Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,564 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427521 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 11:26pm On Jan 25, 2020
olamide0147:

my girlfriend is about to come down to Nigeria which will make it the first we are meeting in person and she intends to file for my k1 application, I hope one time meeting isn't bad or what are my chances ...she has a good job and own properties she's 54 and I'm 30, I really need help on what to do.

Just one visit coupled with the age gap might not be so convincing, especially given the rate of high denials these days.But you stand a chance if you both have been in communication for long and you can prove your relationship is bona fide. I’ll recommend you both take the spousal route though, either way you still have to convince the CO that your relationship is bona fide.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by urchmanbello: 11:29pm On Jan 25, 2020
Bro, u still need to exercise some lil patien bro...my wife submitted our form I-130 to the USCIS on Jan 18th 2019 and we just got approved last 2weeks 6th Jan 2020 it took us 1yr bro... The waiting can be so annoying especially with trump immigration policies. Now, am waiting for the national visa center for arrange my interview with the US embassy here in naija.

seyimuyide:
I hear that the day people submit their documents, is the day we will be waiting still reach 1year to get approved, but I was confuse because my wife submit the documents in August 5, 2019 and they send my wife receipt that they have seen it, and later they send message to my wife that our document in under review in October 22, 2019. Do we need to be counting it from August still will reach 1year to get approved or we will be counting it from October still will reach 1year to get approved
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Innobeem: 4:09am On Jan 26, 2020
dicsnemma:

So the package you’re to give the CBP, did you hand it over at the JFK airport in New York or at the airport in North Carolina?
jfk

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sage7(m): 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2020
urchmanbello:
Bro, u still need to exercise some lil patien bro...my wife submitted our form I-130 to the USCIS on Jan 18th 2019 and we just got approved last 2weeks 6th Jan 2020 it took us 1yr bro... The waiting can be so annoying especially with trump immigration policies. Now, am waiting for the national visa center for arrange my interview with the US embassy here in naija.

What service center if I may ask??

[/quote]
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by GeneralJoe94: 6:34pm On Jan 26, 2020
sandraigho:

Thanks a lot

@sandraigho please how much did you pay at GTB?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 4:09am On Jan 27, 2020
olamide0147:

my girlfriend is about to come down to Nigeria which will make it the first we are meeting in person and she intends to file for my k1 application, I hope one time meeting isn't bad or what are my chances ...she has a good job and own properties she's 54 and I'm 30, I really need help on what to do.

For me i think one trip might not be enough, i think you should tag elders of this forum to this post they lld be able to guide more..@legitbachelor ,@sharpman,@dremarcus e.t.c..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 4:53am On Jan 27, 2020
Sukey:

Hey poster,there’s really no big deal about coming here after getting your visa,I live in Delaware and there’s no intl airport here so I came in through Philadelphia and I wasn’t drilled for anything,got to the Poe,scanned my finger and was taken to a room where my sealed envelope was collected and my passport was stamped,was told to get married within 90 days and that was all.a random Dhs officer met me on my way to the agric section where you have to declare your food and collected my passport and asked me why I was getting married,caught me of guard but we ended up bantering and that was it.im yet to do my aos but I’m married to wifey already.
Plus: Most of those officers especially whites are not that friendly or maybe it’s just where I came in through

Was supposed to come in through chicago but Coming in through philly nextweek just hope one random officer on the way to agric wont ask me why am getting married and co grin.... how is the weather there?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nayee: 6:05am On Jan 27, 2020
About a month.

efozee:

Hey there @nayee, please if you don't mind me asking, at what date did they finally contact you to pick up your own passport! Hoping to hear from you soonest.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Cappie: 12:02pm On Jan 27, 2020
My K1 visa was approved this morning and I want to say a big thank you to God and also to everyone on here.
I was out of the embassy by 9 a.m. tho my appointment was for 6:30a.m
The consular officer was a white American lady asked she asked me to take the oath which I did, finger print and interview started.

So who filed for you?
When did you start talking?
How did you meet?
You met on tinder?
Follow up question
(It’s location based)so how did you find her?
That’s not how dating sites works?
When did you meet in person?
Is that her only visit?
Where and when did you propose?
Have you been married?
Has she been married?
Do you have kids?
Does she have kids?
How old?
How does the child feel about having a step dad?
Let me see the chats of you and the child?
Let me see your chats with your fiancée
Let me see pictures of you and your fiancée?
Who are these in the pictures with you?

It looks like a drilling right? But No I didn’t feel like I was been drilled. In fact it felt more like a conversation..I honestly don’t think I spent up to 5mints with her. she was nice and she kept on typing as she was talking to me. It’s normal to feel nervous no matter how genuine your relationship is but honestly you have nothing to fear or to be scared off..a pointer is the availability of seats to immigrants of which such luxury is not accorded to NIV peeps.it simply means you are special..lol. So feel special but not entitled and like they say smile and be honest pls don’t lie or try and play smart with them,if they ask you a pointed question,trust they know what they are asking and have the answer.they are trying to see if you are honest... .look into there eyes when answering questions or better still just look at them cause they are busy typing anyway.wish everyone going for there interview best of luck.

P.S the questions might not be in order and at some point she asked me to flip through our pictures and she was asking questions (not necessarily related to the pictures)
Candid advice: All intending applicants should pls endeavor to studiously go over all interview transcripts on here and also on visa journey.

6 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sage7(m): 12:20pm On Jan 27, 2020
Cappie:
My K1 visa was approved this morning and I want to say a big thank you to God and also to everyone on here.
The consular officer was a white American lady asked she asked me to take the oath which I did, finger print and interview started.

So who filed for you?
How did you meet?
You met on tinder?
Follow up question
Is that her only visit?
Have you been married?
Has she been married?
Do you have kids?
Does she have kids?
How old?

It looks like a drilling right? But No I didn’t feel like I was been drilled. In fact it felt more like a conversation..I honestly don’t think I spent up to 5mints with her. she was nice and she kept on typing as she was talking to me. It’s normal to feel nervous no matter how genuine your relationship is but honestly you have nothing to fear or to be scared off..a pointer is the availability of seats to immigrants of which such luxury is not accorded to NIV peeps.it simply means you are special..lol. So feel special but not entitled and like they say smile and be honest pls don’t lie or try and play smart with them,if they ask you a pointed question,trust they know what they are asking and have the answer.they are trying to see if you are honest... .look into there eyes when answering questions or better still just look at them cause they are busy typing anyway.wish everyone going for there interview best of luck.

P.S the questions might not be in order and at some point she asked me to flip through our pictures and she was asking questions (not necessarily related to the pictures)
Candid advice: All intending applicants should pls endeavor to studiously go over all interview transcripts on here and also on visa journey.

Congratulations man

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2020
brownesugar:

Was supposed to come in through chicago but Coming in through philly nextweek just hope one random officer on the way to agric wont ask me why am getting married and co grin.... how is the weather there?

Freezing cold my dear,freezing cold!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 4:08pm On Jan 27, 2020
Cappie:

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2020
Sukey:

Freezing cold my dear,freezing cold!

Okay @sukey thank you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 8:11pm On Jan 27, 2020
olamide0147:

If she can afford it, let her come and visit and then file, then come back again before your interview. My wife was in Nigeria for my interview and I took her pp in. I noticed the IO asked me when she would be leaving then. But with the age difference, 2 visits to even 3 sef if she can afford it. Best of luck.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 7:25am On Jan 28, 2020
My NOA2 approval is taking too long to come cry today is our 105th day from NOA1 receipt date cry

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 12:37pm On Jan 28, 2020
Treasureprince1:
My NOA2 approval is taking too long to come cry today is our 105th day from NOA1 receipt date cry

Worry not....it'll soon be here by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
sandraigho:

Worry not....it'll soon be here by God's grace.
Amen, thank you so much Sandy! I can't wait for you to share your goodnews with regards to your interview, we're all winning this year

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2020
Cappie:

So who filed for you?
How did you meet?
You met on tinder?
Follow up question
Is that her only visit?
Have you been married?
Has she been married?
Do you have kids?
Does she have kids?
How old?

Congrats man. More success stories to our family members awaiting their interviews

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
I picked up my passport and packaged documents from the DHL office today. I spent only 2minutes and was done, they are very professional. It’s time to start packing my people. The excitement today pass the day of my interview. ��

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Innobeem: 3:20pm On Jan 28, 2020
dicsnemma:
I picked up my passport and packaged documents from the DHL office today. I spent only 2minutes and was done, they are very professional. It’s time to start packing my people. The excitement today pass the day of my interview. ��
same feeling too when I got mine am in North Carolina. Be careful though because there gonna be some temptations

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 3:26pm On Jan 28, 2020
Innobeem:
same feeling too when I got mine am in North Carolina. Be careful though because there gonna be some temptations

Congrats man, and thanks for the heads up. We still keep praying �

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 5:49pm On Jan 28, 2020
dicsnemma:

Lol. Oya start to dey pack. I left 1 day after i got my passport back........bought the ticket same day.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 6:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
sharpman1:

Lol. Oya start to dey pack. I left the 1 day after i got my passport back........bought the ticket same day.

Hahahahaha.. you dey represent your name

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Paccus: 8:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
sharpman1:

Lol. Oya start to dey pack. I left 1 day after i got my passport back........bought the ticket same day.
shocked :oBro Na so you take tire for Naija??

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 4:12am On Jan 29, 2020
dicsnemma:

I can so relate,had same feeling when i picked up mine that i got teary.. started packing too but taking my time as women concern things..lolzz.. should be taking their breeze this time nextweek..
I pray for rains of positive testimonies for intending members going for interviews.. shalom

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 4:14am On Jan 29, 2020
Innobeem:

@innobeem temptations like what can u share pls?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 4:17am On Jan 29, 2020
Treasureprince1:

Worry not @treasureprince 1,just be relaxed and use this time out to pray&ask for God speed on every of your applications..it will be approved in no time.. have faith/cant wait for you to share your good news..cheers
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 6:55am On Jan 29, 2020
brownesugar:

Worry not @treasureprince 1,just be relaxed and use this time out to pray&ask for God speed on every of your applications..it will be approved in no time.. have faith/cant wait for you to share your good news..cheers
thank you so much @brownesugar. Y'all in this forum are the best

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 8:30am On Jan 29, 2020
brownesugar:

We are in same boat. We can only pray n wait now..

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:50am On Jan 29, 2020
emmarino:

We are in same boat. We can only pray n wait now..
are you waiting for NOA2 as well? If yes, please when was your NOA1 notice date?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by olamide0147: 9:29am On Jan 29, 2020
Cappie:

So who filed for you?
How did you meet?
You met on tinder?
Follow up question
Is that her only visit?
Have you been married?
Has she been married?
Do you have kids?
Does she have kids?
How old?

congrat bro,how long does the whole process takes?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by olamide0147: 9:29am On Jan 29, 2020
Cappie:

So who filed for you?
How did you meet?
You met on tinder?
Follow up question
Is that her only visit?
Have you been married?
Has she been married?
Do you have kids?
Does she have kids?
How old?

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: phaney3(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.