Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (431256 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2020
sandraigho:

Congratulations dear
Very interesting transcript
My question is do u still have a valid B1/B2 visa?
If yes, was it cancelled after your interview to grant this K1 visa type?

This question is not for me but I can give some insight.

When I went for my K1 interview and got my K1 visa, I still had a valid B1/B2 visa. No one said anything about the B1/B2 being cancelled, it was just there on the passport without any indication of it being cancelled.

However, the normal practice is that the B1/B2 will be cancelled on their system and the only way to know is to attempt to travel with it.......which would not really make sense.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2020
sandraigho:

Congratulations dear
Very interesting transcript
My question is do u still have a valid B1/B2 visa?
If yes, was it cancelled after your interview to grant this K1 visa type?
Thank you dear. No my B1/B2 had already expired before the interview. But if you have one they will probably cancel it before issuing your K1.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 1:16pm On Mar 13, 2020
sharpman1:

When I went for my K1 interview and got my K1 visa, I still had a valid B1/B2 visa. No one said anything about the B1/B2 being cancelled, it was just there on the passport without any indication of it being cancelled.

However, the normal practice is that the B1/B2 will be cancelled on their system and the only way to know is to attempt to travel with it.......which would not really make sense.
Yh ur right. They don’t physically cancel it but do it on their system. Some times they may tell you about the cancellation or may not.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Gudnexvincent(f): 1:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
[quote author=NTUk1 post=87403905]As promised I’m back with my transcripts.
Grab a drink and snacks...it’s long grin

Got to the embassy at 5:45am. They security guy had shared us into groups, immigrant and non immigrant. At about 6:30 we headed towards the security check point. After the search we sat down and they asked for our appointment letter, Ds160 and visa fee payment confirmation. Submitted it and we were given a number and asked to fill a contact form. We then proceeded to the next security check and then straight into the embassy. Inside the embassy we went to the immigrant visa section and lined up to osubmit the required documents( police report, passport, birth certificate, Affidavit of support and tax documents, Medicals) and then biometrics. After that we were asked to sit down. We were about 40 at the time but some people were in groups. At about 7:30 the consular officers started coming out to sit at their windows. That’s when I knew it was time for the real deal. They were 3 officers and they started by picking the files randomly and calling the numbers but not chronologically. It was random.

My number was called at about 9:00am by the CO I prayed not to get because the guy was not smiling at all. But God knew who was best for me.

Took oath
CO- who’s calling you to the US
Me- my fiancé .......(called his name)
CO- where does he reside, state
Me- .....
CO- when did he go to the US
Me- 20....
CO- how did he go
Me- told him the visa type
CO- looked confused for a few seconds and said but he was married to a citizen blah blah..
Me- yes, that’s how he became a citizen but he’s divorced.
CO- laughs....wow a lot has happened this past decade.
Me- laughs too
CO- how long have you know each other?
Me- since we were kids, our families are friends
CO- so did the relationship start before he left Nigeria
Me- No, it started when I moved to the US for my masters degree, we reunited blah blah blah.
CO- what countries have you lived in for more than 6months
Me- the US and UK
CO- what years were you in the US
Me- 20-20....
CO- So that was when the relationship started
Me- yes
CO- what university did you attend
Me- .............
CO- ahhhh nice!
CO- what other countries have you visited
Me- named all

At this point it was like gist and he had started smiling and laughing with me so I had calmed down and wasn’t tensed anymore

CO- so how many times has he come to Nigeria since you moved back after school
Me- over 10 but we’ve also met in other countries and I’ve visited.
CO- why then do you want to get married in the US if he visits that often.
Me- told him exactly why, plus we have our dream wedding location in .......
CO- where’s that? What city? Never heard of it
Me- we laughed and talked a bit about the city, he now wants to visit the place lol

The gist was getting plenty but I was not worried at all.

CO- isn’t your family and your fiancé’s family here, don’t you want them to attend the wedding.
Me- they all have visas, they will come over for the wedding
CO- ahh that’s great!
CO- closes my file, doesn’t ask for pictures or any evidence like he had asked everyone before me. Gave me white paper to pick up passport in 2 weeks. Gave me the domestic violence paper and was narrating my rights but at this point my mind don leave embassy. I took the papers and took off with all the heavy evidence I carried. Also he returned my original birth certificate.

TOP tips:
Pray like you’ve never prayed before. God does not sleep.

Be patient with the process, nothing good comes easy.

Be ready to stand at the embassy!!

Be confident and answer truthfully, they have already read through your petition before calling you so they know all about you and the petitioner.

I wasn’t asked the normal generic questions that are typically asked. The CO asked me questions unique to my case and the answers I provided led to the next question. So don’t expect the normal questions everybody is being asked.

I wasn’t asked for evidence but other people were so carry all you think will help your case. For those that haven’t filed yet I suggest front loading your petition with enough evidence.

MOST importantly DO NOT LIE!!!
Also if you have been visiting your petitioner in the US try not to overstay, someone got denied for staying more than 6 months.

Brothers and Sisters.....US embassy will humble you LOL but it shall end in praise. I’m very willing to answer and help anyone who has questions, I know how much this platform helped me. God bless us all on this journey.

Congratulations dear.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 1:56pm On Mar 13, 2020
NTUk1:
As promised I’m back with my transcripts.
Grab a drink and snacks...it’s long grin

Got to the embassy at 5:45am. They security guy had shared us into groups, immigrant and non immigrant. At about 6:30 we headed towards the security check point. After the search we sat down and they asked for our appointment letter, Ds160 and visa fee payment confirmation. Submitted it and we were given a number and asked to fill a contact form. We then proceeded to the next security check and then straight into the embassy. Inside the embassy we went to the immigrant visa section and lined up to osubmit the required documents( police report, passport, birth certificate, Affidavit of support and tax documents, Medicals) and then biometrics. After that we were asked to sit down. We were about 40 at the time but some people were in groups. At about 7:30 the consular officers started coming out to sit at their windows. That’s when I knew it was time for the real deal. They were 3 officers and they started by picking the files randomly and calling the numbers but not chronologically. It was random.

My number was called at about 9:00am by the CO I prayed not to get because the guy was not smiling at all. But God knew who was best for me.

Took oath
CO- who’s calling you to the US
Me- my fiancé .......(called his name)
CO- where does he reside, state
Me- .....
CO- when did he go to the US
Me- 20....
CO- how did he go
Me- told him the visa type
CO- looked confused for a few seconds and said but he was married to a citizen blah blah..
Me- yes, that’s how he became a citizen but he’s divorced.
CO- laughs....wow a lot has happened this past decade.
Me- laughs too
CO- how long have you know each other?
Me- since we were kids, our families are friends
CO- so did the relationship start before he left Nigeria
Me- No, it started when I moved to the US for my masters degree, we reunited blah blah blah.
CO- what countries have you lived in for more than 6months
Me- the US and UK
CO- what years were you in the US
Me- 20-20....
CO- So that was when the relationship started
Me- yes
CO- what university did you attend
Me- .............
CO- ahhhh nice!
CO- what other countries have you visited
Me- named all

At this point it was like gist and he had started smiling and laughing with me so I had calmed down and wasn’t tensed anymore

CO- so how many times has he come to Nigeria since you moved back after school
Me- over 10 but we’ve also met in other countries and I’ve visited.
CO- why then do you want to get married in the US if he visits that often.
Me- told him exactly why, plus we have our dream wedding location in .......
CO- where’s that? What city? Never heard of it
Me- we laughed and talked a bit about the city, he now wants to visit the place lol

The gist was getting plenty but I was not worried at all.

CO- isn’t your family and your fiancé’s family here, don’t you want them to attend the wedding.
Me- they all have visas, they will come over for the wedding
CO- ahh that’s great!
CO- closes my file, doesn’t ask for pictures or any evidence like he had asked everyone before me. Gave me white paper to pick up passport in 2 weeks. Gave me the domestic violence paper and was narrating my rights but at this point my mind don leave embassy. I took the papers and took off with all the heavy evidence I carried. Also he returned my original birth certificate.

TOP tips:
Pray like you’ve never prayed before. God does not sleep.

Be patient with the process, nothing good comes easy.

Be ready to stand at the embassy!!

Be confident and answer truthfully, they have already read through your petition before calling you so they know all about you and the petitioner.

I wasn’t asked the normal generic questions that are typically asked. The CO asked me questions unique to my case and the answers I provided led to the next question. So don’t expect the normal questions everybody is being asked.

I wasn’t asked for evidence but other people were so carry all you think will help your case. For those that haven’t filed yet I suggest front loading your petition with enough evidence.

MOST importantly DO NOT LIE!!!
Also if you have been visiting your petitioner in the US try not to overstay, someone got denied for staying more than 6 months.

Brothers and Sisters.....US embassy will humble you LOL but it shall end in praise. I’m very willing to answer and help anyone who has questions, I know how much this platform helped me. God bless us all on this journey.
awwwwwwww, thanks a lot for this, all the best to you, Sandraigho and myself are looking forward to sharing our goodnews soon

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 2:03pm On Mar 13, 2020
sharpman1:

Ooh okay...thanks a lot
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 2:04pm On Mar 13, 2020
NTUk1:

Thank you dear. No my B1/B2 had already expired before the interview. But if you have one they will probably cancel it before issuing your K1.

I see...thanks much.
Congratulations again

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 2:30pm On Mar 13, 2020
[quote author=Gudnexvincent post=87408765][/quote]
Thank you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 2:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
Treasureprince1:
awwwwwwww, thanks a lot for this, all the best to you, Sandraigho and myself are looking forward to sharing our goodnews soon
I’m waiting for you guys to share your good news!!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2020
NTUk1:

I’m waiting for you guys to share your good news!!
yes o, soon you go hear am, abeg eh no mind the two goats up there

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2020
Treasureprince1:
yes o, soon you go hear am, abeg eh no mind the two goats up there
Big goats! I no fit shout Abeg! They can say whatever they like. Like he rightly said God sees all. In Nigeria people get divorced and remarry so what’s the big deal.
Divorcing an American is now a taboo because Americans are gold! They should fuvk outta here!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 6:43pm On Mar 13, 2020
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 6:53pm On Mar 13, 2020
NTUk1:

Big goats! I no fit shout Abeg! They can say whatever they like. Like he rightly said God sees all. In Nigeria people get divorced and remarry so what’s the big deal.
Divorcing an American is now a taboo because Americans are gold! They should fuvk outta here!
you're already aware they're senseless goats, why worry yourself over their miserable lives, I've told the smaller goat to send his accounts details so that i'll give him some money to feed but he's ashamed
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 6:55pm On Mar 13, 2020
NTUk1:
I believe I’ve been helpful enough on this forum and it’s my fault for sharing my transcripts and letting people I don’t know judge my fiancé, this is something I don’t take lightly. I don’t appreciate the curses that John is placing on my relationship that he doesn’t know jack about. I would no longer participate in this forum if it’s what I would be getting in return. I wish everyone good luck and may God bless you Mr/Mrs John.
if you quit the forum the goats will win, you're 100% sure we all here love you and wish you well, why stress yourself over brainless goats

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 7:10pm On Mar 13, 2020
NTUk1:
I believe I’ve been helpful enough on this forum and it’s my fault for sharing my transcripts and letting people I don’t know judge my fiancé, this is something I don’t take lightly. I don’t appreciate the curses that John is placing on my relationship that he doesn’t know jack about. I would no longer participate in this forum if it’s what I would be getting in return. I wish everyone good luck and may God bless you Mr/Mrs John.

Your life is nobody's business!
Anybody can marry and divorce. Americans are worse when it comes to divorce sef....pschewwww

So sorry about their insensitive comment
I understand exactly how you feel. Pls don't let any miserable human being make you back out by spewing trash without knowing you or your fiance personally.
Awon alaiyebaje oshi

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by lasthero: 7:29pm On Mar 13, 2020
You can't marry a second wife in America unless you divorce the first one. America don't practice polygamy like it's done here hence, divorce rate is higher over there than here. So why is someone's divorce a problem to another?.

SMH for some people
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
NTUk1:

Excuse you? Don’t talk about what you don’t know. My fiancé was dating and married a Nigerian lady. Unfortunately the marriage didn’t work out and they separated. Mind you, I was never in the picture during their marriage. So don’t come here and spew rubbish. I’m blessed to have a wonderful man in my life. Go and concentrate on your lonely sad life. Anu ofia!
Saving this for USCIS to see it. It's all about time frame, you told it all in the interview, ha-ha-ha. grin

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 13, 2020
NTUk1:
God is awesome!!!!!
Had my interview and was approved today.
I can say for sure that the K1 visa is not affected by the ban.
Thank you all for your support all the way. I said let me come and quickly tell you guys. I will let you know how it went once I settle down.
This Kain God ohhhhh....I never see your type ohh!
Saving this too and sending it to USCIS. Keep insulting me, you will cry. Easy to see who was approved March 10th and what was the interview, it's all in the system.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 7:42pm On Mar 13, 2020
This information is just for those undergoing adjustment of Status. I read that if you file AOS when your k1 is still active (you got married within 90days ). The public charge rule wont affect, you will fill the i-944 forms but it won't be admissible. But if you file AOS after 90days of entry and your K1 non immigrant status is expired, omo the i-944 public charge forms will be scrutinized 100%. And that forms no be small thing. You need evaluation of your transcript or certificates by NACEs member, you need statement of account of the cash you have as at the time of filling as evidence...U convert it to dollars etc, even though you will put your spouse assets etc, you need something for yourself cos the form is about you proving you won't be a public charge.

You can research on this info...for those yet to be here or those filling. Congrats to you all!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 7:59pm On Mar 13, 2020
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 8:03pm On Mar 13, 2020
123JohnF:

Saving this for USCIS to see it. It's all about time frame, you told it all in the interview, ha-ha-ha. grin
Awwww who hurt you USCIS approved my motherfucking petition and my relationship is 2000% genuine. nothing at all to hide I can bear it all!! keep trolling. Shameless fool!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 8:13pm On Mar 13, 2020
Looool
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Janet200: 8:14pm On Mar 13, 2020
123JohnF:

Saving this too and sending it to USCIS. Keep insulting me, you will cry. Easy to see who was approved March 10th and what was the interview, it's all in the system.

Naija person don do this one strong thing, body de pepper am, go use your head hit wall. Nobody get your time, try to heal from your chattered heart. Fool

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 13, 2020
Janet200:

Naija person don do this one strong thing, body de pepper am, go use your head hit wall. Nobody get your time, try to heal from your chattered heart. Fool
LOL, another scammer coming to rescue. grin

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 8:19pm On Mar 13, 2020
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Janet200: 8:19pm On Mar 13, 2020
123JohnF:

LOL, another scammer coming to rescue. grin

Mr or Mrs Trump, go put your miserable life together.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.