Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,636 members, 7,823,793 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? (3298 Views)

Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Westerhoffe(m): 6:50pm On Feb 18
Steep:
And even at that, it was a poetry not a literary writing, that guy does not no the difference, I smh

They can't that easily… being fed of the Devil makes them blind, deaf, and dumb when it comes to seeing, hearing, and speaking the truth.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Westerhoffe(m): 6:55pm On Feb 18
Aemmyjah:

Don't mind the attention seeker

Seeking attention is different from exposing deception.

Try to know the difference… OK?

Your doctrines are false.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Westerhoffe(m): 6:58pm On Feb 18
MaxInDHouse:

When we take our leave in their houses they used to think they have won arguments that's why i often push them to a place where they will commit the blunder and once they want to continue arguing further i will stop responding to them.

Today i went to the field and as the captain i'm so busy telling everyone where to work and also monitoring the groups then i got to a house where four women were complaining about how domineering and lazy most of their children has become when it comes to house chores. After a greeting they all attacked me saying they don't have the time for preaching so i waited a bit then i spoke Yorùbá to them and asked:
"can i also contribute in the discussion?"
They first felt reluctant to respond then one of them said i should speak so i asked them what each of them is expecting from the children they're training presently.
Come and see the fools all of them said they're expecting the children to buy them mansions and big vehicles.
So i asked:
"how would you treat such a person, like a house help or master of the house?"

Then they realized they're the problem and not their children.

Immediately i told them i'm leaving that's the time they wanted me to stay longer! smiley

But do you accept you blundered several times during our discussions?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:02pm On Feb 18
Aemmyjah:

It means God used him in the creation of other things. Jesus is the only begotten son of God. He is the only one created by God. Jesus himself said that God produced him as the beginning of his way

“The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.”
— Proverbs 8:22 (KJV)

This didn't say, "The LORD created me…" this is why we'll always never agree.

Below is the meaning of "possess"

possess
uk /pəˈzes/ us /pəˈzes/

Verb
possess (third-person singular simple present possesses, present participle possessing, simple past and past participle possessed)

(transitive)
To have (something) as, or as if as, an owner; to have, to own.
Synonym: inhold

Of an idea, thought, etc.: to dominate (someone's mind); to strongly influence.
Of a supernatural entity, especially one regarded as evil: to take control of (an animal or person's body or mind).

(also reflexive, chiefly literary and poetic) Of a person: to control or dominate (oneself or someone, or one's own or someone's heart, mind, etc.).
To dominate (a person)
(archaic)

To cause an idea, thought, etc., to strongly affect or influence (someone); to inspire, to preoccupy.

To occupy the attention or time of (someone).
(also literary) To obtain or seize (something); to gain, to win.
(also reflexive) Chiefly followed by of or with: to vest ownership of something in (oneself or someone); to bestow upon, to endow.

Synonym: seise

Antonyms: dispossess, unpossess
(law) To have control or possession of, but not to own (a chattel or an interest in land).
(obsolete)
To give (someone) information or knowledge; to acquaint, to inform.
To have the ability to use, or knowledge of (a language, a skill, etc.)
To inhabit or occupy (a place).

Chiefly followed by that: to convince or persuade (someone).
(intransitive)
To inhabit or occupy a place.
Conjugation

How does this rhyme with your explanation of JESUS CHRIST being created?

And the above does not relate to being "produced".
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 7:04pm On Feb 18
MaxInDHouse:
Who is the father of all inventors on planet earth?
If it's Adam then Adam invented everything we are seeing today apart from natural things.

See reasoning cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

That means Adam invented Watchtower

You will see changing mouth now grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Jesus was created by God that's what makes him the firstborn of all creations.

But ALL THINGS were created by Him(Jesus) and without Him(Jesus) NOT EVEN ONE thing was made

He(Jesus) was BEFORE all things.

FIRSTBORN = Supremacy

Jesus is supreme OVER ALL CREATION.

Reason your meaning of 'FIRSTBORN' always change when you apply it to "...FIRSTBORN from the dead"

But if you use the actual meaning of the term 'FIRSTBORN' you'll see how it perfectly fits in.

"Supreme over those who rise from dead"

He can't be exempted from those being born! smiley

You mean the rest of human and angel were also BORN shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 7:17pm On Feb 18
Westerhoffe:

possess
uk /pəˈzes/ us /pəˈzes/

Verb
possess (third-person singular simple present possesses, present participle possessing, simple past and past participle possessed)

(transitive)

Of a supernatural entity, especially one regarded as evil: to take control of (an animal or person's body or mind).

(also reflexive, chiefly literary and poetic) Of a person: to control or dominate (oneself or someone, or one's own or someone's heart, mind, etc.).
To dominate (a person)
(archaic)

To cause an idea, thought, etc., to strongly affect or influence (someone); to inspire, to preoccupy.

(also reflexive) Chiefly followed by of or with: to vest ownership of something in (oneself or someone); to bestow upon, to endow.

(law) To have control or possession of, but not to own (a chattel or an interest in land).
(obsolete)

(intransitive)
Conjugation

Don't fall for that Prov 8:22

Firstly, watchtower has claimed that verse is personification of WISDOM and not actually Christ.

Secondly, go further in that Prov 8 and see where the speaker speaks about God Himself was carrying out the act of creation by Himself without anybody doing. So, if the claim, God used Christ to create OTHER (the word never found in any Greek manuscript) things. Then why is Prov 8 describing God as the very one carrying out the works? You'll see how their mouth will change.

Lastly, Prov 8:15 says "By my power kings govern, and rulers make laws that are fair." do you agree with this? You'll see them blabbing because God says elsewhere in the scriptures these are the things do by Him.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:23pm On Feb 18
Emusan:

Firstly, watchtower has claimed that verse is personification of WISDOM and not actually Christ.

Secondly, go further in that Prov 8 and see where the speaker speaks about God Himself was carrying out the act of creation by Himself without anybody doing. So, if the claim, God used Christ to create OTHER (the word never found in any Greek manuscript) things. Then why is Prov 8 describing God as the very one carrying out the works? You'll see how their mouth will change.

Lastly, Prov 8:15 says "By my power kings govern, and rulers make laws that are fair." do you agree with this? You'll see them blabbing because God says elsewhere in the scriptures these are the things do by Him.

That's why they are doing all they can to avoid me now…
You know, when you scrutinize them, they blunder and reply off-point.
They'll lay claims to some words to savor their words and deny the same claims at other points when they need to bail out.

Ask Kobojunkie, MaxInDHouse, and now Aemmyjah why they're avoiding my questions now and stylishly saying they don't have my time.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:19pm On Feb 18
Westerhoffe:

But do you accept you blundered several times during our discussions?

OK thanks! smiley
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by johnw47: 10:52pm On Feb 18
Westerhoffe:

Seeking attention is different from exposing deception.

Try to know the difference… OK?

Your doctrines are false.

they repeat their lying cliche's all the time
whenever they type a post mostly it's to lie like the devil

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Westerhoffe(m): 4:50am On Feb 19
johnw47:

they repeat their lying cliche's all the time
whenever they type a post mostly it's to lie like the devil

And they shamelessly defend deception.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Westerhoffe(m): 4:51am On Feb 19
MaxInDHouse:

OK thanks! smiley

😐😑
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 2:18pm On Mar 08
Westerhoffe:

possess
uk /pəˈzes/ us /pəˈzes/

Verb

(transitive)

To dominate (a person)
(archaic)

(obsolete)

(intransitive)
Conjugation

Can we apply those verses to the father also?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 2:20pm On Mar 08
Emusan:

Cam we apply col 1:15 and Col 1:18 to the Father?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 2:43pm On Mar 08
Michael547:

Cam Can we apply col 1:15 and Col 1:18 to the Father?

Yes! But not in their entirety.

The Father is called "The Beginning" which verse 18 also called Jesus Christ.

Besides, verse 17 already proved you wrong that Jesus was actually BEFORE CREATION

"The Son was there before anything was made. And all things continue because of him." ERV

"He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together." NLT
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 2:45pm On Mar 08
Michael547:

The right question should be who is actually talking in Proverbs 8:22?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 2:46pm On Mar 08
Emusan:

The Father is called "The Beginning" which verse 18 also called Jesus Christ.

Besides, verse 17 already proved you wrong that Jesus was actually BEFORE CREATION

"The Son was there before anything was made. And all things continue because of him." ERV

For us not to imply those verses to the Father in its entirety means that your logic is flawed.
So why can't we apply those verses in its entirety to the Father? Is the Father and Son no longer the same?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 2:50pm On Mar 08
Michael547:

For us not to imply those verses to the Father in its entirety means that your logic is flawed.
So why can't we apply those verses in its entirety to the Father?

But you see where Jesus was called THE BEGINNING which the Father also called Himself. So can there be TWO BEGINNINGS? You already gave your answer as NO!

We can't apply it because the Father never became part of CREATION to redeem human.

and part those verses were talking about the redemption works of the Son.

Is the Father and Son no longer the same?

They are never the same, reason why I do say you people don't understand what you're arguing against.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Michael547(m): 3:06pm On Mar 08
Emusan:

But you see where Jesus was called THE BEGINNING which the Father also called Himself. So can there be TWO BEGINNINGS? You already gave your answer as NO!

We can't apply it because the Father never became part of CREATION to redeem human.

and part those verses were talking about the redemption works of the Son.

They are never the same, reason why I do say you people don't understand what you're arguing against.

So who is the father, and who is the son?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 3:10pm On Mar 08
Michael547:

So who is the father, and who is the son?

Before I answer your question, let me ask you this: What do you understand by the term Trinity?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:43pm On Mar 08
Emusan:

Before I answer your question, let me ask you this: What do you understand by the term Trinity?

See trouble!

Father and Son are inside the Bible but where is TRINITY written in the Bible? cheesy
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 3:47pm On Mar 08
MaxInDHouse:
See trouble!

Where is the trouble?

Father and Son are inside the Bible but where is TRINITY written in the Bible? cheesy

Trinity didn't appear in the Bible.

Do you have problem with that?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:53pm On Mar 08
MaxInDHouse:

See trouble!

grin cool

His church dogma
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by AutoConsult: 4:58pm On Mar 08
Michael547:

Violence is not the way my brother. Allow the sheeple breathe
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:41pm On Mar 08
Emusan:

Where is the trouble?
Trinity didn't appear in the Bible.
Do you have problem with that?

It's your problem because the commentator wants to talk about what is WRITTEN in the Bible but you're trying to use what is not found in the Bible to validate your beliefs! cheesy
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 10:16am On Mar 09
Emusan:

The Father is called "The Beginning" which verse 18 also called Jesus Christ. Besides, verse 17 already proved you wrong that Jesus was actually BEFORE CREATION

The FALSEHOOD in your head not in your own Bible

Emusan:

Trinitarians TWISTING holy scriptures. grin grin

Colossians 1:15 Jesus Christ "the first born of every creature"

Colossians 1 Verse 17 & Hebrew 1:2 "through him Jesus" (the agency, instrumentality), God MADE the universe".

You MUST be very dubious to study Colossians 1:15-17 & Hebrew 1:2 to make your FALSE claims about Jesus.

Paul the writer of Colossians 1:15-17 & Hebrew 1:2 did NOT do so.

1 Corinthians 8:6, Paul confirm Jesus Christ is not the creator.
1 Corinthians 8:6, Hebrew 1:2 & Colossians 1:15-17 , Paul confirm the truth.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 10:23am On Mar 09
Westerhoffe:

They can't that easily… being fed of the Devil makes them blind, deaf, and dumb when it comes to seeing, hearing, and speaking the truth.

Westerhoffe:

And they shamelessly defend deception.
Westerhoffe:

possess
uk /pəˈzes/ us /pəˈzes/

Verb

(transitive)

To dominate (a person)
(archaic)

(obsolete)

(intransitive)
Conjugation

Grown man LYING to himself on nairaland.
Westerhoffe, with screenshot evidence.
what is the meaning of Hebrew Qanah @Genesis 14:19,22 , Proverbs 8:22?

Oga, STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF.
Hebrew Qanah= CREATE, PRODUCE.

Trinity robbed your brain. grin grin grin grin

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 10:36am On Mar 09
MaxInDHouse:
It's your problem because the commentator wants to talk about what is WRITTEN in the Bible but you're trying to use what is not found in the Bible to validate your beliefs! cheesy

I think you're the one who first talked about trouble, so it should be your problem.

It's boldly written in the Bible that Jesus is God Almighty.

It's boldly written in the Bible that The Holy Spirit is a person and ETERNAL

It's boldly written in the Bible that The Father, The Son and The Holy spirit are one.

So, using the term TRINITY (which simply means THREE IN ONE isn't an issue just like Watchtower uses the term THEOCRACY not found in the Bible to explain GOD'S RULE.

So, check again where the problem lies.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 10:37am On Mar 09
Westerhoffe:

JWs have always avoided me after we engage… not new to me you also gave up.
You no know your own Bible.

Why would JW's spend valuable time on you when your ignorance has been exposed?

You TWISTED the meaning of Hebrew Qanah CREATE PRODUCE because you don't understand the holy scriptures.

English is not the original language of your Bible.

Understand the Hebrew meaning of your Bible word for word & discover the truth.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 10:46am On Mar 09
Janosky:

The FALSEHOOD in your head not in your own Bible

Trinitarians TWISTING holy scriptures. grin grin

Colossians 1:15 Jesus Christ "the first born of every creature"

Colossians 1 Verse 17 & Hebrew 1:2 "through him Jesus" (the agency, instrumentality), God MADE the universe".

You MUST be very dubious to study Colossians 1:15-17 & Hebrew 1:2 to make your FALSE claims about Jesus.

Paul the writer of Colossians 1:15-17 & Hebrew 1:2 did NOT do so.

1 Corinthians 8:6, Paul confirm Jesus Christ is not the creator.
1 Corinthians 8:6, Hebrew 1:2 & Colossians 1:15-17 , Paul confirm the truth.

The moment you pick your brain from your hall, let me know!
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:44pm On Mar 09
Emusan:

It's boldly written in the Bible that
Jesus is God Almighty.

Please no twisting this time around, can you quote the highlighted in any verse of the Bible? smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 1:29pm On Mar 09
MaxInDHouse:

Please no twisting this time around, can you quote the highlighted in any verse of the Bible? smiley

This means the other points are correct that's wonderful.

Well here you have it!

"Look! He(Jesus) comes with the clouds of heaven. And everyone will see him, even those who pierced him. And all the nations of the world will mourn for him. Yes! Amen! 'I am the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end,' [e] says the Lord God. “I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come the Almighty One.” - Rev 1:7-8
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:10pm On Mar 09
Emusan:

This means the other points are correct that's wonderful.

Well here you have it!

"Look! He(Jesus) comes with the clouds of heaven. And everyone will see him, even those who pierced him. And all the nations of the world will mourn for him. Yes! Amen! 'I am the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end,' [e] says the Lord God. “I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come the Almighty One.” - Rev 1:7-8

This is what i asked you to quote:

"Jesus is Almighty God"

The verse you quoted is controversial for instance this is what my own copy of the Bible says in that verse:

Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him. Yes, Amen. 

“I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,” says JEHOVAH God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty

So two different people spoke here not just one that's why i asked you to quote where the Bible directly said "Jesus is Almighty God" undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Where 2 Oceans Meet And Do Not Mix, Unbelivable Right? / ATTENTION: What Is Happening? Our Pastors Are Turning To Motivational Speakers. / Tell Her To Bring Her "Mad" Brothers Here For There's A Man Of God In Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.