Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? (23597 Views)

Nigeria Will Not Develop Anytime Soon / Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized / Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by kYjelly2: 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2018
mezarddinny:
this is disheartening, you think good roads is development? who compared lagos to dubai in the first place?

why do graduates run to lagos after nysc to look for job? why does lagos state have a better economy than many african countries? the wealth of uae is very much and they should be like that since they have a small population

bayelsa should be thriving greatly with all it's resources and small population, look at ekiti state, more population than bayelsa but they still beat them in some stats

I never argued against your point about Bayelsa, I too feel the pain of wasted opportunity for the state, but to put Lagos and Dubai in the same breadth, the same league, that can't just be overlooked.

You ask if I think good roads means development, bro, are you for real Lets have great dubai type roads all around Nigeria and see if our development index doesn't rocket up! Will you ask me next if having a great railway means development? or if having constant electricity means development?

Lagos is more developed than Bayelsa, YES! A big YES! However, on a world Level, Lagos is still a freaking SLUM like the rest of NIGERIA.

No false pretense, Lagos could have been like London now, the same way Bayelsa could have been like Lagos at least now, but most, if not all Politicians in Nigeria are corrupt.

In Lagos, you hardly even have common side walks that other countries take for granted, just in a few places like v.i, lekki. Lagos as busy as it is, should have side walks for all the numerous pedestrians like London or Newyork, but alas, they share the same road with cars and some would claim that Lagos is developed

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by LastSurvivor11: 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2018
rafindo:
passing the blame to Federal government as usually is the national anthem of ijaw people.
What anambra receive in five months is what bayelsa receive a month. They will shout resource control as if their is any country in the world that practice full federalism as if it is Houston that has the oil mining license.

They hid their inefficiency under the federal government.

I am from anambra state but I tell you you haven't been to any riverine area, the same amount that will build mansion in anambra will be used to sandfilling the road that will bring in sand in some parts ofor Niger delta.. amount of 5km road in south south will build 30km in anambra.. stop talking out of cheer likes or ignorance..

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Kunsky007: 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]
TroubleMaker47:
I love this! Southern Nigeria will only grow when, "WE STOP SEEING THE NORTH AS THE CAUSE OF OUR PROBLEMS!

TRUE TALK
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Ximonak: 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2018
Nimimerry:
Lies
Prove your point.
Do you even live in Yenegoa?
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Lucifer1419: 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
[quote author=Pekele007 post=72141432]
Develop your Engrish first bro.

E fit cause under development self. how much you don make with this English, even ur own self no correct, engrish instead of English
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by WorldRichest: 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
emmie14:
Misrule and marginalization . Don't ask or tell me about Jonathan. He was there for 4-5years against 58yrs

Is the cause not Buhari?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by mrjojo: 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
Do you know Bayelsa have just 8 LGAs?
Do you know Bayelsa is among state with lowest population in the country?
Do you know Bayelsa state monthly allocation is among the Top 3 in the country?.
Do you know Bayelsa is among the LEAST developed state in the country?..

I once visited Yenagoe, all I could do was SMH. It really a shame.

Nigeria couldn't and wouldn't develop via oil money, human capital is our best bet. Oil is going to be history and valueless in next 20years or less

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Bannylove13: 4:07pm On Oct 16, 2018
Glink2018:

He's correct.

Tell me who is not corrupt among the governors

They are corruption-personify

My man ..if no be those governor's as Dem corrupt reach..Bayelsa no for develop..as e be today
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by deebrownneymar: 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
I always wonder how come. With all their oil wealth. It must be highly spiritual.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by KenModi(m): 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2018
Pavarottii:
Who is this one again?... Av u been to bayelsa? And who told anyone is owing salaries? And which dustbin are u talking about. Or u just want to talk... There is about 4 states that are as developed as bayelsa.. just incase u don't know... Would they hold MBGN in bayelsa if it's dustbin, my dear from my local govt to yenagoa the capital... There is no single pothole.. clean road... Please don't say what u don't know.

Dickson is only owing 4months in 2016. Arrears... Asides that he pays salaries up to date... And I will say it a level 8 in bayelsa earns more than SW states level 8 except maybe Lagos... Am involved , so I know... They earn big in bayelsa.

So just having good roads and up-to-date salary is enough to account for the amount of heavy monthly allocation being recieved by an oil-producing state??

This underdevelopment mentality ennn!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by AnunuebeAgbawo7: 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
Pekele007:

Develop your Engrish first bro.

E fit cause under development self. undecided

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by AnunuebeAgbawo7: 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2018
kYjelly2:

I never argued against your point about Bayelsa, I too feel the pain of wasted opportunity for the state, but to put Lagos and Dubai in the same breadth, the same league, that can't just be overlooked.

You ask if I think good roads means development, bro, are you for real Lets have great dubai type roads all around Nigeria and see if our development index doesn't rocket up! Will you ask me next if having a great railway means development? or if having constant electricity means development?

Lagos is more developed than Bayelsa, YES! A big YES! However, on a world Level, Lagos is still a freaking SLUM like the rest of NIGERIA.

No false pretense, Lagos could have been like London now, the same way Bayelsa could have been like Lagos at least now, but most, if not all Politicians in Nigeria are corrupt.

In Lagos, you hardly even have common side walks that other countries take for granted, just in a few places like v.i, lekki. Lagos as busy as it is, should have side walks for all the numerous pedestrians like London or Newyork, but alas, they share the same road with cars and some would claim that Lagos is developed

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Sapeleboy911(m): 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
@op thank you very much for asking this question. I'm from Delta state. But I work here in Bayelsa state and I must confess Bayelsa is the least developed state in South- South. Given the vast presence of oil companies and huge allocation from the the federal government this state is still backward in all areas.
I believe their leaders are wicked and also the youths here are very LAZY. Imagine a full grown man with hands and legs begging. As a matter of fact begging is a big business here in BY. Begging and militancy among the youths here is like bread and butter.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Pavarottii(m): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2018
KenModi:

So just having good roads and up-to-date salary is enough to account for the amount of heavy monthly allocation being recieved by an oil-producing state??

This underdevelopment mentality ennn!!
Please tell us ur state.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by SocialJustice: 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2018
Binikingdowm:
All past bayelsa governors need to be shot or die by hanging including goodluck ebele Jonathan..

They have everything that could turn the state into heaven but no they did the opposite..

What is bayelsa lacking,is it money? Closeness to water? Please what.

It's one of the state taking it trillions of naira more than other state but it's still look like dustbin.

Borno that have no oil or sea can pay salaries while fighting a terrorist group but bayelsa that once produced a president and have everything can't pay salaries..

It's quite disturbing
If you're given the state, you'll also achieve nothing. Stop blaming the governors, understand how power brokering works and what Bayelsans actually crave for.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by pafra(m): 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2018
horsepower101:
NO PICTURES of bayelsa? And yet people are actually arguing. At least with pictures we can get a better idea.

Which picture are you asking of? each time i visit the state i always feel like weeping. apart from the state capital that has one road in and out, no other local government is anything to write about.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Pavarottii(m): 4:30pm On Oct 16, 2018
mrjojo:
Do you know Bayelsa have just 8 LGAs?
Do you know Bayelsa is among state with lowest population in the country?
Do you know Bayelsa state monthly allocation is among the Top 3 in the country?.
Do you know Bayelsa is among the LEAST developed state in the country?..

I once visited Yenagoe, all I could do was SMH. It really a shame.

Nigeria couldn't and wouldn't develop via oil money, human capital is our best bet. Oil is going to history and valueless in 20years or less
My dear that state was created in 1996, it's water logged... And we are in d first 3... I know the state is backward... But we av also made some steps forward. It's growing.. give it time... We av roads now and education now, am sure ur state no reach bayelsa now.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by horsepower101: 4:33pm On Oct 16, 2018
pafra:

Which picture are you asking of? each time i visit the state i always feel like weeping. apart from the state capital that has one road in and out, no other local government is anything to write about.

But for people like me that have never been there, pictures would have done justice. I suspect a lot of people arguing here don’t even know how bayelsa looks like.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by ruggedtimi(m): 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2018
stealing politicians..and jonzing Bayelsans that praise a politician when they see one in a big jeep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by sunnyajaks: 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2018
it is Buhari fault........�
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by pafra(m): 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2018
horsepower101:

But for people like me that have never been there, pictures would have done justice. I suspect a lot of people arguing here don’t even know how bayelsa looks like.

every body here can not be arguing in the same part if it is not true. put on your imagination as you read and learn then creat a picture from what you read.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by HarryDuce(m): 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2018
rexwalters:
Spot on,True Talk like MTN. I believe that was why President Buhari said the Youths of Nigeria are innovately lazy,ordinary petrol chemical industry jointly or severally the whole Niger Delta States Bayelsa,Rivers,Akwa Ibom,Cross River,Edo & Delta State can't build with their comparative advantage? Shameless specimen of the black race,if oyibo man comes to build it,tomorrow they will drive the white people and say it is their oil.
Lol. Isn't it the same oil money that is shared across the 36 states? What has other states got to show for the monthly allocation? What is stopping other states from sourcing for revenue from resources that are as relevant as crude oil? Is it laziness? I forgot, the Niger Deltans are the lazy ones. The rest of Nigeria work hard and pay their taxes. Responsible citizens.

This is the mentality of the country as a whole. Everyone is reliant on oil money. Oil has been flowing since the 50's. No one cared about Niger Delta then. It didn't start in 1996.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by ruggedtimi(m): 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
Pavarottii:

My dear that state was created in 1996, it's water logged... And we are in d first 3... I know the state is backward... But we av also made some steps forward. It's growing.. give it time... We av roads now and education now, am sure ur state no reach bayelsa now.
bro...chai so when was akwa ibom created 1970s? Omo we are very backward. Which education dey bayelsa?? my guy dont be decieved. Bayelsa is a local govt in rivers state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Pavarottii(m): 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
ruggedtimi:
bro...chai so when was akwa ibom created 1970s? Omo we are very backward. Which education dey bayelsa?? my guy dont be decieved. Bayelsa is a local govt in rivers state.
Please tell us ur state nau... Please tell me anywhere else that is developed apart from PH in rivers state. But bayelsa development cuts across.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
I would have gladly replied d Op...But guys dis acct is a new acct dat was registerd on 5th of dis month #if u knw , u knw# ��
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by bujebudanu1(m): 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
wink2015:

IF NIGERIA IS RESTRUCTURED IN WHICH STATES ARE FREE TO CONTROL THEIR RESOURCES IN THEIR DOMAIN THEN WITH GOOD GOVERNANCE, VISIONARY LEADERSHIP THAT IS DEVOID OF MASSIVE CORRUPTION.

THEN THINGS WILL START TAKING SHAPE FOR THE BETTER IN MOST OF THIS UNDER DEVELOPED NIGERIAN STATES THAT IS MINERAL-RICH.

Bayelsa state is endowed with beautiful marine coastline, atlantic ocean so to speak, good fishing coastal waters, crude oil, ( oil and gas )

If developed Bayelsa state can developed wealth through the following:

Marine tourism

Fishing Industries,

RICH SOUTHERN STATES MUST CONTINUE TO PRESS FOR GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT IN THEIR COMMUNITIES FROM THEIR POLITICAL LEADERS BOTH AT THE STATE LEVEL AND THE FEDERAL LEVEL.

It is quite unfortunate that most oil producing communities lack access to clean drinking water, access bridge and roads to their riverine communities.

Yet the bulk of the money gotten from crude oil exports is being shared as federal allocation to other states that are just LAZY and do not want to think out of the box.

Which state is lazy?
Having little or untaped mineral resources doesn't term a state lazy

Bayelsans that are not lazy should be living in paradise in bayelsa

Why is the case different.

Ogun doesn't have oil but it's developing
Rivers with oil is developing
Kano with no oil is developing

Why is bayelsa with so much oil different.

At least bayelsa should be like Lagos if the entire state citizen start to think outside the box and not wait for
Free money from government
Free money from nddc
Free money from the oil companies there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by ruggedtimi(m): 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
Pavarottii:

Please tell us ur state nau... Please tell me anywhere else that is developed apart from PH in rivers state. But bayelsa development cuts across.
i am from bayelsa state bro, have you been to bonny island, onne area is like yenagoa. Bro i dey para for bayelsa. Yenagoa and amassoma suppose soft scatter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by mrjojo: 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
Pavarottii:

Bros, go to Google and search for "Dubai in 1996" or Malaysia. A state created 22years ago with the amount of allocation she receives with just "roads" and "education".

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by deomelo: 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
tegrianonigltd:
is Lagos self developed the way it should be

The topic is Bayelsa, not Lagos State.

Lagosians are not collecting and spending Bayelsa's IGR and allocations.

Sometimes it's OK to keep quiet because it's not by force to comment and spew ignorant and unintelligent rubbish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Binikingdowm: 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2018
Xter92cy:
I would have gladly replied d Op...But guys dis acct is a new acct dat was registerd on 5th of dis month #if u knw , u knw# ��
and so?
I've been on nairaland since 2013,do you know how many accts I've and have been banned or deleted?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by emmie14: 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2018
WorldRichest:

Is the cause not Buhari?
A man with active senses will not ask useless question because Buhari as dictator and democratic head is not upto 5yrs.... Usu.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2018
Is it the failed BrassLNG project or the NDDC scholarship scheme that make ambitious indigenes of the state a laughing piece abroad. The reason this will continue is many of you will still celebrate the so called leaders the state and Nigerians claim to have. It took Singapore less than 50 years, it took Dubai about 25 years, same with Rwanda and South Africa. 1999 was our year of redemption. It was obvious to Every Nigerian it was time to move forward after the death of Abacha. But we failed to make a good constitution and no forward looking leader was available. The 1999 constitution is what has made politics a venture of corruption and business for many. We failed to see that Mandela was in prison for the liberation of the people, why was Obasanjo in prison? We didn’t ask these questions and thought he was our Mandela. I am sorry but it will take another half a decade for things to change in this country.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Adesina: Nigeria Needs A Leader With Iron And Steel / Profile Of Hussaini Rabiu, The New Commissioner Of Police In Imo / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.