Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,671 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? (23602 Views)

Nigeria Will Not Develop Anytime Soon / Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized / Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
Binikingdowm:
All past bayelsa governors need to be shot or die by hanging including goodluck ebele Jonathan..

They have everything that could turn the state into heaven but no they did the opposite..

What is bayelsa lacking,is it money? Closeness to water? Please what.

It's one of the state taking it trillions of naira more than other state but it's still look like dustbin.

Borno that have no oil or sea can pay salaries while fighting a terrorist group but bayelsa that once produced a president and have everything can't pay salaries..

It's quite disturbing

Lack of resource control is the reason.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by asksteve(m): 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
Bannylove13:
kissBayelsa has been underdeveloped by the federal government since the creation of the state..
Anyone of you even visited bayels during the military regime..If yes help me educate the rest..

Alamasieya was the first governor that opened up bayelsa state for development..infact the first major roadbin Bayelsa was built by him..

Thanks military and the north deliberately shut that state prior to democracy while looting their resources ..

Alams come ND open dia eyes to development..
Today there are alot of infrastructural development..by the successive government.

Let's be honest with our selves about the Niger Delta.
The federal drill there oil through agip sapien lng and with giving Dem any infrastructures

One question..
Can anyone mention one federal government public infrastructural development apart from companies and lng in bayelsa pre 99..

Talk they say is cheap.
My bro God bless you for your effort at exposing the conspiracy against Bayelsa and Bayelsans.
Accusing Bayelsans alone for the under development of Bayelsa is absurd and easy when u haven't looked at the bigger picture.

Firstly, Bayelsa was created against the will of the power brokers so to ensure they stalemate its growth, they told us Bayelsa is a small state and created only eight local govts. such that their monthly allocation plus their 13% derivation that is never 13% places them just a little above other states without 13%, when in actual fact each local government in Bayelsa is about two or three of some other states.

Alamieyeseigha by Gods' grace became it 1st civilian governor and those outside Bayelsa along with their stalwarts in Bayelsa labelled him a thief but up till date almost all government infrastructure you see was done by Alamieyeseigha. Other Gov. after. Alamieyeseigha are simply errand boys of the powers that be and nobody called them thieves or gave them the Alamieyeseigha treatment.

As for Federal government presence, you only see it in the armed forces and paramilitary else there is not a single Federal infrastructure except rehabilitation not construction of roads to score cheap political points, like the Otuoeke road rehabilitation. Is there any state in Nigeria without a viable Federal presence except Bayelsa?
I guess not.

Bayelsas' problems emanates from the quest of Abuja along with our local champions (Politicians, Thiefs, etc.) wanting to enrich themselves at the detriment of the states' infrastructural development.

Tnx.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Codes151(m): 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2018
Keep quiet!! Mumu!!

Akwa Ibom state with all the oil why is it not like Dubai?

When nigeria takes all our resources to Lagos and Abuja!!

Our oil company is filled with yorubas

Recruitment is done in Lagos!!

Now refinery is taken to Lagos!!

To empower more lagosian on our oil’!!!

No worry!!

When time reach everything go burn

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by donkingzton01(m): 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2018
Blame the lifeless one, he is the cause of all our problems finish.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Hotfreezer: 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2018
On this same Nairaland, there are people selling contracts by NDDC for Bayelsa state.

NDDC gives contract to a Bayelsa indigene, he comes online to sell it to someone who would pay but not execute. The buyer settles initial contractor, settles the community, settles the NDDC staff to inspect and collects his money from NDDC without doing anything.

That's the story of Bayelsa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Nimimerry(m): 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ximonak:

Prove your point.

Do you even live in Yenegoa?
Of course I do stay in yenagoa... Coming to nairaland to say things you know nothing of is bad..pls stop it.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Patrotism: 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2018
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BLAME PMB. HE IS FROM BAYELSA AND HAVE BEEN A GOVERNOR OF BAYELSA.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Benwallt(m): 5:45pm On Oct 16, 2018
Question for formal president- Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Kento4ken: 5:46pm On Oct 16, 2018
Were I stay in Bayelsa is London..
Proudly NEMBE CITY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Bannylove13: 5:49pm On Oct 16, 2018
asksteve:

Talk they say is cheap.
My bro God bless you for your effort at exposing the conspiracy against Bayelsa and Bayelsans.
Accusing Bayelsans alone for the under development of Bayelsa is absurd and easy when u haven't looked at the bigger picture.

Firstly, Bayelsa was created against the will of the power brokers so to ensure they stalemate its growth, they told us Bayelsa is a small state and created only eight local govts. such that their monthly allocation plus their 13% derivation that is never 13% places them just a little above other states without 13%, when in actual fact each local government in Bayelsa is about two or three of some other states.

Alamieyeseigha by Gods' grace became it 1st civilian governor and those outside Bayelsa along with their stalwarts in Bayelsa labelled him a thief but up till date almost all government infrastructure you see was done by Alamieyeseigha. Other Gov. after. Alamieyeseigha are simply errand boys of the powers that be and nobody called them thieves or gave them the Alamieyeseigha treatment.

As for Federal government presence, you only see it in the armed forces and paramilitary else there is not a single Federal infrastructure except rehabilitation not construction of roads to score cheap political points, like the Otuoeke road rehabilitation. Is there any state in Nigeria without a viable Federal presence except Bayelsa?
I guess not.

Bayelsas' problems emanates from the quest of Abuja along with our local champions (Politicians, Thiefs, etc.) wanting to enrich themselves at the detriment of the states' infrastructural development.

Tnx.

I understand bayelsA and the federal politics..

My pain is that the people don't want to open their eyes to the federal politics that have slowed them..
And when one wants to talk to them..they see it from a different view.

Our swamp our pride was a program initiated by some of us to enlighten and draw the government and elites that..is enough.. this was meant to take place during Jonathan's era as president..but the saw it as attack against our man.

But some peeps grounded the movement..even before it fly..

Jonathan did his very best for bayelsa still tomorrow..but the won't understand...he know the problems of the state and understand it's a fight against Goliath which he can't win ..giving limited time..
So he went for human capital development..and that's what bayelsa actually need.. have plenty scholarships and support amesty?
This encourage the youths to travel..see things and become more aware of their environment.

This this government scuttle it..but atbest alot benefitted from it.
I believe someday the youths and majority will wake and actually hold the federal government responsible..

Till then..
The north and some westerners will keep balling on their head.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by SarkinYarki: 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ok so Lagos is developed ? grin grin do you know the meaning of development at all
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Hotfreezer: 5:57pm On Oct 16, 2018
asksteve:

Talk they say is cheap.

I guess not.

Tnx.

No single FG presence apart from military and paramilitary abi? Nigerian Law School wey dey there, na Local Government put an there, abi?

See you. If Bayelsans don't own up to their problems and take effective steps to solve it, our children would be having this same conversation decades from now as Bayelsa is not developing anytime soon.

The problems of Bayelsa can only be solved by Bayelsans. Unfortunately, Bayelsans don't yet know that they have a problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Hotfreezer: 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2018
Codes151:
Keep quiet!! Mumu!!

Akwa Ibom state with all the oil why is it not like Dubai?

When nigeria takes all our resources to Lagos and Abuja!!

Our oil company is filled with yorubas

Recruitment is done in Lagos!!

Now refinery is taken to Lagos!!

To empower more lagosian on our oil’!!!

No worry!!

When time reach everything go burn

See the problem, this one is already blaming Hausas and Yorubas for underdevelopment of Bayelsa.

He doesn't have a single intelligent solution but just blame for outsiders.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by mechanics(m): 6:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
Imagine o, I was surprised that the state government is owing civil servants their salaries, upon the 13% oil derivation they get from FG, nothing to show for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
deomelo:

The topic is Bayelsa, not Lagos State.

Lagosians are not collecting and spending Bayelsa's IGR and allocations.

Sometimes it's OK to keep quiet because it's not by force to comment and spew ignorant and unintelligent rubbish.

Over sabi naim Dey do you, I too know. Taking panadol for another man headache na wa ooh
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by soulpiano23(m): 6:35pm On Oct 16, 2018
Bayelsa has infrastructure? May God forgive you!
I see you as my fellow Nigerian that is the reason I am been careful spitting fire on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 16, 2018
Bayelsa state is a civil service state,any youth still living in that state is wasting he's time except you receive alms from the amnesty program

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Sleekfingers: 6:47pm On Oct 16, 2018
Bannylove13:
kissBayelsa has been underdeveloped by the federal government since the creation of the state..
Anyone of you even visited bayels during the military regime..If yes help me educate the rest..

Alamasieya was the first governor that opened up bayelsa state for development..infact the first major roadbin Bayelsa was built by him..

Thanks military and the north deliberately shut that state prior to democracy while looting their resources ..

Alams come ND open dia eyes to development..
Today there are alot of infrastructural development..by the successive government.

Let's be honest with our selves about the Niger Delta.
The federal drill there oil through agip sapien lng and with giving Dem any infrastructures

One question..
Can anyone mention one federal government public infrastructural development apart from companies and lng in bayelsa pre 99..

They should be waiting for federal government to come and develop their state for them...stupid people....

They have governor collecting allocations up and down....

What is the population of bayelsa? How big is that bloody state?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Sleekfingers: 6:54pm On Oct 16, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Ok so Lagos is developed ? grin grin do you know the meaning of development at all

Lagos is developed comparing it to these useless states......bayelsa, ebonyi, kogi, Niger, abia, delta, ekiti, benue,kebbi, nasarawa, jigawa,
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Banmeallday: 6:56pm On Oct 16, 2018
The OP did you even think or research anything before you out of anger posted? If you did you would know why Bayelsa is the way it is.

Anyway look at the below pictures to get an idea as to why Bayelsa is the way it is and how it still will be for the next 4 years when your foolish people are planning to vote...

LOL....fools

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Bannylove13: 7:00pm On Oct 16, 2018
So many ignorant post
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by musicwriter(m): 7:01pm On Oct 16, 2018
maestroferdi:
Sponsored thread

Over the past few months I noticed this forum is running some covert adverts to prey on emotion of Southern Nigeria, and people don't know. This's why I have decided not to comment on politics unless I am sure the real purpose of the thread.

It would be difficult to convince people that this thread is all about why you have to vote for baba.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by bigcasava1(m): 7:31pm On Oct 16, 2018
marine forces have captured all their leader. sexually perverted mind leaders, very corupt people nd wicked nd unfriendly.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Pavarottii(m): 8:43pm On Oct 16, 2018
mrjojo:
Bros, go to Google and search for "Dubai in 1996" or Malaysia. A state created 22years ago with the amount of allocation she receives with just "roads" and "education".
Wen u people keep voting people like buhari u expect us to be like Dubai?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Pavarottii(m): 8:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
ruggedtimi:
i am from bayelsa state bro, have you been to bonny island, onne area is like yenagoa. Bro i dey para for bayelsa. Yenagoa and amassoma suppose soft scatter.
Bonny na today? And it was not done by ing.. and the Bonny is only finima... Other places na still village .
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by ruggedtimi(m): 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2018
Pavarottii:

Bonny na today? And it was not done by ing.. and the Bonny is only finima... Other places na still village .
na okrika mainland dey also develop..guy yenagoa na shit accept the fact
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Dmec(m): 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2018
Binikingdowm:
All past bayelsa governors need to be shot or die by hanging including goodluck ebele Jonathan..

They have everything that could turn the state into heaven but no they did the opposite..

What is bayelsa lacking,is it money? Closeness to water? Please what.

It's one of the state taking it trillions of naira more than other state but it's still look like dustbin.

Borno that have no oil or sea can pay salaries while fighting a terrorist group but bayelsa that once produced a president and have everything can't pay salaries..

It's quite disturbing
We know where you are heading to.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by deomelo: 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2018
tegrianonigltd:

Over sabi naim Dey do you, I too know. Taking panadol for another man headache na wa ooh

Are you not the same ignorant joker comparing Lagos, a state in Nigeria with UAE, a sovereign country with sovereign wealth in the middle?

Is Lagos your headache and panadol in a thread about Bayelsa?

It'snot by force to keep forcing us to notice your and inability to stay focus and formulate intelligent thoughts.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by nkemjacob2(m): 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2018
D bayalsa are the problem of themselves
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Oponel1962: 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2018
And you want to go back to LOOTERS?
Think twice!!!
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Besto(m): 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2018
ruggedtimi:
i am from bayelsa state bro, have you been to bonny island, onne area is like yenagoa. Bro i dey para for bayelsa. Yenagoa and amassoma suppose soft scatter.

Wetin amassoma get wey them suppose soft.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by mrjojo: 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
Pavarottii:

Wen u people keep voting people like buhari u expect us to be like Dubai?
you people? Buhari has only been the president for 3years plus.You people should hold your governors, house of assembly, local government chairmen accountable. Because even when Goodluck Jonathan was president, no tangible development/project was recorded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Mega Party Promoters Woo Tambuwal, Obiano, Badaru, Others / Police Arrest Fake Soldier, Supplier Of Military Uniforms / Why FG Released 101 `Boko Haram’ Suspects From Kirikiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.