Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (428504 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by seyimuyide(m): 4:22am On Feb 29, 2020
People are just saying no k3 in Nigeria but my wife filled k3 last year and I was approved my noa2 early this month, for me there is k3 Visa in Nigeria and after my wife filled for k3, last year I also send email to US embassy in Lagos if there is no k3 in Nigeria but they reply me that k3 is exited in Nigeria
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 8:13am On Feb 29, 2020
kunlelikeme:
I enter Yankee yesterday with no hazzles. The guy just collected my passport, did finger print, asked for my package. He saw my pictures with my woman come dey ask me if na who I wan marry be that. I wanted to tell him no o, na him sister...
I just hope trump no go ban adjustment of status sha.
I wish everybody good luck

Congratulations, all the best. Hope to be there soon, the embassy have contacted me. Thanks for your help.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 10:04am On Feb 29, 2020
DankbaresHerz:

Congratulations, all the best. Hope to be there soon, the embassy have contacted me. Thanks for your help.
Good morning, pls are you a K1 applicant and when was your interview?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 2:40pm On Feb 29, 2020
House pls what’s the difference between certificate of birth by NPC and attestation of birth. I have a certificate of birth by NPC that was issued in 1993 is this going to be collected by the embassy?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OrnamentOne: 3:40pm On Feb 29, 2020
seyimuyide:
People are just saying no k3 in Nigeria but my wife filled k3 last year and I was approved my noa2 early this month, for me there is k3 Visa in Nigeria and after my wife filled for k3, last year I also send email to US embassy in Lagos if there is no k3 in Nigeria but they reply me that k3 is exited in Nigeria

What do you mean by K3 is exited in Nigeria?

Anyways when u file an I130 (CR1) together with an I129 (K3), it helps ur case to be approved faster at the USCIS. But it's the CR1 that gets approved, the K3 is refused. I haven't seen any K3 approval in a long time. I know because that's what my wife did last year, and I got approved at USCIS in 3 months. I'm in the US now by the way. NVC and time to get an interview took time. In all, it took me a total of 10 months from I130 petition to entering the US.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by seyimuyide(m): 3:57pm On Feb 29, 2020
I don't know how the uscis do it but all I know my wife filled for k3
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 4:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
[quote author=OrnamentOne post=Ok
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 5:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
T
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 7:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
If you were born before 1993, you need to collect attestation of birth from NPC to be on safer side just come with both.
NTUk1:
House pls what’s the difference between certificate of birth by NPC and attestation of birth. I have a certificate of birth by NPC that was issued in 1993 is this going to be collected by the embassy?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 7:34pm On Feb 29, 2020
K1 & K3 are both non immigrant visas because you are not coming in with a green card.

I don't think the ban affects both.

I don't think the ban also affects adjustment of Status.

The ban specifically affects immigrant visas on people outside US trying to come in on green cards not those in US on K1 adjusting status for a green card.

My opinion
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 8:06pm On Feb 29, 2020
Attraction:
If you were born before 1993, you need to collect attestation of birth from NPC to be on safer side just come with both.
Thank you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OrnamentOne: 9:02pm On Feb 29, 2020
kunlelikeme:

HI brother, I will like to ask you some questions. Do you mind if I inbox you?

Sure
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OrnamentOne: 9:15pm On Feb 29, 2020
kunlelikeme:

What I will suggest is that people on spousal route should file for k3 visa because the k3 is non immigrant. You can get approved on that until they lift the ban.

Culled from the official website https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-spouse-k-3.html

The Second Step: Applying for a Visa
Important Notice:
[/b]When both petitions have been approved by USCIS and sent to the NVC or when USCIS approves the I-130 before the I-129F, the availability of, as well as the need for, a nonimmigrant K-3 visa ends. If the NVC receives both an approved I-130 petition and an approved I-129F petition:

The nonimmigrant K-3 visa case will be administratively closed.[b]

The application process explained below will not be available to the foreign-citizen spouse and cannot be used.
The NVC will contact the U.S. citizen sponsor and foreign-citizen spouse, with instructions for processing the IR-1 (or CR-1) immigrant visa. For more information on the immigrant visa process, review the Immigrant Visa for a Spouse webpage.

[/b] If the NVC receives the approved I-129F petition before it receives the I-130 petition, the NVC will process the I-129F petition.[b] NVC will then send the I-129F petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the country where the marriage took place.

So the only way K3 can be approved is if it is filed first and way ahead of the CR1. If you file both together or file the CR1 before the K3, most likely the CR1 will be approved first.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 1:30am On Mar 01, 2020
NTUk1:

Good morning, pls are you a K1 applicant and when was your interview?

Yes i am K1 applicant, I am applying from Germany, the process is a bit different from applying from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Innobeem: 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
Please how long does it take to get a birth certificate from national population census and how much pls
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 7:08pm On Mar 01, 2020
Innobeem:
Please how long does it take to get a birth certificate from national population census and how much pls

Got mine the same day. If you can get there early, you should get it the same day.
Cost me N5,500 but some people said they did theirs for like 7 to 10k(not too sure).
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Innobeem: 3:25am On Mar 02, 2020
Where

Got mine the same day. If you can get there early, you should get it the same day.
Cost me N5,500 but some people said they did theirs for like 7 to 10k(not too sure). []
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 7:51am On Mar 02, 2020
Innobeem:
Where

Cost me N5,500 but some people said they did theirs for like 7 to 10k(not too sure). []

NPC office in Babs Animashaun, Surulere, Lagos.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mofedamijo(m): 12:25pm On Mar 02, 2020
sandraigho:

Cost me N5,500 but some people said they did theirs for like 7 to 10k(not too sure).
please is it applicable to every age or those born after 1993?? thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2020
mofedamijo:

please is it applicable to every age or those born after 1993?? thanks.
I think its better you just do it to avoid unnecessary stories. I'm certain you'll need it for your status adjustment when you get into the U.S

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mofedamijo(m): 2:15pm On Mar 02, 2020
sandraigho:

I think its better you just do it to avoid unnecessary stories. I'm certain you'll need it for your status adjustment when you get into the U.S

Thanks boss, am not even based in Nigeria at the moment, will find a way around it, thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Edobreed: 4:14pm On Mar 02, 2020
Dear all.. wanna praise God and light up the group a little.. being a silent follower and also wanna thank @ THIS GUY for all the assistance..

My k-1 visa interview went well this Morin

Transcript :
Who petitioned for you
How did you meet her
How did she get to u.s
Asked if I was married b4
Why I divorced
If I have proposed and evidence of proposal, and how it went
How the divorced process went
If I have family in the state and address
If I have traveled in the last 5yrs and prove
Has she ever being to naija b4 me met
If I have any degree cert..
If both families have met.

And he said congratulations , gave me a paper of whr to pick it up and a paper showing my rights.

Just to encourage other applicants.. Trust in God, try to knw ure spouse inside out, and give it your best.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 4:18pm On Mar 02, 2020
Edobreed:
Dear all.. wanna praise God and light up the group a little.. being a silent follower and also wanna thank @ THIS GUY for all the assistance..

Transcript :
Who petitioned for you
How did you meet her
How did she get to u.s
Why I divorced

And he said congratulations , gave me a paper of whr to pick it up and a paper showing my rights.

Just to encourage other applicants.. Trust in God, try to knw ure spouse inside out, and give it your best.

That’s what I’m talking about!!!! Woohooo!!! I thank God for your approval. Your feedback has put us all at ease. Congratulations we dey ur back!

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 4:20pm On Mar 02, 2020
Those of us with upcoming interviews I can see they’ve been asking for degree certificates, waec result and NIN number. Let’s be prepared, it will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2020
Edobreed:

Transcript :
Who petitioned for you
How did you meet her
How did she get to u.s
Why I divorced

wowwwww! This is just what I need, congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Edobreed: 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2020
Thanks boss.. wish every1 success ahead of their interviews.

I was also asked wen we started dating ,how many times she visited and whr she lives in the state..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2020
Edobreed:

Transcript :
Who petitioned for you
How did you meet her
How did she get to u.s
Why I divorced

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Thanks be to God & Big congratulations to you.
Thanks for this heads up....way to go guys!
@Treasureprince1, lets do this...lol
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 4:51pm On Mar 02, 2020
sandraigho:

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Thanks be to God & Big congratulations to you.
Thanks for this heads up....way to go guys!
@Treasureprince1, lets do this...lol
yes oooooooo, I'm with you

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 11:07pm On Mar 02, 2020
Edobreed:

Transcript :
Who petitioned for you
How did you meet her
How did she get to u.s
Why I divorced

Congrats bro!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 10:56am On Mar 03, 2020
paosca20:

I’m putting some things in place first

My bro just heed his advice immigration rules are changing,for graduates in the house if you are coming in kindly come along with your certificates and have your transcripts arranged to be sent down as its part of the important documents one must have before you can file for adjustment of status,it must be evaluated by WES(World Education Services) &sent to USCIS over here..... am in a fix /putting calls of how to get my three certifications down heard it was made compulsory effect feb 24th alongside the ban... anyone read about this too ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 11:11am On Mar 03, 2020
NTUk1:
Those of us with upcoming interviews I can see they’ve been asking for degree certificates, waec result and NIN number. Let’s be prepared, it will end in praise.

It part of the new immi rules to adjust ones status..@least a certification that one passed through school..lord have mercy ..this govt wahala too much
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 11:13am On Mar 03, 2020
Edobreed:

Transcript :
Who petitioned for you
How did you meet her
How did she get to u.s
Why I divorced

Congratulations bro you just lightened up the room once again,welcome on board

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.