Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:16 PM

Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? (23786 Views)

Nigeria Will Not Develop Anytime Soon / Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized / Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
ebucha:
Is Lagos developed?
Yes of course
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by deomelo: 10:55pm On Oct 16, 2018
Like many states in Nigeria, Bayelsa is a sad product of bad, incompetent and visionless leadership.

Bayelsa with less than 2 million people is one of the richest states in Nigeria, they collect IGR, huge allocations, and 13% Derivation, but there's nothing worthwhile on the ground to show for anything.

GEJ as the governor of Bayelsa didn't build 1 single classroom, not even a dog cage.

Look at Ben Bruce, the senator they sent to Abuja to look out for them, he's one spends his days and night on twitter rambling about issues with zero substance about Bayelsa.

I don't think their leaders in that part of the country have well-defined thoughts per their responsibilities and obligations as public officials.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by aluku5: 12:13am On Oct 17, 2018
Bannylove13:
kissBayelsa has been underdeveloped by the federal government since the creation of the state..
Anyone of you even visited bayels during the military regime..If yes help me educate the rest..

Alamasieya was the first governor that opened up bayelsa state for development..infact the first major roadbin Bayelsa was built by him..

Thanks military and the north deliberately shut that state prior to democracy while looting their resources ..

Alams come ND open dia eyes to development..
Today there are alot of infrastructural development..by the successive government.

Let's be honest with our selves about the Niger Delta.
The federal drill there oil through agip sapien lng and with giving Dem any infrastructures

One question..
Can anyone mention one federal government public infrastructural development apart from companies and lng in bayelsa pre 99..

what are you saying, with the kind of money that goes in to bayelsa, if not mismanagement, thieving and the rest, bayelsa would have been better off. Bayelsa no just follow among states in Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:16am On Oct 17, 2018
deomelo:

Are you not the same ignorant joker comparing Lagos, a state in Nigeria with UAE, a sovereign country with sovereign wealth in the middle?

Is Lagos your headache and panadol in a thread about Bayelsa?

It'snot by force to keep forcing us to notice your and inability to stay focus and formulate intelligent thoughts.

I am not here for anyone to notice me, I am living my best life at the moment and working way up top, you don’t know me, so sometimes judge less not everyone on here is here to be noticed, some came to have fun. So have fun, not putting your frustration on people. I didn’t insult anyone, I just mentioned the under development of Lagos with its gdp and status. Go ijora badia, go alaba, go ajah, even the so called lekki, local. Number 1 is to make a city clean, no Governor have been able to do that, build bins every pole, if Tinubu had done that, the people would have gotten used to it. They failed woefully, no single big name store in nigeria, bo Gucci, no vesace, no Valentino Stores etc, Lagos is underdeveloped,your ikoyi bridge is free pass on Mexico, joburg and co, and have been there for years, I am not sure Cyprus is making half of Lagos, but when you get to Nicosia, you see how neat and cozy a city should be. Lagos should be rubbing shoulders with Sandton, Cairo, joburg, Queretaro in Mexico etc, I am not even mentioning Europe. What is not good, Condemn..stop the insult. One reason Nigeria need to separate, we hate on ourselves. If you have traveled before, then you would know Lagos is smelling. No fresh breath.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Nasir123(m): 12:38am On Oct 17, 2018
TroubleMaker47:
I love this! Southern Nigeria will only grow when, "WE STOP SEEING THE NORTH AS THE CAUSE OF OUR PROBLEMS!

Absolutely!
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by blujoi(m): 1:02am On Oct 17, 2018
I agree that Lagos is smelling and is not as developed as it should be. But Bayelsa is rotten and decomposing. In contrast to Lagos, visible steps are being taken to bring the city to par with where it should be, can the same be said of Bayelsa state?

tegrianonigltd:

I am not here for anyone to notice me, I am living my best life at the moment and working way up top, you don’t know me, so sometimes judge less not everyone on here is here to be noticed, some came to have fun. So have fun, not putting your frustration on people. I didn’t insult anyone, I just mentioned the under development of Lagos with its gdp and status. Go ijora badia, go alaba, go ajah, even the so called lekki, local. Number 1 is to make a city clean, no Governor have been able to do that, build bins every pole, if Tinubu had done that, the people would have gotten used to it. They failed woefully, no single big name store in nigeria, bo Gucci, no vesace, no Valentino Stores etc, Lagos is underdeveloped,your ikoyi bridge is free pass on Mexico, joburg and co, and have been there for years, I am not sure Cyprus is making half of Lagos, but when you get to Nicosia, you see how neat and cozy a city should be. Lagos should be rubbing shoulders with Sandton, Cairo, joburg, Queretaro in Mexico etc, I am not even mentioning Europe. What is not good, Condemn..stop the insult. One reason Nigeria need to separate, we hate on ourselves. If you have traveled before, then you would know Lagos is smelling. No fresh breath.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Pavarottii(m): 2:18am On Oct 17, 2018
mrjojo:
you people? Buhari has only been the president for 3years plus.You people should hold your governors, house of assembly, local government chairmen accountable. Because even when Goodluck Jonathan was president, no tangible development/project was recorded.
Good luck as president was masterclass... Lets not even go there. If he had another 4years u think we will be here?
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by mrjojo: 2:52am On Oct 17, 2018
Pavarottii:

Good luck as president was masterclass... Lets not even go there. If he had another 4years u think we will be here?
Master Class you said? Please how exactly ?? I will really Love to know
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Codes151(m): 8:20am On Oct 17, 2018
Hotfreezer:

See the problem, this one is already blaming Hausas and Yorubas for underdevelopment of Bayelsa.

He doesn't have a single intelligent solution but just blame for outsiders.
am not!!! Yes, the yorubas and Igbos have messed everything up with rubbish! Why do you find out what’s really going on!

People that were sacked recently that were blocking roads ask what was the resolve? The terms those men were given after 3months or more of standing and sleeping in that peaceful protest...

A white expat said, a black man is a black mans problem!

The laws and greed of these daft leaders are ruining us

Investigate more You’d see
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 17, 2018
ebucha:
Is Lagos developed?
Lagos has more infrastructures than Bayelsa
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Hotfreezer: 8:25am On Oct 17, 2018
Codes151:
am not!!! Yes, the yorubas and Igbos have messed everything up with rubbish! Why do you find out what’s really going on!

People that were sacked recently that were blocking roads ask what was the resolve? The terms those men were given after 3months or more of standing and sleeping in that peaceful protest...

A white expat said, a black man is a black mans problem!

The laws and greed of these daft leaders are ruining us

Investigate more You’d see

Lol. Do you actually understand what we're talking about here?

Bayelsa with its few workforce and few population is owing salaries and unable to execute projects.

Bayelsa has a population that is not up to Alimosho Local Government alone and it is the top 3 earning state in Nigeria. Yet, the government of Bayelsa has failed to develop the state and you're yarning off point.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Hotfreezer: 8:26am On Oct 17, 2018
asuustrike1:

Lagos has more infrastructures than Bayelsa

Ikeja alone has more infrastructure than the entire Bayelsa can get between now and 10 years from now
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Validated: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2018
Please, allow Bayelsa control her resources just like Dubai does and see the difference

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by pafra(m): 8:41am On Oct 17, 2018
Bannylove13:

I understand bayelsA and the federal politics..

My pain is that the people don't want to open their eyes to the federal politics that have slowed them..
And when one wants to talk to them..they see it from a different view.

Our swamp our pride was a program initiated by some of us to enlighten and draw the government and elites that..is enough.. this was meant to take place during Jonathan's era as president..but the saw it as attack against our man.

But some peeps grounded the movement..even before it fly..

Jonathan did his very best for bayelsa still tomorrow..but the won't understand...he know the problems of the state and understand it's a fight against Goliath which he can't win ..giving limited time..
So he went for human capital development..and that's what bayelsa actually need.. have plenty scholarships and support amesty?
This encourage the youths to travel..see things and become more aware of their environment.

This this government scuttle it..but atbest alot benefitted from it.
I believe someday the youths and majority will wake and actually hold the federal government responsible..

Till then..
The north and some westerners will keep balling on their head.

You dey decive yourself. Keep on the blame game. The federal government?

Until you guys wake up and make sure resources ment for the state are used the state will remain the same for a very long time. You guys have not been bless with good leadership

Akwa-Ibom State should be a good example of a governor that use resources ment for the people. Not blaming federal government
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 17, 2018
Hotfreezer:

Ikeja alone has more infrastructure than the entire Bayelsa can get between now and 10 years from now
That is what am saying. The problem of Bayelsa is in Bayelsa. Their leaders are not smart enough hence they think of their immediate need instead of the future
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Hotfreezer: 8:48am On Oct 17, 2018
Validated:
Please, allow Bayelsa control her resources just like Dubai does and see the difference

They gave you 1 million and you can't manage it well but you want them to give you 100 million.

How many people are in Bayelsa that their allocation can't do meaningful projects?

The Governor built an uncompleted airport and took schoolchildren on an excursion to see the airport. The clown called it a Human capital development. grin
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by HarryDuce(m): 9:06am On Oct 17, 2018
Hotfreezer:

They gave you 1 million and you can't manage it well but you want them to give you 100 million.

How many people are in Bayelsa that their allocation can't do meaningful projects?

The Governor built an uncompleted airport and took schoolchildren on an excursion to see the airport. The clown called it a Human capital development. grin
Bayelsa is just like every other state in Nigeria in terms of governance. They've had useless men as governors since the creation of the state. They just need someone who is willing to try at least; it's almost a pipe dream for this to happen. The inhabitants are also apathetic like most Nigerians. Akwa Ibom can't be compared to Bayelsa. when did they start building basic infrastructure? isn't it from the time of Akpabio? What were they doing before then? The state was a dilapidated mess.

What Bayelsa needs is a serious governor. The state is not easy to develop. Every acre of land basically has to be sandfilled before anything can be built on it.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by 7lives: 9:22am On Oct 17, 2018
deomelo:
Like many states in Nigeria, Bayelsa is a sad product of bad, incompetent and visionless leadership.

Bayelsa with less than 2 million people is one of the richest states in Nigeria, they collect IGR, huge allocations, and 13% Derivation, but there's nothing worthwhile on the ground to show for anything.

GEJ as the governor of Bayelsa didn't build 1 single classroom, not even a dog cage.

Look at Ben Bruce, the senator they sent to Abuja to look out for them, he's one spends his days and night on twitter rambling about issues with zero substance about Bayelsa.

I don't think their leaders in that part of the country have well-defined thoughts per their responsibilities and obligations as public officials.

Dey have a well defined thoughts, at least after so much NOISE, Asari Dokubo now have a university in Cotonou.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by 7lives: 9:35am On Oct 17, 2018
tegrianonigltd:

Stop RANTING okay?.
You want to compare the LUGGAGES of Lagos, with over 25 million inhabitants, with Bayelsa that have just 2 million inhabitants.
This is why Yorubas and you people will always remain a parallel lines that can NEVER meet.
Have you checked the amount of money, allocations and derivations accrued to Bayelsa in the last 20 years?.
Stop holding briefs for incompetence and gross MISMANAGEMENT, aka grand corruption, Bayelsa state have no excuse for her current sorry state.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Validated: 9:54am On Oct 17, 2018
Hotfreezer:

I am not holding forth for the governors. Say, you live in Lagos, have you attempted to build a house in Lekki and compare your cost with same house built at Iju? Cost of raft alone have built the structure in mainland. The road you build with N1B in Kano will gulp 3 times in Bayelsa. Why almost everything would be bridges.

The ecological impact of exploration is massive while the states in Niger Delta receive less allocation because Federal revenue is shared based on unsubstantiated population figures.

Move any Lagos governor to Bayelsa and they will be total failures. At least we have seen how overrated Fashola who was a supposed champion has turned out at Federal level grin
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Tonalphs(f): 10:35am On Oct 17, 2018
My own is, any party to kick PDP out of Bayelsa state is a welcome development, same way any party to kick APC out of Aso rock is a welcome development. I'm from Nembe n Brass but Bayelsa state is a shithole compared to the allocation they receive.
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by pafra(m): 10:57am On Oct 17, 2018
Validated:

I am not holding forth for the governors. Say, you live in Lagos, have you attempted to build a house in Lekki and compare your cost with same house built at Iju? Cost of raft alone have built the structure in mainland. The road you build with N1B in Kano will gulp 3 times in Bayelsa. Why almost everything would be bridges.

The ecological impact of exploration is massive while the states in Niger Delta receive less allocation because Federal revenue is shared based on unsubstantiated population figures.

Move any Lagos governor to Bayelsa and they will be total failures. At least we have seen how overrated Fashola who was a supposed champion has turned out at Federal level grin

I could have agreed with you if bayelsa is the only state in the south south.

Compare bayelsa with states in the south south. Bayelsa is the least

Don't support incompetent of your leaders

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Codes151(m): 6:38pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hotfreezer:

Bayelsa with its few workforce and few population is owing salaries and unable to execute projects.

Bayelsa has a population that is not up to Alimosho Local Government alone and it is the top 3 earning state in Nigeria. Yet, the government of Bayelsa has failed to develop the state and you're yarning off point.
stop talking crap! Revenues are shared rationally
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Codes151(m): 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hotfreezer:

stop talking crap! Oil Revenues are shared rationally.... so u don’t expect fg to go and develope Bayelsa for the people and govt there! Fg can’t develop all oil states at the expense of others! That’s why we have oil mandates... state government and corporations work hand in hand to ensure development!

Asin u no get sense to see what happen in Dubai just in 16years!? It’s laws and oil corporations working together!

In fact am just wasting my time with u! Your problably dAft about oil and it procedures
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Naijiant: 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2018
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Hotfreezer: 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Codes151:
stop talking crap! Oil Revenues are shared rationally.... so u don’t expect fg to go and develope Bayelsa for the people and govt there! Fg can’t develop all oil states at the expense of others! That’s why we have oil mandates... state government and corporations work hand in hand to ensure development!

Asin u no get sense to see what happen in Dubai just in 16years!? It’s laws and oil corporations working together!

In fact am just wasting my time with u! Your problably dAft about oil and it procedures

Ekiti is better than Bayelsa
Akwa Ibom is better than Bayelsa
Ebonyi is far far better than Bayelsa

Keep blaming others for your stagnated development, it's not my business. It's your people who have nothing to show.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by KenModi(m): 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2018
Pavarottii:

Please tell us ur state.

See! This is one of the problem of Nigerians. When there is an argument, next thing is “what state are your from”, “are you Igbo or Yoruba”; “you are Christian right”; “what church do attend”??

Among Africans living abroad, it is only Nigerians who when meeting themselves for the first time would ask “so what state are you from”; are you Igbo or Yoruba”?

Ethnic and religious bigotry no go kill una!

Many reasons abound why Nigeria wont move forward, ethnic and religious bigotry are just one amongst many.

“Praising mediocrity” is also high on the list. Countries with less resources than Nigeria are developed or developing at a very fast pace while you and a good majority of Nigerians still praise your governors for paying salary.

It is their freaking responsibility!!! They owe you a duty to pay salaries and fix roads!!!

Don’t praise them for doing their jobs. Notice it and encourage them to keep it up else they wld be voted out; rather than thank them for doing their jobs!
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by kevlucky(m): 6:46am On Oct 18, 2018
Bannylove13:

You are not from Bayelsa..or just been ignorant
who told you am not from bayelsa
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by kevlucky(m): 6:48am On Oct 18, 2018
Pavarottii:

Please Wat do u mean the op is correct, where in bayelsa are u from?
for ur information am from nembe local government area of bayelsa state
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by Pavarottii(m): 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2018
KenModi:

See! This is one of the problem of Nigerians. When there is an argument, next thing is “what state are your from”, “are you Igbo or Yoruba”; “you are Christian right”; “what church do attend”??

Among Africans living abroad, it is only Nigerians who when meeting themselves for the first time would ask “so what state are you from”; are you Igbo or Yoruba”?

Ethnic and religious bigotry no go kill una!

Many reasons abound why Nigeria wont move forward, ethnic and religious bigotry are just one amongst many.

“Praising mediocrity” is also high on the list. Countries with less resources than Nigeria are developed or developing at a very fast pace while you and a good majority of Nigerians still praise your governors for paying salary.

It is their freaking responsibility!!! They owe you a duty to pay salaries and fix roads!!!

Don’t praise them for doing their jobs. Notice it and encourage them to keep it up else they wld be voted out; rather than thank them for doing their jobs!
So u know all these and u didn't start from home and talking to ur governor , that bayelsa is ur problem?
Re: Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? by KenModi(m): 8:39pm On Oct 18, 2018
Pavarottii:

So u know all these and u didn't start from home and talking to ur governor , that bayelsa is ur problem?

Bayelsa isn’t just my problem; Nigeria’s current political class is my probem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomole: I Sold Bad Product To Edo People In 2016 / Photos Of Nigeria's 62nd Independence Anniversary Christian Service. / Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.