Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,290 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (433789 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 11:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
brownesugar:
@sandraigho,@treasureprince1 how are you guys doing/ its been a while any update yet?this our room is so quiet lately..#besafeeveryone..#onelove
thanks brownesugar, my interview was scheduled for April 15th but was canceled because of covid-19 virus, I think things will get back to normal once this pandemic is contained, thank you once again for reaching out, please stay safe too

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 2:19am On Mar 30, 2020
brownesugar:
@sandraigho,@treasureprince1 how are you guys doing/ its been a while any update yet?this our room is so quiet lately..#besafeeveryone..#onelove

Thanks dear....everything is on hold with this pandemic
Otherwise, i would have posted how it went.
Hopefully, all this will soon be over.
Trust you're doing fine & staying safe
Thanks again for checking

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
dicsnemma:

Virginia bro.

It always says open online but when you get there it'll be locked
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 6:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
Treasureprince1:
thanks brownesugar, my interview was scheduled for April 15th but was canceled because of covid-19 virus, I think things will get back to normal once this pandemic is contained, thank you once again for reaching out, please stay safe too

Amen @ treasureprince 1 praying for you my guy &hoping this new 14days lockdown would be over before 15th... God mighty hands rest on you and over this pandemic in jesus name......Amen..be safe#onelove.. cheers

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 6:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
sandraigho:

Thanks dear....everything is on hold with this pandemic
Otherwise, i would have posted how it went.
Hopefully, all this will soon be over.
Trust you're doing fine & staying safe
Thanks again for checking

You are welcome babes,a thunderous Amen to your prayers cos this pandemic is slowing alot of things down,but at the end we ll surely testify.. do take care#staysafe#onelove.. cheers

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Laboutique: 9:44am On Mar 31, 2020
paosca20:

Yes sir. I didnt go back! However, I didnt use QLIFE. I used IOM in Abuja. I think people that used Qlife are in a better position to answer ur question

OK.. Thanks also. Did you need yellow card for entry into the US?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
Laboutique:

OK.. Thanks also. Did you need yellow card for entry into the US?

No need

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Divinegrace0147: 1:01am On Apr 01, 2020
Do I start booking for interview while I have not receives the last email but I tracked my case it said ready.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 01, 2020
Divinegrace0147:
Do I start booking for interview while I have not receives the last email but I tracked my case it said ready.
Yes.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Divinegrace0147: 1:08am On Apr 01, 2020
[quote author=NTUk1 I received mine on 18 of march ..do I need to start paying the fees and booking for interview.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Divinegrace0147: 1:15am On Apr 01, 2020
Please how can start doing it...what steps do I take in getting my interview set.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 01, 2020
Divinegrace0147:
Please how can start doing it...what steps do I take in getting my interview set.
You can read this topic and follow the normal procedure yet now because of pandemic, your interview may be delayed.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2020
paosca20:

No need

Actually I will advice you do, normally it is not needed, but given the Covid-19 pandemic, they might ask for it at the Nig airport. Better to have it and you are not asked at the airport than to be asked and you don't have it.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2020
dicsnemma:

Actually I will advice you do, normally it is not needed, but given the Covid-19 pandemic, they might ask for it at the Nig airport. Better to have it and you are not asked at the airport than to be asked and you don't have it.

It is actually not needed except you're traveling to other African countries.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 4:44am On Apr 07, 2020
Meanwhile some people who have done their AOS biometrics are getting green cards without interview. Covid19 is changing things. Seemed they went back to the previous format they had years ago. I pray this benefits us all! Stay safe pple!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 5:26am On Apr 07, 2020
Divinegrace0147:
[quote author=NTUk1 I received mine on 18 of march ..do I need to start paying the fees and booking for interview.
So sorry for the late reply. You can go ahead and pay the visa fee if the banks in you area are open. There’s a lockdown in Abuja and Lagos till the 13th so no banks are open. You can’t book an interview at the moment because the portal to book has no available dates. If you can pay the visa fee now do so, so that once everything is back and running you can book a date immediately it becomes available. Check this page regularly, you might get the news here first. Stay safe x

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 5:28am On Apr 07, 2020
Attraction:
Meanwhile some people who have done their AOS biometrics are getting green cards without interview. Covid19 is changing things. Seemed they went back to the previous format they had years ago. I pray this benefits us all! Stay safe pple!
That’s great! They probably want to avoid any backlog once this is over.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 5:55am On Apr 07, 2020
Hey guys, how’s everyone holding up? Let’s all try and be positive and pray this all ends soon. I heard some staff at the embassy left with the emergency evacuation flight and I can’t even blame them they need to be with their loved ones at this time. Let’s pray for the best.

So what’s everyone up to? Hope we are staying at home. I’ve been binge watching money heist and ozark on Netflix, great shows if you’re looking for what to watch. Oh and locked up, elite and miracle in cell 7 is good too. Instablog is also keeping me company....saw they arrested Funke Akindele for violating the social distancing order with her party for her boo, it is well, they are scapegoats. And all the challenges and tiktok videos �� by the time this is over I would have mastered baby come gimme something ohhh and don’t rush �

It’s almost 6am and I don’t know what day it is...all I know is that it’s bedtime. Goodnight Ndi-nkem, pls wash your hands and stay at home so we can go out soon xx

9 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2020
Attraction:

@Attraction,

Are you sure about this?

If true, then that will be good. Do you by chance have the links to the website or further info about those who got their Green Cards without going for an interview?

Cheers!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 08, 2020
select500:

@Attraction,
Are you sure about this?
If true, then that will be good. Do you by chance have the links to the website or further info about those who got their Green Cards without going for an interview?
Cheers!
K1 AOS always was NO Interview, just few people has interview, only if some more info they want. K1 visa usually is an extensive background check on both (couple to marry), K1 foreign person has interview in the embassy, so many don't need the interview applying for AOS, later during ROC and Citizenship more investigation and many, if it's not all, have interview. Living in US for a couple of years, it's easy to check on you how do you live and what do you do.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 9:37pm On Apr 08, 2020
SmartKitty:

K1 AOS always was NO Interview, just few people has interview, only if some more info they want. K1 visa usually is an extensive background check on both (couple to marry), K1 foreign person has interview in the embassy, so many don't need the interview applying for AOS, later during ROC and Citizenship more investigation and many, if it's not all, have interview. Living in US for a couple of years, it's easy to check on you how do you live and what do you do.
nice one, you don d get sense, keep it up

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 7:11am On Apr 09, 2020
Its happening for real. You can confirm on visa journey. I think they re trying to avoid backlogs because of Covid19
select500:

@Attraction,

Are you sure about this?

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2020
Attraction:
Its happening for real. You can confirm on visa journey. I think they re trying to avoid backlogs because of Covid19

@Attraction,

You are correct. I just read about two people on Visa Journey that recently got their Green Cards without doing an AOS interview.

Cheers!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by daisydamsy: 6:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
Hi guys. Hope you all are staying safe and well. My fiancé just received the NOA2 this morning. Pls what do we do oh? I am suddenly lost, especially with this break cause of coro coro. I got all the info I needed for us from here till we got to this stage but now, I just have to ask you guys to help me. I’m tired of scrolling back to previous posts and visiting websites for research(that thing is not easy) In fact all the info I gathered for this moment has disappeared from my memory. Hand the info to me on a platter, please guys. What’s the next step?���
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Tesilicious: 10:57am On Apr 11, 2020
My fiancé submitted the K1 application form with the cheque since October, 2019 but is yet to get a notice from the USCIS office up until now April 2020. When he called the USCIS office in February 2020 they acknowledged the receipt of the documents via phone call and requested that he sends in evidence of our relationship to enable the process faster, which my fiancé has done. Although he was told that they are yet to start working on our case as they have a lot of file they are working on now. Should I be concerned for the fact that we didn’t get any notice form the USCIS office that they have recieved our application via mail? Or it’s normal for the USCIS to only acknowledge receipt of the documents when they intend to start working on the case file?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 9:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ah

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
Tesilicious:
My fiancé submitted the K1 application form with the cheque since October, 2019 but is yet to get a notice from the USCIS office up until now April 2020. When he called the USCIS office in February 2020 they acknowledged the receipt of the documents via phone call and requested that he sends in evidence of our relationship to enable the process faster, which my fiancé has done. Although he was told that they are yet to start working on our case as they have a lot of file they are working on now. Should I be concerned for the fact that we didn’t get any notice form the USCIS office that they have recieved our application via mail? Or it’s normal for the USCIS to only acknowledge receipt of the documents when they intend to start working on the case file?

Hi, did your fiance change his address? Because he was meant to receive the noa1 hardcopy by mail, secondly when he called uscis, was he able to get the receipt no to enable you guys track your case either via tracking app or uscis website? Since you filed October you're meant to receive either noa2 or rfe by now but cases are different though, kindly answer my questions so that the experienced amongst us can chip in some info or advice.

Regards.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 9:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
daisydamsy:
Hi guys. Hope you all are staying safe and well. My fiancé just received the NOA2 this morning. Pls what do we do oh? I am suddenly lost, especially with this break cause of coro coro. I got all the info I needed for us from here till we got to this stage but now, I just have to ask you guys to help me. I’m tired of scrolling back to previous posts and visiting websites for research(that thing is not easy) In fact all the info I gathered for this moment has disappeared from my memory. Hand the info to me on a platter, please guys. What’s the next step?���
you still have to wait, your approved case will be sent to nvc who will issue you a case no and forward your case to the us embassy in naija, let's pray this pandemic ends soon so we can go back to our normal lives and our journey won't be delayed any longer

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 3:29am On Apr 12, 2020
Delay happens when you dont file completely.
Any application for USCIS must be properly filed with All necessary information needed, once you dnt or miss out things, you delay your process, they will just put it aside, whether its for k1 visa or AOS, follow instructions on USCIS and file completely.
Tesilicious:
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 3:32am On Apr 12, 2020
Things are happening, didnt you do biometrics when you went for your K1 visa interview? Covid19 is changing a lot. If they needyour biometrics they can get it.
kunlelikeme:

Those are the people who have already done their biometrics, those submitting now might not be able to get it until all these situations die down as they cannot do biometrics now
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 2:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Attraction:
Things are happening, didnt you do biometrics when you went for your K1 visa interview? Covid19 is changing a lot. If they needyour biometrics they can get it.

Don’t think that’s accurate. They’re only using biometrics captured during the AOS process AFAIK. Only those that were captured before the lockdown are being waived the interview requirements.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.