already provided Bill Mounce interlinear screenshot, so what is the point of providing it again?

Just proof me wrong that Bill Mounce you screenshot different from KJV I provided.

Olodo raba ta.

Now see how the lying liar jws silent about Bill Mounce commentary as if he didn't see me talking about it cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Lying liar jws like his father the Devil cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:24pm On Mar 13
Emusan:

Smile....

I didn't disagree with Jesus rather you're the one who disagree with Jesus.

because Jesus through Paul told us in Phil 2:6 that He is equal to His father by NATURE.

That is the work of your father the Devil

Again, Angel doesn't have the same Nature with God, the nature of God is what make Him ETERNAL and Uncreated, so to claim Angels and God have the same NATURE means Angels are also ETERNAL AND UNCREATED.

Human and animal don't have the same nature but stay together on earth.

Lastly, the fact that Jesus has the same NATURE with the Father proves that He is God and Equal to the Father.

How do I expect the lying liar jws to understand this simple fact? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

So far
See what three people on this thread have said concerning Jesus

1. Jesus is equal to God

2. Jesus is the father

3. Jesus is God

Amidst this confusion, they are pushing others to go for Bible study grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 10:03pm On Mar 13
Emusan:

Smile....

By NATURE ,Angels are equal to God (spirits like their their Father too).

Which pikin no dey get their Father nature?
Nature - the thing wey make you be like your Father. God is a spirit, His sons are spirits in heaven.

Smile.... cheesy

Emusan:

"I didn't disagree with Jesus rather you're the one who disagree with Jesus. He is equal to God".
Emusan LYING Trinitarian dey disgrace himself grin
Jesus said: "(God) the Father is greater than I", John 14:28.
"My God my God why have you forsaken me?"
Matthew 27:46.

Emusan:

" Although he being in the form of God ,he (Christ) did not think equality with God a thing to be grasped."
Phil 2:6 Bill Mounce Greek Interlinear bible.

John 14:28, will Jesus Christ grasp the thing he said does NOT exist?
Phil 2:6 Bill Mounce Greek interlinear Bible no GREE FOR ANY TRINITARIAN.
Bill Mounce proven his fellow Trinitarians are LIARS. grin

Emusan:

Your own Bible called angel God ,Hosea 4:12. Psalm 8:5.
But you know God is their Father & angels MUST have God's nature, just as Emusan has his Father's nature. grin
STOP LYING, this LYING Trinitarian grin

Emusan:

Human and animal don't have the same nature but stay together on earth

Emusan Very daft & over dull dim wit .
Ecclesiastes 3:19-20.
LYING Trinitarian
grin grin

Emusan:

LYING Trinitarian, please EDIT your John 14:28 in your own Bible.
grin grin grin grin

Emusan,Are you equal to the being you call your God?
Revelation 3:12 & John 14:12, said Jesus is NOT.
Revelation 3:12 & John 14:12 no dey Emusan Bible.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 10:19pm On Mar 13
Kobojunkie:
So Jesus Christ had a beginning and He is not ancient meaning Jesus Christ lied when He said He is the Eternal Life and the Truth of the Father, right? Jesus Christ's began when the World began and not before. lipsrsealed

You are adding the word "ETERNAL" to garnish your claim.

Jesus is the Truth the & the Life because it was GIVEN to Jesus, John 17:7.

Did Jesus expire at any time?

Abeg go &rest grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 10:20pm On Mar 13
Aemmyjah:

The world and Jesus, who was there?
Read that Proverbs again. This time with understanding

Eternal life is a prophetic title for Jesus by Isaiah which is yet to be fulfilled just as we have prince of peace, etc

Jesus himself said he's the beginning of God's creation

Revelation 3:12-14 no dey her Bible.
grin cheesy
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Steep: 12:11am On Mar 14
Aemmyjah:

Who exalted him according to the scriptures?
The father exalted him remember the Trinity comprises of the father Son and holy Spirit.

Is Jesus still humanity?
Jesus has two natures, one is his Godhood and the other is hid humanity. He remains so forever.

Remember the scriptures say that in future time, he'll hand over all authority to Jehovah so that he and all creation will remain under one sole rulership
you quoted that scripture out of context, that is 1 cor 15 which was talking of Jesus humanity.

Anytime Jesus is called a man it is referring to him in the context of his humanity.

Jesus is the second Adam and must reign as a man till he has destroy death.

1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Jesus was given power and authority of reign as a man till he has destroyed death after which this authority must be subject under the father and he humanity be made subject under the father.

It does does mean Jesus would no longer reign or be king it means his divinity would superced or override his humanity but however his humanity remains. At that time the door of grace and mercy would be shut forever.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:22am On Mar 14
Aemmyjah:

Who exalted him according to the scriptures?
Is Jesus still humanity?
Remember the scriptures say that in future time, he'll hand over all authority to Jehovah so that he and all creation will remain under one sole rulership

These people only enjoy arguing with Jehovah's Witnesses it makes them feel better but go to other threads and watch how they're insulting, accusing, abusing and cursing each other on the same subject yet when it comes to Jehovah's Witnesses they will team up just to support one another as if they believe the same thing! smiley
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:40am On Mar 14
Steep:
The father exalted him remember the Trinity comprises of the father Son and holy Spirit.

Jesus has two natures, one is his Godhood and the other is hid humanity. He remains so forever.

you quoted that scripture out of context, that is 1 cor 15 which was talking of Jesus humanity.

Anytime Jesus is called a man it is referring to him in the context of his humanity.

Jesus is the second Adam and must reign as a man till he has destroy death.

1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Jesus was given power and authority of reign as a man till he has destroyed death after which this authority must be subject under the father and he humanity be made subject under the father.

It does does mean Jesus would no longer reign or be king it means his divinity would superced or override his humanity but however his humanity remains. At that time the door of grace and mercy would be shut forever.

Jesus currently as one nature
He's a spirit ruling in heaven

Bible say that Jesus will handover all authority to God so there'll be only one sole authority

You say it was quoted out of context
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Steep: 4:00am On Mar 14
Aemmyjah:

Jesus currently as one nature
He's a spirit ruling in heaven

Bible say that Jesus will handover all authority to God so there'll be only one sole authority

You say it was quoted out of context
Jesus is not a spirt ruling in heaven, he is still a man.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:37am On Mar 14
Steep:
Jesus is not a spirt ruling in heaven, he is still a man.

Chai

God have mercy on us
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:55am On Mar 14
Aemmyjah:

Chai
God have mercy on us

Guy when Jesus said:

"In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you." John 14:2

And by the time his disciples witnessed him ascending upward in their presence he is still a man according to STEEP CHRISTIAN! cheesy
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 9:02am On Mar 14
Aemmyjah:

So far
See what three people on this thread have said concerning Jesus

1. Jesus is equal to God

2. Jesus is the father

3. Jesus is God

4. Jesus is Angel

Amidst this confusion, they are pushing others to go for Bible study grin grin grin

And you didn't add your own confusion

Well I did that for you cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 9:38am On Mar 14
Janosky:

By NATURE ,Angels are equal to God (spirits like their their Father too).

Which pikin no dey get their Father nature?
Nature - the thing wey make you be like your Father. God is a spirit, His sons are spirits in heaven.

Smile.... cheesy

Again, Angel don't have God's Nature.

For Angels to have God's Nature means they are ETERNAL AND UNCREATED.

I know you're too dull to grasp that.

Emusan LYING Trinitarian dey disgrace himself grin
Jesus said: "(God) the Father is greater than I", John 14:28.
"My God my God why have you forsaken me?"
Matthew 27:46.

The Husband is greater than the Wife yet both husband and wife are EQUAL by Nature.

" Although he being in the form of God ,he (Christ) did not think equality with God a thing to be grasped."
Phil 2:6 Bill Mounce Greek Interlinear bible.

Here is KJV [b]"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

So how does this difference from KJV I provided?

Like I said lack of simple comprehension is what is affecting you.

Again, where is Bill Mounce commentary on Phil 2:6?

Why are you afraid of providing Bill Mounce commentary here?

E get why cheesy grin cheesy

Lastly, Bill Mounce is the one who chaired the committee that translates NIV and this is how NIV puts the verse: "Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage"

You can see that you and Bill Mounce aren't on the same page but as usual you must cherry pick any Trinitarian work to suit your lie.

John 14:28, will Jesus Christ grasp the thing he said does NOT exist?
Phil 2:6 Bill Mounce Greek interlinear Bible no GREE FOR ANY TRINITARIAN.
Bill Mounce proven his fellow Trinitarians are LIARS. grin

You keep exposing your ignorance, the key is CENTRED on EQUALITY and the verse says Jesus is equal to the Father but didn't LOOK AT THE EQUALITY yet takes lower Himself.

Go school you no gree cheesy grin cheesy

Your own Bible called angel God ,Hosea 4:12. Psalm 8:5.
But you know God is their Father & angels MUST have God's nature, just as Emusan has his Father's nature. grin
STOP LYING, this LYING Trinitarian grin

Human are also called God but every Bible students know that human are not ETERNAL AND UNCREATED but this lying liar jws like his father the Devil must find a way to disregard God and bring Him down to the level of his father the Devil.

But you're a liar.

God is our Father doesn't mean have the same Nature as God.

Having the same nature as God means to have everything that makes God to be God.

And this is the point Phil 2:6 addressed that is why your beloved translation AMPC Bible put it this way: "Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped or retained"

Emusan Very daft & over dull dim wit .
Ecclesiastes 3:19-20.
LYING Trinitarian grin grin

This Olodo rabata doesn't even know the meaning of NATURE.

Even within Animals they don't have the same NATURE, well read 1 Corin 15:39 to cure your ignorance.

LYING Trinitarian, please EDIT your John 14:28 in your own Bible.
grin grin grin grin

I don't edit scripture WATCHTOWER is doing that for you.

Emusan,Are you equal to the being you call your God?

No! because I dont have the same NATURE as God But Jesus is Equal to God the Father according to Phil 2:6

Argue with your scripture and not me.

Revelation 3:12 & John 14:12, said Jesus is NOT.
Revelation 3:12 & John 14:12 no dey Emusan Bible cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

The frustration that Phil 2:6 has caused to your mental health can be deeply felt in this post.

See the way the lying liar like his father the Devil is jumping around like kangaroo and restless.

Phil 2:6 Jesus is equal to God you and your father the Devil can't change that.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 9:56am On Mar 14
Janosky:
You are adding the word "ETERNAL" to garnish your claim.

Jesus is the Truth the & the Life because it was GIVEN to Jesus, John 17:7.

Did Jesus expire at any time?

Abeg go &rest grin

This empty head doesn't even know that Jesus is that ETERNAL LIFE o ma se ooo

Well, what do you expect from the person that his father is the father of all lies? grin grin grin grin grin

This is how your Bill Mounce mentor put it: "MOUNCE - "this life was revealed, and we have seen it and are bearing witness and proclaiming to you THE ETERNAL LIFE that existed with the Father and was revealed to us" 1 John 1:2

This is one of the things that shows you people don't read your Bible except the lie watchtower sold to you.

Very pathetic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Jesus Healed Using Cannabis, Study Shows - Exodus 30, Verses 22 – 30 / Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. / It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.