Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? (17534 Views)

How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss / Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience / What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by engrjacuzzi: 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
Vacancy vacancy *Driver* is needed for immediately employment at the *officers training college*.......must at least *3years of driving experience* and valid *drivers license* must also capable to drive inter state......on before *20th of October* apply to *The Salvation Army Officers Training College Nigeria Territory*
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by ehemwhy(m): 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
I worked with an audit firm sometime in 2015....did not attach working papers to some draft accounts ...he called me a dunce ....left the place two months later

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Lucifer66(m): 4:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
wunmi590:

I am the administrative officer/facility maintenance manager
That's not a bad job but to find another one in that field will be hard like mad. Just keep up with her shit while finding a Jew job with the same pay.
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by tosinmicheal1: 4:27pm On Oct 17, 2018
She Said To Me.... "Can You Read "

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by officialJP(m): 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
wunmi590:

I am tired, but no back up plan yet.

Once i get another job, i will leave, because i cant just go home and be sitting at home
grin grin
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Akorkor(f): 5:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
Very funny thread. My boss once called me a witch and I replied him straight that if he tries me I will eat him raw.since that day, he doesn't have the nerve. Anyway, he is retired now grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Bianda24: 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2018
It depends on your carriage and disposition. My boss once told me that she can do without me, we had a brawl and I was on top of my voice. I was angry, very angry.

When she said that, she ordered me to leave her office. I left in anger. I was expecting a query nor sack letter the following day but till now. She has not issued me with a query or sack letter.

I secretly thank God for that but since then, she has been taking it cool with me.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by barristerzinny(f): 5:12pm On Oct 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

My boss once called me a monster because I almost ruptured her uterus.
Hian inukwa servicing.
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by HawkToBar(m): 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2018
A
L
E
R
T

T
I

W
O
L
E
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by sylvez(m): 5:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
datola:
I cannot really comment on your claim until we have heard from the other party, the boss lady.

We also need to look at things from the business owner's perspective. So many so called Nigerian employees are out to kill businesses in Nigeria with their I don't care and unethical practices.

Please! Please!! Hold it there, you can't justify it biko, I didn't want to comment but I was surprised at your comment, if your employee no longer serve their purpose for which you employed them, courtesy demands that you lay them off politely with their benefits o! You must be careful not to hurt their self esteem....i am currently a victim of an abusive boss.

She was like "you are daft, you can't use your head, you are a fraud, you are stupid" all at the same time, in the presence of my junior colleagues o, where I almost slapped her was when she mentioned my mother!! Ahhh!!! My sweet mama!! Nnem oma, iya mi !!!! I was like, "excuse me ma, I won't take that from you, please don't mention my mother again, I won't tolerate that" everybody be like gehngehn!! and that was how she said, please get out of this office and don't come back... That was how I lost my first job which I was barely a month old, this whole thing happened last week Friday. She fired me without pay, till today no pay, with all my efforts o!! I even introduced 1 clients which I'm entitled to 5% commission. At least I've paid one price for my sweet mum.

So, I also need another job asap, Pls someone should help.
I have Bsc Accounting and I'm proficient in Microsoft office suite, quick books, sage business cloud and sage 50 accounting softwares, I have 3years intermittent work experience and one month post nysc work experience as an accounts officer in an accounting firm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by wunmi590(m): 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
Lucifer66:

That's not a bad job but to find another one in that field will be hard like mad. Just keep up with her shit while finding a Jew job with the same pay.

Yes. Thanks
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by wunmi590(m): 5:28pm On Oct 17, 2018
officialJP:
grin grin

Abi na
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Oteebaba(m): 5:28pm On Oct 17, 2018
So first time I was gonna meet the man, supposed boss, told him and he interviewed me. Though I know I messed up a little buh it was due to the fact that he really intimidated me before even conducting the interview and after some discussions, he just told me you are useless to me naw, though he still decided to employ me buh told me to go for training outside his firm and he would always come and check me. He even told me on the spot that he can’t retain me after my service. I just looked up to God and told Baba in my mind, my God hope you are listening. I know am very meticulous and hardworking.
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by dedons: 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
Always threatening to faya her papa head.
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Lilimax(f): 6:28pm On Oct 17, 2018
mokt:

I really like that. What company is that, or what are they into if you don't mind?
If you ask me na who I go ask grin
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by abimbola74(m): 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2018
ehemwhy:
I worked with an audit firm sometime in 2015....did not attach working papers to some draft accounts ...he called me a dunce ....left the place two months later
Can you please link me up with an audit firm ?
abimbola7478@gmail.com
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Erums(m): 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2018
wunmi590:

I am the administrative officer/facility maintenance manager

How can you be an officer and a manager at the same time... Why are they deceiving with names and virtual portfolios?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by stilldoingokay(f): 7:17pm On Oct 17, 2018
that I left my brain at home.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Divay22(f): 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2018
Nothing
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Issaboss(m): 7:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Bad guy grin
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Bad guy
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by pocohantas(f): 8:02pm On Oct 17, 2018
She said she doesn't know how I graduated with my grade. LMAO grin

She is a lovely person sha. I did a silly mistake that earned her a query. Finally she forwarded it to me, tasked me with responding to it.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Researchitlive: 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2018
Record a brief video of yourself saying something nice about our business plan writing services and stand a chance to win a minimum of N500 and a maximum of N5,000 recharge card of any network of your choice in Nigeria depending on your video quality.
Here's what you need to know about us:

https://www.researchitlive.com/page/68

Send your video to info@researchitlive.com

You can also register on our website as an Agent and earn upto N50,000 monthly through referrals.
Winners will be contacted via mail / phone call / sms

Click the link below to know more about our service

https://www.researchitlive.com/page/68
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by egopersonified(f): 8:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
I miss my ex boss, work go dey hungry you just to please am, we spent less than 30 mins together on two different occasions. All contact was via phone and email. He is my mentor.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by belloabd1914(m): 9:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
wunmi590:

Lol, she says that too to us

Lol, I was so pained I almost resigned
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by wunmi590(m): 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
Erums:

How can you be an officer and a manager at the same time... Why are they deceiving with names and virtual portfolios?

Na so I see am oo, my brother, but what can someone do, this is Nigeria.
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Thane(m): 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2018
wunmi590:

Thank you so much, i am really enduring, till i get something better.

Bro sometimes you just have to leave to save your mind from insanity or even depression if you are not a thick skinned person. The country is rough but there are numerous opportunities that are available that you can't see because you are busy with your abusive job. In the space of time that you will be out of job, you must see an opportunity to grab.

I worked in a place for 2 yrs, I was managing the man's bad words until he added it with non payment of salaries. He first owed 2 of the senior staff for the first 2 months but was paying others. In the 3rd month, he owed everybody. I left immediately. Surprisingly, I got a better offer the next day x2. Just the next day
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by dheolexaone(f): 11:12pm On Oct 17, 2018
So she said soldier go, soldier come, Barack still remains the same after I dropped my resignation letter...

I was lyk wah d Bleep!
Boss I worked for whole heartily.
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
If the pay is like 500k-1M, I can deal with any shit. Its if is 25k job wey I go just vexpar.
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Vannlex(m): 11:34pm On Oct 17, 2018
just because i was 4mins late for work,
he told me that as from now on am working as a volunteer if i want i should leave no more pay.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by josiegirl27: 12:20am On Oct 18, 2018
belloabd1914:
Boss was like "and you call your self a graduate"

It pained me to my bones
your own good...my boss once said that I should not say I graduated o...that I bought my certificate. I was so stunned I started laughing.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by Gabrendo(m): 2:56am On Oct 18, 2018
My boss actually made me believe I am a slowpoke but I dealt with him sha. He will never underestimate anyone in his life again.
Re: What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? by toprealman: 4:48am On Oct 18, 2018
vizkiz:
I do my job when when expected and I don't give those above me the privilege to look down on me.

The day Any bastard with a "boss" title, utter shìtty words me is the day I'll give some Fadeyi Boys Tip to help me teach him a VERY BIG LESSON.

I don't joke with my personality neither will I see it fall to ruin by a simpleton who thinks himself above me.
You still have some important lessons about rules of work to learn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apply For The Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2017 / Spiritan University Nneochi (SUN) 2018 Job Recruitment (53 Positions) / British American Tobacco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.