Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (428533 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 1:00pm On Mar 10, 2020
sandraigho:

Yes o soon by God's grace.
My interview has been rescheduled...so annoying.
mine wasn't rescheduled, don't worry, las las we go dey alright, I'm honestly happy for all of us here

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2020
sandraigho:

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
God be praised
We've been waiting for your good news
Congratulations dear
Thanks a lot, God is good. Your testimony is next!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2020
NTUk1:
God is awesome!!!!!
Had my interview and was approved today.
I can say for sure that the K1 visa is not affected by the ban.
Thank you all for your support all the way. I said let me come and quickly tell you guys. I will let you know how it went once I settle down.
This Kain God ohhhhh....I never see your type ohh!
Congratulations
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2020
Treasureprince1:
yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! Congratulations Ntuk1. God is faithful, I d wait your transcript like this biko
Yes oh!!! Thanks dear, I’ll post it soon.
It shall end in praise for us all.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sage7(m): 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2020
NTUk1:
God is awesome!!!!!
Thank you all for your support all the way. I said let me come and quickly tell you guys. I will let you know how it went once I settle down.

Congratulations NTUk1
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Edobreed: 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2020
NTUk1:
God is awesome!!!!!
Congrats

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 5:13pm On Mar 10, 2020
ottidex:

Thats my issue, My Fiancee got a mail it should have been transferred to Lagos about 3 weeks ago.
But Lagos as not sent any Notification. When I call the Customer care at the Consulate, They Only say wait.

And I think there is an expiration on the Mail sent to my fiancee...On NVC site there is no notification after I filled Out the DS-160 form.
grin
And I do not know, if I should go ahead and just pay the Visa Fees.

Wait for them my brother by the 4th week max they lld mail your fiancee that they are ready to process then you can pay for visa fee&co,so mine too didnt come on time then lagos embassy can so keep someone on hold sure they have back log of work (one thing US govt teaches one is patience,even continuation when here too requires patience)worry not since NVC says its ready/in lagos they ll surely mail you its their kaya they must carry it..lolzzz grin ...dont worry bro it ll surely come just pray along.... cheers
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2020
NTUk1:
God is awesome!!!!!

Congratulations NTUK1, been waiting for you&@treasureprince1 testimony ,am happy for you welcome on board
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2020
brownesugar:

Congratulations NTUK1, been waiting for you&@treasureprince1 testimony ,am happy for you welcome on board
You're not waiting for mine abi shocked

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 6:00pm On Mar 10, 2020
brownesugar:

awwwwwww, how sweet, thanks joor, you'll soon hear from me by God's grace

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 6:00pm On Mar 10, 2020
sandraigho:

I'm the last born joor grin

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2020
Treasureprince1:
I'm the last born joor grin
Old school like you?...yeeye!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by GeneralJoe94: 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
[quote author=sandraigho post=87321
My interview has been rescheduled...so annoying.
[/quote]

Same here,what could be the reason? Coronavirus?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 7:41pm On Mar 10, 2020
Treasureprince1:
awwwwwww, how sweet, thanks joor, you'll soon hear from me by God's grace

Amen its a settled victory for you, have you done your medicals?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 7:45pm On Mar 10, 2020
sandraigho:

Awww i have been waiting for yours too@sandraigho,so sorry i forgot to include your name how can i forget how helpful you are to me information wise,feverish chills been dealing with me for some days now think its accrued to change of environment so was i a rush to leave a comment..so sorry .#bighugstoyou&positive testimonies to everyone awaiting interview..#xoxo

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 7:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
[quote author=GeneralJoe94 post=87331505][/quote]

Rescheduled ke,pls why are they rescheduling pple interview?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 8:41pm On Mar 10, 2020
brownesugar:

Awww i have been waiting for yours too@sandraigho,so sorry i forgot to include your name how can i forget how helpful you are to me information wise,feverish chills been dealing with me for some days now think its accrued to change of environment so was i a rush to leave a comment..so sorry .#bighugstoyou&positive testimonies to everyone awaiting interview..#xoxo
Thanks dearie. I appreciate.
Trust ure adapting fast & Indy's treating you well

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2020
[quote author=GeneralJoe94 post=87331505][/quote]
Only God knows why they've been rescheduling interviews
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 10:03pm On Mar 10, 2020
NTUk1:
God is awesome!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by shariaston(f): 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2020
can I get the VJ link(s)
sandraigho:

Yes i just did.
Guess all interviews for March have been rescheduled.
Same story trending on VJ as well
Only God knows what's going on
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 10:45pm On Mar 10, 2020
brownesugar:

Amen its a settled victory for you, have you done your medicals?
not yet will do so exactly two and half weeks to my interview, my interview is scheduled for next month, honestly i can't wait

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
Ntuk1 please share transcripts ooooo, my ears are itching grin

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 10:49pm On Mar 10, 2020
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 4:30am On Mar 12, 2020

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 10:43am On Mar 13, 2020
As promised I’m back with my transcripts.
Grab a drink and snacks...it’s long grin

Got to the embassy at 5:45am. They security guy had shared us into groups, immigrant and non immigrant. At about 6:30 we headed towards the security check point. After the search we sat down and they asked for our appointment letter, Ds160 and visa fee payment confirmation. Submitted it and we were given a number and asked to fill a contact form. We then proceeded to the next security check and then straight into the embassy. Inside the embassy we went to the immigrant visa section and lined up to osubmit the required documents( police report, passport, birth certificate, Affidavit of support and tax documents, Medicals) and then biometrics. After that we were asked to sit down. We were about 40 at the time but some people were in groups. At about 7:30 the consular officers started coming out to sit at their windows. That’s when I knew it was time for the real deal. They were 3 officers and they started by picking the files randomly and calling the numbers but not chronologically. It was random.

My number was called at about 9:00am by the CO I prayed not to get because the guy was not smiling at all. But God knew who was best for me.

Took oath
CO- who’s calling you to the US
Me- my fiancé .......(called his name)
CO- where does he reside, state
Me- .....
CO- what countries have you lived in for more than 6months
Me- the US and UK
CO- what years were you in the US
Me- 20-20....
CO- So that was when the relationship started
Me- yes
CO- what university did you attend
Me- .............
CO- ahhhh nice!
CO- what other countries have you visited
Me- named all

At this point it was like gist and he had started smiling and laughing with me so I had calmed down and wasn’t tensed anymore

CO- so how many times has he come to Nigeria since you moved back after school
Me- over 10 but we’ve also met in other countries and I’ve visited.
CO- why then do you want to get married in the US if he visits that often.
Me- told him exactly why, plus we have our dream wedding location in .......
CO- where’s that? What city? Never heard of it
Me- we laughed and talked a bit about the city, he now wants to visit the place lol

The gist was getting plenty but I was not worried at all.

CO- isn’t your family and your fiancé’s family here, don’t you want them to attend the wedding.
Me- they all have visas, they will come over for the wedding
CO- ahh that’s great!
CO- closes my file, doesn’t ask for pictures or any evidence like he had asked everyone before me. Gave me white paper to pick up passport in 2 weeks. Gave me the domestic violence paper and was narrating my rights but at this point my mind don leave embassy. I took the papers and took off with all the heavy evidence I carried. Also he returned my original birth certificate.

TOP tips:
Pray like you’ve never prayed before. God does not sleep.

Be patient with the process, nothing good comes easy.

Be ready to stand at the embassy!!

Be confident and answer truthfully, they have already read through your petition before calling you so they know all about you and the petitioner.

I wasn’t asked the normal generic questions that are typically asked. The CO asked me questions unique to my case and the answers I provided led to the next question. So don’t expect the normal questions everybody is being asked.

I wasn’t asked for evidence but other people were so carry all you think will help your case. For those that haven’t filed yet I suggest front loading your petition with enough evidence.

MOST importantly DO NOT LIE!!!
Also if you have been visiting your petitioner in the US try not to overstay, someone got denied for staying more than 6 months.

Brothers and Sisters.....US embassy will humble you LOL but it shall end in praise. I’m very willing to answer and help anyone who has questions, I know how much this platform helped me. God bless us all on this journey.

6 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 10:43am On Mar 13, 2020
Treasureprince1:
Ntuk1 please share transcripts ooooo, my ears are itching grin
I’ve posted dear.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2020
Treasureprince1:
not yet will do so exactly two and half weeks to my interview, my interview is scheduled for next month, honestly i can't wait

Okay i understand the anxiety that comes in with when interview date is almost here,when its a week to the date the anxiety mixed with fear of unknown comes in but just trust in God,pray well,&gather all your documents all in one place leave no stones unturned better to carry all your docs there, if possible go with your primary school cert sef..know every details and see God moving mightily for you..its settled victory bro grin..cheers
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2020
sandraigho:

Thanks dearie. I appreciate.
Trust ure adapting fast & Indy's treating you well

You are welcome dearie smiley,yeah i am thank you.
Have you settled with another interview date?you said embassy was rescheduling int dates
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Edobreed: 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2020
NTUk1:

Got to the embassy at 5:45am. They security guy had shared us into groups, immigrant and non immigrant. At about 6:30 we headed towards the security check point. After the search we sat down and they asked for our appointment letter, Ds160 and visa fee payment confirmation. Submitted it and we were given a number and asked to fill a contact form. We then proceeded to the next security check and then straight into the embassy. Inside the embassy we went to the immigrant visa section and lined up to osubmit the required documents( police report, passport, birth certificate, Affidavit of support and tax documents, Medicals) and then biometrics. After that we were asked to sit down. We were about 40 at the time but some people were in groups. At about 7:30 the consular officers started coming out to sit at their windows. That’s when I knew it was time for the real deal. They were 3 officers and they started by picking the files randomly and calling the numbers but not chronologically. It was random.

My number was called at about 9:00am by the CO I prayed not to get because the guy was not smiling at all. But God knew who was best for me.

Took oath
Me- .....
CO- when did he go to the US
Me- 20....
CO- how did he go
Me- told him the visa type
CO- looked confused for a few seconds and said but he was married to a citizen blah blah..
Me- yes, that’s how he became a citizen but he’s divorced.
CO- laughs....wow a lot has happened this past decade.
Me- laughs too
CO- how long have you know each other?
Me- since we were kids, our families are friends
CO- so did the relationship start before he left Nigeria
Me- No, it started when I moved to the US for my masters degree, we reunited blah blah blah.
Me- the US and UK
Me- 20-20....
Me- yes
Me- .............
CO- ahhhh nice!
Me- named all

At this point it was like gist and he had started smiling and laughing with me so I had calmed down and wasn’t tensed anymore

Me- we laughed and talked a bit about the city, he now wants to visit the place lol

CO- isn’t your family and your fiancé’s family here, don’t you want them to attend the wedding.
CO- ahh that’s great!
CO- closes my file, doesn’t ask for pictures or any evidence like he had asked everyone before me. Gave me white paper to pick up passport in 2 weeks. Gave me the domestic violence paper and was narrating my rights but at this point my mind don leave embassy. I took the papers and took off with all the heavy evidence I carried. Also he returned my original birth certificate.

TOP tips:

Be confident and answer truthfully, they have already read through your petition before calling you so they know all about you and the petitioner.

I wasn’t asked the normal generic questions that are typically asked. The CO asked me questions unique to my case and the answers I provided led to the next question. So don’t expect the normal questions everybody is being asked.

I wasn’t asked for evidence but other people were so carry all you think will help your case. For those that haven’t filed yet I suggest front loading your petition with enough evidence.

Also if you have been visiting your petitioner in the US try not to overstay, someone got denied for staying more than 6 months.

Brothers and Sisters.....US embassy will humble you LOL but it shall end in praise. I’m very willing to answer and help anyone who has questions, I know how much this platform helped me. God bless us all on this journey.

Congrats ooooo
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2020
Edobreed:

Congrats ooooo
Thank you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 12:51pm On Mar 13, 2020
brownesugar:

You are welcome dearie smiley,yeah i am thank you.
Have you settled with another interview date?you said embassy was rescheduling int dates

Was supposed to go by last week of this month but I've been rescheduled so i don't have a choice than to keep waiting.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 12:55pm On Mar 13, 2020
NTUk1:

Took oath
Me- .....
CO- when did he go to the US
Me- 20....
CO- how did he go
Me- told him the visa type
CO- looked confused for a few seconds and said but he was married to a citizen blah blah..
Me- yes, that’s how he became a citizen but he’s divorced.
CO- laughs....wow a lot has happened this past decade.
Me- laughs too
CO- how long have you know each other?
Me- since we were kids, our families are friends
CO- so did the relationship start before he left Nigeria
Me- No, it started when I moved to the US for my masters degree, we reunited blah blah blah.
Me- the US and UK
Me- 20-20....
Me- yes
Me- .............
CO- ahhhh nice!
Me- named all

CO- ahh that’s great!

TOP tips:

Congratulations dear
Very interesting transcript
My question is do u still have a valid B1/B2 visa?
If yes, was it cancelled after your interview to grant this K1 visa type?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.