Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State - NYSC (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State (119427 Views)

Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Adekunleideology(m): 6:01am On Aug 05, 2019
Oga Nonye.

You never pass out? grin
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 2:55am On Aug 06, 2019
Adekunleideology:
Oga Nonye.

You never pass out? grin

Lol I have but not yet on this diary. Work no gree person get time. I don too promise to update y'all, yet no show. Update go soon drop.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 2:56am On Aug 06, 2019
kayojosephy:
I commend you for your beautiful way of writing and captivating the minds of your followers, been following you from day one till you left camp and you left this un-updated, though I checked regularly for updates till I forgot it in my saved pages, found it today after I took a trip down my saved pages and I must say you are one of a very few that went against the norms of Sex, partying and the likes... More so your experience tells a lot about doing the right things by getting to work for what you want and not just praying for Favours without going the length you have gone for those interview invites... Thumbs up Bro, now I know where I have gone wrong as a person, because I was brought up to be a loner and with religion the only way out to achieve success without having first hand information about how things are done and way to go about those things.
This is an eye opener for many people who have come across your thread, and upcoming Corpers will take a different part from the norm of sex, party, and what not...

I'm honored sir. Ese gan smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
nonye6194:
Hi everyone,
This is me taking out time to share my experience in nysc orientation camp, Iyana ipaja, Lagos state between July 24th to August 13th, 2018. I may go a bit and relate my out of camp experience too as a corper but let's see how the 21 days own goes fez. I am an avid reader of stories and experiences here on nairaland and decided why not? Since Lagos camp is rarely talked about here. Thanks to everyone who made camp fun and interesting for me. And to you reading this, buckle up amigo. It's going to be half a decent read for you smiley.

I almost forgot, I'm nonye and a 2018 batch B stream I corper, was supposed to be in the batch A but my school sha. I Graduated from Akwa Ibom State University, a fairly new institution from the department of chemical and petrochemical engineering with a pretty looking 2:1 lol.
P.s: I'm good at talking too much much so expect a long but interesting reading. And sometimes my Englishes or punctuations maybe wrong, forgive me, I can't afford a proof reader with 19,800 so we're stuck in this together cheesy
I have read all your posts and comments on this thread and i have this few words for you.
1.You have to stop listening to those songs (secular musicians songs ) ,instead read up or download YouTube videos on successful people or companies that relate to your field.
2.Avoid people like Greg,with the stories of how yahoo boys and girls take people's things if someone takes a leg of your slippers because you refused talking to him you should have no dealings with such a person again, Never. I advise you read psalm 23 and 51and call him or send him a message telling him about your discovery in camp about him taking one leg of your slippers .whatever his response is you tell him that you are covered with the blood of Jesus therefore no weapon formed against you shall prosper.
3.You also have to be more serious in reading your Holy Bible and learning more about the teachings of Jesus Christ our Saviour.
4.I can see from your posts and comments that most of your typographical or grammatical errors are deliberate because for you to have written this far and with your pattern of using pictures to narrate your story i know you have the zeal and patience in writing articles therefore i encourage you to concentrate on those errors you make by always writing without pidgin English that way you would be a few steps away from making those errors.
5.I would not recommend any gospel music for you because most of them are worse than secular musicians but rather I would recommend that you immerse yourself with Christian movies and hymns from YouTube .
6.I just want to also state that i partly believe that you don't drink,smoke or commit fornication because of the kind of songs you listen to which i also listened to when i was a child of the world but thank God for by his grace i am saved.
I know some PCMs that would be going for NYSC ,I would share your experience with them.
I recommend that you read the story on nairaland crime section with the topic "my story as a cult member ..........initiation phase included...."by a nairlander named " say no to cultism"my comments are on page 73 and 75 of the thread. You can also access the thread via my nairaland profile.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 2:46am On Aug 17, 2019
The next Monday I went back to my ppa like nothing happened. A few workers came to check up on how I've been and why I havent been around in weeks. I just told them I've been busy with other things etc. And that was all I could divulge.

And for the rest of that week, I kept going to work at my ppa. I kinda felt bad I havent been showing up more often yet zero reprimand nor any deduction in salary like other workers are penalised. But since no one was complaining, I didn't have to stress myself about it for long. I was grateful for such a chilled firm.

I decided to take another professional course before the end of my service year, especially since I have extra free time for myself. Fortunately for me, I found an online course on renewable energy that was about to kickstart. I sharpenly signed up for it and also registered with the training center I did my HSE certification program with (i.e. novelle).

The approaching weekend got me worries as a former OBS colleague from camp was getting married to her boo (a fellow corper too ;*) and I was likely not going to attend the event. For some flimsy reasons, I had to cancel and instead teamed up with the other colleagues to do something special for the new couple. That acted as reparations for my absence and I felt a bit better, and she forgave me two weeks later grin.
That same weekend, I had a hiking trip in snake island to take part in which I couldn't commit to due to my friend's wedding. But since I wasn't going anymore, I had to do the trip since I cant miss out on both things.

Abi now wink

But deep down, I still felt horrible.

I no fit go my friend wedding but I wan Hike angry

I reported myself to my bride to be friend and she absolved me of my sins grin after which she placed me on two weeks incommunicado. I went on to partake in the trip and at the end, I was glad I didnt miss it. I wrote about it here on NL and it's an interesting read.

Here's the link: https://www.nairaland.com/5256746/hiking-experience-snake-island

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 2:57am On Aug 17, 2019
It was a new week, a new month; APRIL

I made a resolution before the end of the previous month (March) to take a full month break from applying to and going for any job test/interview. May sound crazy and a bit too much but I felt I needed more than just the trips I've been having to rest from all what I've put myself through in the quest to secure a good career after POP. I intended to use this month and focus on other things, to do other things. Spoke to my sister about it and she encouraged me to take things easy and live my life lol. That the job would come and I shouldn't worry so much about it.

So I did it

I didn't apply for any jobs, open the telegram group nor my LinkedIn throughout this month and tbh, it felt liberating lol. So, you're among the readers that were enjoying the job chronicles, let's have a break and talk about other things for just this month lol.

But come o, what is even there to talk about sef angry

Let's start with MAY's birthday cheesy

So May's birthday was on the 3rd of this month and we had already made plans to go see a movie but that changed after she saw pictures from the hike I went to, especially the ones of the tarkwa bay beach where our hike ended. She insisted we go to the beach and just laidat, we changed plans for the beach a day after her birthday. So on Thursday, the three of us took the birthday to the beach and had a lil fun. And as usual, I wrote about it with pishures lol. Here's the link:
https://www.nairaland.com/5309367/day-tarkwa-bay-beach

Happy birthday May �

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:00am On Aug 17, 2019
By weekend, I started another professional course (project management Professional) with the training center I completed my former certification course with (Novelle). As usual, I wanted Emy and Rue to tag along but Emy had already registered for same course on the island where she stays, leaving me and Rue. I also convinced a friend of mine in Ikorodu to sign up and she did too.

Only me cannor fit waka come abeg grin

Three days later, I got a mail for an opening I applied for a while ago. I wasn't interested in doing anything about it, plus the fact that I had a resolve to pause all of that for this month. One or two mails came in this month but they were ignored as the first one.

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:03am On Aug 17, 2019
By Thursday, I began the online course on Renewable Energy and that kept me busy all weekend. The next week, I began planning to attend an HSE summit which Emy and I registered for. Fast forward to the day of the summit, I was determined to get to the venue before the event begins by 9am because the organizers promised gifts for the first five participants to arrive the venue that morning.

Me wey like awoof laidis, why I go carry last abeg grin

I told Emy about my intention to arrive there very early and this babe laughed at my plans. I was so vexed that I said these exact words go her:

'I go reach that venue before you wey dey island'.

Maybe that was too much of a promise since the venue was on the island and she stays there too. Nevertheless, I was determined to keep my word so I left my place little past 6am and set out for Victoria Island.

Then it happened.

Traffic was on lockdown cry

In my history of going to the island from mainland in the morning period, I havent been in this type of gridlock before. There was no movement of whatsoever; vehicles and trucks barely crawled, even Gokada and their likes couldn't penetrate through the maze of lock that morning. Lemme further explain how bad the traffic was:

Emy woke up while I was stuck in traffic angry

She prepared while I was in traffic sad

And got to the venue while I was still in traffic cry

My village people really had me this time and there was absolutely nothing I could do about this except to accept my fate. At about 10 am or so, the gridlock eased up and eventually, I found my way to the venue and joined Emy in an already filled hall. If not for the fact she reserved a place for me, I would have been without a vantage seat at the event. Good enough, the event was just kicking off officially when I took my seat. But not too good enough as Emy told me I missed out on the packs everyone got. The pack included a diary, pen and breakfast.

Ah breakfast sad

I know some of the bad belle people here want me to talk about how far with my promise of coming early to the venue. Well, the organizers did that during the course of the event and I was a bit glad I even came late. They announced the first participant arrived the venue at about 4:36am.

Everyone was like shocked shocked

4:36am?

Ein for kukuma arrive yesterday nau grin

I wanted to come early to the venue but this was just too crazy early for me. Even the rest of the participants that got presents for coming early, arrived before 6am.

Dem swear for una and awoof grin

Out of all events I've been to, I haven't see so many people keeping to time. By the time it was stated for the event to begin that morning, the over 500 capacity hall was almost full. I almost didn't get a seat if not for Emy.

Me that mainland-island traffic used to practice frustration 101 today sad

The event went splendidly well. The highlights was when tablet prizes were thrown about like it's nothing. It was fun and I learnt alot from it. Emy left earlier than me and i stayed up to get our certificates and other sturvs for participants they promised to issue. After the long day, I found my way back home and that was it.

Did I mention there was lunch shared around and it didn't reach where Emy and I sat?

Our dearly beloved village pipu are back with a bang grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:10am On Aug 17, 2019
Not much happened for the middle of the month so I'll skip to its end and I'll begin with the general CDS. Remember when I was boasting about how MAY and I got new phones in space of few weeks? Well, something went wrong.
After our general cds for this month and on the way home, MAY's screen went blank. Frustrated and angry, she had to shell out 60k to get a replacement screen that same day. Prior this event, she had spent almost that same amount fixing a device of a client she was given to use for her social media job. The thought of spending so much money that you've been saving on things you didnt budget for sucks.

No be to get flagship phone be the problem. When there's a problem with it is when you'll want to go crazy crazy

She couldn't get the phone screen replaced that day but the repair guy gave her a device to manage till her phone is ready. We left and went home afterwards.
The day afterwards, I and a former college mate who was serving in Ogun state and on break, went on a little tour around Lagos. We went to the Freedom park, LCC and ended up my favourite place: Nike Art Gallery. It was a long and interesting day, but we sure did had the best time going those places. By the time we finished and went back to our homes, I tried calling MAY severally to know what's up with her phone, all to no avail. Later that evening she came online and what she narrated to me was the opposite of what I had that day.

She was detained!

She said that the repair guy couldn't get a replacement screen for her phone so she had to collect her money and phone to take it to ikeja to get fixed. When she got to the new Oshodi Interchange, she crossed over to the other side of the road to board a bus to Ikeja, only to be accustomed by an official of Sanitation and Environmental Corps who accused her of breaking the law by crossing the road instead of using the pedestrian bridge. Babe started pleading but it all fell on deaf ears, and the baba took her to their standby van and locked her inside like they do to offenders. Since she didnt have any functional phone on her, she couldn't reach out to anyone and on trying to reason with her detainers, they were demanding for her to pay 10k as fine to regain her freedom. She said she bargained all she could, to no avail and before she knew it she broke down crying sad.

The frustration she had faced in the past days were overwhelming and she finally gave in. Poor child. Other offenders joined her in the back of the van but they stay there for long as they bargained, bribed and regained their freedom almost as immediately. Eventually May who was watching how it went, restrategised and re-bargained with them. They finally let her go after about 2 hours for a bribe instead of the fine. She went to Ikeja, got the phone fixed and returned home.

When she was done narrating her day, I felt bad and apologised to her about it and didn't even dare tell her how fun mine was. We were all relieved the long day has come to an end.
The crazy yet stupefying thing about these folks that detained May is they have no rights to do what they do there and other locations around Lagos. I had to read up why the agency was setup and read their roles to the public, there was no part where they were told to do what they're doing. Also, people cross the road every time but these people only select those they can detain and milk money from. Nonetheless, May broke the law even tho there are no signs warning folks from crossing the road and penalties for doing so. This will keep happening and they'll keep making bribe money from it till it's addressed. God save us all in this Lagos.

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:26am On Aug 17, 2019
The month of April was drawing to a close and just before it ended, I connected May and Emy to Cvbank and they started applying like I do. I also connected a couple of close folks that I knew would appreciate the gesture. Fast forward to the last day of the month, May got her first interview mail. This was just days after she started applying. I was happy for her and had no doubts she will ace the interview. Nevertheless, I wished her the very best at the interview which was just days away. Since the month was ending, I geared up to begin applying again and going for tests/interviews from the next month.
One of my former college mate serving in rivers state started getting his own interviews and I was elated it wasn't just me alone again. Things were working for others cvbank worked for and his technique seems to work for others too.

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:35am On Aug 17, 2019
MAY

Just as I promised myself, I began the month by applying as usual to openings that fit my field and interests. A day after I began applying, I got my first interview invite and few days later, another came in for a test.

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:40am On Aug 17, 2019
I went for the interview which was at Ikeja. I got to the venue few minutes behind scheduled time to find a hall filled with so many applicants seated and taking what seemed like a test on their devices.

Ah ah. What is happening nau sad

The coordinator (abi test administrator) approached me and told me what to do and minutes later I was taking a personality test on my phone like others did. After the test, we took down our names, that was when I found out the recruitment was for various roles in the firm, hence the crowd. I checked the list and discovered I was the only person for the role I applied for.

Hehehe cheesy

Shortly after the test, interview began at about 10 am and it was based on first arrived, first to be interviewed basis. I knew it would be a while before it got to my turn since I met so many people when I arrived the place, so I just chilled and revised for the interview on NL jobs section. The interview wasn't even taking long as those that went in came out like 5 - 10 minutes later, so I figured I'll be in and out before 1pm.

The time was past 4pm and it hadn't reached my turn yet sad

As the interview progressed, a candidate spent more time in the interview room than the previous candidate. By this time, I was tired and my phone was dead. I was just tired; of sitting, of waiting for my turn, of staring at the same things for a million times. I was tired brothers and sisters.

I know you are tired of me being tired angry

It was 4:23pm and finally my turn and I went in. I got in and found out it was just one interviewer: the CEO. It didn't bother me, nothing did at this point as I just wanted to be over with this and go home. He looked tired and stressed from interviewing over 50 persons before me. Me kwa was tired from waiting for over 6 hours for my turn.

The interview didn't go so well and I wasn't even looking forward to a response from the firm. The oga was sounding displeased with everything that came from me, he questioned almost everything he saw on my CV. He googled some things to confirm I wasn't lying. Even when they all checked out, he didn't change his attitude. I got that as cue I wasn't needed here so I made it easier for the both of us and apologised for coming. I got my CV and other documents I had earlier submitted and left the premises to the surprise of the man. Before I left the place, the lady at the front desk asked why I came and waited that long if I wasn't ready for the job, I told her I wasn't warned about the firm either.

I'm saying this to whoever that's listening:
If you want to interview so many people yourself, spread out the interview dates to help you and your candidates. Some came from outside Lagos for this interview. Better yet, hire the services of outsourcing companies who are professionals at recruiting top talents for a role.

E go be

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:49am On Aug 17, 2019
After that first encounter of the month, I had to pause the job hunt thingy again because it seemed I wasn't ready to go through plenty stress now. Meanwhile May got the job and adding it to the ones she already had, made it 6 clients she's managing their brand's presence online cool

That was a perfect way to bounce back from the damaged screen and detention situation of last week. My colleague in Rivers proceeded to the next of his own recruitment and I couldn't be happier for him. Emy got an invite weeks later but didn't get the job at the end of the day sad.

'You win some and lose some, I heard that my whole life
I heard that my whole life, but that doesn't make it right'
-Big Sean

My Data finished and since I was pausing the job hunt kini, I didn't see the need to spend plenty money on Spectranet subscription immediately. I used the period to go back to what I haven't done in a very long time.

Reading.

I read novels and modules for the courses I was currently taking. It didn't even last upto one week, I rushed to resuscribe and came back online grin. When the notifications started coming in, I wished then I never took that break from the internet.
I missed out on a test for a recruitment I was supposed to take which it's deadline had elapsed. Not just that, I also had another test to complete online and a job interview in 2 days.

Someone cannor stay small offline anymore angry

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:56am On Aug 17, 2019
It's been a while I spoke about my Tourism Cds group and reason is because it has been dull as hell for the past couple of months. We haven't embarked on any trip this 2019, instead we've been having just meetings undecided. Technically, they have been having cos I quit attending anything nysc but my biometrics for months too. I wasnt too bothered about our cds dullness because I was making my own trips with May and my other guy. We dedicate time and some cash monthly and go round different places In Lagos.
But since POP was slowly approaching, MAy and I had to start brushing up our records at both CDS group and LGA. So we started attending cds meeting.

Make person no collect extension of service grin

We had already planned on going to the national museum after our cds meeting and that was exactly what we did. But getting to the theater is the gist you want to hear cheesy.
We didn't really plan this museum trip well in terms of money to be spent. May wasn't willing to go due to insufficient funds for transport and I was sure not paying for anybody's bills to goan have fun in this present country. As luck would have it, one of May's admirers (a corper) offered to drive us to the stadium. May wanted to form and turn down the offer, you needed to see how I rebuked her like Jesus told Peter to get thee behind Him in the bible grin.

I was going to save my transport and May was going to come even with her no funds excuse. Win win cool

The nysc secretariat was barely 30 minutes from our destination but we took longer than that and here's why. Uncle didn't really know the route to the place, neither did we grin. So as 21st century kids, we used Google maps app to navigate our way to the place. But that wasn't so easy because the Google maps made us to take a longer route to get to Iganmu where the theater is. Finally, we were yards away (in traffic) from the entrance when it happened.

Rival school gangs were fighting right in the middle of the busy road. I mean these kids were wielding machetes and knives, throwing rocks at each other and fought like it was the wrestlemania. And to make matters worse, we were right in the middle of this fight with few other cars waiting for the traffic light. So many things were just going through my head

Who send me go National Theater sef cry

See wetin free ride don land me enter today sad

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 4:00am On Aug 17, 2019
The exchange between these kids didn't seem to end and somehow by some stroke of luck, our driver colleague broke free and turned right back (on a one way) to go somewhere else but here.
We drove about to pass time before we came back to enter the museum. By now, the whole place looked like nothing happened there minutes ago. On getting inside the Theater premises we found out that the facility was used for a church's annual convention.

Which kain double wahala be diswan today nau angry

I was still thinking how to hide my disappointment and turn back home when May ordered me to bring out my phone and start taking pictures of her.

Come o. Wetin dey do this one ni

May said she was here to have fun and nothing is going to stop her, not even the convention going on at the premises. Since she had more liver than me at this moment, I just went on with her and did as she said. May and I went to have a swell time at the theater irrespective of what was happening in the place. The convention participants didn't hide their displeasure at us while we took turns taking pictures, but we didn't really bother ourselves with that.
We spent good 4 hours at the theater and we left feeling very good at ourselves. I was really glad this day happened, everything that lead up to the trip; the good and bad. On our way home, I realised why May didn't want to return back when we found out the theater was in use for a purpose. She didn't want our driver/her admirer to take her somewhere else since the theater was in use. She just didn't want to go anywhere with the guy alone. Even the guy was hinting at taking her somewhere nice when we got to our destination and saw the sight.

Uncle had plans but May was way ahead of him in this one grin

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 4:05am On Aug 17, 2019
The next week started alright, new month coming to a close and everything seem to be going on just fine at home and at work. I was getting to the final stages of my online learning and professional training course and examinations were around the corner. So I did more of reading and preparation for the forthcoming examinations.
During one of these preparation evenings, I realised I've not gone though my mail in over a day or so. Opening up to check my inbox, I found two mails; both got me excited, but one really got me more excited.

'Dangote Refinery'.

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 4:09am On Aug 17, 2019
This update took too long and I apologize for the long time I took to make it. Some of y'all may have deduced from one of the screenshots why I've been too busy to make updates as usual. I'll talk about that. But not now yet. I really look forward to posting the next updates in the next weeks (which would be my last) and end this journey finally.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 4:30am On Aug 17, 2019
Dear ghost readers, how far?

Long time no word. I hope ya'll still following grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 17, 2019
nonye6194:

Normally I would have ignored this type of message but I'll respond to a few things and never respond anymore.

1. You said I make typographical and grammatical errors deliberately. Ionno if you're tryna act correct or insult me but I'll advice you to keep such unverified and misleading comment to yourself. Where do you see people make errors in English deliberately. In case you missed it, the first post I made on this thread addressed errors that would likely be found on the thread.

You really hit a nerve by saying I should avoid writing in pidgin. Really?! Since you seem like a spiritual fellow, you have to explain how the pidgin affects you out of many other folks that have read the contents in this thread. Wait, I don't need your explanation.

2. The second reply and the very last one is an advice for you too. Since we are in the season of serving it. You can be a very spiritual/religious folk. I really applaud your efforts into doing something for yourself, but going out of your way to give bible portions and admonishments is something you have to be careful about sir. I won't drag forth on this particular one. I'll rather welcome advice on how we can do better for our country through the nysc, education, technology etc. We are already the most religious nation in the world, what we need now are proactive ideas and contributions to moving forward as a nation. I'm very sure the book of psalms won't work miracles for us to change things today unless we do something. I'm not much as spiritual as you but I remember a part of the scripture that says faith without work is dead.
Someone earlier mentioned about the many errors in your writing.
As a graduate it is degrading for you to write and say forgive any grammatical or punctuational errors rather you should be patient when typing to avoid such mistakes and always read what you have typed before posting it and you are to read what you have typed after posting it so as to detect any mistake(s) and make necessary corrections.
It was not an insult when i said you typed some of those mistakes deliberately. I said i believe that you made some of the mistakes deliberately (that is it is my own assessment of your writing which every individual is entitled to).
Telling you to stop typing in pidgin english was just a recommendation which i believe would improve your writing skills .
Giving out bible passages is nothing to be careful for.
Ask a church elder or an elder family member to know if the "Greg" reason which made me to dish out bible passages is something to be careful for.
The problem in Nigeria are the leaders who won't make education to at least first degree level free and affordable for all.
The problem of Nigeria is not technology but the leaders. Senator Ben Murray Bruce before he left the senate told the Nigerian senate the benefits of switching to electric powered cars and change our filling stations to meet the demands of the electric powered cars(he even displayed the one he bought for his use on T. V) but the then deputy senate president senator Ike Ekweremadu gave an excuse(which i believe is a flimsy excuse )why Nigeria should not upgrade to a higher technology in the area of auto mobiles.Mr.Ben Murray Bruce also offered to give car loans to his staffs only if they want to acquire an electric car.
Religion is a key aspect of human life. Religion has put a stop to many evil and barbaric practices in Nigeria like the killing of twins, brought hospitals,clothings e.t.c.
"Faith without work is dead " it is the scripture you quoted.
Do you think that by not reading psalms,praying,giving alms, tithe and singing hymns a christian can be said to have faith.
If a christian doesn't read psalms,pray,give alms and tithes,sing hymns and that person is working and expecting a change to happen do you think that his action of working only (nysc, education, technology) has faith.
The problem in Nigeria is that most christian leaders are hypocrites and worse than Judas Iscariot, take a look at the north they have sharia(islamic) laws that is working but take a look at the states headed by supposed christian leaders there is not even one of their states that uses any form of christian laws (using christ teachings against immorality)to govern the state.
Above average of the supposed christian leaders are hypocrites. We need (nysc,education,technology)to move the nation forward but religion also has a key role to play in nation building and civilisation.
Vice president Pastor Yemi Osibanjo has failed in his parenting duties like Eli failed in the bringing up of Hophni and phinehas in the Bible. His daughter's lifestyle (Kiki Osibanjo) is not worthy of emulation.
The supposed christian leaders of Nigeria are not living up to expectations.
Lastly,Even if a nigerian brings up a technologically driven idea or builds one the greed of the leaders (which I believe religion can tackle)would make them not to support that idea or invention,that nigerian would have to fund that idea or invention all by him or herself.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by ThankGod001(m): 9:12am On Aug 18, 2019
nonye6194:
Okay
NICE UPDATE smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Sirpaul(m): 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2019
Oya now The Billion dollar high chief
nonye6194:
This update took too long and I apologize for the long time I took to make it. Some of y'all may have deduced from one of the screenshots why I've been too busy to make updates as usual. I'll talk about that. But not now yet. I really look forward to posting the next updates in the next weeks (which would be my last) and end this journey finally.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by sconp: 1:42pm On Aug 20, 2019
Wow!

Novelle would really be happy with you, 3 courses in the space of a year man. You really utilised your service year.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Thecvbankng: 7:17am On Sep 01, 2019
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Fidelmak(m): 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2019
Nice write up 👆.... am one of the Ghost readers 😁

Nonye, do you know any professional course related to physics?
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by laurentium(m): 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2019
Love4God:

Someone earlier mentioned about the many errors in your writing.
As a graduate it is degrading for you to write and say forgive .

Oga go to a religious forum, we are just having fun reading through. its a diary , if there is any need to publish them he can employ you (as per omini knowest in English) or employ any editor to help with that . . .

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
[quote author=laurentium post=81883179][/quote]
Read below to see the Rule number 21 of the rules you see before you make a comment on nairaland.
21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
Maybe if you had taken time to read the rules of the forum you would not have posted this ignorant or maggot comment.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by laurentium(m): 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2019
Love4God:

Read below to see the Rule number 21 of the rules you see before you make a comment on nairaland.
21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
Maybe if you had taken time to read the rules of the forum you would not have posted this ignorant or maggot comment.

bro you jobless

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nauttyn(m): 8:35am On Sep 04, 2019
ride on bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Nysc Age Limit / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) / My NYSC Experience In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.