Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (428841 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2020
Treasureprince1:
are you waiting for NOA2 as well? If yes, please when was your NOA1 notice date?

Don’t worry man, you’ll testify soon. Just keep your head up.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 1:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
brownesugar:

I can so relate,had same feeling when i picked up mine that i got teary.. started packing too but taking my time as women concern things..lolzz.. should be taking their breeze this time nextweek..
I pray for rains of positive testimonies for intending members going for interviews.. shalom

As in ehn. My dear pack oo. And safe travels, wishing you a blissful home.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2020
Paccus:
shocked :oBro Na so you take tire for Naija??

Lol. I was not tired of Naija. I had a ceremony to attend same week.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Maymay6: 4:11pm On Jan 29, 2020
Hello House,

I wanna say a big thank you to everyone here especially the OGs for all your advice to the prospective. In fact, I got the UStraveldocs number on here when I realized that my DS160 number wasn't showing on my appointment form. I am gonna make my story very detailed for even better understanding;

PREPARATION
I went prepared, prayed and left the rest for God. I practiced all the questions I saw everywhere. lol
1. https://citizenpath.com/k-1-fiance-visa-interview-questions/
2. https://rapidvisa.com/fiance-visa-interview/
3. https://www.immi-usa.com/k1-visa-interview-questions/
4. questions from transcripts shared on here

I probably rehearsed every single question more than a zillion times with my fiance and sister. You probably don't need to do this much but I did.

DOCUMENTS
I got one of those folders with spaces inside at Prince Ebeano for about 1,700k and labeled each space for easier find just incase I got nervous and forgot where i kept each.
1. Birth certificate: I ended up going with the two (old small one and the long version) coz there was debate here about it. PS. they took only the old one. You probably would need the long one during AOS.
2. NIM No: Nobody asked for this. LOL
3. International Passport and copies
4. Appointment letter: MUST HAVE BOTH YOUR DS 160 CODE AND UID CODE. If you don't have it call them and they would fix it - +23412278955
5. Letter of intent (updated in January) Although they didn't ask for this but i had mine and my babe's. We basically just changed the date.
6. W2
7. TAX transcripts
8. Pay stubs for the last 6 months
9. Babe's letter of employment
10. Affidavit of support

I did all these and they asked for the pictures, birth certificate, affidavit of support. But its good to have them handy just in case. Finally, i had a scrab book. It had a cover page of my Fiance and I and i
1. Cover page - Image of my fiance and i
2. Table of Content
3. About us
3. How we met
4. Chats: Whatsapp, Text, and emails (I took screenshots) Please make sure the contact details page screenshot comes first so they know who is ' my heartbeat' or whatever dearing you name you saved your fiance's name as.
5. Video chats screenshots
6. Pictures - please label them with where, what was happening and date if you can remember
7. I was planning a surprise party for when he comes in next month, i took screenshots of my conversation with the party committee - the interviewer seemed even interested in this.
8. Add anything you can think of - just in case.

INTERVIEW
I lodged at Beni Gold. Paid 18K for the night. Horrible reception by the way. The bed was super hard and there were mosquitoes but anyways, i didnt care as long as i was able to achieve what i came for. Its literally 5 mins away from the consulate. So please make sure to stay close to the interview location. There is another lodge my friend stayed at - Mariah's Lodge. Its more affordable - 10K.

I got to hotel after work at 8:30pm. Checked in. Prayed and rehearsed with my sister and finace again for hours. Finally slept and woke up at 5am. I got there at 6:30am. There was already a queue.

When you get to the location, an officer will scan you or check you and direct you to where to queue which is like 1-2 mins walk. At the queue, it was divided to NIV and IV. At that point, before you join the queue, youd be search and scanned again. An officer then comes in to tell you what items are allowed and what items are not.

Another officer then allows people to pass through a small gate in 5s. Inside, theres another queue where your folders and bags are searched. Please make sure to unseal envelop. If not, youd be asked to go back and unseal it. Youd loose your position on the queue on go back to square 2. After being search, we IVs were directed to seat. A form was given to us (this would request your name, your address, your petitioners name, phone number). I think this is to for your collect your passprot. In 5s again, youd be directed into the main hall. Youd be scanned again. Finally, youd enter the hall. The IVs have a sessions where there are about 20 chairs to seat.

Youd be required to bring your birth certificate, passport - 2 pieces, appointment letter, affifidavit of support and DS160 form. The photos your fiance submitted would be returned to you. Then the waiting starts. I was number 15.

INTERVIEW
I was interviewed by a handsome white huge man. Scary looking to say the least. I was asked to raise my right hand to take the oath. Biometrics were taken as signature to the oaths.
1. Who is petitioning for you
2. How did you meet him
3. When did you start dating? 5 years, he then asked how that has worked out?
4. How did he propose to you? After saying my story, he finally smiled.
5. He requested for the pictures; I gave him my scrab book. He skimmed through everything and he asked Is this surprise party in motion?
6. He then asked who Joy was? At that point, I was like who then hell is Joy in my mind, after a few secs, i remembered, Joy is my fiance's mother's name. So in response, I mentioned her full name so he'd know I actually knew her. LOL. LESSON: Make sure you know everybody in his family.
7. How did your finance become a citizen? when I answered, he said No, his mother filed for him. I responded that No, it was through ___ and the mother's application has been in the process for two years now. When i noticed his face change, I kept quiet and said no more. It was at this he stood up to meet his colleagues.

Not smiling, he stood up and asked me to give him a few minutes. He wait to meet a colleague and felt he was discussing my case. At that moment i was now nervous and panicking. After what seemed like forever, he came back, tyoed for a bit and stood up again and asked that i gave him some minutes. Left for a few minutes and came back. I started praying that God should intervene. And God did.

Next thing he said was, I will approve your visa and it would be ready in two weeks. I was given a pick up paper and a domestic something something paper.

I was so happy and glad it went well.

ADDITIONAL INFO
if you have a supporting sponsor for affividat of support, make sure you know who they are and have then write a letter, stating their relationship with you ro your fiance and why they are sponsoring you. VERY IMPORTANT. Many were turned back because of this.

I have made my transcript very detailed because I noticed people just come and say the questions they asked and move on. Before my interview, I was frustrated because i felt, i didn't have enough info and my questions were ignored here.

Anyways, Goodluck to everyone. I hope this was very helpful. On to the next phase. Please how do we go about it?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sage7(m): 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2020
Maymay6:
Hello House,

I wanna say a big thank you to everyone here especially the OGs for all your advice to the prospective. In fact, I got the UStraveldocs number on here when I realized that my DS160 number wasn't showing on my appointment form.

God bless you.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2020
Maymay6:
Hello House,

I wanna say a big thank you to everyone here especially the OGs for all your advice to the prospective. In fact, I got the UStraveldocs number on here when I realized that my DS160 number wasn't showing on my appointment form. I am gonna make my story very detailed for even better understanding;

PREPARATION
I went prepared, prayed and left the rest for God. I practiced all the questions I saw everywhere. lol

I probably rehearsed every single question more than a zillion times with my fiance and sister. You probably don't need to do this much but I did.

DOCUMENTS
I got one of those folders with spaces inside at Prince Ebeano for about 1,700k and labeled each space for easier find just incase I got nervous and forgot where i kept each.
1. Birth certificate: I ended up going with the two (old small one and the long version) coz there was debate here about it. PS. they took only the old one. You probably would need the long one during AOS.
4. Appointment letter: MUST HAVE BOTH YOUR DS 160 CODE AND UID CODE. If you don't have it call them and they would fix it - +23412278955
5. Letter of intent (updated in January) Although they didn't ask for this but i had mine and my babe's. We basically just changed the date.
6. W2
7. TAX transcripts
10. Affidavit of support

I did all these and they asked for the pictures, birth certificate, affidavit of support. But its good to have them handy just in case. Finally, i had a scrab book. It had a cover page of my Fiance and I and i
2. Table of Content
3. About us
3. How we met
4. Chats: Whatsapp, Text, and emails (I took screenshots) Please make sure the contact details page screenshot comes first so they know who is ' my heartbeat' or whatever dearing you name you saved your fiance's name as.
6. Pictures - please label them with where, what was happening and date if you can remember
7. I was planning a surprise party for when he comes in next month, i took screenshots of my conversation with the party committee - the interviewer seemed even interested in this.

INTERVIEW
I lodged at Beni Gold. Paid 18K for the night. Horrible reception by the way. The bed was super hard and there were mosquitoes but anyways, i didnt care as long as i was able to achieve what i came for. Its literally 5 mins away from the consulate. So please make sure to stay close to the interview location. There is another lodge my friend stayed at - Mariah's Lodge. Its more affordable - 10K.

I got to hotel after work at 8:30pm. Checked in. Prayed and rehearsed with my sister and finace again for hours. Finally slept and woke up at 5am. I got there at 6:30am. There was already a queue.

When you get to the location, an officer will scan you or check you and direct you to where to queue which is like 1-2 mins walk. At the queue, it was divided to NIV and IV. At that point, before you join the queue, youd be search and scanned again. An officer then comes in to tell you what items are allowed and what items are not.

Another officer then allows people to pass through a small gate in 5s. Inside, theres another queue where your folders and bags are searched. Please make sure to unseal envelop. If not, youd be asked to go back and unseal it. Youd loose your position on the queue on go back to square 2. After being search, we IVs were directed to seat. A form was given to us (this would request your name, your address, your petitioners name, phone number). I think this is to for your collect your passprot. In 5s again, youd be directed into the main hall. Youd be scanned again. Finally, youd enter the hall. The IVs have a sessions where there are about 20 chairs to seat.

Youd be required to bring your birth certificate, passport - 2 pieces, appointment letter, affifidavit of support and DS160 form. The photos your fiance submitted would be returned to you. Then the waiting starts. I was number 15.

INTERVIEW
I was interviewed by a handsome white huge man. Scary looking to say the least. I was asked to raise my right hand to take the oath. Biometrics were taken as signature to the oaths.
2. How did you meet him
5. He requested for the pictures; I gave him my scrab book. He skimmed through everything and he asked Is this surprise party in motion?
6. He then asked who Joy was? At that point, I was like who then hell is Joy in my mind, after a few secs, i remembered, Joy is my fiance's mother's name. So in response, I mentioned her full name so he'd know I actually knew her. LOL. LESSON: Make sure you know everybody in his family.
7. How did your finance become a citizen? when I answered, he said No, his mother filed for him. I responded that No, it was through ___ and the mother's application has been in the process for two years now. When i noticed his face change, I kept quiet and said no more. It was at this he stood up to meet his colleagues.

Not smiling, he stood up and asked me to give him a few minutes. He wait to meet a colleague and felt he was discussing my case. At that moment i was now nervous and panicking. After what seemed like forever, he came back, tyoed for a bit and stood up again and asked that i gave him some minutes. Left for a few minutes and came back. I started praying that God should intervene. And God did.

Next thing he said was, I will approve your visa and it would be ready in two weeks. I was given a pick up paper and a domestic something something paper.

ADDITIONAL INFO
if you have a supporting sponsor for affividat of support, make sure you know who they are and have then write a letter, stating their relationship with you ro your fiance and why they are sponsoring you. VERY IMPORTANT. Many were turned back because of this.

I have made my transcript very detailed because I noticed people just come and say the questions they asked and move on. Before my interview, I was frustrated because i felt, i didn't have enough info and my questions were ignored here.

Anyways, Goodluck to everyone. I hope this was very helpful. On to the next phase. Please how do we go about it?

this is beautiful, your explanation is enough for anyone to prepare with, God bless you for this! Congratulations!

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 5:30pm On Jan 29, 2020
Maymay6:
Hello House,

PREPARATION

DOCUMENTS
6. W2
7. TAX transcripts
10. Affidavit of support

2. Table of Content
3. About us
3. How we met

INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW
2. How did you meet him

ADDITIONAL INFO

Congratulations dear
Thanks so much for this detailed transcript.
God bless and favour you as you move on.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
Treasureprince1:
are you waiting for NOA2 as well? If yes, please when was your NOA1 notice date?
24th September 2019.. urs?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Cappie: 9:55pm On Jan 29, 2020
olamide0147:

congrat bro,how long does the whole process takes?

7 months bro from filling to interview
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Cappie: 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2020
Maymay6:
Hello House,

PREPARATION

DOCUMENTS
6. W2
7. TAX transcripts
10. Affidavit of support

2. Table of Content
3. About us
3. How we met

INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW
2. How did you meet him

ADDITIONAL INFO

Congratulations sis..that guy looked scarily � I actually prayed not to get him..lol

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 2:22am On Jan 31, 2020
We just received our NOA2!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 31, 2020
Treasureprince1:

Wow. Congratulations.. last born don become second born.

They told you to be calm and keep praying and it came in God’s due time.
More success stories for everyone.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 6:47am On Jan 31, 2020
Mayorr89:

Wow. Congratulations.. last born don become second born.

They told you to be calm and keep praying and it came in God’s due time.
More success stories for everyone.
hahaahahahha, thank you! I'm still the last born till I get my visa joor cheesy cheesy amen to your wishes
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 7:18am On Jan 31, 2020
Treasureprince1:
Congratulations... You didn't answer my question.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sage7(m): 7:31am On Jan 31, 2020
Treasureprince1:

At last...congratulations!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 7:42am On Jan 31, 2020
emmarino:

Congratulations... You didn't answer my question.
sorry, I just went through and saw your question, I got my NOA1 on October 15 2019
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 7:42am On Jan 31, 2020
Treasureprince1:

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Im so excited for you...specially cheesy
Congrats bro
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 7:43am On Jan 31, 2020
Sage7:

At last...congratulations!
yes o, thanks a lot, everything will end in praise by God's grace
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 7:45am On Jan 31, 2020
sandraigho:

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Im so excited for you...specially cheesy
Congrats bro
thanks a lot sandy! Your positive words towards me have been massive, I can't wait for all of us to smile at the end

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 7:45am On Jan 31, 2020
Treasureprince1:

Congrats bro. Now, on to bugging NVC with calls...
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:54am On Jan 31, 2020
disguy1:

Congrats bro. Now, on to bugging NVC with calls...
yes o, thanks baba
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 8:59am On Jan 31, 2020
Treasureprince1:
sorry, I just went through and saw your question, I got my NOA1 on October 15 2019
Don't know why ours is taking long sha.. can only pray n wait...It will surely come...
Congratulations bro..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 9:15am On Jan 31, 2020
emmarino:

Don't know why ours is taking long sha.. can only pray n wait...It will surely come...
Congratulations bro..

Worry not...it'll soon be here.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 10:15am On Jan 31, 2020
emmarino:

Congratulations bro..
please hang in there a little bit, your approval is imminent, it's almost here!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 11:30am On Jan 31, 2020
Treasureprince1:

Congratulations @treasureprince1

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 11:49am On Jan 31, 2020
Treasureprince1:
please hang in there a little bit, your approval is imminent, it's almost here!
Tnx much
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2020
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2020
Trump has banned issuance of immigrant visas for Nigerians til further notice! Meaning all those that haven’t been issued their K1 visas will have to wait until the ban is lifted
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 9:59pm On Jan 31, 2020
paosca20:
Trump has banned issuance of immigrant visas for Nigerians til further notice! Meaning all those that haven’t been issued their K1 visas will have to wait until the ban is lifted

This is terrifying!!! shocked
What happens to those that have started the K1 visa process, those with approvals & waiting to be interviewed and those who just got their visas but haven't travelled yet.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2020
sandraigho:

This is terrifying!!! shocked
What happens to those that have started the K1 visa process, those with approvals & waiting to be interviewed and those who just got their visas but haven't travelled yet.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/01/31/breaking-trump-imposes-new-travel-ban-on-nigeria-five-other-countries/

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 10:38pm On Jan 31, 2020
The ban only affects people that haven’t gotten their valid visas on or before Feb 21st! Anyone with a valid visa is free to travel! If you haven’t gotten a visa before then, your case will wait till the ban is lifted!

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.