Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (429938 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 11:19am On Mar 03, 2020
brownesugar:

My bro just heed his advice immigration rules are changing,for graduates in the house if you are coming in kindly come along with your certificates and have your transcripts arranged to be sent down as its part of the important documents one must have before you can file for adjustment of status,it must be evaluated by WES(World Education Services) &sent to USCIS over here..... am in a fix /putting calls of how to get my three certifications down heard it was made compulsory effect feb 24th alongside the ban... anyone read about this too ?

Wonders shall never end o....WES evaluation again?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 11:41am On Mar 03, 2020
sandraigho:

Wonders shall never end o....WES evaluation again?f

World EValuation Services(new york)before now its only if you want to go their school here one lld be required to send transcripts to them,or some work and co but now even to to adjust status they hve made it manditory,even if its a diploma one has,it will be evaluated.. this man is trying all ways to make immigration something else
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2020
brownesugar:

World EValuation Services(new york)before now its only if you want to go their school here one lld be required to send transcripts to them,or some work and co but now even to to adjust status they hve made it manditory,even if its a diploma one has,it will be evaluated.. this man is trying all ways to make immigration something else

Waoow this is serious. My school can waste time to send transcripts for evaluation.
Thanks for the Info

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2020
sandraigho:

Waoow this is serious. My school can waste time to send transcripts for evaluation.
Thanks for the Info

Mine too can waste time eeehnnn,just in a fix now making calls here and there..God help me.
Just said i should chip in for members coming in to know..

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 1:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
brownesugar:

My bro just heed his advice immigration rules are changing,for graduates in the house if you are coming in kindly come along with your certificates and have your transcripts arranged to be sent down as its part of the important documents one must have before you can file for adjustment of status,it must be evaluated by WES(World Education Services) &sent to USCIS over here..... am in a fix /putting calls of how to get my three certifications down heard it was made compulsory effect feb 24th alongside the ban... anyone read about this too ?

Wow. Can you share the link where you read that? That might be helpful. I’ve surfed through but couldn’t find anything

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 1:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
brownesugar:

When I said I was putting things in place, this is exactly wat I meant. I’m working on getting my transcripts sent to WES for evaluation. In my school, it’s compulsory to come in person to request for transcripts. When I’m done, ill join you guys

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2020
Please how much should I budget for medicals at qlife?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 11:39pm On Mar 03, 2020
Edobreed:
Dear all.. wanna praise God and light up the group a little.. being a silent follower and also wanna thank @ THIS GUY for all the assistance..

My k-1 visa interview went well this Morin

Transcript :
Who petitioned for you
How did you meet her
How did she get to u.s
Asked if I was married b4
Why I divorced
If I have proposed and evidence of proposal, and how it went
How the divorced process went
If I have family in the state and address
If I have traveled in the last 5yrs and prove
Has she ever being to naija b4 me met
If I have any degree cert..
If both families have met.

And he said congratulations , gave me a paper of whr to pick it up and a paper showing my rights.

Just to encourage other applicants.. Trust in God, try to knw ure spouse inside out, and give it your best.

Congrats man. More good news from other awaiting their interview
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 12:05am On Mar 04, 2020
Edobreed:
Dear all.. wanna praise God and light up the group a little.. being a silent follower and also wanna thank @ THIS GUY for all the assistance..

My k-1 visa interview went well this Morin

Transcript :
Who petitioned for you
How did you meet her
How did she get to u.s
Asked if I was married b4
Why I divorced
If I have proposed and evidence of proposal, and how it went
How the divorced process went
If I have family in the state and address
If I have traveled in the last 5yrs and prove
Has she ever being to naija b4 me met
If I have any degree cert..
If both families have met.

And he said congratulations , gave me a paper of whr to pick it up and a paper showing my rights.

Just to encourage other applicants.. Trust in God, try to knw ure spouse inside out, and give it your best.

baba please let us know when your visa is issued
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 12:39am On Mar 04, 2020
Hey Guys, i hope everyone is doing good, congrats to those approved! I heard something today when talking to a friend regarding the ban.

Please reduce all your social media posts even on Visa journey, He said embassy are monitoring people's post of vj(this is the third time i would be hearing this). I am not trying to scare any one because i want all to be approved. Gather documents that would over proof your relationship, pictures, calls and all that. His niece went for her immigrant interview today, she said it was tough and she was drilled and grilled and she said 8 people were out-rightly denied(not AP) and she was the second person approved.

God will see us through,Amen.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 5:26am On Mar 04, 2020
Dutchleez:

Wow. Can you share the link where you read that? That might be helpful. I’ve surfed through but couldn’t find anything

You can google it my brother,my hubby wants to file my adjustment of status and he learnt that result evaluation from WES alongside marriage certificate here is amongst compulsory docs before u can file adjustment of status .for WES to do a evaluation they need a copy of your result alongside transcripts from the sch u finished from amongst others..they just started this a week ago .
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 5:33am On Mar 04, 2020
paosca20:

When I said I was putting things in place, this is exactly wat I meant. I’m working on getting my transcripts sent to WES for evaluation. In my school, it’s compulsory to come in person to request for transcripts. When I’m done, ill join you guys

Very good move(wisdom) if we had gotten wind of this information we lld hve work on mine sent down before coming but i thought lld request for it once i put in for schooling didnt know it lld be one of the important criteria to adjust status... good you are processing /sending it before coming its gonna relieve you of alot stress..

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kiahrt: 5:39am On Mar 04, 2020
NTUk1:

Are you married? If you are married you have to apply for the spousal visa if you are engaged and want to get married in the US then you apply for the fiancé visa

I'm married, but seems spousal visa is an immigrant visa and it has been banned. Just wanna get clarification on dat
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 9:03am On Mar 04, 2020
brownesugar:

Very good move(wisdom) if we had gotten wind of this information we lld hve work on mine sent down before coming but i thought lld request for it once i put in for schooling didnt know it lld be one of the important criteria to adjust status... good you are processing /sending it before coming its gonna relieve you of alot stress..

It is well, thanks a lot dear, and I wish you the very best

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 10:46am On Mar 04, 2020
Treasureprince1:
Please how much should I budget for medicals at qlife?
please someone should answer me cry

Cc : Paosca
Ntuk

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 10:57am On Mar 04, 2020
Treasureprince1:
please someone should answer me cry

Ntuk
No vex, I paid 91,500 but mine was done in Abuja. Why don’t you call Qlife they will tell you the exact fee.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 11:42am On Mar 04, 2020
NTUk1:

No vex, I paid 91,500 but mine was done in Abuja. Why don’t you call Qlife they will tell you the exact fee.
alright thanks, I stay in ph but will prefer to do it in Lagos, thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by modulus30: 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
Greetings friends in the house. I just joined the group recently through a friends advice. Please I humbly want to know if any of us in the house has confirmed if the recent ban does not affect K1 Visa applicants. My Fiance just filled on 21st of february. No update yet from USCIS. Dont know if it's too early to expect notifications from them if the application was recieved. Friends please I need your comments. Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2020
[quote author=Treasureprince1 post=87155010]please someone should answer me cry

Ntuk[/quote

@treasureprince1 find below the attachments of my medical fee at qlife as @dec 2019,pls note the price on the internet is not updated except they have recently done that tho,the updated list is attached below,however i ended up paying this amount for medicals cos two shots werent available then so was advise i could take here or so.. i ended paying sixty something thousand&23,125 making a total of 84,625 think its due to the unavailable shot,pls go with your atm for your transactions,to be on safer side go with the amount on the list herewith sure you will come back with some change,pls visit www.qlifemedicals.com to book your appointment before going but payment validate appointment, suggest you make payment there via bank transfer &they confirm it for you,heard no need to go with your passport photo again that they ll take you themselves think you should go with it still incase grin...my opinion tho.. grin
. Also dont forget to go with your intl passport,NVC letter cos they ll need your case number .. cheers

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by modulus30: 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
Greetings friends in the house. I just joined the group recently through a friends advice. Please I humbly want to know if any of us in the house has confirmed if the recent ban does not affect K1 Visa applicants. My Fiance just filled on 21st of february. No update yet from USCIS. Dont know if it's too early to expect notifications from them if the application was recieved. Friends please I need your comments. Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 1:43pm On Mar 04, 2020
[quote author=brownesugar post=87158423][/quote]thank you so much
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 1:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
modulus30:
don't worry you'll get your NOA1 soon

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 1:46pm On Mar 04, 2020
brownesugar:

Thanks for this info sis. Na wao. I will make sure to get this sent before leaving then.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 10:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
This place is so dry, Ntuk I can't wait to hear your good news
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:15am On Mar 06, 2020
brownesugar:

USCIS have not mandated any WES evaluation. People can decide to include it but it's not mandatory. USCIS don't need WES to determine the authenticity of the Certificates. Theu already have eyes and ears in Nigeria....the US Embassy

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by olajide0808: 9:28am On Mar 06, 2020
Hello house, pls for someone that has girlfriend in the state that has not visited nigeria before, we actually plan to marry once I get to the US...we met on social media and we talk every now and then.....she was unable to visit nigeria because of her health issues.....pls what type of Visa can one apply for in other to get there so we can marry apart from B1 B2, I've applied for B1 B2 before and got rejected ...thinking of another visa option....pls your kind reply is needed asap....thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2020
olajide0808:
Hello house, pls for someone that has girlfriend in the state that has not visited nigeria before, we actually plan to marry once I get to the US...we met on social media and we talk every now and then.....she was unable to visit nigeria because of her health issues.....pls what type of Visa can one apply for in other to get there so we can marry apart from B1 B2, I've applied for B1 B2 before and got rejected ...thinking of another visa option....pls your kind reply is needed asap....thanks in anticipation.

Your chances of going to the u.s to get married is slim. But you can travel to somewhere close to her .. outside of u.s so you both can meet and do what you want.

This is a K1 fiance thread. You may visit other immigrant visa thread for more information. But if you planning to use the k1 route, then you both have to meet at least once before the application.

Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sponge3(m): 2:11pm On Mar 06, 2020
Good afternoon everyone. Is K1 visa banned or not. Been hearing conflicting infos.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 4:58pm On Mar 06, 2020
Sponge3:
Good afternoon everyone. Is K1 visa banned or not. Been hearing conflicting infos.

@Sponge3,

There are reports that some K-1 Visas are still been approved of recent.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 8:26pm On Mar 06, 2020
brownesugar:

You can google it my brother,my hubby wants to file my adjustment of status and he learnt that result evaluation from WES alongside marriage certificate here is amongst compulsory docs before u can file adjustment of status .for WES to do a evaluation they need a copy of your result alongside transcripts from the sch u finished from amongst others..they just started this a week ago .

I’ve surfed through the net and couldn’t find anything in regards to your update.
The only update I found was form i944 - Declaration of self sufficiency which is a new requirement from February 24th.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.