Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? (3193 Views)

Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 10:32pm On Feb 14
Emusan:

Jesus was Yahweh in the Old Testament
So who is the father in John 14:28 in the picture below?

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 10:33pm On Feb 14
Michael547:

Verse 2 says the word was with God 'in the beginning' what does that mean?

The summary of verse 1&2 is this:

Verse 1: The Word existed before The BEGINNING and The Word Was God.

Verse2: The Word was ALSO PRESENT at the very BEGINNING with God.

Reason why verse 3 says "God made ALL THINGS through the Word. God did not make ANYTHING without him."

You don't need big dictionary to understand the point of Apostle John here.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 10:35pm On Feb 14
Michael547:

So who is the father in John 14:28 in the picture below?

You asked question about OT but you switch to New Testament, how come?

Well, the Father is also Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 8:32am On Feb 15
Emusan:

Reason why verse 3 says "God made ALL THINGS[/u] through the Word. God did not make ANYTHING[/u] without him."

Oga what was the 'very beginning' that verse 2 talks about? Are you implying that Almighty God had a beginning?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 8:37am On Feb 15
Emusan:

You asked question about OT but you switch to New Testament, how come?

Well, the Father is also Yahweh.
So the father who is also Yahweh is greater than himself right?😁😁😁
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:37pm On Feb 15
Emusan:

Reason why verse 3 says "God made ALL THINGS through the Word. God did not make ANYTHING without him."

Jesus was present with himself in the beginning?
Issorit
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 3:30pm On Feb 15
Aemmyjah:

Issorit
These people are very funny 😁😁...dem no fit explain verse 1 and 2 together to make sense with their idea.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 6:14pm On Feb 15
Michael547:

Oga what was the 'very beginning' that verse 2 talks about? Are you implying that Almighty God had a beginning?

So funny of you, both verse 1&2 are talking about THE BEGINNING.

Verse 1 established that Jesus WAS before THAT THE BEGINNING and verse 2 buttresses that JESUS WAS ALSO PRESENT AT THAT THE BEGINNING.

This is simple comprehension.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 6:16pm On Feb 15
Michael547:

Yahweh is A NAME even the verse you provided says "...whose NAME alone is Yahweh"

Do you and your father have the same SURNAME?

O ma se oooo

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 6:17pm On Feb 15
Aemmyjah:
Issorit

Olodo....

Can two people have the same NAME?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 6:18pm On Feb 15
Michael547:

This is the evidence that you people don't understand simple sentences.

Since you have the same surname with your father shows you and your father are the same person.

Very pathetic.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 6:28pm On Feb 15
Michael547:

These people are very funny 😁😁...dem no fit explain verse 1 and 2 together to make sense with their idea.

Verse 1&2 have been explained to you but you couldn't comprehend it.

You want to claim there are TWO BEGINNINGS.

Only a person with a low IQ will be thinking that there are TWO BEGINNINGS, beginning is beginning.

That is why verse 3 even put it that "ALL THINGS were created through Him. God did not make ANYTHING without him"

If God created Jesus FIRST then Gen 1:1 is wrong and also implies Jesus created Himself according to verse 3 since ALL THINGS are created through Him.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 6:58pm On Feb 15
Emusan:

So funny of you, both verse 1&2 are talking about THE BEGINNING.

Verse 1 established that Jesus WAS before THAT THE BEGINNING and verse 2 buttresses that JESUS WAS ALSO PRESENT AT THAT THE BEGINNING.

This is simple comprehension.
Oga verse two does not say that Jesus was present but that he was with God at that beginning.
So was Jesus not with God before 'that the beginning' that you explained in verse 1?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:19pm On Feb 15
Emusan:

Olodo....

Can two people have the same NAME?

Was Jesus with himself in the beginning?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 8:15pm On Feb 15
Aemmyjah:

Was Jesus with himself in the beginning?

He was with The Father!
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 8:27pm On Feb 15
Michael547:
Oga verse two does not say that Jesus was present but that he was with God at that beginning.

That is why I said lack of comprehension is what is playing out here.

Verse 1 established that Jesus was BEFORE THE BEGINNING.

So, when verse 2 says "The SAME was WITH GOD in THE BEGINNING" this should tell you that it's the same BEGINNING and not TWO BEGINNINGS. You can't have TWO BEGINNINGS in a system of THING.

Reason verse 3 complement both 1&2 by saying "ALL THINGS..." and God did not make ANYTHING without him."

The fact that you're even trying to establish TWO BEGINNING shows the level of your IQ.

So was Jesus not with God before 'that the beginning' that you explained in verse 1?

Verse one point is how Jesus was BEFORE THE BEGINNING. The person you first quoted even tried to explain this by quoting the verse for you.

Here it is again "The Word already was, way back before anything began to be. The Word and God were together. The Word was God."
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 8:58pm On Feb 15
Emusan:

That is why I said lack of comprehension is what is playing out here.

Verse 1 established that Jesus was BEFORE THE BEGINNING.

So, when verse 2 says "The SAME was WITH GOD in THE BEGINNING" this should tell you that it's the same BEGINNING and not TWO BEGINNINGS. You can't have TWO BEGINNINGS in a system of THING.

Reason verse 3 complement both 1&2 by saying "ALL THINGS..." and God did not make ANYTHING without him."

The fact that you're even trying to establish TWO BEGINNING shows the level of your IQ.

Verse one point is how Jesus was BEFORE THE BEGINNING. The person you first quoted even tried to explain this by quoting the verse for you.

Here it is again "The Word already was, way back before anything began to be. The Word and God were together. The Word was God."

Oga you too you have comprehension problem....
If you say verse 1 is telling us that Jesus existed before the 'beginning', and verse 2 is telling you that it was at that 'beginning' in verse 1 that Jesus was 'with God', does that not move your brain to ask why Jesus was not 'with God' before the 'beginning' in verse 1?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 9:23pm On Feb 15
Michael547:

Oga you too you have comprehension problem....

Check it very well.

If you say verse 1 is telling us that Jesus existed before the 'beginning', and verse 2 is telling you that it was at that 'beginning' in verse 1 that Jesus was 'with God', does that not move your brain to ask why Jesus was not 'with God' before the 'beginning' in verse 1?

You really mean you asked this question? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Didn't verse 1 establish that He was with God also?

Definitely, you just attested to my claim of the level of your IQ being low.

Here is verse one again: "The Word already was, way back before anything began to be. The Word and God were together. The Word was God."
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 9:34pm On Feb 15
Emusan:

Check it very well.

You really mean you asked this question? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Didn't verse 1 establish that He was with God also?

Definitely, you just attested to my claim of the level of your IQ.

Here is verse one again: "The Word already was, way back before anything began to be. The Word and God were together. The Word was God."
Yes verse 1 said that Jesus was with God.
But verse 2 clarifies that 'he was with God' in the beginning not before 'the beginning' according to you.
Therefore, what beginning was verse 2 referring to, if you say the beginning in verse 1 was the beginning or creation of the world?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 9:38pm On Feb 15
Michael547:

Yes verse 1 said that Jesus was with God.
But verse 2 clarifies that 'he was with God' in the beginning not before 'the beginning' according to you.
Therefore, what beginning was verse 2 referring to, if you say the beginning in verse 1 was the beginning or creation of the world?

Do you need hammer to knock it on your head?

The fact is THERE IS ONLY ONE BEGINNING.

So verse Two was talking about THE SAME BEGINNING.

Why is English so difficult for you to comprehend?

Verse 1 He was with God Before The Beginning
Verse 2 in The very Beginning He was still with God.

How is this simple English that a pupil shouldn't find hard to understand so difficult for you?

The fact that you're trying to establish TWO BEGINNINGS shows you don't know what you're doing.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 9:45pm On Feb 15
Emusan:

How is this simple English that a pupil shouldn't find hard to understand so difficult for you?

The fact that you're trying to establish TWO BEGINNINGS shows you don't know what you're doing.
Oga why are you twisting bible na....
Where does verse one say that it was before the beginning that Jesus was with God?
Did you just carry the word 'before' from the air and put in verse 1?, When verse 2 is actually telling you that the companionship happened not before But in the beginning. Oga twist bible small small oo.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 9:46pm On Feb 15
Emusan:

Nah so dem dey add Maggi and spice cheesy
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 9:47pm On Feb 15
Janosky:

No be small thing oo baba....😁😁😁😁
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 9:53pm On Feb 15
Michael547:
Oga why are you twisting bible na....

I'm not watchtower that twisted God's word.

Where does verse one say that it was before the beginning that Jesus was with God?

I quoted a translation, don't tell me you don't read my post.

Did you just carry the word before from the air and put in verse 1?,

Well, I'm not watchtower, watchtower is found of doing that.

I provided a translation even the person you're discussing with yesterday quoted this translation "Before the world began, the Word was there. The Word was with God, and the Word was God."

When verse 2 is actually telling you that the companionship happened not before But in the beginning. Oga twist bible small small oo.

The fact that you can't boldly say YES TWO BEGINNING can happen in a system of thing shows you're not to be taking serious.

Well, let me re-emphasize it again, YOU CANT HAVE TWO BEGINNINGS in a system of thing.

So both verse 1&2 are talking about the same BEGINNING.

God can't lie.
The FIRST THING TO BE CREATED IN THE BEGINNING is Heavens and the Earth. Gen 1:1.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 9:56pm On Feb 15
Janosky:

You know I'm not watchtower who uses to add SALT and PEPPER yet you people will rub it on your face cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 10:01pm On Feb 15
Emusan:

I provided a translation even the person you're discussing with yesterday quoted this translation "Before the world began, the Word was there. The Word was with God, and the Word was God."

The fact that you can't boldly say YES TWO BEGINNING can happen in a system of thing shows you're not to be taking serious.

Well, let me re-emphasize it again, YOU CANT HAVE TWO BEGINNINGS in a system of thing.

God can't lie.
The FIRST THING TO BE CREATED IN THE BEGINNING is Heavens and the Earth. Gen 1:1.
Ok oo....so where did you see the word before in verse 1 and 'still' in verse 2 as a continuation of the period of companionship being referred to in verse 1 which you used in your previous submission if you are not actually twisting the bible by adding words. What translation are you using by the way? Screenshot verse 2 please....
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 10:05pm On Feb 15
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 10:08pm On Feb 15
Michael547:

Ok oo....so where did you see the word 'still' in verse 2 as a continuation of the period of companionship being referred to in verse 1 which you used in your previous submission if you are not actually twisting the bible by adding words.

Definitely you don't have anything to offer on this.

Bible citation is different from explanation.

One with a very high IQ reading my post will know how I place the two.

What translation are you using by the way? Screenshot verse 2 please....

I used ESV.

you can check βœ…
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 10:10pm On Feb 15
Emusan:

God can't lie.
So if the beginning refers to the creation of the heavens and earth in⁷ genesis 1:1 when did John 1:2 tell you that Jesus was with God?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 10:12pm On Feb 15
Michael547:

So if the beginning refers to the creation of the heavens and earth in⁷ genesis 1:1 when did John 1:2 tell you that Jesus was with God?

I've answered this your question multiple times.

You can't have TWO BEGINNINGS in a system of thing.

FACT!!!
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 10:13pm On Feb 15
Emusan:

Definitely you don't have anything to offer on this.

Bible citation is different from explanation.

One with a very high IQ reading my post will know how I place the two.

I used ESV.

you can check βœ…
Oga you are obviously denying verse 2 that says that it was in the beginning that Jesus was actually with God not before the beginning. You are simply editing bible verses with your thought.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 10:16pm On Feb 15
Emusan:

I've answered this your question multiple times.

You can't have TWO BEGINNINGS in a system of thing.

FACT!!!
So if it was in the beginning of the creation that Jesus was with God as explained in verse 2, why was Jesus not with God before the creation of heaven and earth?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Where Do Dead Children Go? / TB Joshua Live Crusade In Peru {photo} / Questions For 5dmindset

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.